Precision Resource Employee Reviews in United States

Stressful atmosphere. Little opportunity for advancement,
Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMay 16, 2016
Atmosphere was stressful. A lot of pettiness and drama among the employees. Enjoyed training new employees on various machines. Working twelve hour days without a day off was difficult.
Pros
Good pay and good benefits.
Cons
Long hours without days off and no advancement opportunity
Overall a pleasant Experience.
Sen. Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2016
The Co-workers were pleasant, learned new Electrical cable and Circuit Management System.

The Working Environment was enjoyable.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMarch 19, 2016
Very exciting place to work especially if you like new product launches as an engineer. Negatives are very long hours and weekend work is expected for pretty low pay. Loved the work. Hated the long hours, weekends and low pay.

If not for the extremely long hours and low pay I would probably still be there. 80+ hour work week is very common.
Pros
Great work and exciting changes. Great benefits package
Cons
Hours and pay
Contract work at a local utility company
Contract Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day consists of assisting the Lab staff of whatever they need, ordering lab and office supplies. Update and maintain office, break room and janitorial supplies. Order chemicals and lab instruments. Process work orders, pay invoices, track and reconcile expenses, timekeeper, track staff vacations. Update, copy, maintain corporate records. Answer phones, greet visitors and vendors. Search internet for best prices for chemicals and supplies. Create spreadsheets. Maintain database for office purchases.

I like that it's a small and casual office. A difficult part of my job is understanding, pronouncing and ordering some of the chemicals and instruments. Another difficult part of my job is learning the lingo the company uses regarding invoicing, the software or using Mainframe to enter the staff's time.
Pros
Laid back office
Cons
My 20 minute drive to the plant, one way.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMay 10, 2015
work long hours with a decent pay after time. if being hired through a temp service dont look forward to full time, i did for 2 years. continuous repetitive work that is easy but management is very absent on production.
Pros
easy work
Cons
management, long hours
Very good leadership
Jr. I&C Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2015
Leadership was excellent but the hands were less than knowledgeable. Only about 1/3 of the workers could communicate their job and perform properly.
Good Hours, Good Benefits, Convenient Location
PT Buyer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 7, 2015
I was busy from the time I clocked in until I clocked out. I learned about many aspects of the Fineblanking industry due to the special projects assigned to me from the productions managers.

There wasn't any part of my job that was hard but sometimes fitting my work into the 30 hour work week was a bit challenging.

I enjoyed my co-workers because we worked well together.
Pros
rich healthcare package
Cons
upper management sometimes micro managed the departments
This job was emotionally hard...
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 25, 2014
Precision resource seemed like a good company to be a part of for the first year I was there then was downhill after that.
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
environment and co-workers
hard place to work with poor leader ship
Tool Maker (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2014
unpredicable work environment and security camera everywhere
Pros
are yearly bonus
Cons
bonus got smaller every year
Productive and upbeat workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 23, 2013
It was a good company to be employed for, definitely would have enjoyed staying there longer.
Productive Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYJuly 31, 2013
Go in at 5 in morning,,setup, run machine until break time. Great management and great co-workers.
Pros
fun fast paced job/ alot of overtime
Cons
temp agency before you get hired full time
Day
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2013
*Heavy data entry and running reports for management on a daily basis using Access
Pros
great advice during assignment
Cons
no future assignments
Good Company, Treats its Employees Well
Tool & Die Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 19, 2013
This is a good company to work for as they treat all the employees very well. It is a new facility and they are always cleaning and maintaining it. They have invested millions of dollars in the facility over the past three years, new equipment, lighting, security, etc. They are constantly trying to figure out how to do things better and easier and include employees in the input. They pay well and offer excellent benefits. The supervisors are very easy to work with and provide you with help when you ask.
Pros
good, stable company. investing for the future.
Good company that treats workers fairly, good benefits and working conditions
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 19, 2013
This is a very nice facility, well lit, clean, heated and cooled. They fix things when they are broken and will order you items you need for your job. They provide uniform shirts for free. They provide most of the safety equipment, eye glasses, ear plugs, gloves, etc. They also reimburse partially for prescription glasses and steel-toed boots. The pay is good and the company pays the majority of the medical and dental insurance even for family. They pay 100% of life/STD/LTD insurance. The have a 401K plan with match and profit sharing. The company is always doing training and has periodic meetings to keep the employees informed.
Pros
good company, cares about its employees, good beneifts
Good, Safe, Clean Company
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 9, 2013
Out of the few companies I have worked for in the area, this by far is the most employee friendly, flexible, clean and safe place I have worked in the past 14 years. Co-workers are friendly and helpful but will have bad days just like anyone or anywhere else you work. The company is growing which does require more hours but that is better than being unemployed. It will balance out eventually. The company has full benefits and pays for a large percentage of the insurance compared to other manufacturing companies in the area. The building is kept very clean, heated and cooled and is very well lit. They also provide uniform shirts at no cost. They have quarterly meetings to keep employees informed of the Company as well as weekly department meetings.
Pros
clean, safe, friendly, flexible, good benefits
Down Hill Fast
Spectator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling KYJanuary 1, 2013
This is the most ill managed company I've ever had the displeasure of enduring! Scheduling is an absolute joke and completely unfair. Most employees are expected to work 60-80 hours a week, leaving almost no time for their families or hobbies. They pay is good, but the overall quality of life...not so much! Over the last year or so they have lost some very dedicated, extremely talented, and very hard working employees because of it! Part of the problem is that most of management is less skilled/educated than the individuals they hire! Most of them attaining the position only because of who they know, not what they know! Advancement is not a possibility, they will only repeatedly offer you a different title with no pay raise, yet more responsibility, which I find offensive to say the least! To some of us our work is not just work; it's our passion, and we take pride in it and the company we work for, our coworkers become like family, and while we would never willingly leave, we're forced to seek other employment opportunities because management is selfish and uncompromising! They want to keep their employees in the same position regardless of their abilities to progress, or requests to be advanced, or moved! In my opinion a company that cares more about numbers, and deadlines, and less about quality and the people that work for them will in turn, never advance themselves!!!
Pros
overtime
Cons
poor quality family life
PRKY (Precision Resource Kentucky Division)
Observer (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling Ky.December 28, 2012
The Kentucky division is suffering loss after loss. There appears to be an obvious attempt to force everyone smarter or more talented than them (management) here to leave. That is unfortunate, because it seems that EVERYONE is smarter and more capable. Certain individuals within management look to be protected behind a seemingly impenetrable wall of nepotism and they give the impression that they have no regard for the talented people that have left in recent years. This is demonstrated, recently, from the talent that they have been bleeding out in just the past few months. Success here is an illusion that, for now, they have fooled others into believing.
Pros
not many
Cons
leadership "style"
Company was a good place to work at with many challenges.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 24, 2012
There would be a meeting at the begining of the 2nd shift with the 1st shift inspectors. We would discuss what was running on the machines and issues that there was during the day.

If there were issues from the previous day, rejected parts, or other issues I would discuss the issues with the Quality Process Managers. I would be given feedback as what is happening with the parts and how to better inspect for acceptance or rejection.

Working with the other inspectors was really good. We worked as a team. But there seemed to be little teamwork with the production department.

The company was as a whole a pleasant but challanging place to work.