Preferred Homecare Employee Reviews

Homecare
Enteral Refill Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2016
Employees are assigned so much work that it leads to poor patient care. Communication between branches is poor and leads to customers not receiving medical equipment and supplies in a timely manner.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
A college degree is looked down upon.
Nice place to work with lots of opportunity
Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2016
A great place to work where you can enhance base skills with lots of opportunity to gain more experience in whatever interests you.
productive workplace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MNJuly 13, 2016
household duties, some light cleaning i.e.- dusting, dishes, organizing, one-on-one interaction, maintaining person's hygiene, restocking supplies
Don't work there
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2016
I worked at Preferred for 6 months. The pay was decent although the workload was very heavy. Pharmacist in charge only cared about how much we were "producing" and not the quality of life for the employees. Coworkers and lead tech were more concerned with gossiping about others than they were about getting their job done. People that had been there a long time felt they deserved special treatment over the new people. Worst experience as a tech I have ever had.
Pros
Nice breakroom
Cons
Coworkers, management, pharmacy culture
Very friendly employer who are professionals in the healthcare industry
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJune 30, 2016
Working for clients who really look forward of your presence, which will make your day. Assisting clients with all their needs, realizing how valuable of a employee you are to them. Preferred always makes the staff their priority as well as the clients. The co-workers truly make you feel like family. The most enjoyable part of the job are the clients, and valued relationships you will establish with all. The hardest part of the job is when it's time to let go, meaning when a friend has deceased.
Great company, great people
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2016
The best DME company I've worked for so far. They truly care about their employees and their patients. They downsized and had to close this office, but I am so thankful I had the opportunity to work with such a wonderful group of people. I would gladly work for them again.
Typical Day At Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2016
I visit people in their home to provide infusion nursing services. I typically see between 4-6 patients each day, Sunday through Thursday. I train them how to administer their own IV medications.
I also assist with maintaining their IV access devices and I draw blood for ordered labs.
Pros
compassion, independence, decision making
Cons
The current computer system is cumbersome
Disaster
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2016
When I arrived, there was a closure of 13 of 16 of the branches in Texas. There was a major downsize movement within the local area which adversely affect every aspect of the business.
Good company, bad values
CST Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2016
management only cares about the bottom line not the customer. After experiencing multiple concerns from staff, I brought to the attention of upper management to be told the staff needs to deal with it. Management places all blame on lower level employees in order to cover up there own short comings. in working in upper management I seen first hand higher level employees have meetings to place blame on others to cover there faults.
Very unorganized operation.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2016
Overall, this is a place that I would not recommend to anybody. Everything from how it's ran to how they treat you. My immediate supervisor (RT Supervisor), was wonderful and the only great thing about that company. Doing Home Care for them, you started to feel like you were a mule with how you were treated. The supervisors were disgruntled and took it out on you.
Pros
The compensation was decent for how much OT you could make for putting in long hours.
Cons
Everything.
Needs improvements
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I find that i the company is not well organized it hard to get in contact with HR and Coordinators.. Theirs a major issue with pay roll and not getting paid in full. I did enjoy working with the client and helping them in the best way i can.
Pros
n/a
Cons
hard to get in contact with HR
High Turnover rate
Compounding Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Overworked, underpaid, rude pharmacist, unprofessional, lazy, unorganized, unfair treatment, horrible aseptic technique, messy women, outdated equipment
Pros
M-F schedule
Cons
RUDE Pharmacist
It's a good place to start in the healthcare area
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2016
The best part of the place is the people that work there. You learn about several types of medical equipment and about a variety of insurances.
Challenging work.
RT, RCP (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 5, 2016
There are many challenges to over come on a daily basis with this job. Time management and prioritizing the redundant Medicare and company paper work are just a few of the challenges.
Pros
Pays some of the bills
Cons
Poor health insurance
DME company
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 30, 2015
typical DME company. Large volume of business but high turn over in billing department thus creating delays in billing. Incorrect claim submissions.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of support
Productive work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 26, 2015
Productive work place, some co-workers where team players, management was supportive at times was able to watch the company grow over the years.
Pros
received holiday gifts
Cons
no paid sick time or vacation days.
Interesting work place that provides job security
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2015
I come into work and check on my clients accounts, and submit claims to United Healthcare to collect money for my company.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Hard work and underpaid
Constant turn-over in upper management
IT Support Technician (Helpdesk) (Current Employee) –  PhoenixOctober 7, 2015
The work environment is constantly changing in IT, policies, procedures, infrastructure. Several CIOs in my few years here. The business blames IT for the lack of success, but never gets stable due to turnover and new IT regimes reorganizing for no reason and undoing everything the previous IT management had done. No room for advancement due to new management always bringing in "their people'.
Pros
mid-sized growing company
Cons
poor management and constant turnover there-in trickles down into most other cons.
Full-time Medical Billing/Coding position with room for advancement.
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2015
As a reimbursement specialist my team and I are tasked with creating 50+ CMS 1500 claims per day for each patient's delivery. This company has several different locations in the southwest region, therefore I have become familiar with a number of different insurances. The most crucial and demanding part of the job, I would say, would be the end-of-month closing period. The good thing is, I work with a fun spirited group of individuals who are more than happy to help each other out to get the job done on time.
Pros
There is always an opportunity to learn new things about the job and the company itself
Cons
I am looking for something closer to home.
Good secure job
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 29, 2015
I would assign 6 employees to clean an prep oxygen tanks for filling process I would then check for leaks or conditions.Then I would start the filling process after inspection then would have them ready for customers to pickup
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good health benefits an dental

2.6