This is a position with the responsibility for providing engineering drafting support and other
related documentation. The primary role includes hands on drafting support (2-D & 3-D),
coordinating drafting task priorities with drafting lead, training others in CAD usage/procedures,
and coordinating with project managers on drafting task due dates, priorities, and level of
drawing package detail needed on a particular project. Key areas of accountability include,
managing budgeted hours and scheduled due dates, accurate drawing output, drafting task
management, training, and drafting standards implementation.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in Computer Aided Drafting.
- 3-5 years experience in mechanical drafting.
- Good working knowledge of dimensioning and geometric tolerances.
- Strong organization and self-motivation skills are required.
- Positive minded and eager to support a professional work environment through
- honesty, integrity, efficiency, thoroughness, and very good interpersonal
- communication skills.
- Willingness to adhere to the AST quality plan requirements.
- Familiarity with machining and assembly processes.
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a
- regular basis.
- Willing to put in extra effort and hours as needed.
- Competent with computer software such as, AutoCAD, Solid Modeling, Microsoft
- office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project).