Precision MicroFab is seeking an energetic and hands-on engineer to support their operations fabricating microscopic parts and devices. The engineer will be knowledgeable in laser-material interaction and laser system technology. The engineer will apply their art and skill to fabricate amazingly cool microscopic parts devices for the life sciences, medical device, space exploration and telecom sectors.
Founded in 2002, Precision MicroFab is a small, but expanding company in Severna Park, MD. We’re currently working on the James Webb Space Telescope and a laser system that creates artificial cancer tumors for medical research, plus many other remarkable projects.
Our clients range from rocket scientists to brain surgeons. We are ITAR registered and ISO 9001 & 13485 certified.
The ideal candidate will have interest and/or experience in any or all of the following:
- Lasers, laser optics and laser-material interactions.
- Generating CNC G-code for motion control and robotics.
- Engineering the machinery to fabricate devices for space exploration, medical device or fiber optic industries.
- Working with other laser micro-machinists on the team.
- Laser micro-machining system design, construction and service.
- Ability and enthusiasm to get projects done on time.
- Hands-on, real-life, problem solving and engineering for fun and profit.
The candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree in Physics, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Material Sciences.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
No relocation provided. Must be able to interview in person at our current Severna Park, MD facility. In 2014, we are expanding to a new state of the art facility in Curtis Bay, MD, that includes a 1000 sq.ft. cleanroom.
Unsolicited resumes from recruiters will not be considered.
Must be a drug free U.S. Citizen. This position can be contract or fulltime salaried with a bonus program. Hours and compensation are flexible.