PREMIER TRANSPORTATION

PREMIER TRANSPORTATION Employer Reviews

Part time work in winter conditions
Van Driver (Former Employee), Deer Valley,Ut.August 18, 2014
Pros: nice units to drive.
Cons: had to do the cleaning of the units while dressed for the job---hard on clothes.
Nice units furnished to drive and the winter conditions were tough but expected as we were transporting winter sports people to and from the airport and their housing facilities. Met a lot of interesting people.
its not the best place to work
Forklift operator, Assembley Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: having something to do everyday.
Cons: management didn't have any respect for there employee.
you can say it was an job that paid the bills. I learned to listen and keep quite and do what was required of me to do.
Okay for part time workers
Recieving Clerk (Former Employee), Monroe, MIMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: small amount of hours, very demanding physical labor.
I was told I would get 40 or more hours per week, yet I only averaged 15-20. They have too many employees come in each day so they then send several home. Management did not set a great example for their employees. Was a 30 minute drive as well for me, not worth the drive for the compensation I was receiving.
Fast pace, great environment
Accounting Assistant/HR Assistant (Former Employee), Carson, CAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, health benefits
Cons: short breaks, very strict, old computers and printers
A typical day at work is to process all personnel files, payroll processing for all the stations, mailing (incoming and outgoing), filling, processing of bill of ladings, sorting and distribution of mails, answering phone calls, bookkeeping and updating all employee files. I've learned to deal with different type of people, importance of having a job, – more... appreciating every small and big things and also time management. The management is very approachable, open and considerate. My colleagues are nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job is being under pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job is when its holidays, we all celebrate together, we become one. – less
Decent company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: little home time
Over all, not a bad company, but the balance of family/work life is not great. They do not want to get the drivers home very often and having children, makes that hard on the driver and family.
Poor management team
Dispatcher/Driver Manager (Former Employee), Forest Park, GASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: expensive healthcare, and overworked for the pay
I was told I would work 50 hours a week with the occasional weekend but I had to work at least 3 out of 4 weekends. Clear favoritism especially to older white males. High employee turnover because of the poor management team. One of the worst jobs I have EVER had.
Strong, fast paced, can be very challenging
Shipper (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 20, 2013
Great place to work, good leadership, would be nice if they had a position for me in tampa
Great Company
Driver (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAAugust 1, 2013
A really good company to work for, just be prepared for a lot of physical labor unloading trailers.
Ok place til you find something better...
CDL Driver (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: free money (bonuses)
Cons: slow trucks
If you like finger-printing freight this is a great place for you. You can make some good money on multi-stop loads that you unload. Dispatch will push you as hard as you allow them too. Trucks are slow(65 mph) and don't pull hills that well because they are cut back. The Charlotte NC shop is the one to use when you need work done.
bonuses
spotter (Current Employee), forest park gaApril 25, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Cons: no advancement...top out pay toooooo low
lazy co workers....cant tell management cause they will put u and the lazy employee in a meeting with you and give him or her a warning and then u and the employee will be back at the site together the next day...
A day at work.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 23, 2013
Fustrated work days! Alot of horse playing from management and employees,to many personal issues brought to work that does'nt concern the business.The most enjoyable part of my job is having a productive day and getting my job done.
allot of stress
truck driver (Former Employee), Forrest Park, GAApril 23, 2013
Pros: none.you are a number
Cons: no dinner break/real bad job
work you 16 hours a day.told at the last minute thaat you have to work on your day off.pooor mangement.
well treated,good money
Driver (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAApril 23, 2013
Pros: home time, good pay, flexability
Cons: not steady all yr round
liked working there,would go back if they would have me,good place to work
Yard spotter, Yard jockey (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAApril 11, 2013
I would not have left Premier but my wife was transferd to fairhope,al to another nurseing company.Great people to work with,Management was great.
drivers are at the bottom of the food chain....
Non-Emergency Medical Transport Driver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: the clients!
Cons: the owners!
The best part of being a driver for Premier was the clients...the owners have no business in this business!
I give an b+
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAOctober 22, 2012
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: away from home a lot
I enjoyed working with this company the management was easy to work with a lot of my co-workers were easy to get alone with
Driver
Yard Jockey/ shuttler driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2012
Not regular hours to work, irregular hours no advancement high health insurance to expensive.
Poor direction
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 11, 2012
Cons: poor communication
No planning for how things should be done. All temps, you never know if you will have the same work force, but company aspects consistence work and productivity.
Very Active
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAJune 23, 2012
Played many rolls, very friendly work environment.
Wonderful Benefits
Easy to Learn
UNFIT OWNER & MANAGERS
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAMay 24, 2012
HR MANAGER AND EXECUTIVES (ESPECIALLY OWNER OF COMPANY) ARE NOT EMPLOYEE FRIENDLY. HR MANAGER PRACTICES NO CONFIDENTIALITY. IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE DO NOT LOOK FOR ANYONE WITHIN PREMIER TRANSPORTATION TO RESOLVE YOUR MATTER.