Precision Waterjet Inc., a waterjet job shop and small manufacturer, is currently seeking a full time operator / programmer to operate its high pressure cutting equipment. PWI values individuals interested in continually learning new skills and maintaining high standards. Successful applicant will be provided transition training to become competent in the manufacture of high tolerance parts on CNC waterjet cutting equipment.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Prepare CAM files from various sources to include CAD files, prints, and verbal instruction.
- Plan and Set up jobs for CNC waterjet equipment.
- Run jobs on equipment ensuring all parts meet tight manufacturing requirements.
- Maintain organization of jobs and inventory.
- Perform general shipping and receiving duties.
- Be flexible and willing to tackle new challenges and have a positive “can-do" attitude.
- Perform cleaning and general maintenance on waterjet and general shop equipment.
- Applicant must be able to solve problems that arise in a manufacturing environment without direct supervision while also performing as part of a team.
Qualification and Education:
- 2 to 5 years of manufacturing experience and the operation of CNC based machines.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- College or Technical training in the manufacturing field to include CAD/CAM courses.
- Ability to know when and how use calipers, micrometers, gauges, and other measuring equipment to be sure all parts meet customer specifications.
- Ability to safely lift, load, and unload large material from manufacturing equipment.
- Have general understanding of machine shop equipment and their safe operation.
- Proficient with PC operation to include CAD, E-mail, and a general Windows working knowledge.
- Ability to communicate proficiently, both written and oral, in the English language.
Location: Cary, Illinois
Hours: Full time Dayshift
Compensation: $30,000 - $50,000 /Year
Indeed - 22 months ago