Precision Time Employee Reviews

Want to learn a trade
ASSIST MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJuly 6, 2016
I learned how to actually sale watches and fix watches. hardest part of the job was making sure I hit the goal for the day or making my numbers by the end of the week
Pros
discounts and contest
Cons
no health benefits unless you are the store manager
Great First Job!
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 20, 2016
It was fun and fast pace at Christmas; I really enjoyed the family team feeling. It was first job and every one worked together to keep the stress of retail at a minimum.
Pros
Meeting lots of customers.
Trained as sales associate and promoted to North American Training manager
Assistant Manager North American Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA and various statesMarch 19, 2016
Best job I ever had. Hourly and commission. When I was promoted I was able to travel to 38 of our 50 states. My airfair, hotel was paid for, and I was given a $300 a week per diem on top of my $20 an hour salary. I opened 88 stores. rained associates and managers in merchandising, sales tech, and proprietary company info. It was the best years of my life.
Pros
Made money and was compensated for work
Cons
I was on the road 250 of 365 days a year
Precision Time
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2016
A typical DM work day at Precision Time consisted of visits to stores and several phone calls throughout the district tracking sales at designated times during the day. I learned so much about watches... who knew??!? My team was fantastic... very dependable employees who thrived on the work environment that we created. The hardest part of the job was working holidays and late nights. The most enjoyable part was producing results that the company desired.
Pros
Fun product and great employees that I hired and trained.
Cons
Leadership at the corporate level was less than stellar.
General Sales Manager
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 3, 2016
I spent three years with this company. I learned a lot about standard and high end watch sales and repair. They were a fun company to work for.
Self managing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 26, 2015
I think this company went out of business. Not alot of training provided for this job. It was a qiosk in the mall, staffing was very limited, I worked alone most days, and had to do the best with what little training I was given.
typical work day
manager (Former Employee) –  trumbullAugust 30, 2015
Customers mostly were excellent, the prices were ok, and seems like the ship was going down so left before I could. Some of the brands were ok but Invictas were our big seller
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 14, 2015
Precision Time is an excellent company to work for, for anyone who is interested in learning more about sales, customer service, and management. I had various jobs prior, but this was really the company that taught me everything that I know about how to make excellent sales in a kind and professional, not so pushy way. This company taught me how to be an excellent employee and how to treat customers with the up-most respect. I also was fortunate enough to be promoted to assistant manager within 5 months of working there, which allowed me to learn how to make schedules for employees, do inventories, take care of customer issues, and so much more. What a learning experience!

The hardest part of the job:
The watch repair could be somewhat difficult at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Learning so much and being able to implement it in my professional life.
Pros
Great hours, decent pay, awesome co-workers!
decent
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  la jollaJuly 17, 2015
Decent company to work for but it is not the best compensation structure, nor do they have the best upper management in place. Also the job has a terrible work/life balance.
Event Planner
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJuly 14, 2015
Held parties for children aged four and above. Ordered catering, set up decorations, assisted with clean up, and maintained a healthy environment. It was a fun place to work at.
It is a business
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 1, 2015
I loved my job. I worked with amazing people and made lifelong friends from employees and even customers. I put my heart and soul into the company and they rewarded me accordingly.
The hardest part of any sales position is the general public. For every nice person you have ten jerks. The general populace is self entitled and knowledgeable of the products that they buy. I have story after story of a customer creating a wild accusation or requesting unreasonable accommodations just to save a few dollars. I had a guy try to return a watch that Precision Time doesn't sell. I even had a guy want a return on a battery that we didn't sell. If you can handle daily doses of dumb you'll be just fine.
They closed my store and that hurt a lot, but they made sure I was going to to be okay afterwards. There are tons of good people trying their hardest to provide a dying service. I really hope they can make a comeback.
Pros
Bonuses for good sales, tons of quiet time, paid training, open schedule
Cons
customers
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, ColoradoMay 15, 2015
I managed a store at the Southwest Plaza Mall for several years before the remodel began. I loved working for the company, and learned quite a bit about watches while I was employed with them.

I have experience with standard and high end watch sales and repair; identified tasks to achieve company’s performance objectives; proficient in time and attendance procedures, weekly payroll and store scheduling, and profit and loss statements.; consistently monitored store best ball, physical inventory, stocking conditions, and salary performance; three year track record of delivering measurable, bottom-line results.
Not bad
Sales Associate and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMay 11, 2015
Was a great place to work for the most part. We had some big issues in our store specifically related to inventory loss, and the lack of security cameras led to a lot of finger pointing. But aside from that issue, I really enjoyed my time there, was paid well, and learned a lot.
fun place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2015
i learned alot about watches by the time i left i was able to take a watch apart and work on any watch in the world.i love working there
Pros
comission pay job
Cons
low salary
great place to work great employees and work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 31, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of taking inventory of watches, selling watches, and repairing watches. I learned a lot about selling, managing, training, and time management. The management was absolutely perfect, all the managers were easy to get along with, cared for their employees, and were great teachers. The hardest part of the job was drawing in business on slow days. The most enjoyable part of the job was selling to customers.
Pros
great managment and employees
Cons
little pay
open door policy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CA and Arcadia, CAFebruary 23, 2015
it was a good place to work for but very difficult to get a promotion or more hours. i did like that my supervisor was very approachable and so was our district manager
Cons
no breaks enforced
Productive and a great learning experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work was looking over the merchandise, observing repairs, writing tickets to make repairs, and general customer service.

I learned the dialog for retail and how to sound confident and easy to talk to with customers concerning the merchandise in store and how we could better help them.

Management was organized and had well rounded knowledge of their craft.

My co-workers were helpful and easy to get a long with.

The most difficult part of the job was learning all of the merchandise and being able to explain to customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming more successful with sales and overall service.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no breaks
Fun and interesting
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Selling and fixing watches doesnt sound fun but when you start to learn how everything works such as the stem and crown it becomes pretty fun
It was a good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2015
Providing excellent customer service, while assisting customers with their time piece needs. Consistently a top sales associate. Using my proven retail sales skills. Cash handling, Inventory control, shipping and receiving, watch repairs, document management, and scheduling. Managed to 6-8 employees at any given time. Meeting and exceeding sales quotas consistently.
Precision Time has provided all necessary tools to develop and grow our company nation wide.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 22, 2015
Implementing our company core values, mission statement and our 3 essentials of selling and sharing this with our team on a daily basis to ensure every guest was well treated as we grew our business. I enjoy being with the team side by side and leading by the front as we shared excitement selling and finding opportunities to move forward beating sales plan daily within our respective stores.

Teaching, coaching and continuous positive follow up with all my stores creates self awareness of our #1 priority (beating sales and profit plans) each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precision Time. Our community is ready to answer.