Premier Transportation

Premier Transportation Employee Reviews

Drive yard truck throughout dist. center moving trailers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Madison, ALJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers and management, relaxed job
Cons: Upset customers, co-workers not being there
Inspect and drive yard truck and trailer due to dispatcher or computer based moves inside truck in timely manner.

Always don't assume, being mindful of others, watch what you do.

Fair and considerate, patient, understanding .

Co-workers were fun and interesting to work with

Dealing with weather, and upset customers and drivers

Co-workers , great schedules allowed time off and on and relaxed trailer moves
Good Company to work for.
Driver (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 25, 2015
Pros: Management, Dispatchers, Bonuses
Cons: Temp in trailers, challenging docks, trailer tandem pins
I worked at Premier for 28 months, I only left because a "dream job" fell into my lap. Even with the "dream job" I sometimes consider going back.
The dispatchers are good people that get to know you and how you want to work. You can walk into the office, sit down beside them, discuss whats going on for the week and come up with a plan that works for both of you. If they ask you to go beyond the norm – more... and you do, a lot of the time you'll get a paycheck that does the same.
You get paid for almost everything you do. Stop pay, drop n hook, deadhead, detention and $100 bonuses all the time. The $1000 annual bonus really makes a nice thank you. A lot of the things management does for you is really old school, like buying your kids Christmas presents!
I did delivery's to retail stores all over the region, some of them had very challenging docks ... or doors to hit, nothings quite like backing thru a mall parking lot at Christmas time. :) You'll definitely fine tune your skills, quickly.
For the most part, the customers I delivered to were friendly and tried to keep me on schedule. They knew the route I was working, (the routes stay the same) and did there best to get me out on time.
Drivers do the unloading. Floor loaded boxes, "most" are very light, sent into the store on various roller wheel sets. Condition of the rollers vary from store to store as does the temperature in the trailer. I carried a squirrel cage fan and reeled extension cord with me in the summer, and have a top of the line set of bib overalls for winter.
Premier's main fault is they have too much work!!??? But being a non forced dispatch company, that'll only affect you if you let it. It's great if you wanna stay out longer to make some extra coin.

I would recommend them to any of my friends who enjoy working. This is NOT a steering wheel holder kind of job, you'll spend as much time in the trailer as the driver seat. – less
Pretty good company overall
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: not enough drivers
I have been with this company almost 10 years and have not had any major issues thus far. I get up early and sometimes get home late. I work with a great bunch of guys.
Productive and enjoy co-workers
Receptionist (Current Employee), Forest Park, GA 30297May 6, 2015
Pros: Work well with others
Cons: not very good medical benefits
Arrive at 8am, scan and index over 1000 copies daily, answer incoming calls and direct them to departments, Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, deliveries, greet guests. Enjoy working with immediate co-workers, The drive home is my hardest part of day, Atlanta rush hour traffic.
Lunch time
Nice company to work for, people were s nice and I will advise any one looking for a driving job to go work for them. The pay and benefits are good.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Kent, WAApril 8, 2015
Pros: A lot of over time
Cons: Human resource needs improvement
The most enjoyable part of the job is being your own boss while over the road. The hardest part was getting up after midnight to go to work, the management wasn't so bad at all. co-worker were cool except some driving with attitude.
Good working company to start.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Geneva, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: Did not work weekends
Cons: Stressfulr at times
Organized drivers daily pickups for medical transportation to make sure clients got to appointments in a timely manner and returned home. Sometimes had to work with upset clients but did the best to my ability to make them happy. I enjoyed corresponding with the clients and other medical transportation representatives.
A Mediocre Company
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2015
I have worked at this company for several years and have had an overall mediocre experience. This company is lacking in management skills and displays shortcomings in hiring capable individuals and providing preferential treatment to certain workers.
FUN PLACE, MEET PEOPLE
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good lunches, diverse people
Cons: too hot and humid and crowded
FUN PLACE
MEET LOTS OF PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT CULTURES
VERY DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES
GOOD EMPLOYEE PARTIES
GOOD MEALS
GOOD DISCOUNTS FOR EMPLOYEES
MANAGEMENT ATTENTIVE TO EMPLOYEES
Productive and got along well with coworkers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), University Park, ILJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day on the job would be slow then picks up. I learned that hard work is not for the lazy. Management on these jobs were pretty strict but for the better of the company. Co-workers have always been a pool of joy. The hardest part working for steak n shake is when it would get busy.
Great Company to be empoloyed.
Safety Clerk/Logs Duties (Former Employee), Forest Park, GANovember 17, 2014
I would be at work ready at 7:00am, Being in the safety department of a transportation group my duties were office personnel, driver service, hiring, class instructor, manage driver logs and maintenance records. I have experience in several computer programs, call center, human resource and customer service as well as transportation and fleet safety. My co workers consist of a small team to work together to keep our drivers on the road safely. It was an enjoyable experience at Premier Transportation that has taught me how to be a model employee.
requires multiple skills
Transportation Specialist/Owner (Current Employee), orange county , californiaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: plenty
managing clients transportation needs safely and efficient , time management , constant driving and stress helping others have a stress free service.
Company stole hours, Unfair work place.
Warehouse associate - Ambassador Staffing (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2014
Both lading and unloading trucks, as well as building and staging pallets. Keeping track of the inventory, and signing packages onto the trucks manifest.
great place to work
Terminal Manager (Current Employee), Madison, ALOctober 4, 2014
Pros: ensuring
Cons: healthcare is high
Hours can be long for management but anywhere in transposition is like that. Pay for drivers are good, management pay was good. Company actually cares for their employees and upper management is very hands on with the company
Do not join this company. Keep looking.
company driver (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: weekly settlements
Cons: difficult place to make a living, no family time.
This is not a company that people stay at very long. Should have never signed on. Management was very hard on the drivers. Unload trucks all day every day. Will not work with company driver. Driver unload and forced dispatch. I hear O/O complain about low pay and not enough miles... are you ready to work holidays and weekend, no extra home time. Had to be out of hours to get home time.
Nothing but work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chicopee, MASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: day shift
Cons: long days
Leave early in the morning and come home late.
The hardest part of the job was working on weekends and managers did not communicate well with drivers.
Decent job for a while, difficult to sustain one's self on, can be very stressful at times
Team Leader (Current Employee), Monroe, MISeptember 10, 2014
Pros: simple work, lots of hours if you want them, management friendly and easy to work with
Cons: very limited upward mobility, workforce is very inconsistent and understaffed lots of times, workdays can become incredibly long, pay could be a little higher
I work in one of the shipping centers helping to oversee and direct the production line where freight is sorted and processed before shipping. The hours are great; I don't usually get less than 40/week. The job itself is not difficult, either. Anyone who sticks around long enough (which is usually a week), and actually tries, can do just about anything there. In addition, management is easy to work – more... with, and friendly for the most part. They can be brutal at times however, as they do not tolerate bad attitudes or insubordination of any kind.

Perhaps the tragic flaw of this place is that the whole production line is staffed by temp agencies. All workers are temps, and will be as long as they stay there (even as a team leader, I am still a temp). They will never be hired in, as the only associates of the company are management. This place is a revolving door for workers; we can burn through as many as 10-20 new ones in a week. As many as half of them quit the same day that they start, if they even show up. Many of those who stay can be very difficult to work with. Many of them will at some point develop an "I-don't-care" type of attitude, and refuse to pull their weight. Others will frequently call off, or look for any excuse to leave half way through the day. Good workers that stick around are hard for this place to come by, and this can cause the few good workers to have to endure 16-hour workdays. While this tends to be exception and not the rule, it should be known by anyone considering working for this place that this is a possibility (word is that the temp agencies lie to applicants, and tell them that the shift ends between 3-5 PM). It should also be known that the lack of decent workers is more the fault of the staffing agencies and not Premier's, as the agencies just do not care who they send us. However, I'm sure that it would not kill Premier to look into some alternative methods for staffing their shipping centers.

Overall, this is not a bad place to work. When we can get a more permanent team that sticks around for a while and is consistent, it can actually be a very fun place to work. But to stick around here, you cannot be opposed to moving around and working hard, and you have to just deal with the fact of working the occasional weekend, or picking up the slack of someone else. – less
nice company
Customer Service Assistiant/ Payroll Clerk (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYAugust 27, 2014
management is great but no benefits are offered. looking for more stability in my life. love all my co-workers,small office ,great place to learn.
Part time work in winter conditions
Van Driver (Former Employee), Deer Valley,Ut.August 18, 2014
Pros: nice units to drive.
Cons: had to do the cleaning of the units while dressed for the job---hard on clothes.
Nice units furnished to drive and the winter conditions were tough but expected as we were transporting winter sports people to and from the airport and their housing facilities. Met a lot of interesting people.
its not the best place to work
Forklift operator, Assembley Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: having something to do everyday.
Cons: management didn't have any respect for there employee.
you can say it was an job that paid the bills. I learned to listen and keep quite and do what was required of me to do.
Okay for part time workers
Recieving Clerk (Former Employee), Monroe, MIMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: small amount of hours, very demanding physical labor.
I was told I would get 40 or more hours per week, yet I only averaged 15-20. They have too many employees come in each day so they then send several home. Management did not set a great example for their employees. Was a 30 minute drive as well for me, not worth the drive for the compensation I was receiving.

About Premier Transportation

Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Premier Transportation is an Irregular Route Common and Contract Carrier which specializes in providing – Read more

Premier Transportation Salaries