Preferred Meals Employee Reviews

very busy
Sanitation Crew (Current Employee) –  Moosic, PADecember 12, 2017
Its not much to say, its production work and its fast and slow paced...work is work, you have your good days and you have your bad days, it also is a very cold enviroment.
Pros
scheduled breaks
I love it
Sever (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Preferred Meals is a great company we just need health insurance and paid time off.. But overall it's a great job nice work place very understanding superiors and the kid make it all worth it...
Terrible
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILOctober 29, 2017
Had terrible service and you were barely working 8 hours. They only paid 8.25 and lied and said they were giving us a raise after Christmas but the raise was never given to us
Quick paced work place
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILSeptember 29, 2017
Preferred Meals was a great place to work. The managers were very understanding and nice, and the coworkers were fun and like a family. The workplace was quick paced so I was never without something to do.
Pros
Understanding boss
Cons
Not a long enough break
Good School Atmosphere
Summerfield Charter Lunch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Summerfield, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Easy job for a mom, only a couple hours a days. Fast paced but relatively simple work. Your children are allowed to enroll into the charter school which normally would be a little more difficult because spots are filled via raffle. It is a very nice school, good environment and a wonderful admin staff.
Pros
short hours, your kids can go to the school
Cons
no paid summer vacation
not that good a work place. no room for improvement
Warehouse Worker/ warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAAugust 30, 2017
Bad treatment of employees. No room for improvement. No raises on time. The job isn't that hard but it's the environment. I worked there for a long time and feel like I wasted all those years
productive and clean,( every school)
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 8, 2017
I come in helped prepare the meals for the students, I cooked the food and help set it out for the students and took their names and entered them in the computer also cleaned and stocked, I really liked the managers and the way they worked to help us if we needed it. There was nothing too hard but lifting but i always had help. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming in seeing the students and staff.
Pros
working with the children
Cons
the uniforms
Productive and Fun place with Basket Ball Table
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
Recommends
Neutral Outlook
Approves of CEO
I worked at Workplace Options full-time
Pros
I worked with nice people who seemed motivated to do a good job.
Cons
Somewhat stressful (at times) call center
Advice to Management
Pros
free cakes
Cons
Health care a plus plus
Productive work place
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAJune 20, 2017
Preferred Meals is a decent place to work. Not one of my favorites but it pays. It was a weekly pay so that was good. It was pretty clean on and off the production floor as well.
Pros
Weekly pay/every Tuesday
Cons
Cold enviornment/freezers
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2017
Great customer service, consistent work during the Chicago Public Schools year; however, during the summer, work got slow, school budget issues prompted the layoffs of a few contract workers.
Pros
Productive relationships with various schools
Cons
Summer season was very slow
Overwhelming
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, ILJune 14, 2017
A typical day is overwhelming, they do not compensate employees based upon worth and quality of work. The employees they do have wear many hats, and are spread thin. Under appreciated and underpaid.
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2017
My time there was very good. I enjoy working with my co workers.off on the weekends the work was not hard I improve my math skills working there and I learned how to drive all the warehouse equipment
Productive and good place to work.
Stocker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 28, 2017
Prepared, processed, and packaged jobs order for shipment to 17 schools and assisted driver with deliveries. I learned a lot about warehouse operations and being a team player. The work culture was relaxed and not stressful. I can not think of a part of this job that I didn't like. The most enjoyable part was reporting to work every scheduled day and doing a job that I enjoyed.
i enjoy my job and the people i work with
Route Sales/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2017
my direct supervisor makes our job fun and pleasant place to work. our benefit package is reasonable. Our pay rate is a bit low for the requirements of the job.
benefits
Cons
pay scale
Fast paced good work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAFebruary 17, 2017
I enjoyed working here, it is very diverse and multicultured. Constant work through the day always fast paced so there is never a dull moment. Had a lot of fun there I'd recommend the job for others to work.
A productive place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 14, 2017
A productive place to work having knowledge that the food was being shipped to various schools. They also provided meals for different airlines. My job concisted if checking the weight . making sure there were no metal particles in packages
Pros
Knowing that the children would be recieving nutrious meals
Cons
Working in a refrigerated enviroment
Sever (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2016
Friendly work environment,fun loving clean .i have only been here a week so I will see if any changes.but from what I see it's a great place to work.plus I love kids.
Nepotism at it's finest, everyone!
General Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, ILSeptember 13, 2016
Terrible company to work for... run by crooks. Family hires uneducated and unqualified family and gives them raises over everyone else. No company culture. Constant gossip and no one is given the tools they need to succeed. If you want to watch your career die, work for Preferred Meals!
Good working environment, Great potential for growth where staff was committed to the success of the company.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
The transition from Food Service Professionals was a success and I enjoyed the team building experience and collaborative efforts to learn from each other. Learning new methods and building a new teams and management styles was the most enjoyable part of the job.

The hardest part of the job was learning that the company was going to close.
Pros
Learning new methodologies
Cons
Consistency
Poor company
Lunch Aide (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 4, 2016
Preferred meals is a horrible company to work for. i worked there for 7 years. They have bad/poor management skills. The HR department is very unprofessional. they talk very badly to you. They don't give you raises they dont come to the schools to help out with anything. They lack in communication skills.The only time u see the manager is when the state is coming to audit them. They dont do their paper work on time. I work there for 7 years starting@ 7.40 and left @8 dollars. Do not work there thinking u are going to grow in the company. U won't. They work the mess out of u for years an then let u go with out a thank u. Plus the kids always complaining about how nasty the food is. Don't believe me just watch take the job an see just how unprofessional the company is, u won't be happy. Dont stay as long as i did, learn from this tip!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Meals. Our community is ready to answer.