Premier Health Partners Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place to work
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 27, 2016
If you are a biller, Beware. You will be asked to code without looking at documentation. Ethics go by the wayside, anything to spit out charges fast. Rules are made and changed on a daily basis. Rules are not the same for everyone. Discrimination everyday. HIPPA violations everyday. The CBO is incredibly dysfunctional, money is written off in leu of working accounts. Do not work there!
Pros
Comfortable chairs, great people temporarily.
Cons
Professionals do not manage this place
Stay clear of the central billing office!
Medical Coder/Biller (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 15, 2016
If you are a medical coder I would stay clear of the CBO. Management doesn't support their talented coders in advancing their education or value the knowledge that they have. I was consistently asked to put a diagnosis on a claim that the patient didn't have just to get the bill paid and reprimanded when I wouldn't do it. That's fraud and I wasn't going to do that. Also, one AR manager there only got the job because she is friends with the director and has no clue about billing practices or even what a coder does.

I've heard the hospital coding environment is completely different though, so coders go that route instead!
Pros
Flexible hours
Average work place
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, OHJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day in the back office of a surgeons office. Busy, crazy, frustrating. never ending paperwork and phone calls. All in and all, as long as the doctor you're working with doesn't take out thier frustrations, Normal clinic experience.
Management, all corporate. Always pushing numbers.
Co-workers, well that depends on whom you work with! I worked with a bully for 1.5 yeas, did the managment do anything to her? NO. Now I have a few really great co-works and a few not so great.
The hardest part of the job? Wow, dealing with grumpy co-workers and doctors.
Most enjoyable, working with good co-worker and the patients. Helping people.
Hospitals
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 13, 2016
You never knew how your day was going to be. One day your fully staffed on your floor the next day its you alone with 24 patients. I learned time mgt. I had a few great co-worker. I also worked with some RN's who forgot how it was to be an PCT. The hardest part of my job was working short staffed and having to do the work of get vital signs, toileting, answering call lights, checking sugars, and giving baths alone with zero help. The most enjoyable part was when we were staff according to the ratios it was a great place to be. The pay is well worth the work.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Short staff
What I learned
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 8, 2016
I have learned multiple different skills in the years I've been employed and have been in school. My work days can be stressful due to patient load and their families. Keeping a positive attitude helps me get through my day and striving to provide the best patient care as possible.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Long shifts
Premier/UVPC is terrible all over.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHNovember 6, 2015
Management from all I experienced was bad and above them bad too. They play favorites, not helpful in the office, will have you running in circles while they sit in their office or leave early for "meetings". They mess up your pay they don't pay you your PTO once you don't work there they claim its in a category you don't get paid out to. Not to mention pay is horrible overall and they don't give raises. I'm sure the people in the corporate offices get raises while the hardworking hands on people get nothing for their hard work. Do not go with this company there are plenty of caring companies to work for and Premier is not one.
Pros
None-some good co-workers
Cons
Everything, childish, lazy managers. Pay-no incentives.
Experenice
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 22, 2015
Learned while working in Premier Health Partners experiences, a great work ethics, admitting and discharging people different culture's background . As a PCT (Patient Care Technician ) job skills is to obtain vitals' every four hours, check up on patient's every two hours make sure patients are safe ,comfortable, and pain free.
Respiratory Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 26, 2015
Respiratory Team Leader

The most enjoyable part of the job has been working with staff in developing clinical experience and improving patient care. I enjoyed working with trauma patients in our ETC. I expanded on my interpersonal, leadership, troubleshooting, and creative skills as Team Leader. A typical day at work as Team Leader isn't typical; it is dynamic and prone to crisis within seconds. It has helped me balance and work well in dynamic, stressful situations.
Health care organization that helps residence of the city
Campus Police Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 27, 2015
I work 3/12 hour days and 1/6 hour day a week; I have been a dispatcher for many years and enjoy what I have learned from my experience.
Management does their best to keep a healthy work place and my coworkers, from dispatchers to officers are a great group of individuals to work with.
My experience as a dispatcher in Chicago taught me how to multitask and work under pressure without losing focus on the task at hand.
I love being a dispatcher and want to continue my career in the field of emergency management.
Pros
work location
Cons
no official breaks
Corporate Office
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 20, 2014
A typical workday for me is one where i am on the telphone 85 of the day. The other 15% I am dealing with multiple personalities that don't always make it easy to have an enjoyable day. There are a lot of young people and they haven't reached the maturity level that says this is a workplace and there should be no high school like drama around here. The management team has gotten to a point where they don't know wat to do or how to handle some of these people so they do nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to talk with different patients and being able to initiate certain things that can help make our job easier and move smoother.
Brookville Family Care
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brookville OhioNovember 29, 2014
Horrible experience all the way around. Whole set up of office was weird...old file cabinets..strange seating for receptionists and unpleasant disgruntled employees for the most part. Manager of this office was lazy to say the least and was clicky with certain employees.
Pros
some co workers were pleasant
Cons
all cons. they couldn't keep a regular staff and used alot of floaters
former emp medical billing specialist
medical billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfied Road PhysiciansNovember 22, 2014
After 15 years of dedicated service they terminated me on hear say from another employee that had only been there 3 months. My opinion of them can not even be put into words. They do not stand by their most experienced employees
Cons
bad managers and district managers
RN Advance Care
RN Advance Care (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioJuly 15, 2014
Newly hired nurse just off orientation. 3 days working on this unit I was floated to another unit...everyday I'm scheduled I'm floated away. Without float compensation. Makes me want to go to another unit or quit. Because I'm not fully confident on my home unit and to have to float seems wrong.
Pros
every third weekend and pay
Cons
floating with no extra pay and too many mandatory in service meetings.
Productive Workplace
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 5, 2013
Atypical day at work would be just to come in and start registering patients, Its a very laid back job. Everyone works hard. Managers are very involved with co- workers. It is a fast paste job. The most enjoyable part is meeting and talking to different people. There is really nothing hard about the job. But if I were to say anything is hard it would be collecting co-pays from patients. I've learned to work as a team better than solo.
Pros
team players, meeting new people, registering patients, meeting quotas or getting numbers.
Cons
collecting co-pays.
An Intense Place to Work
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 3, 2014
I've learned a great deal working here including Epic and Lynx. I've become more adept at adding modifiers.

Management tends to change its mind often, even to the point of changing a command to do something right now and then, within an hour or so, telling us to change the way we were told earlier to do something and to go back and correct everything we completed earlier. Sometimes I wait for weeks before an email is answered . A voice message or 2 or 3 is often ignored or perhaps forgotten. This is frustrating when you are trying to communicate with your boss about your job.

The hardest part is meeting the expectations of management. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to complete a day's work knowing that not just anyone could come in and do what I do.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
sometimes unreasonable management
Management regards employees as cogs in a wheel.
Coding Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 31, 2015
Overworked and treated like serfs. Terrible organization for which to work.

Expected to do assignments on own time. Some good coworkers.
horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookville family care- brookville, ohioSeptember 11, 2014
You will work your behind off and still get sent out the door. Very clicky group and since you're the newbie they are not friendly at all. Horrible experience with both management and doctors.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
horrible management and hostile work enviroment
Premier Health Partners
Case management (Current Employee) –  Dayton OhioJune 24, 2013
After working in an orthopedic medical/surgical unit I had decided to apply for a home health care agency still under the umbrella of Premier Health Partners. I enjoy the day to day interaction with the patients I case manage in their home environment as I work with them to increase their independence at home and decrease the likelihood they will be going back to the hospital. I enjoy the flexible scheduling, the one on one interaction with my patients and the education that Premier has allowed me. The most difficult part of my job is ensuring that my charting is up to the changing standards of Medicare/Medicaid; however we have a department that is responsible to communicating with field clinicians specifically about Medicare/Medicaid paperwork.
Pros
independence, pay, flexibility, one on one time with patients
Cons
limited healthcare, limited paid time off, no increase in compensation as we are paid by unit pay
Great Place to work
AR Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioAugust 5, 2014
Premier Health was a very nice place to work. Comfortable, worked independently well, no managers riding your back. Coworker were team player and got along for the most part. Flex time.
Great way to learn of Healthcare
Privacy/Information Security Intern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 15, 2014
I am learning about HIPAA and other privacy concerns with information security. The leadership has a clear vision and employees are treated well.