Preferred Homecare

Preferred Homecare Employer Reviews

High volume, low pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: left alone if doing job
Cons: no opportunity for advancement, low pay, bad benefits, poor leadership
Main customer service manager is great but her superiors are only focused on volume and productivity and benefits suck. No matching for 401k and hard to take any vacation time. If you speak loudly at all they assume you're yelling at customers ignoring the fact that many are older age and hard of hearing so you have to speak up. No job security, management shuffling constantly, 2 senior managers left within 6 months while I was there
The best part was being able to help our patient
Customer Service Representative Lead (Current Employee), phoenix azJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexiable schedules
Cons: health benefits
Working for Preferred homecare I learned a lot about health care coverage and the difficulties patient do through to be provided essential medical equipment.

The best part about working there was being able to assist this patient on their needs.
Relax small office feel
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 10, 2014
Pros: loose dress code
Cons: off weekends
A very lax atmosphere with great people to learn from. Very past paced office that was fun and family oriented.
Expected to run the office and operate outside my scope
Lead Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Yuma, AZOctober 6, 2014
Pros: responsibility
Cons: expected to operate outside my scope (will explain)
I handled the billing, office running day-to-day, ordering, stocking, setting up equipment, sales, equipment deliveries to hospital.
Laid off
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: job gatherings/food, getting over time. great pay!
Cons: n/a
I had worked at Preferred Homecare for about 3 years too short getting laid off from work due to a new company they bought and hired about 3 people from the new company. I can be hired with this company again but I am ready to move on to do something different.
Fun workplace
Accounts Receivable/Collector (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: manager made the job fun
Cons: traffic time to get to work
Awesome supervisor, great work environment. Reason for leaving: career advancement
Not for me.
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2014
I enjoyed my job at PHC was not happy with supervisors and how they were chosen.
Preferred Homecare bought out Option One and myself and most of my dept was let go.
Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: the benefiits
Cons: having preferred homecare laid off myself and my staff
My job included ensuring collection on the revenue booked, hiring, firing and training of employees. Was in control of the held reports, CMN/RX's and authorizations.
No communication with the new Preferred Homecare management
My co-workers, the employees were hard working people
Hardest part of my job was trying to keep my job
Most enjoyable was the staff that I managed great hard working employees
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 7, 2014
great work experience

good management

liked working there
Pediatric Home Care agency
LPN (Current Employee), ManagableJune 2, 2014
Nice Job to work for but I been in training for about 3 months before I was able to start a case, because there were different people that work for the company that had to train, and the training is mandatory regardless to how much experience you have.
Its a positive work environment with long term advancement opportunities.
Utilization Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2014
Working at Preferred Homecare was a positive experience & they trained me in other departments, which will help me get other positions that I have experience for.
Somewhat Unorganized / Lacking Clear Management Direction
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: employees are treated well
Cons: lack of management direction
Overall this is a good company that is loyal to its employees. There is not very much training or marketing material support. There are opportunities to excell, but you will have to take the bull by the horns.
Very poor pharmacy management
Pharmacy team (Former Employee), Mesa, then PhoenixMarch 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches at times
Cons: poor management
Environment is like a soap opera... Can you say drama? Pharmacy manager very unprofessional : he played favorites, talked about other employees behind their back, was inappropriate and unprofessional, no balls. Many employees left because of him; however, human resources failed to do exit interviews to find out exactly why people were leaving.
Nursing had some good and bad managers; a few of the workforce ( non-management) were top employees, but under appreciated. If only the owners knew the truth....
SO SO Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 29, 2014
Employees not so helpful too much personal business going on.
na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), san diego, caJanuary 8, 2014
I don't have much to say about the company
im still here and that's all that matters
I do my job and do it good
Management wasn't all that great
CDL/D.M.E. Driver- Went (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2013
Pros: always meeting different customers
Cons: management always about themselves
Getting to meet different Customers everyday
Learned how to troubleshoot all types of equipment
STAY AWAY
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 14, 2013
Pros: none at all
Cons: none at all
This place is a MESS!!
I have been working here for years and
It went from bad to worse. I am in customer service, more like a call center with 40 to 60 angry calls a day from your co- workers dropping the ball. On top of that they pile 30 orders on you.The management team is horrible, they are slave drivers, not employee friendly. They favor friends and certain skin colors . The Customer Service manager is the Wicked Witch of OKC. She is always making remarks as if your job is In jeopardy; so you BETTER be quite.
Don't Do It Run!!!
Great Supervisors
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great starting pay, you aren't forced on the phones before you are ready, one on one training if needed
Cons: moody and mean patients at times. boring
I currently work in the Patient Pay department and my supervisor is amazing.Really helpful and training is great with her. No question is a bad question with her.
Everyday was something new and crazy going on.
Billing/Collections Representative Home Infusion (Former Employee), Tempe Royal Palms, AZJuly 12, 2013
Resolving billing errors and collection duties for home infusion.
Training new and existing employees to improve performance.
Extensive experience in negotiations with current and prospective Customers.
Maintain professional interactions with Customers while collecting on debts owed.
Pre-authorization for service/insurance coverage.
Maintain and monitor billing and collection duties for various Medical Billing companies.
Resolving billing errors and collection duties for home infusion.
I enjoyed working with all my patients and team members. Everyday was something new and crazy going on.
Some good intentions with some really bad management
Customer Service (Former Employee), PhoenixJuly 5, 2013
Pros: potlucks, dress down day, health insurance, nice people
Cons: patients needs not met sometimes by policy, short staffed areas employees overworked and frustrated, employee feedback treated as negative and threatening concept if involves change
I have worked in this company in several departments. I have seen many aspects. There are some wonderful supervisors with great intentions. But everyone seems so afraid of job security, busy, and overworked they are afraid to make any bold moves or changes in structure or communication that would vastly improve many things. Several departments I observed people were literally begging management to listen to the feedback of the employees and to implement some great ideas for some changes. But it was like there was a don't "rock the boat" attitude. The company has alot of turnover in some departments because of this. People see that things will remain status quo and any attempt to give feedback and suggestions to change for better are politely entertained and then ignored. I have seen individuals laid off because they tried to communicate information and were seen as complaining or as not being productive enough, when what they suggested was meant to allow them to be more productive if some changes were made, and they were trying to help facilitate that for the company. There are some departments that remain constantly overworked and understaffed, especially the delivery/respiratory side. There is a blind eye turned to the workload on that side. Those shifts go on far past what is scheduled. The employees working in delivery never know when they will be home each day. Friends over there report they are treated like they are the problem and are not handling the load right if they mention the long shift versus it being obvious they are being given more to do than can be done in – more... 8 or 10 hours. They are told not to have too much overtime and are simultaneously forced to accrue it by being told that their shift does not end until they complete all jobs they were given. There are company perks. Christmas giftcards, lunch potlucks, gym discounts, health insurance, etc. The pay is good depending on your area but it is not consistent between two equal employees at times with no real justification with equal qualifications. Possibly one negotiated more at the interview initially? This company will continue to grow. But currently employee satisfaction is not being considered important enough and that is a real Achilles heal. Employee feedback really needs to become a bigger player in order to both retain good people, and to also think outside the cooperate box about what needs to change to make things flow smoothly and increase productivity as well as profitability which seems for now to be the number one thing driving everything. Overworking a shoestring staff is going to lead to high turnover and no loyalty from employees, and ignoring repeated feedback from multiple employees just because it requires action or change is very defeating. Sometimes you gotta rock the boat and maybe change a status quo that might initially feel painful, or feel like a risk but will in the long run help employees want to come to work and love their jobs. That is what will build rapport with customers and increase networking with facilities and that will grow the business right, from the inside out. I wrote alot as it is a Good company...but it needs a backbone. If you hire on as management try and help with the above advice to make the employees happy, and they will want to make the customers and facilities happy as well and you have a win win. – less

About Preferred Homecare

Preferred Homecare | LifeCare Solutions offers a full range of infusion, nutrition, respiratory, and home medical equipment therapies – Read more

Preferred Homecare Photos