Precor Employee Reviews

Decent place to start
Quality Assurance Inspector / Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCSeptember 18, 2016
Good people to work with. Great benefits. Low paying. Long hours during peak season. Management did not listen to employees
No job security
Facilities and maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAFebruary 2, 2016
- On a typical day at work usually assisting the maintenance team on all aspects of Precor's five buildings including general building and grounds maintenance. Assisted in preventative maintenance on CNC manchines, weld robots, engines, conveyor systems and production machines. Installation and setup of new production equipment.
- Maintained and managed inventory of equipment, parts and supplies.
- Managed the janitorial company and the janitors.
- The hardest part of the job was no advancement opportunity within the company.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends and getting projects done in a timely matter.
Pros
Lots of good people that work there
Cons
no job security
The Core of the company is sound,
Associate Powder Coat (Current Employee) –  Whitsett, NCNovember 21, 2015
This has been an interesting 2 years of learning the ins and outs of a company that is a world player. The equipment they make is top quality and worth the cost. This is a very demanding job that I normally don't mind doing. The lack of a full 40 hour work week when production drops thou is my cue that this is not a long term goal for me and my family.
expanding to new technologies
Customer Service Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WANovember 19, 2015
developing new processes and technologies, nice workout room and benefits for fitness/sport fans. Profit sharing consist over the years.
Pros
profit sharing, equipt discounts, workout rooms
Cons
career path limitations
Productive and fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAMarch 19, 2015
Great atmosphere, they take pride in the work they do and the equipment that is created. most of their employees have been with the company for more then five years. I would say it can be a family type place to work for the right person's. They play as hard as they work and they work hard.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, local company, built in U.S.A
Cons
some of the management can be challanging
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2015
Some management issues that subsequently have been resolved. The entire leadership team has been turned over, and the new direction is a breath of fresh air.
Pros
Good products and takes care of customers
Cons
New Executive leadership lack industry experience.
depressing place to work. great hourly coworkers. alot of favorism within company
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 3, 2013
a company thats ran by engineers. no respect for hourlys. stressfull enviornment. no room for advancement. not a good company for minority. good coworkers terrible management. no african american engineers when theres a top engineering school in the country A &T university which happens to be a black school only 20 mins away from whitsett location.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
management full of lies. pay inconsitent. sad enviornment
A great place to work and a very welcoming culture.
Technical Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJanuary 17, 2013
Precor was the best job I ever had. I have friends there that are like family and will always push their high quality products. If I were to ding anything it would be that sometimes the senior management is slow to recognize a low production employee or employee that may be harming the team process.
Pros
great work environment, great pay, diversity in job functions and quality products.
Excellent products - a worthy mission
Sr. Marketing Manager, Corporate Comms & PR (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAFebruary 6, 2015
Precor is all about the products it offers - they are excellent and it has a worthy mission: helping people live the lives they desire.

The emphasis at Precor is on meeting business objectives and approach to employees: care for them, professional development, opportunities for career advancement, come a far-distant second. You are expected to adhere to the Precor Creed - if you don't exhibit characteristics that are in line with it, you won't like being there. However, living the Creed has become a lever that senior leadership can now use to take away employee benefits that hurt morale. They figure that if you believe in it, the other things don't matter. They may not be significant when looked at individually, but they all add up to telling a story of profits before people.

It's unfortunate. I really loved my job there and hate to witness what's happening.
Amazing job with gym on job site
paint crew (Former Employee) –  whitsett ncJune 1, 2015
manage the orders in Microsoft excel, load equipment, paint equipment, and work with assembly for 6 months. Overall excellent community of people.
Great management and products but not very forward thinking company
Associate Business Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJune 8, 2015
I have enjoyed the experience I gained at Precor very much. The management is wonderful to work for. I felt very independent and that I could express my opinions. My opinions mattered and were listened to. I believe the product they make is the best in the industry and I was proud to work for Precor and to sell the product. Employees aren't necessarily treated as very valuable though and although they were very forward thinking with the product, they were not so much with the company culture and the employees. Work volume was overwhelming. No flexible schedules or tele-communicating options. Their creed encompasses health and fitness, yet the office design was very uncomfortable and did not promote any productivity or creativity. The design was not around employees needs or wants whatsoever.
Precor will do the minimum requirements but not above and beyond. I would grade them a solid "C"
Pros
health benefits and employee discounts at sister companies
Cons
no flexible schedule, telecommunicating is not an option, poor maternity leave benefit
This place sucks.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  whittset ncSeptember 20, 2014
cant make any real money. No room for advancement. Mangment doesn't know what there doing. HR is nasty to employees
Pros
4 day weeks. healthcare
Cons
Everything else
Great workplace atmostphere
SR INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJanuary 10, 2014
Great management team that empowers employees to make decisions and perform their jobs to the best of their abilities.
Productive place to work.Had firdays off
Welder (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCMarch 10, 2014
Got there at 6 Went in my welding booth and came out for lunch and stayed there till 430 when I got off
Pros
fridays off
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Woodinville WaSeptember 5, 2012
Great place to work. Fun working enviorment when times are not super busy. Co-workers love to share stories and always have sense of humor
Nice Place to work at, good benefits.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  23936 Avenue Williams Valencia, CA 91355March 25, 2012
Good place to work at great benefits, safe, paid holidays, and paid vacations.
Pros
free lunch on holidays
Cons
dental care