Preferred Homecare Employee Reviews

Never going to advance
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
There are no opportunities for advancement within the company. Management cares more about stupid unimportant things rather than employees and how to keep the company afloat.
Nice work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MISeptember 5, 2017
This job is a really nice job great people to work with the pay is nice it's just the lack of hours I need a full time position so I can bring more home
Small Business, Big Opportunity
Director of Applicatons (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2017
Working at Preferred allowed me to refine the tech experience I brought from Fortune 500 companies, by working more closely with the line of business impact and gidance of executive management.
I recommend it to any hard working individual, looking to grow in an expanding sector of healthcare supply.
Pros
Openness to hearing solutons
Cons
Typical issues encountered when migrating systems
Never Again
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2017
I was hired on to the Billing Department with no prior experience. They were adamant that training was given and was excellent. I sat through computer-based training for the first week and shadowed other employees. "Required" classroom setting courses that would have helped me learn the programs and vital information that I needed were cancelled numerous times, so I never received proper training. Even though the supervisor knew all of this, she wrote me up for "poor performance" and I ended up quitting because I could not keep up with the expectations without the training that I was supposed to have gotten in those cancelled courses.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Unorganized training, stiff management, unfriendly environment.
A lot to learn
LifeCare Solutions Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 6, 2017
Working at Lifecare Solutions has definitely taught me a lot about DME (Durable Medical Equipment). I started this job with no experience in the medical field and now I feel as though I can recite contracts from memory.
Pros
People
Benefits
Very down to earth poeple
Pca (Former Employee) –  Monticello mnJuly 4, 2017
I enjoyed. My time there my boss was always available and was very caring towards her staff
. Very well organized and always learning new things thru resident ortrainings
Pros
Yood pay
Cons
Not enough day hours
Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2017
unhappy with benefits, sick days shortened, insurance high for low pay. felt unappreciated after yrs of employment, immediate supervisor was great. coworkers were great.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
health ins
Preferred Homecare
Customer Service Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2017
I enjoy working for this company. The managers are helpful, environment is great and location of office is in a great location. There is plenty of advancement within the company.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
no training classes available
Great place to work.
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2017
Wonderful place to work if you don't mind sitting. Great staff.
HIGH call volume, Centrally located by the airport. Excellent benefits with paid vacation and sick time.
Pros
Friendly, helpful, and pleasurable co-workers.
Cons
Sitting your entire shift, and 1/2 hour lunches.
When working as an RT, I loved it.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJune 5, 2017
When doing Respiratory duties, I loved doing the job.The job often entailed non-respiratory therapy duties. For one year, I was a driver and conducted no Respiratory Therapy jobs at all.
Pros
Flexible lunch schedule
Cons
No pay raise for 4 years despite excellent reviews; on-call
Very high paced stressful environment
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034May 31, 2017
Extremely busy phones due to high patient incoming calls, never ending paperwork, lack of adequate training for specific positions, general "here's how" class.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
The "training" sucks
Communication is a problem but the coordinators are pretty nice.
HHA (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 29, 2017
The angency is going downhill because they dont communicate the way that they should. Sometimes u may get close to a patient next thing you know there service's has gotten cut off and so u may be out of work for a few days. They dont pay you sick days and the benefits they give you have such a high co-payment, its not even worth paying insurance every through them every month
Pros
They have many different hours from 3 up until 12 even livin cases
Cons
Healthcare
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2017
Responsible for referral intakes. Communicate with Insurance Companies and third party administrators to verify insurance coverage and patient benefits. Knowledgeable of Medicare Home Health guidelines.
Ambiente muy bueno
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2017
Muy buena compañía mucho trabajo y buen ambiente laboral
Pros
Bueno
Cons
No seguro medico
Get your foot in the door
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2017
Overall, the company was a good place to get my foot in the door and learn about the durable medical equipment industry, working with insurance companies and patients.
I read stories to some of my patients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 3, 2017
A typical day is relaxed depends on the patient. I would say the hardest part would be leaving the patient house.In a way I still feel responsible for them.
Preferred Homecare was a great place to work.
Territory Manager - Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMApril 24, 2017
As I was in sales my schedule was very flexible, which was perfect for me take care of all of my referral needs. There was a team atmosphere with open communications. There was also a great deal of respect for one another.
Clinical Pharmacist
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 11, 2017
* Reading and interpreting lab values and adjusting therapy when
needed.
* Monitoring patients TPN and adjusting to fit daily nutritional
needs.
* Filling, verifying and counseling pt. on their IV antibiotics, Chemotherapy, and other medications
* Computer system CPR+
* Medication Reconciliation
Pros
set schedule, no weekends
Cons
hard to get vacation.
Fast paced work
Confirming Specialist Temp (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89119April 3, 2017
The work is challenging but do-able. You stay focused and nothing ever gets by you. Some of the worker were rude but more than half were super supportive and positive I wouldnt mind working for them again
Great coworkers and hours
Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2017
The work environment is very friendly. You will enjoy working with the people here, whether it's your coworkers in your department or outside of your department by the people you meet.

Management is another area where you may find your issues, whether it's lack thereof or poor leadership. Sometimes you as the employee know more about the area you service than your own department leads or managers.

Insurance benefits are offered but they are not industry leading, in fact they are most likely at the lower spectrum of coverage versus premium cost (your copays will be extremely high.)

Pay is average, it is not on the higher end but you can have a modest life, but the yearly increases are very below average.

The main office is located near Sky Harbor airport, so it is centralized within the phoenix area.

The job can be hard, but that is part of the pros. A challenging experience where every day will not be like the last one. You will learn a lot about the medical field, about DME, and insurances. You will gain a lot of knowledge you can use down the road if you pursue a field in the insurance medical industry.
Pros
Great coworkers, centralized location, gain knowledge in the medical field
Cons
employee insurance is below average, pay and pay increases are not high, management and leadership are sometimes questionable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7