Precision Walls Employee Reviews

Great company owned by the a great family.
Quality Control and Safety Inspector (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2016
I have worked for PWI for ten years. My loyalty is to the owner and his family and returns the same. PWI is a great company to work for and you will not regret this career move.
Pros
Security
Cons
Some of the lower management is questionable.
very motivational staff and a reliable source of income
Drywall Hanger (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 25, 2016
during my work experience with drywall with precision walls i was given the opportunity to work in a safe environment with my peers and be productive without interference. My management was great they always provided us with the necessary tools and equipment to get the job done.
Overall great company
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 10, 2016
Fast paced environment with plenty of work. Management are very knowledgeable of the business and thrive on teaching employees every aspect of the trade while pushing for a desire to advance. I absolutely loved working for this company and enjoyed my experience while there. Pay could improve but you can survive off of it. I learned an incredible amount during my time with this company.
Great People, Opportunity, and Family Culture
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 29, 2015
Great people and culture! Precision Walls, Inc. is a company that cares for each individual that they encounter, whether an employee or customer. This company has stayed true to its core values since the beginning. Management team is extremely down to earth and has created a sense of an "open door policy". PWI truly cares about each employee and wants them to advance in their career within the company. Working for PWI is hard work, challenging, yet so rewarding. Every day is different and creates new challenges, but this allows for exciting solutions, team work, and dedication.
Pros
Fun team environment, challenging, and rewarding!
Cons
Stable Employer that is loyal to its people
Estimator/Project Management (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 17, 2015
PWI has a good reputation in the construction industry and is a solid employer and subcontractor. . Many employees been there 25+ years. A reflection of their loyalty towards there people in most cases but also a result of a tough no compete agreement that can make it very difficult to leave or at times get a fair reward for your efforts. Many have been able to leave by taking a lateral move and pay cut to work for a supplier etc.for 12 months before resuming their careers in industry. Culture and atmosphere varies by branch and team but is generally professional and dedicated towards effectiveness.
Pros
Loyal, stable professional employer
Cons
No compete Agreements
Much work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 13, 2015
Any time of the day from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM just like it says in the ad. Cleaning and handling materials for others and making sure spacing and the room is kept clear for commercialize buyers and clients and also other contractors to make a safe environment. We are given positions the first day till the last not unless a foreman sends for you and changes it, might get upted or sent home because of the staff. My coworkers or employees are laborers then safe working to complete the same job or task required by the head foreman or contractor. Hardest part about this is being put around lot of fedestation equipment, cords laying around heavy trash cans that hadn't been dealt with by the last laborer which causes problem in your ability to secure and finish the job.
Pros
Meal trucks
Cons
steady work
Every day was different, somthing I enjoyed.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 27, 2015
My day would start with the inspection on equipment and work task schedules providedby workers. Trouble shooting and making sure all my workers returned home the same way they arrived, in good health and spirits.
Pros
meet a lot of different people
Cons
Great place to work if you are looking for a job that will give you 40 hours + overtime every week. Very reputable company with a great management s
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 24, 2015
I had a great experience working with this company. I worked very hard and advanced within 7 months to Foreman. Your work will speak for you in this company.
big company. Obviously many different departments
General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 1, 2015
The typical work day was at least to 10 to some times 12 hours.
Management was demanding. Co workers for the most part were of average to work together.
the company has been good
foreman in manufacturing (Former Employee) –  fuaquay varina, NCJuly 21, 2015
i have ran crews of men and we have had rush jobs and complicated jobs but in an overall review it been a good working relationship
working with engineers to get changes to blue prints r last minute approvals can sometimes be tedious i had a great crew of workers and was sad to lose them when construction took such a hit from the economy
enjoyed working there
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Castlehaven, NCNovember 1, 2013
foreman was great, learned new trade, good teamwork, hanging drywall was physically demanding. The people on the team I worked with made it a great place to work
productive workplace with good coffee, and ping-pong
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 5, 2013
Good work enviroment, and everyday theres something diffrent to tackle. learned a lot while I was there. Met a lot of good people, and the most enjoyable part of my job was making sure that the guys on the job site went home at the end of the day, the same way they came, healthy and un-injured, thats a great feeling.
Pros
special lunches for the workers along with raffles and prizes.
Cons
I dont work there anymore.
a good place to be.
Sheet rock hanger/Finisher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2012
i was a sheet rock hanger and a metal stud framer and finisher
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
we work depended on weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precision Walls. Our community is ready to answer.