Precision Drilling Corporation Employee Reviews

pretty good wages and insurance making it idea to support a family
Derrick Hand (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 1, 2016
most days are long. Depending on where you're working the weather conditions can be pretty rough,but a good industry to provide for a family
Pros
great pay and insurance
Cons
adverse working conditions
Comp and Benefits good
Division Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
Good comp and benefits. Company states they are all about people. Good safety record and recognizes those accomplishments. High turnover in some areas of company, however; overall good place to gain oil & gas experience.
Hydraulic Technician
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
It is a Canadian company with very little care of work/life balance. There is absolutely no time off and no appreciation!
safe workplace
Motorman (Former Employee) –  Cresson, TXJanuary 31, 2016
This company was committed to safety in every way. Co workers and management were great. I was responsible for checking and making sure generators were running right. Assisted driller or rig manager in any way possible. Also, I was the only certified forklift operator on location, so I was running the rig forklift constantly.
Great while oil is up
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2015
I have really enjoyed working at Precision, but with oil being down and probably staying down for an extended period of time I am looking to get out of the oil field altogether and get into something more stable and long term.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
great place to work, always learning new things
Lead Shop and Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  houston, txSeptember 14, 2015
my days at work alway vary, I usually start work early in the morning and if everything is working well i go home no later than 6 pm. i am on call 24/7 with very little time off. I love my job, I'm always learning new things and no two days are the same. I work with a great team of managers, recently many of my co-workers were laid off due to the slowdown in the oil field. The few co-workers that are left are very knowledgeable and are a great team of people to work with. The hardest part of my job is the stress level that comes with it. Being on call 24/7 intensifies the stress level and leaves very little personal time since i have to be willing to go to work at any given time with no days off. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction that I get when the broken piece of equipment gets fixed. I like seeing results and i like having new challenges. It constantly keeps me learning new things and greatly improves my troubleshooting skills. I also like the fact that when I am out in the field I work with a diverse group of people from many different parts of the country.
Great Co-workers
Little Person in the company (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 15, 2015
I had a great group of co-workers, that taught me a lot about the company. The HR dept was a laugh. Did not or would not help you if you had a problem.
Cons
Too many managers!! Pay was horrible!!
Awesome company to work.Great Stampede Parties
Time Card Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pay Roll DepartmentFebruary 24, 2015
Very fast paced atmosphere worked with a lot of great team players. Multi cultural. Excellent benefits and a great place to work. Advanced my knowledge in the pay roll field. Most enjoyable part of my job is when I completed all my daily tasks. Dedication is my Motto.
Pros
Free Friday Breaks fast from Tim Horton's
Cons
Longs hours, however willing to work the over time whenever needed
Very good place to work for.
Motorhand (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 31, 2014
great atmosphere, good management,very safety oriented,
Great company to work for, difficult work schedule.
MWD Lead Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge North, TXMay 25, 2014
Good managerial team. Employees work away from home for long periods of time, which can be a difficult lifestyle for many. Compensation is on par with the rest of the industry. Not much room for advancement opportunities.
Overall good company to work for.
Instructor/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 8, 2014
I worked out of the Williston, ND office while living in Minot.
Instructor / Training coordinator.
I learned alot about communication and coordination and was ablw to pick up some valuable training skills.
Pros
Yearly bonus, truck, gas card, credit card for expenses
Cons
Long commute to work
The HR Manager is a very intimidating person, very, very hard to work for.
hr (Former Employee) –  GJ, CoJanuary 15, 2013
You would be crazy to apply for this job. You will end up on anxiety medication because of the HR Boss.
Safe, Fun,
Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 16, 2012
I liked my time at Precision Drilling it was a very fast paced and fun envirenment. It was also very safe and they took there safety very seriously.
Pros
the amount of time on and time off, worked really well.
Cons
outside work. cold in the winter.
good place to work
run drilling rig and crew (Former Employee) –  edsonMarch 5, 2012
takes care of equipent has good health pakage,always work if u want it. never had payroll problems
Pros
good place to work