Precision Opinion

Precision Opinion Employer Reviews

CALL CENTERS
associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVFebruary 20, 2014
Never again will I sit behind a desk for long hours on dirty phones. This job I was thankful to have to get me thru the hard times but also thankful to let go of this job. I learned a lot about the CDC tho.
ENJOYED BEING PART OF THE TEAM!
Sales and Market Research Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2014
over all a good life experience .Excelled rapidly and surpassed all expectations
You Feel Important
Research Assoc / Medical Data Entry (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: you feel important, gathering research.
Cons: no healthcare or benefits.
Kept households within the states and overseas calm, answering any questions regarding H1N1/ Pan Flu during outbreak. This job can be a 6 or 7 day work week, gathering all the information possible, as accurately as possible, and it makes you FEEL IMPORTANT!
a nice place to work
MARKET RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2014
i like my co workers doing sales tech support i learned how to be a team leader
emloyees are great, easy going job
survey conductor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: easy job, great staff, get paid wekly.
Cons: short breaks, no morning schedules provided permanently. low pay, no medical benefits
A typical day at work consists of working on the phones conducting surveys inbound and outbound calls all through the shift.
what I have learned is you always have to be courteous and professional on the phones no matter how the respondent responds to our calls. Accept any changes witin the company whether is employee schedule or change of work load.
The – more... hardest part of the job is gaining cooperation to conduct study.
The most enjoyable part of this job is completing the task we are told to do and receive a good status report of our work and gift cards. – less
OVER THE PHONE SURVEYS
Research Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2013
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: sitting for numerous hours
researching opinions and getting feedback on current affairs. Nice people working hard for company. get paid weekly.
Quota Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2013
Good place to work, friendly management and great training.
Productive but not exciting, very dull atmosphere
Research Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2013
Cons: no paid breaks
Boring, did not have fun on the job because it was taken too seriously.
Not a prime pick
Market Research Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: pays weekly
Cons: sitting down most of the day, no guaranteed hours, bad staff, small checks.
Typical day is sitting in front of a computer calling people and trying to keep them on the phone to conduct long surveys, they pay minimum wedge but hey, it's a check. If you plan on being there for more than a month, good luck, staff is confused on scheduling and raises.
productive and a great working atmosphere
Research Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2013
Pros: get paid weekly, get candy or rewards for doing good on a survey
Cons: short breaks sometimes a month with no days off
A typical day at work includes calling people and collecting research. I have learned great customer service and communication skills. Management is great very understanding and helpful. Very diverse working area all different kinds of cultures and personalities. The hardest part of the day getting people to get through a 20 minute survey without hanging – more... up and the most enjoyable part of the day would probably be completing the survey goal as a team at the end of the day. – less
intense workplace high production
Marketing Research Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2013
Pros: excellent work experience
Cons: awards for accomplishments
On a typical day I would log into the system and immediately start to conduct surveys,
I learned that there are a lot of children who do not get vaccinations for many reasons. I also learned that most Americans do not like taking home surveys.
The management team worked diligently to make sure we conduct our surveys without going off the script, by – more... monitoring all calls
The hardest part of the job was getting hung up on by uninterested individuals.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting and individual's interest in the survey and completing it. – less
Great last resort, if you'll take any job spend time here!
Research Associate (Current Employee), 101 Convention Center (SDX) Stops on frontJuly 7, 2013
Pros: working inside, advance monthly bus tickets, payed in two checks
Cons: short breaks, rarely 40 hours. schedule changes
Call center work is rough. The only good thing here is it's not telemarketing. Hours are not very reliable. Figure on 20-35 hours. Slightly more if top producer. Monitored every call. Co-workers are of a big a variety as can be imagined.

A good place for those who have less then stellar arrest, work, or driving records.

Hardest part of job is have – more... people continually hanging up or not answering phone. Increasing calling of cell phones is making it much worse.

Generally, if you come to work, don't break the rules(cell use), and do your best you rarely get fired. But break the rules and away you go.

Worked there 1 year

Upper Management Good especially downstairs in NIS Survey – less
Do not work at this sweat shop!
Interviewer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaMay 19, 2013
Pros: quick hiring
Cons: short breaks, sweatshop, no benefits, unprofessional
This place is like working in one of those Chinese sweatshops you see on the news. The furniture is cheap and everything that can be seen from the outside is all for looks inside the call center is beyond ghetto and cheap... No matching chairs, the cubicles are literally made out of wood that isn't even painted, no air-conditioning, no real lunch breaks, – more... no schedule for work. Completely unprofessional. And no benefits when you're required to work like a slave for this company. I regret wasting my time there for the small amount of money they pay you to work so hard for them. I will never recommend anyone to work there even if they're desperate for money. Absolutely no.. All of the employees including management are unprofessional and not cleanly or dressed proper no clothing rules are enforced. – less
poor company to work for
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2013
the mangement is bad and have bad atitude THE ENVIRONMENT IS FILTHY WITH BED BUGS AND DRAMA FILLED. THEY SHORT YOU ON PAYCHECKS AND DONT WANT TO GIVE RAISES WHEN THEY ARE DUE
Hopefully not the new normal
Convince people to take surveys over the phone (Former Employee), Las VegasMay 4, 2013
Pros: temporary job
Cons: no schedule, minimum wage, no reason to stay
Sweatshop. $8.25 an hour. My review of Precision Opinion, Las Vegas.

Looking for a job in Las Vegas ?

SCHEDULE can change daily, do not make any plans. The hours are from 10 am to maybe midnight. When I first started, I asked them if there was a schedule, the only thing they would say is that the hours were from 10am to 9pm. No one would give me an – more... answer...later I found out it's because they do not have any set schedules. They will change your schedule for the next/week day, even a few minutes before you clock out. They have a point system, 2 points if you are a no show and no call in. You are allowed 4 points every 30 days (That's what they say). They will also change your schedule the same day you show up for work. If you have children this is not the place for you, unless you have free childcare. At minimum wage you won't be able to afford childcare. Some days they will schedule you for 7 hours and 45 minutes. No lunch breaks, two 15 minute breaks. Which doesn't matter because you can't afford food. There are no guaranteed hours, most of the time you will be scheduled for around 26 hours. You could be scheduled for 7+ days in a row, shifts are not 8 hour shifts. You may get 5 hour shifts, no over time if you work less than 40 hours per week, but at $8.25 an hour is it worth it? It would be rare that you would work overtime any single day. I have heard of people working up to 20 - 30+ days without a day off. Depending on which survey department you are working in, you may have to clock out to go to the bathroom, because they don't pay you to p*e. Even if I was retired and looking for something to do I don't think I could handle this scheduling issue.

THE WORK involved can be very boring, minutes can feel like hours. Sometimes I want to stab myself with a pen in the eye to make sure I am still among the living. You're force fed phone calls on an automatic phone system, some of the surveys can go on for 20-30+ minutes. It was interesting for about 15 minutes on the job. The one good thing is that as soon as you mention "survey" on the phone people hang up, you do not get any extra commission for getting surveys ( I guess you get to keep your job if you do get surveys ). You can't read at your desk, doodle at your desk, talk to the person next to you. It's like that movie Brazil. Sometimes to make it interesting I'll turn my keyboard upside down to type in the call codes and survey responses.

THERE ARE NO REASONS TO STAY WITH THIS COMPANY. They do not offer any vacation time. THERE ARE NO BENEFITS at all at this company. None ZERO the big 0. Not even a token medical program. They say there is a 25 cent raise after 90 days. If you manage to get 40 hours a week that's 10 dollars per week, but you still get to work 7 days a week. Very inspiring. If you are late from your break, or late for one day ...... you'll have to fight for that whole, really big whopping enormous pitiful 25 cents. How does that make you feel?

I realize the owner(s) of this company, James Medick, maybe others, has his (their) own goals. I am only here for the short term. This would be a good job for a college kid for the summer on break. Maybe someone who is retired and needs something to do and can deal with the sh***ty schedule games. I seem to remember something on the news about them. Are they getting paid by the state every time they hire somebody? It seems like they are taking advantage of the economy. I was told that it takes 14-15 hours to get one survey for the CDC, they are paying $8.25 an hour to their employees, i'm not sure of the number of employees, maybe 30-50 working on the National Immunization Survey?. How much are they getting paid from the Centers for Disease Control? The math is yours to do.

The people here are really nice to work with. I just think that many of them are in a situation that leaves them with no other choice. A few sketchy people. I don't think they do background checks. So if you are just getting out of prison and need a job this would be a good place to start.

So....if you really need a job for the short term. This is the place. They are actually very nice. Just do me a favor. You can not maintain your life here. YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS! – less
cheap vending machines that take your money, nice tv's to watch news
surveyor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2013
Pros: cheap vending machiene prices
Cons: no benefits, no sicktime.
a typical day a work has a 15 minute break, for anything under 8 hours, hours arent steady, yu might get 20 hours one week and 40 the next. you learn great phone ettiquette and convincing skills, but yu have to be great at it or go home. this job isnt for everyone.
Basic Entry-Level Job
Research Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2013
Precision Opinion is a good entry-level job. The management has a problem with favoritism and the employees, including management is underpaid for the work that we do. They have made minor improvements here and there which work in our favor, but they need to work on their structure and communication, company wide.
Easy Job, Sit Down, Nice Co Workers.
Professional Phone Interviewer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2013
Pros: sitting down for entire shift. great for disabled people
Cons: no incentives or bonuses, have to fight to even get a 25 cent raise after 4 months or more of being employed there
Sit In Front Of Computer Entire Shift and Try To Find Elible Households To Conduct Surveys. Co workers and Most of the Supervisors are Nice. Minimum Wage. No Bonuses No Benefits and No vacation or Holiday Pay. Work 6 days per week and Still not get 40 hours.

chunkumz – April 11, 2013

what was your hours like could you picked them or did you have to wrk from 1 to 9

Everyday is a challenge
Project Manager Client Services (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2013
Pros: nice offices, professional environment, it will help you learn about the world of market research
Cons: no healthcare, no annual employee reviews (you have to ask for a raise), bad management
It's always a very busy environment. A lot of deadlines and projects. You always need to be flexible as work hours can vary between 8-15 hour days. You are always on call.
good benefits, plenty of overtime
Telephonic interviewer (Former Employee), las vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: advancement
125 to 150 calls per day, good & knowledgeable co-workers & staff, training every 90 days

Precision Opinion Photos