Precision Time Employee Reviews

Pretty much just a sales job with some technical skills sprinkled on top.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 28, 2017
Typically you would work solo, so there would be times of high traffic/ high stress interspersed with long stretches of boredom. The upper management didn't do much to encourage more employee interaction in the company, despite some of us actually approaching them with ideas.
Pros
A few benefits, employee sales, etc.
Cons
Short hours, no where to really go in the company.
My experience working at Precision Time
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 3, 2017
I learned a lot about watches while working at Precision Time. I was promoted from an AM to a GM in 3 months which was not easy but I accomplished it. Management was not so great!
Pros
Learned about watches and how to fix them
Cons
District manager was not very uplifting, poor compinsation
Exciting and fun atmosphere if you enjoy watches
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 22, 2017
I love timepieces, so this was a place for me to learn more about the industry and repair watches etc. Bank runs, helping customers, little room for advancement into District Manager spots. Difficult getting employees to show up with such little pay.
Pros
Great commission Structure
Cons
Long hours without good staff
worst company i worked for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 7, 2017
Management was terrible with no vision or compassion for employees. Worst job I ever had. Business went bankrupt to my knowledge and for good reason.
A great company in a dying industry
Assistant Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 8, 2017
The company works well and is becoming more organized. The down side is that this company is full of products and services that are being phased out in today's world of cell phones with smart watches. The company has downsized about 70% of its retail locations in the past 4 years. Employees have a job one day and none the next. There is no warning for when they shut down a store.
Sales building
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2017
Fast pace, high-volume, ever increasing sales goals. High-turnover, a very little room for staffing. Ability to learn service, sales, and management skills.
fine place to learn a new skill
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2017
Precision time is a good place to learn a new skill in a trade not offered at most jobs.good pay if you are willing to sell sell sell. unfortunately you work in a kiosk.
Not so good
Sales Associate/certified watch services (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 7, 2017
required to dress professional, dress shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes, though pay was minimum wage with limited benefits, and 1% commission. In my opinion this is not a good company to work for as they do not take care of their employees.
The job itself was not difficult, minor watch services; battery replacement, gasket replacement, cleanings, etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I met (customers, and other mall store employees) they were all real nice, and I met some really inspiring people.
Pros
learned how to fix watches
Cons
not very busy at the countryside location/really boring.
okay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 2, 2017
It gets pretty slow and leaves with a lot of downtime. I could do everything on a dead day and still have down time. It not a bad place too work the pay is ok and a good starter job.
Loved my job but horrible turn over rate
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I must say this is the most unprofessional place I've ever worked for. My district manager was all about gossip & I was the most rude and unprofessional person I've ever had to work under! How she's been a district manager for so long baffles my mind! If you don't make your sales for the month after so long, you're pretty much gone from the company! They don't care that you have family to take care of just as long as you're getting your sales! I was sick for 2 days and wasn't even allowed to use my 50* hours of sick time I had accrued! I asolutely loved my job but the higher management needs more training on how to treat fellow workers instead of making it unpleasant to work around them!
Pros
Good pay & loved working with watches
Cons
Horrible people in corporate, high turn over rate & very unprofessional
Learning experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 3, 2017
I learned a lot about how to run my own business and find my own team while working at this company. They also taught me many things i would have never learned anywhere else when it comes to watches
Pros
created own schedue
Cons
health benefits
Work is easy but lacking in staff.
Assistant Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYDecember 30, 2016
Precision Time overall is not a hard job. The store sells watches and does minor repairs on them. They also have watches accessories and can send off for larger repairs at their watch center. The store at Kentucky Oaks Mall has a bit of a bad record with staffing. Precision Time also runs as Customer Service for the mall usually doing gift cards. There is no insurance or real growth potential unless you are a Manager. The sales are usually bad unless around holidays.
Pros
Commission, Meeting People, Watch Knowledge
Cons
Staffing, Insurance, No Real Growth, Sales
Great Job!
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 14, 2016
It was a great job! It helped me get on my feet to start my life. It takes a lot of work. First off by having to learn about all of the types of products and then making sales.
Its alright
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 3, 2016
Enjoyed it at first but not so much now. Not the best place to get repairs and such done. I dont enjoy it as much as i thought id enjoy it which dug me a hole. Really need a different job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough pay, to high of prices for repairs and such.
Want to learn a trade
ASSIST MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJuly 6, 2016
I learned how to actually sale watches and fix watches. hardest part of the job was making sure I hit the goal for the day or making my numbers by the end of the week
Pros
discounts and contest
Cons
no health benefits unless you are the store manager
Great First Job!
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 20, 2016
It was fun and fast pace at Christmas; I really enjoyed the family team feeling. It was first job and every one worked together to keep the stress of retail at a minimum.
Pros
Meeting lots of customers.
Trained as sales associate and promoted to North American Training manager
Assistant Manager North American Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA and various statesMarch 19, 2016
Best job I ever had. Hourly and commission. When I was promoted I was able to travel to 38 of our 50 states. My airfair, hotel was paid for, and I was given a $300 a week per diem on top of my $20 an hour salary. I opened 88 stores. rained associates and managers in merchandising, sales tech, and proprietary company info. It was the best years of my life.
Pros
Made money and was compensated for work
Cons
I was on the road 250 of 365 days a year
Precision Time
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2016
A typical DM work day at Precision Time consisted of visits to stores and several phone calls throughout the district tracking sales at designated times during the day. I learned so much about watches... who knew??!? My team was fantastic... very dependable employees who thrived on the work environment that we created. The hardest part of the job was working holidays and late nights. The most enjoyable part was producing results that the company desired.
Pros
Fun product and great employees that I hired and trained.
Cons
Leadership at the corporate level was less than stellar.
General Sales Manager
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 3, 2016
I spent three years with this company. I learned a lot about standard and high end watch sales and repair. They were a fun company to work for.
Self managing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 26, 2015
I think this company went out of business. Not alot of training provided for this job. It was a qiosk in the mall, staffing was very limited, I worked alone most days, and had to do the best with what little training I was given.