PRECISION DRILLING

PRECISION DRILLING Employer Reviews

rig manager
Rig Manager (Former Employee), texas, usaMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good work environement
Oversaw the daily operations of a drilling rig & drill crews. Managed maintenance of equipment, oversaw all personnel on rig, managed safety meeting, processed many safety and daily reports
Highly technical company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2015
Precision Drilling provided a step up in my career in regards to new technology within the industry. My transition from the offshore drilling industry to the land drilling industry was supported by my co workers.
precision drilling
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Very demanding ,but great job it was awesome job with good paid. always moving fast pace learn a great deal. High energy job on your feet all the time
Was so close to home
Directional Quality Control / Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Oak Ridge North, TXFebruary 11, 2015
This job was about a mile from my house, which made the on call 24/7 schedule easy to handle. Everyone in the shop was a very tight group.
stable company
derrick man (Former Employee), Alice, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: medical benefits and pay
Cons: managment
longest job ive ever had
14/14 shift
management needs to work on people skills
cliques even at age 40
safety is not a high priority
medical benefits and insurance coverage were the best ive seen, though
good place to work and a good place to make money
Motorman (Former Employee), Williston, NDJanuary 31, 2015
I think precision is a great place for you to get your name out there. They have a lot of ways to move up in the company as long as it lasts.
Bad management
floorhand (Current Employee), williamsport, paJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
Tried to learn new things with company its like your not allowed to not know whats going on. Great pay, no breaks, bad leadership, and disrespectful
working for precision
Derrick hand (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: working in hazardous conditions
hold pre tour safety meetings daily, make relief understand job tasks going on at the time of relief, learned working for precision that they thrive on safety,had good management,co workers were always ready to lend a helping hand at a moments notice,hardest part was taking a gas kick because it is extemely dangerous,most enjoyable was learning new things about the drilling process.
The workplace was dangerouse being around heavy and moving equipment.
Roughneck (Former Employee), Weatherford, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: two weeks off straight
Cons: work four weeks straight
I enjoyed the work because it kept me in shape and made me respect the money I earned because I worked hard for it.
Very productive, also very dangerous
Motor Man (Former Employee), Pecos, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: if you worked holidays they would cater with holiday spirit
Cons: having to live with 4 different men, not very much privacy.
It all depends on where we were at in the well, whether we were drilling, tripping pipe, or running casing. If we were drilling we were able to get more stuff done, tripping pipe was fun but dangerous you don't have too much time to eat or really even drink water depending on the driller, same with running casing. The management depended on the manager, some are real strict or not strict at all, which can cause confusion at times. The co-workers were nice for the most part. The hardest part of the job was being away from home for 2 weeks out of the month, and having to live with 4 other men from different parts of the country, not only on the clock but off the clock as well. That can get pretty stressful at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn and experience how different people can work together as one.
Dead end job unless you have a silver tongue
Derrickhand (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: they give you a bed to sleep in
Cons: long list
Management really sucks, all you are is an expendable number. Just as quickly replaced as you're hired. The only way you move up is if you kiss the brown eye with the higher up guys, doesn't matter how hard you work or how much you know. The pay is pretty good but that's the only perk. Half the company is Canadian, and if you're Canadian you'll make a substantially greater amount of money than Americans. PD doesn't care if you do drugs or show up for work completely drunk. You're just a number
Precision Drilling
HCM - Success Factors Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: in houston
I manage Success Factors database as well as major programs, which includes Educaiton Assitance, Reimbursement Program and the Leadership Development Program. This position is valuable to adding knowledge and skills to my database core. The culture is positive and major room for growth.
good rigs,and managment
Floor hand, Motor hand, Derrick hand (Former Employee), tioga north dakotaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: very nice iron
Cons: nothing
depending on the daily activites, learned the different training that a canadian outfit has to offer rather than a us company, managment was great very involved, co workers become more of a family rather than a co-worker
Nice pay/benfits, excellent equipment
coil operator (Former Employee), PANovember 14, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: job security
Great job, but they instantly laid off the entire yard without hesitation. Zero job security.
Time away but great company
Floorhand (Current Employee), Wolf Summit, WVNovember 11, 2014
Company is great. Time away is not something I like anymore.
Very Employee Focused Corporate Culture
HRIS Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2014
There is always something happening to help get everyone moving and getting to know each other. A time to get a away from your desk and re-invigorate the senses.
Has been a good place to work and provide for my family.
Operator (Current Employee), Trout Run, PANovember 5, 2014
Pros: four weeks on two weeks off
Cons: none to mention
I enjoy coil tubing operations. I find the work interesting and try to learn new things each day. I have enjoyed working with the crews that I have been with and the schedule with days off was quite nice.
It was alright
Driller (Former Employee), Williston, NDSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: paid very well
Cons: -50 degree weather
Knowledge of rig operation and mechanical skills. Advanced knowledge of safety procedures, drilling
structure, and production components. Monitor employee performance and progress. Enforce
management rules and guidelines for more productivity. Maintain safety reports, IADC reports, and
inspections. Responsible for safe operation of rig equipment and assignment of crew member responsibilities.
Communicate consistently with rig management, third party personel, and crew members. Good
knowledge of leadership skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Derrick Hand (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAAugust 22, 2014
Nice company to work with. Very busy atmosphere. Get along well with my co-workers the weather sometimes is harsh but manageable.
ex motorman ,floorhand
Floors.Motors (Former Employee), Williston, NDAugust 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: managment
good pay and benefits 14 on and 14 off to much inexperience in management always doing things the hard way

1 2 3