Premier Medical Associates

Premier Medical Associates Employer Reviews

premier
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Salem, NCSeptember 16, 2013
it was a temporary position so I really did not get to know anyone
Self motivated, loves working with people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lady Lake, FLApril 4, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no breaks
Patient intake & documentation,medication review,prescription refills, call backs, blood draws,vaccines,pre op clearances, authorizations,ekg.
The medical field is forever changing, and is always a learning experience which I like.
I enjoy being a part of, helping and changing peoples lives on a daily basis.
Relaxed but unstructured environment in billing office
former employee (Former Employee), Monroeville, PASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: free parking and coworkers
Cons: management and lack of communication and support
The job itself is fine; however, the department lacks direction, communication and leadership Management lacks true people skills. Motivation and support is only given to a "chosen" few.
rewarding, coworkers are team players
EHR scanner (Current Employee), Monroeville, PASeptember 8, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: n/a
Hippa rules, customer service,mangement is great. coworkers are great to work with
A typical day at the office
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Pacific, MOAugust 29, 2012
Pros: had a few free lunches, this setting was a very relaxed enviroment.
Cons: no patients were schuedled till the afternoon, this office had not converted to electronic, was all paper.
A typical day at this office would include from the hours 8am to 11am of preparing files for all patients scheudled in the afternoon from 1pm to 4 pm. If preparing files is completed, then I call patients regarding labs or xrays or suggesting the patient come in for a visit if they have not been seen in a while. I keep rooms stocked and cleaned. I only – more... worked with two other people, the office manager and the office secretary,they are both really nice people and easy to get along with. I would say the hardest part of my job was making sure my vitals were right; I would frequently second guess myself. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the patients, and making sure they are comfortable. I was fortunate not to have a bad experience with any of the patients, I got along with everyone. – less
Good Company with good health benefits
Medical Records Specialist/Practice Assistant (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAAugust 12, 2012
Pros: good health benefits and you learn a lot working there
Cons: little chance of advancement
Good work / life balance and good health benenfits.

I've learned a lot about all aspects of working with medical records and different types of health insurance
It an interesting mix of duties.
Practice Assistant (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 12, 2012
Pros: seeing happy children at play, the comfortable yet busy work space
Cons: seeing sick children, and worried parents
A typical day would be answering at least a 100 calls a day from parents wanting medical advice for their sick child or to make an appointment. Also checking them in with insurance verification of type of insurance, and confirming that all pertinent information was correct. Checkout required collecting co-payments and scheduling follow up appointments – more... if needed. We would also assemble new patient charts, filling, pulling charts for the next days visits.

I learned more about how to remain calm in emergency situations. I also learned a lot about children.

My co-workers were all compassionate intelligent people. From the physicians and the nurses right down to the cleaning crew.

The toughest thing about this job was seeing all the little children that were ill. Or the crying little babies when they were finished getting the shots that were required.

The was one part of this job I absolutely adored. Getting to see all the newborns who became our patients. – less