PREMIER CARE Employee Reviews

Good gym
Direct Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2016
Since I worked part time I did not see a lot of activities at Premier Care. Over all the facilities was a nice place to work.
Awesome
Branch Manager/Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLApril 2, 2016
Awesome place to work, Everyone is so nice and I just love coming into work everyday, I really enjoy speaking with all the patients and it is just a great office. Everyone is super friendly. Love it. Love my job.
Productive, fast paced eviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYAugust 5, 2015
High fast paced environment. excellent opportunity to work for them. Large amount of paper work, phone calls but all is worth it when you go above and beyond to help all patients and meet their needs.
I learned alot from this company. It was my first job out of clinicals
Medical Assistant for an Orthopedic Surgeon (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2015
Medical Assistant for an Orthopedic Surgeon
Duties include: vitals, weight and height, assist with injections, chart ordering, handling phone calls, gathering needed medical supplies, prep exam rooms
Productive workplace with excellent rapport and friendly staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynbrook, NYJune 6, 2015
Very busy urgent care with great management. Very encouraging and positive co-workers who worked on a team well. I learned how to multi-task as well as prioritize my tasks. Time-management was another skill I learned over time in this establishment. The hardest part of the job was flu season, where we saw nearly 200 patients a day. Very enjoyable place to work, even under all of the pressure. Not a place for everyone - great place for gaining experience. Doctors were exceptional.
Pros
great benefits
Fast paced workplace
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, Fl.June 2, 2015
I've learned to work at a fast pace and multi-task.
- You do have to deal with happy and unhappy people all day but that's part of any job.
- Co-workers are great, and the longer you are here the faster and more productive you get.
fun workplace
Consultant medical record (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 12, 2014
It is a fun place to work. people are so social .All it is about a good customer services. we are working as a team.I learned to be patient a not judging people by the cover. the most enjoyable part of the job is my relationship with my coworkers.
Nursing staff was very unlikeable
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 8, 2014
Start time was 5 am, and ending at 2pm . Nursing staff were not very friendly.
Pros
a learning experience
Cons
did not totally agree with medication regimen.
Efficent urgent care center with great doctors.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMay 9, 2014
At Premier care of Carle place the patients are always our number one priority. We try our best to make there visit as easy, quick, and pleasant as possible. New patients fill out an easy demographics sheet, give us insurance cards, and they will be in a room in less then 10 minutes. Existing patients just come, sign in and are called in before they can get comfortable. The doctors, as well as medical assistants and X-ray technicians are always friendly and thorough. Our patients are always leaving satisfied and feel there needs have been met during there visit. We have a follow up team call them the next day regarding there visit, and if they had any other questions for the doctor, they would be answered. I very much enjoy working there and love the staff that I'm with on a daily basis, but I am looking for a change of pace due to long hours and slower business days. As well as a better income for my qualifications.
Pros
easy, fun people to work with
Cons
long days, not enough pay
All hard work is rewarded monetarily
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maine/New Hampshire/MassachusettsMarch 17, 2014
1099 status
10-14 hour days
Independent consultant
would work over presentations with coworker sometimes daily
hardest part of job - 60.000-65,000 miles/year
positive effect on other peoples lives & income potential
One direct manager-very non involved with low level of communication
Pros
1099 status
Cons
no benefits
Productive workplace Great co-workers
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Walk in greet the doctor begin loading the computers, Learned how to deal with new EMR programs and meds. Management there was great could better in some places. The co workers were great help! any time i needed help they were right there.
Pros
hour lunches, snacks shared between us girls
Cons
no heater, broken front door stayed cold in office
You get paid as much as you work.
U.S. Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 17, 2013
I will say that this company has treated me quite will. I have seen a lot come and go over the years, but they had lost the will to progress. I have learned a career here. It is a basic entry level job at a large company and like any large company you must be talented to be seen. Co-workers are great for the most part and whoever isn't pleasant will be weeded out soon enough. One of the things that really bother me about this place is that they took away key benefits that were small to the company but HUGE to the employees. A good example is a paid lunch break. Small in the grand scheme of things for a Medium-Largish company, but huge to a blue collar worker and makes all the difference in moral. They also took away holiday bonus, give no raises no matter how small, and don't match on 401k. Its a poor job market in Florida & they know it. Management does have some issues and they seem to be stuck in their "old ways" and not interested in change due to fear of their own job. Management does pass a lot of blame instead of actually taking time and training their employees which is partially why they have such a large turnover rate. The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward of knowing that you are helping people.
Pros
helping people, job security.
Cons
management, loss of benefits.
great experience
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Levittown, NYNovember 13, 2013
Worked as a medical assistant for my externship. It was a wonderful experience to learn and do hands on procedures.
An Experience
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Daytona, FloridaAugust 23, 2013
I wanted to see what a call center was about.
I have.
I will not go into further detail
Cons
many-noise is one
very busy
xray tech (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 24, 2013
very nice place to work
16 ortho doc's very fast pace work
monday thru friday
no weekends or holidays
very good people to work for
Office (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2013
This was a very good company to work for. I was resposible for data entry, taking referrals, verifying insurance. Learned how to submit oasis to the state. Management was really nice to work for. Most of my co-workers was easy to get along with. Tallking to insurance companies to verify insurance was sometimes diffulcult. Talking to our clients on the phone.
Pros
benefits was great
Cons
insurance was good but it was high
Poor Management, Poor Benefits, Poor Working Hours
Staff (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 17, 2013
I worked for Premier Care for a little over 2 years. The working hours were almost impossible to work if you have a family. In order to he at work by 4:45am, you have to go to bed with the sun still out. We worked every holiday and weekends. The pay was average, nothing to brag about. The management was awful. The local management rarely worked every scheduled day; always called off or came in late due to headaches. The owners never came to check on anything; they lived in Ohio. Staff turnover rate was so high it was difficult for any counselor to help stabilize the patients. Insurance was so expensive that nobody could afford it.
Pros
not many
Cons
the staff, management, hours, pay, benefits
Welcome to the Corporate World
customer service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2013
learned new computer programs at fast paced, learned a different aspect to corporate world. Each day was different, for the most part repetition. Management not so polite and not approachable. coworkers were very nice. Lots of favoritism within the company. The hardest part of the job was learning new concepts without help
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
environment
Excellent choice to work and assist addicts
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 1, 2012
This job was rewarding and enjoyable. The only issue with working at Premier Care, there was not any health, dental, or life insurance benefits. I would have loved to stay at Premier Care and make a career assiting addicts.
Pros
administration, employees, treatment plans, admissions
Cons
absolutely no health, dental, life insurace or retirement