Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

I learned alot more about helping an compassion
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Miami FloridaNovember 16, 2017
It was a great experience an I am grateful to have worked for them. The clients I had was very happy to have help an company,I love to hear their experience with the life they had lead. It was very educational.
Pros
I learned a lot about compassion an sympathy
Cons
I had to move away
If you value your worth stay away from PFH
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 10, 2017
This is not a credible company and they have shown not to value you as an employee. I worked for this company for several years. You do not get pay increases. They will ask you to work overtime but expect you not to get paid for it. Training does not exist. Rewards or incentives are given to you almost on a child like basis expecting you to be appreciative. Management covers for each other and could care less that some of those in management has violated company policies and HIPPA. They no longer care about the client and only care about billable hours. This company needs to be investigated, closed or have a change of management.
Pros
The clients in the community that you represent and help.
Cons
Unethical, low pay, no pay increases, back stabbing, employees are always scared and afraid that they will lose their jobs.
Nice home, ladies, fun job.
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2017
I work with 2 ladies in an ISL setting. Transport them to Dr's appointments, work, special events, shopping, etc. Administer meds, assist with whatever is needed at the moment for ladies. Prepare food & clean.
Different perspective from different positions.
Child Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 1, 2017
I worked as a child specialist in the daycare of a women's rehab facility. I enjoyed working one on one with the children. My supervisers were great, the pay could be better.
very poor management
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 11, 2017
very little training provided, always expected to work overtime, consistently out of the most basic supplies, all they care about is money, clients are frequently treated poorly by both staff and management, staff is treated very unfairly by management, very cliquish and gossipy, hard work is not rewarded, all they care about is if there is someone to fill the shift and that they get paid
Great company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 29, 2017
Love the welcoming warm family oriented business they are very understanding and assist their employees with any work related issues they always make sure the employees are comfortable.
Good
Job Developer/ Career Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 24, 2017
I think PFH was a good place to work for the past four years. It could greatly improve with some additional training and support for contract employees. Politics can effect decisions often.
Rewarding Job
Residential Technician (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MOAugust 21, 2017
The management of PFH was never consistent from one employee to the next. They didn't give us any training on the classes we were supposed to teach to the residents. It was great to see the residents wanting to learn and do better in their life than how they had been living in the past.
Poor management/training
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 16, 2017
I worked here three whole days before I couldn't take it anymore. I received about a half days worth of training before they left me on my own at the front desk with a stack of paper work the size of the biggest Harry Potter book that dated three months back.

They were absolutely shameless in having the new guy doing work that should have been done months ago, and making him do it with barely any knowledge on how.

The only bright side would be the people that work there. Very funny and friendly people, too bad their sense of humor completely dwarves their management skills.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Awful management, no training
The job teaches you more about yourself
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 10, 2017
Job culture was amazing! You feel confident in your work within the company. Being able to see the change of an addictive kind is amazing. One thing I will say is if you do not feel that people have the ability you to change this is not the job for you! But this job will teach you how to communicate with A diverse community and is an amazing resume builder!
Pros
Free lunch, learn about yourself
Cons
Stressful days
Typical Non Profit
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 30, 2017
Poor work life balance, long hours, poorly paid, little recognition for hard work... You must be self-motivated to come in and work hard as it can be easy to become burnt out
Enjoy working with this company.
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and providing home visit to monitor their consumers' health. I also was a medication administration and insulin instructor which meant the staff was properly trained on administrating medications. This was a rewarding career for me but unfortunately I had to give it up due to not working enough hours to receive health insurance in order to be able to work just one job.
Pros
Working with staff and consumers.
Cons
N/a
Completely agree with all negatives on here!
Peon (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 24, 2017
Billing is top priority. They say clients come first, that is unless the District Manager is there! Anonymous surveys are anything but. You are always told to "Be positive" when corporate is there. Cannot take vacation, unless you are a manager that takes vacation multiple times while you cover for them. Get compliments from anyone, and it comes back to haunt you. No time to complete your work because you are always taking care of everything else. Poor training, and thrown out to work before you know how to. No family life, lunch break, or breaks in general. Definitely not 8-4:30 like told when hired!
Pros
Helping individuals
Cons
Stress level, work-life balance, benefits compared to work put in.
Its ok
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 14, 2017
Its ok just want something better with more pay and more hours and benefits..if the clients arent doing well u really have no work..your hours depends on the state
Pros
Good people
Cons
Horrible hours
chha
CHHA (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 12, 2017
they are a smaller company and they good people..they could pay more also but they will pay u gas for going between clients...overall always enjoyed working with them
Poorly managed, very stressful, focus is on billable hours
School Teams Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJune 11, 2017
I felt as if the quality of my counseling suffered due to the company only wanting billable hours, and making money. Training is poor to non-existent. I've seen others fired due to a lack of training and the managers do not have workers backs. I've seen others fired due to something they did not even do, lies created, and still fired. It's amazing this place is still in business. The idea behind what they do is commendable, but the management and supervisory of the company is very, very disappointing. Quick turn around time.
Pros
Experience.
Cons
Management, hours, training
Fun workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2017
I think we need to be paid more money than what we are getting this is not a easy job it's 7 days a week cold storms in every kind of weather. I like it.
Very clickish fake personalities back biting
Experiment (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 31, 2017
Poor training limited information on how to organize all the work. Many clients little time for paperwork. Insurance better than nothing and no time off for families on the holidays. Every employee expected to work while the suoervisor takes off, short staffed or not. Its a wonder they are still open gotta get that money. Working there reminds you of where you don't desire to be. The money even gets old due to the high stress and eating in a hurry to get ready for the next client and meeting your contact hours. Favortism and backbiting, constant gossip.
Pros
Helping the clients
Cons
Makes you wonder if you still want to work in the field of addiction
Not what it used to be
School Teams Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2017
unfortunately preferred is another company who has become about the money. constant changes and never clear on what is expected. favoritism is shown and communication can be a challenge. there are positives like a flexible schedule, but those are becoming limited.
Slave drivers
House primary (Current Employee) –  Lamar, MOMay 15, 2017
Always short staffed. Sometimes worked 24 hour shifts. Little to no personal life always on call. Never able to use pto time due to lack of staff. Did offer decent benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Family Healthcare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7