Premier Medical Associates Employee Reviews

Horrible! Run! Don't do it!!
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marion County, FLJanuary 13, 2017
This company is a complete joke! There is so much drama, socialization instead of working, the people who are supposed to be training socialize with everybody else instead of teaching you, laziness, no communication, etc.....
Pros
None that i can think of except maybe if you have very little experience and time with the company, they will make you a manager because they are desperate!
Cons
Everything!
One of the worst jobs out there
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLDecember 28, 2016
Extremely fast paced. Horrible management. Doctors are great, but the waiting room fills up quickly, and the wait time is long, so patients complain about this a lot. You are expected to do so much, for so little pay. In my opinion, this office allows too much room for drama. The CEO is extremely rude, and the way that she acts is unacceptable for someone in such a high position. The only plus about this company, is when you get a patient that isn't tired of the mistakes made by the management, and is thankful for everything that you do.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, long wait times
High Turn Over Rate, Low Compensation,
Pateint Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLDecember 14, 2016
High Turn over rate, No benefits, stressful working conditions, after being with this company 7 years the staff and management that were there that made it a rewarding place to work have since left the practice and moved on for similiar reasons.
Cons
Extremely High TurnOver Rate
Most stressful job of my life
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 11, 2016
With 20 years experience in the medical field this place was the most horrible place I have ever had the displeasure of working. However, if you keep your head down and do as told you will not be subjected to "punishment" assignments from management. I did not mind the 10 minute lunches, that can be the nature of the beast in this business. The provider I worked for was a jem and made things bearable. However if you upset the apple cart with management you will get transferred to work for the more difficult providers.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Bad management
Doctors were easy to work with
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, PASeptember 29, 2016
busy fast paced office, answering phones, scheduling appointments
referrals and authorizations.

There was a big turnover with Premier managers in the beginning.
Good place to work if you are willing to learn.
D.M.E. Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLAugust 6, 2016
I apprenticed as Optician. I love working with people , helping meet their optical needs. There is a lot to learn and very interesting.
Horrible place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLAugust 2, 2016
Horrible place to work. The multiple number of managers are all rude and unhelpful. They make the schedule impossible to take a lunch and then take 30 minutes out of your paycheck. Most of the co workers are unhelpful and unfriendly. The hardest part of the job is doing 100% of the note, you stay until 6:00 pm or later to finish.
Pros
Many specialist to gain experiene
Cons
no lunch with 30 mins deducted. Unfriendly atmosphere.
Liked it but had to leave
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 1, 2016
I loved my job as a technician, but due to the demands of my family at home I was unable to dedicate the 40 hours a week that the job required. There's a lot of extra tasks assigned to the technicians that I felt could have been distributed to the manager and not to the techs who are busy most of the day. Especially on the evening shift, since there's only one person.
Overall, not a bad lab to work in. It's small so there isn't a lot of pressure to rush. However, no variety in day to day tasks.
Pros
Great benefits package, not too stressful, good pay
Cons
The evening tech is the only tech at night, not an easy schedule if you have children, not a lot of room to advance
Extremely Stressful Place To Work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  1580 Santa Barbara BLVDJuly 23, 2016
The office was hecktic to work in and management was poor. I was bullied by my direct supervisor and management would not do anything to help. I ended up quitting due to coming home in tears daily and being told I was not good enough even though I got all my work done and was told by many other employees I was doing a good job. The turn over rate is extremely high due to traveling to satellite offices, poor management, and low wages (A MA told me with 5 yrs exp she was started at $11.00)
Cons
Low wages, poor management, far travel
Volatile and stressful
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, PAJune 19, 2016
The turn over is high due to low pay and high unachieveable expectations. Senior management and admin don't care about the employees. My manager tries to get us raises but is always told no, she does a great job but is just as frustrated as everyone else. Managers are afraid to speak up because of their supervisor who screams at them. I left for a peaceful work environment.
Cons
Salary and stress
Flexible with hours when need appts
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJanuary 9, 2016
The atmosphere is tense at times. I love the hours and the patients. We laugh and communicate well with the patients.
The work environment is somewhat tense due to working with alot of women who can be adolescent therefore drama is overbearing. That is the hardest part of the job
Whenever one works with the public or a group of people you must have thick skin, but not too thick that shows uncaring towards the patient. Just know and understand not to take things personal.

The most enjoyable job is the patients and the flexibility
I love doing the job I do. Dealing with the patients, assisting them and getting them the help they need

The providers are excellent and they have real concern and compassion for their patients.
Pros
FLEXIBLE WITH MY CHILDRENS SPORTS AND APPOINTMENTS
Cons
PAY IS POOR, TURNOVER RATE IS HIGH. RESPECT AND LEVEL OF COMMUNICATION IS SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED.
Great Benefits
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 8, 2015
Needs a lot of development but a good company to work for overall. There is a lot of manipulation that occurs and not enough hands on with the workload, just dictation and demands.
Pros
Health benefits/providers of care
Cons
not enough true teamwork
Fun workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PANovember 12, 2014
I did filing, copying, faxing, pulling charts, checked in patients and delivered charts to the doctors. I enjoyed worked with the patients and doctors. My manager was super and kind. I learned how to check patients in and processing payments.
Relaxed but unstructured environment in billing office
former employee (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 24, 2012
The job itself is fine; however, the department lacks direction, communication and leadership Management lacks true people skills. Motivation and support is only given to a "chosen" few.
Pros
free parking and coworkers
Cons
management and lack of communication and support
rewarding, coworkers are team players
EHR scanner (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 8, 2012
Hippa rules, customer service,mangement is great. coworkers are great to work with
Pros
free parking
Cons
n/a
Good Company with good health benefits
Medical Records Specialist/Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 12, 2012
Good work / life balance and good health benenfits.

I've learned a lot about all aspects of working with medical records and different types of health insurance
Pros
good health benefits and you learn a lot working there
Cons
little chance of advancement
It an interesting mix of duties.
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 12, 2012
A typical day would be answering at least a 100 calls a day from parents wanting medical advice for their sick child or to make an appointment. Also checking them in with insurance verification of type of insurance, and confirming that all pertinent information was correct. Checkout required collecting co-payments and scheduling follow up appointments if needed. We would also assemble new patient charts, filling, pulling charts for the next days visits.

I learned more about how to remain calm in emergency situations. I also learned a lot about children.

My co-workers were all compassionate intelligent people. From the physicians and the nurses right down to the cleaning crew.

The toughest thing about this job was seeing all the little children that were ill. Or the crying little babies when they were finished getting the shots that were required.

The was one part of this job I absolutely adored. Getting to see all the newborns who became our patients.
Pros
seeing happy children at play, the comfortable yet busy work space
Cons
seeing sick children, and worried parents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Medical Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9