PRECISION DRILLING Employee Reviews

productive and great opertunities to learn new skills
driller (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 10, 2016
prejob safety meeting, safe work environment, plan tasks and assign jobs to rig team members, supervise and ensure tasks are done safely and correctly, maintain clean and organized work area and zero spills, note tasks and work to be done for on coming crew
Great Company to work in .
MOTOR MAN (Current Employee) –  Mentone, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Precision and management improved my working skills, they preach safety every day witch is great for all of us working there.
Pros
Great Benefits, and reasonable pay.
Cons
Advancement.
safe workplace
Motorman (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Make relief with co-workers. Learn what they were working on the night before and if there were any complications. Hold pre-job safety meeting. Begin working on task at hand. Usually basic drilling operations. I learned that you have to be patient with co-workers when you're in a management position.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unstable industry
Great while it lasts
floothand (Former Employee) –  Cresson, TXJanuary 19, 2016
This was a great job and company while they need you and have work. Not a great job or company as far as job security goes. Great people work fr them and safety is always a priority.
The perks with the job are hard to beat, new truck, phone, compter, credit card and great people to work with.
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed driving to the rig locations each day, this was an opportunity to plan your day and get ready for what ever the day may bring. With this much seat time I got to see lots of at risk behavior on the road, its no wonder people die everyday on our nations highways. Once on location you could be doing any or all of the following; safety stand down, audit, inspection, investigation, observation process, OSHA compliance, administrative support, close out action items or corrective actions. I enjoyed spending time with the rig hands and getting to know them at a personal level. Building relationships that help build a safety culture that functioned even when I was not there to monitor their behaviors. Holding safety meetings and getting input from them about their concerns and what I could do to address them. Working closely with Rig Managers and supporting them in areas that were outside my scope of responsibility (as far as my manager was concerned). Most all the rig hands shared my passion for working safely and helped to identify and eliminate those who refused to get with the program when given the opportunity. The biggest problem was there was too much to do and not enough time to get it done. It was difficult to be where you were needed all the time and you had to make some hard choices. Worst of all was without notice I was terminated without being able to thank all the employees who were responsible for my success as a Safety Professional and how much I appreciated their support every time I visited their rigs.
Pros
Lots of freedom to develop a work style that makes a positive impact.
Cons
They play favorates and have a big problem with double standards.
Good place to work in a great environment
Drafter / Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2015
A good company to work with. Every body is friendly and a great environment to work at. They give good bonus every year. Just show up on time to work, and you can learn from the top experience people with good knowledge of the oil and gas field.
productive hard work
floor hand (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 5, 2015
i have worked for precision drilling as a floor hand.
it was hard work 12-13 hour non stop shifts and 2 weeks on 2weeks off. i loved it! if you can land a job with them stick with it and move up.
Pros
good payout, awsome benefits
Cons
work depends on gas prices
Good pay/ offtime
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 11, 2015
Competitive pay, good offtime. Very safety oriented.
Management lacked sufficient knowledge of rig.
Coworkers were easy to work with
Awesome place to work ,great technology, great people...
Floorhand/Motorhand/Derrickhand (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 8, 2015
Started my oilfield career with Precision Drilling and advanced fast. Due to great programs offered, great people to teach you the ropes to improve yourself...
Pros
great people to work with and awesome new rigs, technology
Productive, and a fun place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at Precision Drilling. The warehouse was very safe, clean to work in and we worked as a team. The pay was great along with the benefits..
Pros
Great place to work and the pay was great
Cons
None at this time
professional
Floor Hand/Motor Hand (Former Employee) –  williston ndOctober 9, 2015
good company.am willing to go back to work at precision drilling if the opportunity is ever available.advancement opportunities are available
Goal oriented company and fun place to work at.
Engineering & Major Capital Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 3, 2015
Awesome/motivational coworkers. Manager was very flexible and a pleasure to work with. Enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Gym to workout
Cons
Work place was a parking lot
Derrickman (Current Employee) –  Alice, TXOctober 2, 2015
I was a car salesman and within the month I beat the rest of the sales team in sales and sold my first new vehicle within the first week after successfully passed the training program.
Pros
got to drive a variety of cars
Cons
didnt pay weekly
Neepd more sales support
Directional Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2015
Precision was a good company as for as benefits. They did not have much work to keep us busy on a drilling rig.After management left, we lost all of our business.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough work
Very demanding job
employed (Current Employee) –  txSeptember 29, 2015
This has been a great opportunity for me. If the oil market wasn't so valitile I would enjoy staying with this company.I enjoy working with everyone here.
Pros
great pay
Cons
consumes your whole life
THIS WAS A GOOD CO TO WORK FOR
RIG MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXSeptember 26, 2015
I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS AND THE SAFETY OF ALL HANDS ON RIG SITE. HAD SOME GREAT CO-WORKERS. HARDEST PART OF THE JOB GOING DAYS WITHOUT GOOD SLEEP . WAS COOKING DINNER FOR MY RIG CREWS AND ENJOYING THEM EAT A GOOD MEAL
Pros
WAS BAR-QUE FOR THE HANDS EVERY WK WAS FUN
Cons
GOING LONG HRS WITH OUT SLEEP
Great great place to work good learning environment.
Derrickman (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 13, 2015
Good work environment, great teachers all round. I would recommend Precision Drilling to experienced hands and a great place for inexperienced hands to learn the trade.
Pros
Job Advancement.
Cons
Lacking team players.
Excellent Company
Coil Tubing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trout Run, PASeptember 1, 2015
Worked as supervisor and and PD is one of the best companys as far as pay, and treatment of employees. Superior safety policies that use information from the guys in the field, not a safety guy sitting in an office.
Pros
Very progressive managment, actually worked towards a better workplace
great work place good co-workers,learned electric Top Drives and work as a team and was sent to schools to learn there systemsdirect supervisor were w
Top Drive Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
Great place to work, supervisors were pro active and learning was a pro. schooling on systems were provided. I was well compensted for work provided.
learning new ways
Motorman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2015
working with precision was a different challenge do to the fact they are a canadan based company so had to get used to how they wanted things to go.but in the end it all worked out for the best