Precision Pipeline Solutions

Precision Pipeline Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

decent job
field technician (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 16, 2016
you learn multiple things which is nice. all new construction so if you like being outside for multiple hours at a time this is the job for you. co workers are kind of rude and they really dont help you much in the field. no set time to get out of work.
It's an old mans club
Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYFebruary 12, 2016
Not a great place to work by any means, they'll promise you the world and you'll show up and be given no direction, no help, and no constructive criticism. Worst mistake I made was turning down other offers to take this one, pay sounded good initially, hired me for certain hours, showed up 1 day later to find out hours had completely changed and I was never notified. They spend more time worrying where people park in the parking lot then improving their management.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrible managment
Excellent job to get started in the Utility Field
Field Technician/Installer/Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYOctober 15, 2015
Working for PPS was a pleasure. Each you were given a new route and place to work. Every day was different and had its own troubles to conquer. The job keep your busy and motivated to accomplish more. I learned the entire basics of meter reading and installing amr upgrades. I learned the basics of natural gas and how to handle and be around it. Throughout the day I watched for maintenance issues and reported them I reported utility theft. I did new customer turn ons and service shutoffs. I submitted monthly billing information for billing.
The management was organized and efficient and made sure you had whatever you needed, whenever you needed it. They were always willing to help you out, correct you if needed and teach you new ways and techniques. The co-workers were fun to be around and work with. There was a common goal and all were set out to achieve it. The hardest part of the job would be getting in to peoples homes to get an actually reading. The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing goals and being able to problem solve.
Strict about saftey, otherwise very unprofessional
A.M.R. Installer/Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 26, 2015
The team leads weren't very enthusiastic, just kind of went through the motions. Very inconsistent with work equipment, Never could expect the same work vehicle or processor.
Pros
fellow workers were easy going.
Cons
Not very accomodating to workers needs
Most unprofessional Company I have ever worked for
Meter Reader/ERT TECH (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: got paid
Cons: too many to list.....let me start with if you need job & can work in ANY weather condition & know this is not a career (as much as they tell you it is) then more power to you! UNPROFESSIONAL management, micromanaging, rules change daily (if it was a rule last week, they probably forgot about that rule Monday morning),staff lies about everything, job security there is NONE, if you are told they have a contract that ends in a year or 2 expect to be laid off or fired 9 months before that happens....what a JOKE!
Eh
Contractor for National Grid (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Not a secure job because of contracts and there is almost no advancement. Want you to work in down pours and all sorts of terrible weather but doesn't supply you with clothing to do so.
Productive workplace
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Rockville MDDecember 12, 2014
Seven to three job with possible OT. Small work group and productive days. The job is what you make it, honestly. Weather dictates hours
productive but unorganized
Natural Gas Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2014
As a construction field they have decent training n field work. but we have no relief crews we have worked full 24 hours at a time with out a 8 hour relief period, also does not pay on the scale of job titles.
Pros
advancement
Cons
no breaks, relief crews, disregards certain work laws, no scheduled off time
This place sucks
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Long Island NYJune 30, 2014
Everyone wants to be a boss and tell people what to do they say their getting anther contract with national grid but there not everybody is going to get laid off on Long Island people are trying make this a career but it's not happening beware this job is not going to last long
Pros
sucks
Cons
sucks
Natural Gas Instalation
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Newfield, NYJune 23, 2014
A typical day at PPS would consist of digging a trench(without hitting any underground pipes or lines) and fusing pipe together to make the "main" and then instal services to houses off of that.
Pros
great group of guys that know there stuff.
fun work environment
Meter reader/ National Grid consultant (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJune 16, 2014
my job was to travel to designated areas of long island and retrieve gas meter reading for national grid. I learned customer interaction and develped high level people skills. I had good co-workers but the job is very mismanaged and they fail to prioritize work output. Hardest part of the job working at a steady pace but the most enjoyable part was the overall freedom to do your job without being supervised
Pros
free transportation and gas
Great Place To Work
meter reader (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMarch 31, 2014
I love working at PPS. The people are awesome! I was paid for orientation and training, and was given tools, uniforms, and protective equipment. Basically everything I need for the job. The only people who complain about PPS are the ones who expect a paycheck for doing nothing! If you work hard, you are recognized and rewarded! Great benefits - medical, dental, paid holidays, 401k, etc. They are really big on safety. There are safety tailboards every morning with tips on how to stay safe and be aware of your surroundings. Overall great experience with this company!
Excellent place to work!
Stray Voltage Tech. (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMarch 31, 2014
PPS is a great place to work! Keep in mind, the job takes place outdoors so if you don't like being outside, don't bother. Me, I love it! Every day is different and you get to see and experience of kind of things. It's never boring. Management is great and if you do your job, don't complain, and perform, they leave you alone but they still make you feel like you're part of the team. The pay is good and yes, if it rains you can't work but they always try to make up for it in overtime if they can. Complete benefits including dental and 401k. In Stray we have to use our own vehicle (they tell you up front so I don't know what that other reviewer was talking about) and they compensate you for mileage. The mileage includes maintenance and not just gas. If you do the math, you'll see that they actually give you more money than you need for gas. They also give you $100 a year for safety boots (great deal!) and have incentive programs just for working safe. They like to hire and promote from within so I like the feeling that I'm not stuck in one place. Your job is what you make of it. Do your job well and they'll reward you. Overall it's a great company. I love my job!
Pros
get to work independently, work outdoors, good pay, holiday pay and vacation time, benefits, free boots
Cons
in some work you have to use your own car
Great Job Culture!
meter reader (Current Employee) –  long islandMarch 31, 2014
Young and energetic work environment! I have read the previous reviews and would largely disagree with them. Yes-you are expected to work and you are rewarded for that.

I have seen at least 200 new people hired in a year and the opportunity at PPS is considerable. If you have a good head on your shoulders and work hard-you will have a lot of opportunity. Pay is average, but the ability to move within company makes up for that.
Pros
growing company
not the best place to work, resume builder not a career....
ex employee (Former Employee) –  ctMarch 12, 2014
You are warned!!!

Be prepared to use your own personal car, which they dont tell you about when hired. They pay a certain pay rate on gas compensation after 40 miles!....your car will take a beating they will send you to different work areas across the state!....no maintenance is payed for your vehicle etc. If your car breaks down from all the abuse its pretty simple no car = no work which will lead to termination.

Be prepared to not receive 40hrs a week. Everytime it snows or rains/drizzles work is cancelled and is unpaid! Barely can maintain 25hrs a week. Health insurance is to expensive. Essentially your working almost for free after all the expenses such as vehicle maintenance tires/brakes/suspension/oil changes etc

Good luck you have been warned!
Pros
resume builder
Cons
read review....
Contractor position for Central Hudson
Pole Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Be ready to face the crazy weather and keep moving. Pay is decent but if there is heavy rain for days, you won't be working or getting paid.
Office work
Office (Former Employee) –  New Windsor NYJanuary 11, 2014
Good growing company however, the people at the job was another story, employees are made supervisor in the office with no high school or any type of supervisory experience, racial slurs are ignored and sweep under the Rug, no guidance and company is manage poorly, employees need training and some type of qualification perhaps GED diploma required for management level position, poor pay.
Pros
non stress
Cons
the stress from the people who worked there with short comings but not from the job itself.
horrible place dont work here
Flame Ionization Technician (Former Employee) –  waterbury ctJuly 31, 2013
I like my co workers they were very cool. but management wasn't never fair.
Pros
free breaks free phones and tablets and company trucks
Cons
pay, mangement, raise, advancement, racism
As a Sub Contractor, we don't have much contact with our actual company.
Energy Services Contractor (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 24, 2013
Review natural gas cases and rule services. It gets a little boring.

Learned how to use some of the programs and learned about natural gas and how it is applied.

Management just lets us do our work.

Some of the people i have worked with over my time here are good.

The hardest part of the job is staying awake.

The most enjoyable part of the job is sometimes when we get to solve an actual problem with a ruling or service line.
Pros
we used to get reimbursed for mileage and tolls.
Cons
they took the reimbursement away.
Productive, Energetic, Fast paced
Senior Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMay 6, 2013
Productive, Energetic, A growing company in the utility field, day to day operations included, meter change outs. leak response, interaction with customers in the greater New York areas,must be able to work with team members . troubleshooting skills a must
Pros
growing industry
Cons
more support to workers

2.8