Premier Bankcard Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Terrible place to work
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Huron, SDAugust 26, 2017
Poor management with poor communication. Does not treat employees fairly. Benefits are great except health insurance which is extremely expensive. Employees deal with mice, bats, equipment that is over 17 years old. Management treats employees unfairly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits, management, communication, facilities
great company
Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDAugust 4, 2017
Great Company however, it is hard to advance with time slot restrictions. Working nights is not always an option for everyone with children. Human resources is horrible with assistance after employment has ended.
Productive and fun workplace
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 3, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about Premier. I'm just looking to get out of call centers. Looking for something new. Other than that, it's a great place to work with great benefits.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Healthcare is a bit expensive
Good Training
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJune 28, 2017
I learned a lot about banking and credit cards. I had great support from my supervisor in reaching my goals and the steps I needed to take. The hardest part about the job was poor website troubleshooting tips to give customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to different people all day.
Prestigious credit card company that genuinely cares for customers and employees
Customer Service Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJune 20, 2017
First Premier and Premier Bankcard are together great places to develop and use strong customer service skills, achieve team goals, and provide credit service for people across the country who struggle in today's economy to build credit and achieve their dreams. Premier not only cares about helping customers build their credit and manage their finances, but they also care very deeply about taking great care of their employees and the communities surrounding their branches. Premier believes change is possible when we take care of each other and work together.
Pros
Great incentives, excellent benefits, fun team outings, and positive work environment
Cons
Sometimes, circumstances or policies make it hard to help/please everyone
Stressful, New, Fun
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 17, 2017
It was very stressful haha. But i loved the money i was making and the Monday-Thursday hours and every other weekend. I had great hours during the daytime.
Pros
Breaks, Gifts, Bids
Cons
Stress
horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMay 8, 2017
Have horrible managers. They don't follow up on reports placed unless the word lawsuit is following their complaints. Unsafe environment. pay is good but its not worth the headaches.
Nice Place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEApril 24, 2017
Enjoyed working at Premier Bank Card, I really like the environment provided by the management staff. I also enjoyed all the benefits provided by this company.
Pros
Great Bonuses
Cons
Productive and fast paced.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDApril 20, 2017
I learned to assist customers in an enjoyable work environment. The management was very helpful when needed. A typical day at work consisted of sitting at a desk for eight hours on the phone.
Typical Callcenter
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 11, 2017
The people that work at Premier are great but working in the subprime credit card market is stressful. The fees they include on their cards are very high, which results in a lot of angry and confused customers calling you at the call center. Overall, its a good job, that is very goal oriented, but the subprime market and pressure can cause stress
Pros
Fair pay, desk job
Cons
Angry calls
Fun and productive workspace!
Collections Representative I - III (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 1, 2017
As a Credit Card Collections Representative I communicated with past-due customers with various levels of delinquency on a daily basis via an auto-dial system on inbound and outbound calls. I enjoyed working with a large variety of people and financial situations, and having the ability to offer them solutions for bringing their accounts up to date, below the credit limit and paid in full.
I work best under pressure and love the challenge of achieving and exceeding monthly standard goals. Multi-tasking, working independently, concentration and attention to even the smallest details have helped me excel in my positions. I began working for Premier Bank Card in Huron, South Dakota in 2014 right after I graduated high school and was quickly promoted from a Rep. 1 position to a Rep. 2 position and was granted my request to transfer to the Premier Bank Card location in Sioux Falls due to my strong work ethic.  In Sioux Falls I was soon promoted to the highest ranking position in front-end collections: a Rep. 3.
The world of collections is constantly changing, which constantly keeps me on my toes and vigilant in my work. I enjoy learning new regulations, programs, and technology and working with new customers and financial situations on each call. In credit card collections I gained experience in negotiations, de-escalations, processing payments, account maintenance, settlements, bankruptcies, deceased, general inquiries, fraud complaints, alternative payment programs, credit bureau disputes and more.
I resigned from my position at Premier Bank Card to pursue alternative employment
  more... opportunities with Wells Fargo Educational Financial Services.  less
Pros
Incentive
Cons
None!
ok to work for
collection/2006-2015 (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDFebruary 24, 2017
a work day at premier is the same everyday come to work make calls ask for pymt then start over agian
i handle the portfolio of 500 accounts and try to covert them to pay
Call Center Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 21, 2017
Low morale, employees are not backed by managers, uneducated and unpleasant customers. Good pay and decent benefits.
great job
Retention/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 6, 2017
cool job nice and freindly people the company cares about you and there is room for growth in the company workplace was very clean
Premier
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDJanuary 5, 2017
I didnt like working at a call center place. The people was very rude. But i do have to say it is good money. For people that can sit on the phpne all day dat will be a good job for you.
terrible place to work
Collections Rep III (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDJanuary 1, 2017
It is a sub prime credit card so what else can you expect??? You are working in a credit card mill. Calling hundreds of customers a day.. many who call you names and hang up on you. After awhile you start to agree that the ridiculous fees are not worth it. Find a better credit card. That won't be hard.
Pros
meh
Cons
everything
Fun to work
Sales/Retention Rep II (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 5, 2016
It fun to work with Premier Bankcard--the management and co-workers are all friendly. But employee benefit is not encouraging. There is no program for tuition reimbursement.
N/a
Sales/Retention (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDDecember 1, 2016
Excellent place to work. Great people and working environment. Love coming to work everyday because that's the only way to make good paycheck.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun and Energetic
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 14, 2016
Great company to work for that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow with good pay. The company does a lot for the community of Sioux Falls and the state of South Dakota, always promoting growth.
Productive fun work place
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 29, 2016
Awesome,fun and informative. Great place to work for. Positive rewarding environment. Great place for job advancement.
Pros
Free lunches, positive environment and great work place.
Cons
Short breaks