DIRECTOR OF USER EXPERIENCES
Predixion Software is the most innovative player at the immediate intersection of Predictive Analytics, Big Data, and Insightful Collaboration. Predixion bridges the gap between complex machine learning algorithms and business intelligence that dramatically increases the ability to produce and consume the advanced analytics that are required to understand and leverage data generated by the Big Data generation. Predixion changes the predictive analytics market paradigm to be comprehensive and inclusive to usher in a new age of machine learning that is accessible to anyone. Currently our software is used by individuals as varied as data scientists, college instructors, doctors and nurses, business analysts, marketing professionals, BI specialists, DBAs and more. You can download a free trial of our cloud-based Excel-integrated product here.
Predixion’s culture is casual and sophisticated. We deeply care about our product and the benefits it brings to our customers. We value work/life balance, team spirit, efficiency, simplicity, innovation and making a difference. Predixion offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
You will be creating new and unique user experiences in advanced analytics. You will craft and invent new ways to convey complex information previously only accessible to the most advanced data scientist and bring them down to earth so that anyone can gain insight and take action based on data-driven metrics. You will craft the look and feel of Predixion Software’s flagship product Predixion Insight, our Solution Framework, internet presence and point solutions into a cohesive brand identity that will excite and delight our customers and partners. You will hire and manage contract artists and artisans on an as needed basis. You will work intimately with the CTO, development and product management to build this vision that will bring unprecedented ease of use, clarity, and excitement to the world of Predictive Analytics.
Who you are…
You believe that design is essential in all product development and understand the psychological impact of good vs. poor design choices. You understand the variety of technologies available in employing design principals in software development and how they can be used to convey meaning and purpose to the end users. You enjoy working with both artists and developers as well as directly communicating with customers to build the best interfaces and experiences allowing the customer to achieve the most value from the products you build. You take the challenges of integrating your designs into potentially legacy systems and legacy ideas turning the archaic into something new. You know what a complete experience looks like and are not satisfied until your vision is complete. You enjoy getting your hands dirty by mocking up experiences using graphical tools and programming environments. You have experience managing external art resources and know how to extract their best work. You are an excellent communicator and can explain requirements in verbal and written form to artists and technical to achieve your vision. You pride yourself in not only the inception of the experience, but most importantly, bringing it to fruition.
- 10+ years of experience creating large scale enterprise application interfaces or large scale websites.
- Successful track record leading interdisciplinary teams in the deployment of best-of-breed, innovative and user-accepted software applications
- Creating and strategic thinker able to develop innovative solutions to problems and leading edge design
- Hands-on expertise in information architecture, use case development, storyboarding, mock-ups, and highly interactive prototypes.
- Proven ability to manage long term, multi-million dollar engagements with multiple project tracks and teams.
- Ability to interact effectively with product teams of all levels and backgrounds, from CEO’s to administrative support staff
- Deep understanding and awareness of product development and experience tying product goals to business goals
- Ability to manage and mentor
- Engaging presentation style and solid writing and visual communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Open to feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices
We are hiring for this position in our Redmond, WA location.
To apply please respond to this job posting. No phone calls please.