Precoat Metals Employee Reviews

ok to work for
opererations support (Former Employee) –  Hueytown, ALSeptember 19, 2017
load and unload trucks and train cars daily, pulled orders ban and wrap steel coils using forklift and overhead crane. little stressful at times but was ok to work for.
Pros
the pay
Cons
supervisor
Clean
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 15, 2017
The work was hard and people was great and very friendly they money was really good at the time but you work 7 days a week that's a lot time away from family
Pros
Good money
Cons
No lunch break
Erratic and without clear directives
Worker (Current Employee) –  Armorel, ARAugust 10, 2017
Good benefits, decent pay, poor follow through for tasks assigned, poor work habits, friendly workers, management is approachable, good attempt at safety.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership skills, too much directional change in tasks assigned
no thank you
Slitter Operator (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILAugust 10, 2017
Hours are not what you agree on when you sign your contract. No one takes responsibility for their own mistakes and management will blame an employee for their own mistake.
great place to work
Product Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63116August 6, 2017
precoat is striving to make safety a priority, producing good quality material safely and in a timely manner is what makes precoat metals a world class company.
Good Company Competetive work environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 5, 2017
Good company to work for but a vey stressful work environment the hours are long but the pay is good if you can stand the work, weather and the stress of the work.
alot of hours and no lunch breaks
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVJuly 23, 2017
this place is good for the money and security. If your looking for a balanced work to home life this isn't it.. I'm very rarely home and the pay is potentially good but the management is terrible. You are just a number to them and there is another to replace you.
Pros
money
Cons
long hours no breaks
It a great place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2017
U learn a lot about different ways of doing things n learn different area in plant to work in. It is hot in there to now when it's hot outside n cold in there when it's cold outside
Organized & Safety First
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MOJune 5, 2017
Clear job titles and responsibilities. Its either feast or famine, as far as the work load goes. Foreman and group leaders are experienced and well trained in there respective fields. Management can be overbearing at times but its for a reason. Your typical day is uncoiling, chemically treating, painting, curing the paint, and wrapping the coil back up for up to 12 hours.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
No lunch and forced overtime to an unlimited about of consecutive days in a row if needed.
Very productive
Operation Support (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2017
Not a bad place to work. We have our fast days and Slow days but everyone is good to work with good place to learn how to drive a forklift or a crane....if you are a quick learner it wouldn't be a bad job for you.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Hours and schedule
Exhausting
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingsbury, INApril 22, 2017
Say goodbye to a life outside of work, yeah sure you will rake in alot of cash, but you will be too tired to ever spend it! Excellent savings plan! Welcome to the money train.
Pros
Money
Cons
No time off/ understaffed
All work no play makes everyone a dull boy
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 10, 2017
Expect long hours and no days off. They say you will be working a 4 on 4 off schedule, but unless you are production it will never happen. Even production only works this shift for a couple of weeks, then back to 7 days a week. Don't expect to get personal time either.
Pros
Pay
Cons
time off
Not a career employer
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, ARFebruary 13, 2017
Management runs very very lean. Too lean! No shop supplies at all. Gas fired furnace for line fills building with a hazy cloud. It's like walking in a garage with car running. Maintenance manager dies not respect workers. Very high turnover in maintenance. As of today every maintenance person except one is planning to leave.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Fumes, no supplies, provide own tools
Excellent
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2017
Business has evolved over the years, it is very much state-of-the art.

Was a wonderful place to work.

Excellent benefit package.

Company was very accepting when there were family issues, and helped every way they could.
Production Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hawesville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
Very on the go busy day every day keeping everything running as smoothly as possible. Great culture with a good management team to back you
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Being short handed at times
good money but long hours
Packer/Forklift Operator/crane operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 18, 2017
hard place to work the hours are long and the pay is good but the work is dangerous and though they do fairly good with safety it still is a tough place to work
Pros
great money
Cons
long hours and no time off
management
takeoff operator (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJanuary 18, 2017
Was hired & during my interview they told me that there was no worries for being laid off because they had tons of orders.... Well 2 months later I got laid off & was never called back along with a few other employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
lied to my face at my interview!!!
Hard labor, but a great experience
Summer Hire (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INDecember 8, 2016
I worked at Precoat as a summer hire for three summers. My time at Precoat was spent doing a multitude of activities. I did everything from painting, cleaning, organizing orders, preparing for important tours and corporate events, driving forklifts and even line work. I had a set schedule where I would work 40-45 hours a week, but was allowed to also work on the weekends, if wanted. For my first summer I was alone, but for my last two I had a few other co-workers. We did multiple team jobs together such as, organizing and painting our skid yard, trash removal, painting line machinery and many other things. I liked the work environment and how everyone acted each other the most. I loved hanging out with and assisting the very close friends I had made. At times it might not have been the most pleasant work that we were doing, but we had fun together and our managers cared a lot about us.
Pros
positive work environment, variety of jobs, a chance to get your hands dirty
Cons
very hot in the summer, loud environment, dirty backbreaking work at times
Not the place for me
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hueytown, ALOctober 28, 2016
While there are good days and bad, when they are bad they are very bad and the good is easily forgotten. They lead by exception and those who excel and work hard feel the brunt of the load. There has been some measure of grace and patience as I learned the ropes and taught myself to run an overhead crane. You get more hours than you want starting around February and ending around September. Be prepared for 40 or less through Christmas.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
you're cannon fodder
A great place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVSeptember 26, 2016
A secure job for life, Opportunity to make a good money, good benefits. The people there are willing to help you along. A lot of computer entering and software to learn.
Pros
Free lunches at times, quarterly bonuses
Cons
Long hours, 10 to 12 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Precoat Metals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7