Preferred Care Partners Employee Reviews

good place to work
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2017
Management takes time to make sure that you have the tools you need to succeed. a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. I had a lot of fun working there
Accounting Sweat Shop
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 10, 2016
It has been 3 years since I left this company and I still wake up from time to time feeling very angry and deceived by this company. I have never worked in a more clickish environment.

Loved the job, but the expectations were unreasonable. Long days and abbreviated weekends.

Typical day at work: 12 - 16 hours. Expect to work weekends and holidays to meet deadlines.

What I learned - patience...too many manual systems in place and an inadequate finance system.

Managment - biased

Co-workers - very clickish

Hardest part of the job - long, long hours

Enjoyable part of the job - accounting
Pros
Nice Christmas Party
Cons
Very clickish and biased management. No job security. Long, long hours.
Overall good experience
Grievance & Appeals Coordinator/Department Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2015
I loved working for Preferred Care Partners under the previous owners. Before being aquired by UHC the company was well runned & truly cared for the employees.
Pros
Cons
Too much work & not enough team members, no help, no teamwork
best place to work
Electronic Billing (EDI) Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 22, 2015
management is very caring for the employees I will recommend anyone to work here, there is a ton to do day to day but everyday you learn allot of new ways to handle whatever task you encounter
Walking on broken glass
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Upper management made it nearly impossible to advance or get training.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Advancement was nearly impossible
All that glitters aint gold beware!
Central Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano TxDecember 5, 2014
Small company full of clickish departments. Unethical and unprofessional. They get you in with way above average compensation package but expect you to work like a dog. Lots and lots of lies.
Pros
compensation package
Cons
if one person dont like you you are doomed
Very productive working environment
Skilled Nursing Facility Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2014
Mainly communicated telephonically with all contracted SNF's as well as LTACH's in several counties to determine if members were meeting inpatient stay criteria as determined CMS guidelines.

Assisted with the coordination of all required services for members during their inpatient stay as well as upon discharge including DME, therapy services, transportation and follow up with their PCP and/or specialists as ordered.

Processed FMQAI and Maximus appeal requests.

Worked nurse on call nights and weekends.
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
Worked independently
Social services coordinator
Social Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 14, 2014
Inbound/Outbound calls to identify our low income members and proceed with application for Medicaid and other programs that they might qualify for.
Also along these this years i developed good relationships with
DCF workers what makes the process for Medicaid Benefits for members and prospects faster and smoother.
productive learning place
M S R/ Eligibility Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami floridaAugust 12, 2014
A hand full of coworkers understand the meaning of team work. Bur unlucky the management only use the word but do not understand the meaning of the word. The favoritism from the management to some workers and the lack of recognition to those who work hard make this company just as a job to survive. I have learn many things not encourage by management nor was train, just because i did it on my own to do a better job. Company was bought by a mega company and the job became less enjoyable.
Pros
public transportation adn parking was paid by the company
Cons
short breaks, not consideration when getting sick, and all changes and hard choices was blame on the mega company
Custer Service
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  miami,flJune 13, 2014
I helped members and providers with claims, auhtorizations. Medicare A, B,C and D. Please refer to resume for more informaiton.
Great culture and benefits
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 14, 2014
Preferred Care Partners taught me a lot about medical insurance as a whole; more specifically about health care compliance Had a wonderful experience my 8 years there.
Great
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLNovember 22, 2013
Ok place to work. Management not so good. Lots of hard work but the pay is decent and the PTO time is good.
Great people
Customer Svc Rep/Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2013
Our typical day in this job is very busy, I work in the medical center and it is the busiest out of all 6 of them. Our administrator makes it very enjoyable, she puts music before we begin our mornings so that it lightens things up. We celebrate the employees birthdays and are a big family. The hardest and most rewarding part of this job is the patients and knowing that you have their life in your hands.
Pros
Patient lunches
Productive enviornment
Database Development (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2013
Great place to work. Very friendly staff, always willing to help out
Great place to work at!
HR (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 18, 2013
Great company. They really care about each employee. Lots of events and great parties throughout the year. Great benefits as well.
Great company and upper management
administrator (Current Employee) –  kansasFebruary 9, 2013
Great company to work for and are very resident oriented and supportive of staff
Pros
company values
Not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2013
the only thing that lacked was better advancement, I didn't get a raise during two years of consistent hard work.
Pros
i felt comfortable speaking to the members
Cons
management was bias
Good
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2012
Preferred care partners is a medicare hmo company and my job title is inbound representative in the call center. I work approximately 8 to 12 hours days answer incoming call that are made by provider, and member which have different question or needs to be answer and to the best of my knowledge I try to help member or customer with my best ability, knowledge and experience of customer relations.
Pros
no pros
Cons
half hour lunch
no comment
Inpatient Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2012
small company, family environment. good working hours for nurses