Preferred Freezer Services Employee Reviews

Always in new location
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2016
Fix and maintain buildings. Applied various on the job in wood building. Management was great along with co-workers. Travel times often varied which was lead to multiple traffic jams
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60632June 13, 2016
do daily customer service and data entry on a daily basis
answer phones and do reports

check in inventory on all inbounds.
entry in order manually
Cons
Not a good place at all!!
Past employees (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 11, 2016
I was truly disappointed when working at PFS because the place perceived to be corporate and professional but it was far from that. The management lacked communication with staff and gong above and beyond was almost expected from you ny management but never rewarded. Promises of bonuses, raises and promotions are talked about and discussed amongst the Vp's but never implemented. The office itself has a feeling of depression and it lacks any kind of life. Previous competition of the company has regained all of the work so sitting on the Internet or acting like you're busy is all you can do. I have never seen a place downgrade the way PFS has over the years which makes you feel unsecure if you will still have a job the next week. The place is a 3 ring circus and I believe it's on its way to be a sinking ship. if you want to start a career or further your career this isn't the place for you. They will tell you that you're hired for one thing but then you will find yourself making copies and answering phones.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!! You are better off getting a job at "POPEYES"
Pros
Free coffee, tea and spring water (toilet water) lunch on Friday
Cons
There isnt enough room to write so I will say everything but pros.
Very bad attitude and atmosphere not good at all!!
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 23, 2016
Very bad management and supervisors they change company and employment policies to there convenience. Super bad atmosphere heavy metal music while fowl language and inappropriate conversations while having customers in the phone. Managers harassing employees constantly stay away from this place it's a joke to work here!!!
Pros
free lunch one day a week
Cons
management and supervisors
was fun when I was working there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLDecember 20, 2015
Nice job for a younger person easy going management not hard at all. The hours was okay and there was always work to do. The management was really nice.
Horrible management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  San LeandroSeptember 3, 2015
Management is horrible just in general I'm the customer service department. The manager spends more time talking about her personal life, rather than provide employees with training. She could use some herself since she doesn't know how to speak to her employees, refers to them as you people, or hey what's your name! she addresses issues by talking across the room when pointing out a persons mistake versus discussing in a private room. It's very unproffesional and demeaning to be put on the spot and to be spoken to the way she does. With the very little and poor training they provide there is no room for mistakes unless your a robot and can be programmed to be mistake free. Then don't waste your time it's a very hostile environment
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Inexperienced management
Professional and Productive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJAugust 8, 2015
Productive ,professional,great office environment . Wonderful hours shift ,Monday thru Friday ... Great place to work and a lot of responsibilities
Pros
Summer Company BBQ Party
Cons
No overtime
Good Learning Experience
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 7, 2015
Opportunity to learn how to operate different kinds of machinery. Offers benefits to employees, co-workers work as a team, and management is understanding to employee needs.
Pros
Benefits...
Cons
Cold workplace
I use to enjoy working at this company in the last few years i wasn't happy anymore
Customer Service Representative/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 19, 2015
The office is usually busy. The company has its busy season which is usually during the holidays. I'm sorry to say but the Office Manager has a conflict of interest. In the beginning working there was great towards the end it was not the place I wanted to be.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch is provided
Cons
1 hr lunch break health care depends on the person and the requirements
Great cold storage facility with maximum security.
Inventory/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2015
control, verify, record and storage of inbound freight. Great team workers. Hardest part of day's work is assisting too many unscheduled inbound freight with limited time, storage space and staff.
Family, friendly oriented environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Their was always something new to learn at this great company. The company had finally recieved their new US postage meter machine and everyone was clueless in how to work the machine, the instructor taught three of us in the office and one of those three was me. Learning how to use this machine was so much fun and i learned quick. The hardest part of this job i would have to say was the truck drivers being so impatient. The most enjoyable part of this job was just learning new little things every day.
Pros
free lunches almost every fridays, jean days on fridays
Cons
health insurance
good place to work, great employees to work with
Cleco operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2015
The job is very easy to do and understand. My co workers are the best we work as a team every day in every aspect of our jobs. I enjoy coming to work every day and seeing my co workers their awesome, management included its a great atmosphere. I have learned a lot about time and situation management when it comes to work.
Pros
people
Productive and fun work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CADecember 29, 2014
Opening the building at 4:30 am having everything ready for the morning shift to start the shift. Learned how to communicate better with customers and co-workers. Managed a group of 30 people. I had a good and professional friendship with co-workers and got along with customers. Really didn't have hard days at work. Working in a fast paste to get drivers out in less than two hours.
Pros
having monthly bbq's
Cons
no lunch breaks
Freight runner
Warehouse Worker/Freight Runner (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MADecember 8, 2014
Good place to work. Busy all the time. Same as Pioneer Cold. People at work were good to work with.Management were great to work with.
Pros
busy all the time
Cons
really cold
fun workplace great management
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CANovember 18, 2014
we usually work independent on forklifts. you had no one in your butt. free work place. fast pace job. great management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work hours
Great company with great people
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Chatham, NJAugust 14, 2014
Preferred Freezer is a fast growing company that has a lot of dedicated and great people to with and work for. While it can be demanding, it's very rewarding
Preferred Freezer
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  ILJune 3, 2014
A typical day was 3-5 inbound trucks delivering products with and additional 10 - 15 outbound trucks to be loaded for delivery. All products in and out to be staged on the dock and inventoried for proper counts,damage inspection and labeling. Orders were picked and staged either the day of or the day prior depending on volume and staging space available in the freezer. My specific job duties included communicating with multiple customers to insure satisfaction. Communicating with multiple carriers to insure products were picked up and delivered on time. Inventory and labeling of inbound and outbound products. Loading and unloading trucks when necessary as well as delegating orders to be picked.
Pros
free lunch from time to time.
Cons
small dock limited space, outdated computer systems, cold
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2013
Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair various mechanical systems and plumbing for the company. Complete grounds work which includes snow removal, painting, replacing locks, wielding and other cosmetic issues. Install, repair and perform preventative maintenance on various equipment including conveyers, rollers, dock doors and plates. No typical day every day presented a new challenge. Most enjoyable part of the job was the family atmosphere.
forklift driver operator
Operator / Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 6, 2013
i learn to be organized and to my tasks with responsabilities
Very good enviorment and professionalism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAApril 4, 2013
Professional and respectful enviorment to work at.
Everyone of us had the same respect and professional attitude even when times for fast and stressfull. We all helped eachother and never had issues in the offices. Managament very helpful when it was a work overload day. We had many.
Most enjoyable part of this job was that they always gave us a reason to want to go back the next day no matter how hard the prior day was we always looked forward to tomorrow to do it again and 100 times better
Pros
health benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Freezer Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Preferred Freezer Services Reviews by Location