Precision Time

Precision Time Employer Reviews

Productive and a great learning experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Riverview, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work was looking over the merchandise, observing repairs, writing tickets to make repairs, and general customer service.

I learned the dialog for retail and how to sound confident and easy to talk to with customers concerning the merchandise in store and how we could better help them.

Management was organized and had well rounded knowledge of their craft.

My co-workers were helpful and easy to get a long with.

The most difficult part of the job was learning all of the merchandise and being able to explain to customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming more successful with sales and overall service.
Fun and interesting
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Selling and fixing watches doesnt sound fun but when you start to learn how everything works such as the stem and crown it becomes pretty fun
It was a good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2015
Providing excellent customer service, while assisting customers with their time piece needs. Consistently a top sales associate. Using my proven retail sales skills. Cash handling, Inventory control, shipping and receiving, watch repairs, document management, and scheduling. Managed to 6-8 employees at any given time. Meeting and exceeding sales quotas consistently.
Precision Time has provided all necessary tools to develop and grow our company nation wide.
District Manager (Current Employee), Sandy, UTJanuary 22, 2015
Implementing our company core values, mission statement and our 3 essentials of selling and sharing this with our team on a daily basis to ensure every guest was well treated as we grew our business. I enjoy being with the team side by side and leading by the front as we shared excitement selling and finding opportunities to move forward beating sales plan daily within our respective stores.

Teaching, coaching and continuous positive follow up with all my stores creates self awareness of our #1 priority (beating sales and profit plans) each day.
Responsible for a productive team
General Manager (Former Employee), Meriden, CTJanuary 21, 2015
maintained a facility with multiple employees for years. I was responsible for certifying employees and making sure they perform excellent repairs for our clients. I enjoyed teaching and guiding people to perform well
Alright place to work, poor management.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Puyallup, WANovember 23, 2014
Pros: discounts on watch services.
Cons: poor management.
At a typical day at work i would try to sell watch services or watches and provide customer service for the South Hill Mall. I better learned how to provide customer service. I believe the management was hypocritical in their actions and was not very efficient in their training. I enjoyed the working with the co-workers. The hardest part of my job was meeting quota due to unfavorable work shifts. the best part of the job was the discounts on watch services.
parks restoration
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: set work schedule
Cons: working in extremely cold weather threw rain snow sleet and hail
gardening, tree pruning, gardening
classes on trees leaves and fruit
edging and cutting down damaged trees
i like the job
watch repair and sales (Former Employee), sandyOctober 27, 2014
i love this job but i am not getting even close to enough hours to be able to live off of
Easy going watch kiosk
Sales man (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: wifi, discounts
Cons: hours, managment, prices
Very over priced and low quality watches and poor management due too attitude and ways he treats me. I've learned a lot about customer service, pitch, and retail. Co workers are almost just as bad as management talking about drug use and rudely hitting on customers. hardest part of the job is pulling customers in on slow days. Racking in sales on a good day makes me feel very good.
Fun in the beginning ended horribly
Sales Associate (Former Employee), El cajon, CAJuly 15, 2014
I worked at precision time for about 6 months. I learned alot about something i had no interest in, until the interest in watches finally hit me. The job became more enjoyable. A new manager came about and was constantly breathing down my neck, i was later terminated due to my shoes..
If you want a building to stay erect, there must be a solid structure.
Unknown (Former Employee), UnknownJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free range to make your store your own
Cons: terrible management of the company
This company has a heart unlike larger companies, but it is ran by people who are uneducated and inexperienced. They lack the structure that companies need to survive. Each individual location has to implement their own protocols and structure. The problem is that they do not hire in the right people, and if they do hire the right people they do not train them appropriately. As an employee you are not given the tools to survive, you must create your own tools. If you are not highly intelligent and highly motivated you will not do well as a manager here.
very fun and so much help
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 9, 2013
great place to work part time and going to college, doesnt pay much but comission is good.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2013
Pros: hourly pay plus commission
Cons: no overtime
Small kiosk in the center of the mall. I opened and closed, fix displays, sell and repair watches. Work was pretty easy and customer interaction was key. There where set sales goals for every associate.
Hard working, friendly pace watch plase
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 31, 2013
Very upbeat with lots of work
Very Competitive
Issues lots of integrity
horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJuly 11, 2013
Pros: high volume
Cons: everything
A typical day was never going home.
i Learned how to not have a social life
My District manager was horrible never willing to lend a hand after over two weeks of doubles
The Hardest thing was to recruit and hire managers without having a d.m support.
The most enjoyable thing was the volume it was always very busy.
Stressful work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee), Braintree maApril 21, 2013
Cons: no to short break even on long shift
Constant goals that are needed to be met in a failing economy that doesn't work. Promotion from within are only for those that have in friendship prior connections and in a dog eat dog world job security is not there put in 82 hrs reg time and 42 hrs overtime in two weeks missed one watch count and threatened to be fired. Had the common Curtisy to give general manager a two week notice and was removed off the schedule for the following two weeks even though the manager and dm was well aware of the two week needed pay due to job transfer and supporting child

June 6, 2013

I worked at Precision Time for 7 1/2 years. In that time I saw 8 managers come & go, the end of any raises, store managers taken from salaried to hourly + commission--putting them in direct competition with their employees for sales goals, and the certification program become pretty meaningless. The good store managers quickly found other more lucrative opportunities, the others either got sick of the constant verbal beatings over not meeting goals and left, or got fired. There's no insurance for those of us in Washington but corporate will still send insurance packets and not tell you their insurance is not valid, and they don't even offer direct deposit. They pay minimum wage and give the sales staff no power to make the customer happy without first getting upper management approval. They tell you they are "family first" until you test that philosophy. If that is the environment you enjoy then go for it. I'm done!

A company based on exceptional values from the top down
Team Member to District Manager, I've done it all. (Current Employee), NationwideMarch 4, 2013
Pros: innovative, takes car of employees, opportunities for advancement are very real.
Cons: retail is a demanding career and not for everyone, but i like it, otherwise i would look for a career change.
Precision Time is a great company to work for. It really has a "family" feel to it yet remains a professional work place. It is the American dream made real and blesses the lives of all of its employees every day. They understand the value of hard work and are willing to reward those who also understand this value.
Fun, rewarding ... be ready to work hard!
General Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2013
Pros: great management team
Cons: team-building doesn't come easy
I had a blast. The best part was that I learned more about how to build a team, and drive sales and profit, than in any prior job. I really am sad that I had a better opportunity outside of the company. When I took the job, as a promotion from team member, it was the dream situation.

Compensation is strong for managers. Compensation for team members is performance-driven, and of course, there aren't a ton of great salespeople out there just waiting for jobs ... so ultimately, you have to work very hard to build a good team.

The company does is very good at teaching every part of the job. I'm a watch expert now, where I started with very little knowledge.

Be ready to work hard. If you don't know how to sell, you won't succeed on good looks, and the management team will hold you accountable to performance. If you don't know how to build a team, you'll find yourself working a lot of extra hours to make sure you beat plan.
good salary
Store Manager (Former Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 13, 2012
Pros: great salary
Cons: sitting down long hours daily doing watch repairs
Monitor sales numbers,Repair watches,Hire and train employees,Accounting sales numbers,organize files,evaluate weekly performance of associates,keep store clean, accept weekly shipments,P&L statements w/DM monthly. Learned how to repair watches. Had great relationship w/ corporate mgt., Had positive sense of teamwork. Hardest was sitting down 7 to 9 hours of doing watch repairs daily. How a watch can be repaired was my enjoyable part of the job.
Fun and enjoyable employer with long hours.
General Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 11, 2012
Being a General Manager for Precision Time was a positive experience. The workload was often intense, as I was asked to undertake the task of hiring and training team members for multiple locations. My other duties involved product inventory, employee scheduling, training in repairs, and handling of special orders for products from various vendors.

Precision Time Photos