Premier Designs Jewelry Employee Reviews

love this company
Independant Distributor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 12, 2016
You get to work for a company that is totally debt free and built on biblical principles. This company desires to serve others. You work the hours that you desire. The jeweler and hostess benefits are wonderful.
Amazing company with endless opportunities!
INDEPENDENT JEWELRY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 26, 2016
The more you work for the business, the more it works for you. I love all of the trainings and camaraderie between other jewelers. It is very fun, but takes a lot of self discipline.
Pros
make your own schedule, good pay
Cons
self-motivated, learning curves
Great Company to work for
One Diamond Designer (Current Employee) –  Forest Hill, MDOctober 11, 2016
This company treats their jewelers so well! For a Direct Sales business, you cannot beat their compensation plan! This job gives you the ability to balance your work and personal life. If you are looking for a direct selling company, hands down, Premier is the best!
Premier Designs Jewelry
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 16, 2016
No territories, no quotas, 50% of sales, freedom to be your own boss, many opportunities to meet new people!

Currently new to the business, typical day is based on your personal schedule. You learn from training videos and your up line. Management is also based on your personal preferences. The most difficult part of this job is booking shows, but the process is made easier via social media. The most enjoyable part is being able to have freedom and meeting new people!
Pros
Being your own boss.
Cons
Booking shows.
Great company
Business Owner/Jeweler (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2016
Premier Designs has afforded me the opportunity to work from home to manage my own business. Their focus on service to God and people are very important to me.
Independent Sales
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioSeptember 15, 2015
I loved the product that I sold, but independent sales is not for me. My customers were wonderful but the leadership was lacking. Hardest part of the job was drumming up business.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
Oversaturated field
Personable, professional and love interacting with people!
Direct Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJuly 12, 2015
I directed home sales parties for jewelry. Met many new friends and made a small salary. Parties are difficult to book. Night travels and hours not conducive to a part time job.
Pros
very part time job in food distribution desired
Great company that you can create your own schedule and earn excellent money
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Been with this company for 11 years and it is a business that works around your schedule and great salary potential. This is a two income business that allows you to make commission when you build your team.
Building Relationships
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Building relationships is crucial to being successful in any home sales environment. Being referred by someone that was pleased with my services to someone else and so on and so forth is how this type of environment sustains longevity. Small business environments require a lot of focus and dedication. Making contacts and creating a good relationship is very rewarding for both me and my customer.
Fun energetic work enviroment.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vassar MichiganMay 19, 2014
A typical day at work for me isn't so typical. It's always different. I am my own boss so I schedule my jewelry shows. I work on paperwork and file my receipts and things like that right from home. Using a computer is necessary to order jewelry and such. I have learned a lot from the short time I've been with premier. I really enjoy working with a big variety of people. My co workers are my fellow jewelers. I don't see them too often but once in a while we all meet up and have a training to help each other out. The hardest part of my job is getting customers to book shows with me. I enjoy everything about working for premier but my favorite is probably going to a customers house and setting up all my jewelry!
Pros
I am my own boss.
Cons
Hard to book shows sometimes.
Excellent Direct Sales company with excellent Phillosophy and purpose
Independent Distributor (Current Employee) –  College Grove, TNFebruary 19, 2014
Premier Designs is the cream of the crop in the DSA providing many opportunities to learn sales, marketing, team building, management as well as continuous personal growth. The flexibility to work from home while growing a successful thriving business is priceless.
Work from Home
Direct Sales Person/Self-employed (Former Employee) –  Online Sales while living in Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 6, 2014
If you can afford the kits each season, can attend all the training, and you have a charismatic personality, you can earn a good living with Premier Designs, INC's work from home Direct Sales Company. You have to know that the more jewelry shows you have per month, the more income you'll have. Income is by Commission only.
Premier was founded by Andy Horner who had already made his way in life but wanted to give to single mothers so they could earn a decent income and still stay home and raise their own children. The company was founded in 1985 and is debt free.
You have to have a $1200 show in order to get a commission check from Premier of $600 which I never managed to do so. All I actually earned was 50% of each sale $50 and above and some months there was no income at all while other months I cleared after Jeweler's fees and give-aways from my own pocket, less than a $100 for one month.
There aren't actual "co-workers" as in a company you go to work for on a day-to-day basis.
The hardest part is getting out every day and basically selling yourself to a potential customer. Wearing the jewelry, 6 pieces, daily: necklace, earrings, 2 rings, watch and bracelet all matching. You are your own advertisement.
There are websites now that Premier has set up for Hostesses to view catalogs and the Jeweler/Designer has to pay for these each month; it comes out of your account you set up when you start in business.
I am not a charismatic person and though I love jewelry, I don't always feel up to wearing so much of it. Also, all my sales were mainly online and Premier wants their
  more... Jewelers/Designers to get in the homes of Hostesses and have shows: "See the need; meet the need."
The most enjoyable part of being a self-employed Direct Sales Person is that it pulled me out of my comfort zone and forced me to get out and meet new people. Of course, having Premier's fabulous jewelry to wear was a huge plus too.
Pros
Jewelry
Cons
Not everyone's cut out for Direct Sales
Work from home
Independent Distributor- Team Builder (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2013
Premier Designs has provided me a source of income while being able to play the role of a stay at home mother to my 4 children.
I love interacting with the public and working in the sales industry.
Be your own boss!
Jeweler (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 10, 2013
How can you not like playing with jewelry and being your own boss!
Fun to work with other ladies
Jeweler (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 26, 2013
This is a direct sales job. This has helped me learn to connect with customers and make them feel confident. I have learned what it takes to manage a business as far as sales and profit. I do not have anyone that works along side of me, but there are other consultants that I have regular meetings with. We like to share our success and bounce ideas off of each other.
The hardest part of my job would be to convince other people to purchase a product in order for me to make a sale. Sometimes it takes a lot of demonstration and specific examples of what can be done with the product, and how it will be beneficial to them. However, I love being able to work with people directly. I make a lot of new friends by meeting several people each day that I work.
Pros
Making large sums of money in a matter of a few hours
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Company with great core values and quality products.
Independent Distributor/Jeweler (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2013
Excellent opportunity for women of all ages. Product sales through home parties and direct sales. Set own hours. No quotas. No territories. Great leadership and wonderful product. Best part of job is serving others, meeting new people and having a ton of fun! Hardest part is not eating too many brownies.
great company to work with and lean how to sell jewelry
Jewelry Sales (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXMarch 25, 2013
host home shows and teach woman how to accessorize. it is a lot of fun getting to know all of the woman and it is an amazing company to work for!!!
Great Place to work
Independent Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 19, 2013
I was an Independent Jewelry Consultant for 7 yrs. This was a christan company. Everything we did was to find a way for people not only to have what they wanted, but gave them a chance to work at there own pace while providing them with a good enviroment and work ethics. It was up to the individual as to how there business progressed.
Pros
taught others how to benifit themselves better
Cons
i don't have anything to say on this matter
Flexible schedule
Independent Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 21, 2013
I was a Independent Jewelry Representative. I would go into homes and present Premier's jewelry line and help the ladies select accessories to best fit their lifestyle. It was a very fun job and I could work how much I wanted and when I wanted. The only downside is finding customers who want to host a party. Everyone loved the jewelry and the hostess benefits were excellent.
Fun, faith-based company with excellent incentives
Independent Distributor (Current Employee) –  Sistersville, WVDecember 9, 2012
Premier is a faith-based company with 27 years as a direct sales company. I make my own hours. I do not have any quotas. I do not have any territory. I do not have to keep inventory. I make a 50% commission on sales. I have an amazing team that is supportive and fun. I have an awesome product that is guaranteed and easy to sell. Premier has a friendly and knowledgeable support staff. Premier has a generous Hostess Plan that greatly enhances a jewelers ability to market the product. There are many useful resources at our disposal to aid in our business. Training is available often to increase our knowledge and skills in sales. I get to meet and develop relationships with wonderful ladies. I have a quality product that I am proud to promote. Opportunity for advancement and awards is given to all levels of the organization. Recognition is timely and generous. Frequent opportunities to earn free and discounted product for use in sales. Customer Service is timely and professional. Delivery is timely. All orders are sorted by customer and delivered directly to the hostess in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Designs Jewelry. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7