Premier Medical Associates Employee Reviews

great place to work
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  cumming gaJanuary 13, 2018
great place to work, I enjoyed growing the business.
We grew the business from a solo practice to a 9 provider group.
I was involved in many top level projects such as revenue cycle, hiring physicians and business development
Worse job I ever had
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  1800 SE 17th Street,Ocala,Fl-34471January 5, 2018
Very bad place to work.At hiring table they promised s raise after -3 months training period which never happened in 1 full year.Admisistrative People are very unprofessional and less educated,they will always pull employees leg for no specific reason.Gossiping about employees is a popular subject in that company.They hire 1 people for doing 3 people’s job with minimum pay.
Pros
I mostly worked sitting on my desk and they autograph cut 30 minuets from my check.
Perfect Part Time Job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2017
The usual day starts at 7:30 with a minimum of 8 hours per day. They have 10+ offices but I've worked in only two of them. The pace was balanced but some days are hectic as in any job. They are paying good and I recommended this job for a friend of mine. You can't do anything beside the job if you work full time and in my case I wanted to do medical board examinations and that was the problem but other than that everything was perfect and really nice place to work.
Not a fun place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLNovember 14, 2017
The best thing was the learning experience, however, there is way to much gossip and back-stabbing which has hurt some good employees. There is a very high employee turn-over rate which is indicative of having disgruntled employees.
It was not the friendlies place to work.
Billing and Coding (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLNovember 10, 2017
They out source some of the billing out of the country. So there was a little bit of communication issues. The manager worked from home which made communications a little challenging. The job worked for the time. They no longer do any billing in house, all out source.
Pros
needed experience
Cons
not a job you want to stay for the long haul
Great Place To Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 26, 2017
Such a wonderful office with great staff. The docs are amazing and very funny. This office cares about their patients and staff. It's so refreshing to see that good customer service is still alive and well.
Pros
Great Staff, Management is wonderful
Very stressful. Not much value for long time employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PA 15146July 18, 2017
I would not recommend. Not much room for advancement. Very hard to work for. The schedule was not flexible. There are alot of temps working there. Only good thing is the doctors.
Productive work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2017
Schedules are normally packed with patients.
Ive learned about new diagnosis's and how to treat them.
team work is the most important aspect of this job as well as communication.
Great starting position
RN (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 27, 2017
Premier is a great place to work at when starting out in your medical career. The co-workers are friendly. The company is committed to their patients.
Cons
little career advancement
Doctors were easy to work with
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, PASeptember 29, 2016
busy fast paced office, answering phones, scheduling appointments
referrals and authorizations.

There was a big turnover with Premier managers in the beginning.
Liked it but had to leave
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 1, 2016
I loved my job as a technician, but due to the demands of my family at home I was unable to dedicate the 40 hours a week that the job required. There's a lot of extra tasks assigned to the technicians that I felt could have been distributed to the manager and not to the techs who are busy most of the day. Especially on the evening shift, since there's only one person.
Overall, not a bad lab to work in. It's small so there isn't a lot of pressure to rush. However, no variety in day to day tasks.
Pros
Great benefits package, not too stressful, good pay
Cons
The evening tech is the only tech at night, not an easy schedule if you have children, not a lot of room to advance
Volatile and stressful
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, PAJune 19, 2016
The turn over is high due to low pay and high unachieveable expectations. Senior management and admin don't care about the employees. My manager tries to get us raises but is always told no, she does a great job but is just as frustrated as everyone else. Managers are afraid to speak up because of their supervisor who screams at them. I left for a peaceful work environment.
Cons
Salary and stress
Great Benefits
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 8, 2015
Needs a lot of development but a good company to work for overall. There is a lot of manipulation that occurs and not enough hands on with the workload, just dictation and demands.
Pros
Health benefits/providers of care
Cons
not enough true teamwork
Fun workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PANovember 12, 2014
I did filing, copying, faxing, pulling charts, checked in patients and delivered charts to the doctors. I enjoyed worked with the patients and doctors. My manager was super and kind. I learned how to check patients in and processing payments.
Relaxed but unstructured environment in billing office
former employee (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 24, 2012
The job itself is fine; however, the department lacks direction, communication and leadership Management lacks true people skills. Motivation and support is only given to a "chosen" few.
Pros
free parking and coworkers
Cons
management and lack of communication and support
rewarding, coworkers are team players
EHR scanner (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 8, 2012
Hippa rules, customer service,mangement is great. coworkers are great to work with
Pros
free parking
Cons
n/a
Good Company with good health benefits
Medical Records Specialist/Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 12, 2012
Good work / life balance and good health benenfits.

I've learned a lot about all aspects of working with medical records and different types of health insurance
Pros
good health benefits and you learn a lot working there
Cons
little chance of advancement
It an interesting mix of duties.
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 12, 2012
A typical day would be answering at least a 100 calls a day from parents wanting medical advice for their sick child or to make an appointment. Also checking them in with insurance verification of type of insurance, and confirming that all pertinent information was correct. Checkout required collecting co-payments and scheduling follow up appointments if needed. We would also assemble new patient charts, filling, pulling charts for the next days visits.

I learned more about how to remain calm in emergency situations. I also learned a lot about children.

My co-workers were all compassionate intelligent people. From the physicians and the nurses right down to the cleaning crew.

The toughest thing about this job was seeing all the little children that were ill. Or the crying little babies when they were finished getting the shots that were required.

The was one part of this job I absolutely adored. Getting to see all the newborns who became our patients.
Pros
seeing happy children at play, the comfortable yet busy work space
Cons
seeing sick children, and worried parents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Medical Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7