Precision Drilling Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pace safety cultured group of individuals from top to bottom.
Motor man (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 23, 2016
Liked the job and all people involved .Enjoyed all challenges put before me as well as overcoming them. Management provided
all employees with the tools and knowledge to promote and work
safely at every task.
Productive place to work for
Account Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2016
A busy place to work for, a/p and a/r, my job was not hard, it was a pleasure to work with my co-worker. the most enjoyable part of my job was getting up in the morning to have a place to work
Pros
A good place to work
Cons
safe enviroment
Great Co-Workers
Vendor Support / Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
My main roll was in Accounts payable. I did a lot, enjoyed what I did.
People I worked with made my job enjoyable. Oil and gas industry in a downturn made the lay-offs harder and harder and more job roles were placed on people.
Pros
Co=Workers
Benefits
good invierment
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  North DakotaApril 15, 2016
cleaning rig , tripping pipe, making connection, working at heights, safety practice, i loved working at heights and tripping pipe. co-wokers were friendly.
Productive and safe work environment
Derrickman~Assistant Driller~Floating Driller (Current Employee) –  PAApril 11, 2016
Long hours but well worth it. Company provides excellent safety training as well as educational courses for certificates and licenses.
Ok place to work
Yard Hand/Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Crosby, TXMarch 9, 2016
Got to learn how to build an oil rig, operate different heavy equipment and got to learn how to operate a oil rig. Also learned how to do shipping and receiving.
you get to make lifelong friends
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2016
good job with good people, management and pay. you get to see the county in a different light and see other people and there culture!
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
takes time to get use to
productive and great opertunities to learn new skills
driller (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 10, 2016
prejob safety meeting, safe work environment, plan tasks and assign jobs to rig team members, supervise and ensure tasks are done safely and correctly, maintain clean and organized work area and zero spills, note tasks and work to be done for on coming crew
Great Company to work in .
MOTOR MAN (Current Employee) –  Mentone, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Precision and management improved my working skills, they preach safety every day witch is great for all of us working there.
Pros
Great Benefits, and reasonable pay.
Cons
Advancement.
safe workplace
Motorman (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Make relief with co-workers. Learn what they were working on the night before and if there were any complications. Hold pre-job safety meeting. Begin working on task at hand. Usually basic drilling operations. I learned that you have to be patient with co-workers when you're in a management position.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unstable industry
Great while it lasts
floothand (Former Employee) –  Cresson, TXJanuary 19, 2016
This was a great job and company while they need you and have work. Not a great job or company as far as job security goes. Great people work fr them and safety is always a priority.
The perks with the job are hard to beat, new truck, phone, compter, credit card and great people to work with.
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed driving to the rig locations each day, this was an opportunity to plan your day and get ready for what ever the day may bring. With this much seat time I got to see lots of at risk behavior on the road, its no wonder people die everyday on our nations highways. Once on location you could be doing any or all of the following; safety stand down, audit, inspection, investigation, observation process, OSHA compliance, administrative support, close out action items or corrective actions. I enjoyed spending time with the rig hands and getting to know them at a personal level. Building relationships that help build a safety culture that functioned even when I was not there to monitor their behaviors. Holding safety meetings and getting input from them about their concerns and what I could do to address them. Working closely with Rig Managers and supporting them in areas that were outside my scope of responsibility (as far as my manager was concerned). Most all the rig hands shared my passion for working safely and helped to identify and eliminate those who refused to get with the program when given the opportunity. The biggest problem was there was too much to do and not enough time to get it done. It was difficult to be where you were needed all the time and you had to make some hard choices. Worst of all was without notice I was terminated without being able to thank all the employees who were responsible for my success as a Safety Professional and how much I appreciated their support every time I visited their rigs.
Pros
Lots of freedom to develop a work style that makes a positive impact.
Cons
They play favorates and have a big problem with double standards.
Good place to work in a great environment
Drafter / Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2015
A good company to work with. Every body is friendly and a great environment to work at. They give good bonus every year. Just show up on time to work, and you can learn from the top experience people with good knowledge of the oil and gas field.
productive hard work
floor hand (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 5, 2015
i have worked for precision drilling as a floor hand.
it was hard work 12-13 hour non stop shifts and 2 weeks on 2weeks off. i loved it! if you can land a job with them stick with it and move up.
Pros
good payout, awsome benefits
Cons
work depends on gas prices
Good pay/ offtime
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 11, 2015
Competitive pay, good offtime. Very safety oriented.
Management lacked sufficient knowledge of rig.
Coworkers were easy to work with
Awesome place to work ,great technology, great people...
Floorhand/Motorhand/Derrickhand (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 8, 2015
Started my oilfield career with Precision Drilling and advanced fast. Due to great programs offered, great people to teach you the ropes to improve yourself...
Pros
great people to work with and awesome new rigs, technology
Productive, and a fun place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at Precision Drilling. The warehouse was very safe, clean to work in and we worked as a team. The pay was great along with the benefits..
Pros
Great place to work and the pay was great
Cons
None at this time
professional
Floor Hand/Motor Hand (Former Employee) –  williston ndOctober 9, 2015
good company.am willing to go back to work at precision drilling if the opportunity is ever available.advancement opportunities are available
Goal oriented company and fun place to work at.
Engineering & Major Capital Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 3, 2015
Awesome/motivational coworkers. Manager was very flexible and a pleasure to work with. Enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Gym to workout
Cons
Work place was a parking lot
Derrickman (Current Employee) –  Alice, TXOctober 2, 2015
I was a car salesman and within the month I beat the rest of the sales team in sales and sold my first new vehicle within the first week after successfully passed the training program.
Pros
got to drive a variety of cars
Cons
didnt pay weekly