Premera Blue Cross Employee Reviews in United States

Great environment to work in, great communication between management and employees
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAJuly 17, 2016
A typical day was screening phone calls, reviewing pended items to verify whether they were complete, and developing customer service reps to provide grade A customer service. I learned that healthcare is not as complicated as I thought it was. Management allowed me to handle my duties at a pace that I wanted. This gave me the freedom to prioritize my work and handle things without being micromanaged. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with doctors on issues that they had with Premera. The most rewarding part of the job was being able to know that I was making a difference in processing peoples claims.
Pros
Easy access to management, management took the time to develop those around them
Cons
Limited amount of information that you could learned
Excellent Benefits/Great Location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAJune 26, 2016
Overall it was a great company. The benefits and location were great. The only shortfall was the 30 minute lunch break and because of the cafeteria lines just to get a soda consumed most of it.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short Lunch break
Overall helpful and supportive environment
Claims Processing Temp (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 10, 2016
I would come in and sit at my desk and pull up my programs for inputting insurance data. I worked claims by checking important criteria and inputting given information into our systems. I would continue working on claims until I ran out and would then switch to a different department's claims. I learned how to be accountable to my claims teammates, how to work with multiple programs, how to look up my own answers and how to audit my worked claims. Management was beyond helpful and seemed to really appreciate their workers by giving us rewards and allowing us to choose our hours (based on an 8 hour day). The hardest part of the job was acclimating to different claim information and switching back and forth between departments. This process became easier as time went on and allowed me to be more flexible and gain more knowledge as a result.The most enjoyable aspect was being allowed more independence to perform my own audits and find solutions for myself.
Pros
Nice, supportive coworkers, potlucks, free lunches, flexible hours
Good compensation and benefits
Provider Network Executive (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAJune 4, 2016
Good place to work. Great health benefits and salaried employees usually have flexibility in their schedules. My co-workers are the best! Company very involved in a variety of community fundraisers to support needs of children and families throughout Snohomish County and major health research.
Good Company / Great Benefits
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAJune 3, 2016
Premera is a good company to work for an allows you to provide impact and still retain work/life balance. Currently, there is a lot of change in the company as it progresses with the industry.

The company has a large focus on the customer and being responsive to the change industry. If you are not excited about working through change, this may not be the place for you.

Within Premera, there are some roles where you can work from home, others require more presence on campus due to their collaborative nature.

CEO is newer and I don't have any measurable feedback.
Pros
Work from home, great medical/dental benefits, work life balance, 401K, great people
Cons
Old mentality leadership still exists in some areas
standard place of employment
Information Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAMay 30, 2016
The insurance business is growing but having a lot of issues. Premera is dealing with those issues well. Management needs to do more to keep the employees in the loop.
Great company
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Lake TerraceMay 24, 2016
The company is a great company but in my department, the team lead was not supportive and would tell each of us that no one liked us and that the other nurses were reporting us for things that we didn't even do. She was very negative about our work, even though the manager would tell us that we were doing a great job !
great company
Senior Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAMay 22, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits, co-worker can be great to work with as a team. At time the members van be the hardest part of the job.
A pretty good place to work
Strategic Operations Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAMay 17, 2016
A pretty good place to work. Good location, dedicated employees - but some have been around too long and are resistant to change. Hardest part of the job is that it can be quite mundane and repetitive. Most enjoyable part of the job is trying to make things better for members despite complex systems, products, policies, etc.
Systems / Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAApril 25, 2016
Premera's IT department is 99% project driven. As a result, there are few resources (people) available to maintain technologies implemented from previous projects. New technologies and procedures are often inadequately documented.
Pros
Competive pay
Cons
System integrity must give way to new projects
To many poor leaders
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 14, 2016
Very poorly managed company. Lots of processes but little planning. IT was starved for years and is not valued. Many titles and very hierarchical. Very poor innovation culture.

Several layoffs in the time I was there. I finally had to leave myself.
Pros
Work Life
Cons
Poor leadership
Employees were in my wedding.
Document Scanner (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAApril 14, 2016
Scanning insurence claims, filing insurance claims and retriving claims. Learned how the insurance policy works and all of the levels that it takes to file a claim. Management always had their door open and time to talk loved management. Co-workers were fun to be around and willing to help teach me with anything that I didn't understand. Ther was no hard parto of the job liked everything and liked all the challanges that they gave me. Most enjoyable part of the job was being chanlged
Pros
Everything was awesom
Cons
Sr Production Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043April 11, 2016
I worked from home the last 4 years due to building size and number of employees. It was up to each manager how often you could work from home. I went into the office once every other week. Fro communication we used phones, email, and IM.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Cafeteria too expensive and not very good food.
Overall a great place to work
Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Lake Terrace, WaMarch 31, 2016
Flex scheduling
Insurance requirements
Great managers
Helpful Coworkers
Being agile
The employees
Overall a great work experience and everyone works together as a team to accomplish a better member experience
Premera is a great place to work!
Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 24, 2016
I loved my job as Community Relations Coordinator for Premera Blue Cross. My position was eliminated as part of a company-wide downsizing. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to work for a company that is compassionate and empowering!
Team Work
Created Windows Installer (Current Employee) –  Mountlate Terrace, WAMarch 17, 2016
Awesome, team here at Premera Blue Cross. Each day has different challenges which I like. Creating packages and consulting with stakeholders, to ensure the package creation has been sign off and validated, and tested for final production phase.
Pros
Free Coffee every first monday of the month
Cons
Massagest onsite, free workout events in campus
Micro Managed Mayhem
CSR NAOII midsize (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace WAMarch 16, 2016
If you like being Micro Managed, this job is for you.
If you like doing "call center 101" this job is for you
Co Workers were good.
Mid Level Management is way too large.
I have never seen a larger group of truly unmotivated people.
Pros
full ride insurance
Cons
Micro Managed Mayhem
ENROLLMENT ANALYST - MEMBERSHIP & BILLING (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAMarch 14, 2016
Casual atmosphere. Focus on Customer Service. Training provided and office procedures and methods available to guide you. Great cafe for breakfast and lunch.
A great place to work
Care Coordinator Retrospective Review (Current Employee) –  Mount Lake Terrace, VAMarch 13, 2016
I work out of my home which is a great asset for me. I have been given autonomy in my work, and believe that leadership trusts my ability to do a good job with little oversight. The culture encourages creativity encouraging ideas as to how to improve our customers experience. The most enjoyable part of the job are my wonderful co-workers who are supportive and work together as a team
Pros
telecommuting
Cons
working from home can feel isolating at times
Productive and innovative Workplace
Created Windows Installer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 2, 2016
Premera is one of the leading IT industry in terms of health care. It provides great work life balance and innovation is the goal of Premera.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
NA