Precoat Metals

Precoat Metals Employer Reviews

A fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 6, 2013
Pros: holidays are celebrated
Cons: everything is work related
A good place to learn and establish your career. Everyone including the managers are willing to help.
Learning Experience
Environmental, Health, Safety Coordinator, Buyer (Current Employee), Greenfield, INJune 11, 2013
Working with Precoat Metals, it has opened up doors that would not have normally been opened up for me.
Precoat Metals
Forklift Driver Packing floor (Summer Help) (Former Employee), Granite CityApril 3, 2013
Precoat metals is a great company to work for. sure the hours are long and the work can be mentally and physically tough, but the compensation is well worth it.
across the board salaried ees are divided based on gender/pay.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Portage, INMarch 15, 2013
Pros: learning new things in and around my department.
Cons: no reviews for performance, done by the employees themselves. zero job security.
Typical days at work were anything but , when the acquisition of our competitor occurred .
All job duties that I learned were taught to our department by managers who retired prior to merging. After my first 6 years, the direction was gone, as well as the focus of my direct manager. The priority became shouting matches between my manager and only co-worker, – more... creating a horrible environment.
Coworkers were great.
Hardest part of my job originally was learning all aspects and cross training to back up each other. Later, the hardest part was wondering if your job was secure.
Most enjoyable was learning different things about the coating industry and what part our region played in the big picture. – less
Family friendly
Receptionist/Purchasing/Accounting Clerk/CSR (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: hour lunch breaks and healthcare
Cons: salary workers not payed overtime
You meet all kinds of differentt clients from all over the world. Co-workers are your exstended family from home.
It's a sweat shop.
Physical Inspector (Former Employee), Hueytown, ALJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
If you like to work 12 hours a day, mostly 7 days a week, with no lunch and no breaks this is a job for you. In the summer it gets up to 135 degrees. Some areas it can reach 165 degrees. The managers don't care about you so don't get hurt. Co-works do their best to not get noticed. The hardest part of the job is you get no breaks or lunch and you have – more... a camera on you at all times. The pay is the only part of this job that's good. – less
Enjoy working close to home, and the people.
Various positions (Current Employee), Granite City, ILMay 9, 2012
A typical day at work starts very busy. I am the key person that everyone comes to for ordering and payroll. I enjoy most people that I work with including all plant personnel and managers. I work well with everyone and have a positive attitude. The hardest part of my job is not getting compensated for my hard work. The enjoyable part is that I enjoy – more... the work that I do and the people that I see each and every day. – less
everyone gets along but sometime favorite is shown among some employee's
Lab technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 4, 2012
Pros: good money
Cons: not enough money or raises
Excellent company to work for,I just want to better life for my family.I also want to receive a pension when i am retired.
Work environment
Operations support and exit operator (Current Employee), Elkridge, MDMarch 23, 2012
Pros: company offers 401
Cons: short breaks, if any, summers are too hot, schedules to flexible
Your work schedule must be flexible, schedules are posted on Thursday evening/ Friday morning for the upcoming week. Work is physical and at times we do not have work for the week, so therefore you do not work.
Long
Fork lift operator (Former Employee), Portage, INMarch 19, 2012
The job was decent, it had its perks like great pay and good benefits, but the hours were very long and also so many employees there was no room for advanecment.

About Precoat Metals

Sequa serves the aerospace and metal coatings sectors through its two primary operating segments. Chromalloy Gas Turbine, its┬álargest – Read more