Premier Medical Associates

Premier Medical Associates Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
It an interesting mix of duties.
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 12, 2012
A typical day would be answering at least a 100 calls a day from parents wanting medical advice for their sick child or to make an appointment. Also checking them in with insurance verification of type of insurance, and confirming that all pertinent information was correct. Checkout required collecting co-payments and scheduling follow up appointments if needed. We would also assemble new patient charts, filling, pulling charts for the next days visits.

I learned more about how to remain calm in emergency situations. I also learned a lot about children.

My co-workers were all compassionate intelligent people. From the physicians and the nurses right down to the cleaning crew.

The toughest thing about this job was seeing all the little children that were ill. Or the crying little babies when they were finished getting the shots that were required.

The was one part of this job I absolutely adored. Getting to see all the newborns who became our patients.
Pros
seeing happy children at play, the comfortable yet busy work space
Cons
seeing sick children, and worried parents
Relaxed but unstructured environment in billing office
former employee (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 24, 2012
The job itself is fine; however, the department lacks direction, communication and leadership Management lacks true people skills. Motivation and support is only given to a "chosen" few.
Pros
free parking and coworkers
Cons
management and lack of communication and support
Good Company with good health benefits
Medical Records Specialist/Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 12, 2012
Good work / life balance and good health benenfits.

I've learned a lot about all aspects of working with medical records and different types of health insurance
Pros
good health benefits and you learn a lot working there
Cons
little chance of advancement
Fun workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PANovember 12, 2014
I did filing, copying, faxing, pulling charts, checked in patients and delivered charts to the doctors. I enjoyed worked with the patients and doctors. My manager was super and kind. I learned how to check patients in and processing payments.
Great Benefits
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 8, 2015
Needs a lot of development but a good company to work for overall. There is a lot of manipulation that occurs and not enough hands on with the workload, just dictation and demands.
Pros
Health benefits/providers of care
Cons
not enough true teamwork
rewarding, coworkers are team players
EHR scanner (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 8, 2012
Hippa rules, customer service,mangement is great. coworkers are great to work with
Pros
free parking
Cons
n/a