Premier Transportation Employee Reviews

Laid back shop to work at
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYSeptember 17, 2017
Very laid back shop no rushing you go to faster. But management in forrrest park is the worst I've ever seen. They are killing the company. The employees work hard. mandatory 50 hrs a week no overtime pay at all. I worked average 55hrs a week for straight pay. The boss I had was cool and laid back but they hired another boss when he quit and this guy couldn't fix his shoelaces but corporate thought he was gold because he said yes to everything. Bottom line is I worked very hard for my check and put in 55 hrs a week straight pay and it was never good enough for corporate in Georgia and the new boss expected more while he sat on a chair and watched. Wouldn't recommended it to anyone. The pay isn't worth it. To top it off I left and they found out where I went to work and they called my new job and had me fired by threatening to pull their business from them. Not a professional company at all. Fire all corporate and the place would be great to work even without overtime pay.
Pros
No one over your shoulder watching you work. Clean shop
Cons
No overtime. Mandatory 50hrs a week. High health care for single person. CORPORATE in Georgia
Layed back atmosphere but very fast paced
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 15, 2017
It was a job that I needed at the time aj was a good and fair manager but other than that the hours and the hard work for low pay made it a not so great job
Pros
Radios
Cons
Low salary
A Day at Work
Limo Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2017
You get your calls for the day a night before that's if Dispatch is doing there job, Then you have to accept the runs and if you don't accept the job then they want to know why, If they don't like the reason then they might just take all the runs away and you will have a day off with no pay.
Pros
Pay is ggosd
Stressful Environment
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Working at Premier was a challenge as a individual as well as in a whole. I learned that it isn't always about myself and sacrifices need to be made for another.
Pros
Challenging Position for me personally
Cons
short breaks, no bonuses, no benefits
Not enough drivers and Operations personnel
Driver/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2017
Premier does not pay their drivers or operations staff well. Drivers pick and choose their shipments. Which leaves operations with too much freight to cover. The Management will highly take advantage of you if you are good at your job, and you will work 7 days per week over 12 hours per day
Pros
job security
Cons
working around the clock to cover freight
great company
Accounts Payable Clerk/Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 2, 2017
I am not leaving...it is just hard to make ends meet with only one job these days. I plan to work at Premier until I retire. I am looking for an easy part time job to fill my free time with.
Loyal
Driver, (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, Ga & Ocala, Fl.July 3, 2017
I have been with Premier Transportation (PTAG) for 15 yes. I have watched the company. grow. They sold me my first truck after my hubby had been there 3 yes. Great oppotunity, no interest charged.
Yes, I could make more money elsewhere, but my home time is great. You usually only work on weekends if you request to.
A lot of drivers deliver to stores and get $35. (Owner ops $40.) a stop, and when u add it with miles driven, it really add up. S some folks are home every day.
Pros
Home time, security. Open door policy.
Cons
No prepass.
its ok
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WA 98513June 25, 2017
its ok. They only hire temps. Job ended unexpectedly. Hours vary every day. Its an ok place to work I guess. The manager wasn't very professional. Poor communication.
Worst decision I made
Dock Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2017
Worst company I ever worked for. My boss cared more about getting high than the warehouse. They lied to me about my salary. Ever saw the movie Get out? Well Get out before you get in. There is no chance for advancement. They don't help with equipment and they set you up for failure and stress.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, management
Management Problems
Entry Level Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2017
There are plenty of companies that have management problems but this one has topped my list. The location I worked at has no pre-planing for upcoming weeks. There is no opportunity to advance in the company. Location site is not up to code for a work place. Equipment is broken use cheap fixes to get by.
StressfulI
Warehouse Worker / Pallet Loader (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAMay 22, 2017
Every day you are sent to one of two lines and on that line you are given a position and you work there for probably two hours or less and are sent to another position. I learned how to stack boxes
Premiere yard jockey.
Yard driver (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 10, 2017
The location in Farmers Branch operates illegal unsafe equipment. They are contacted to Tuesday morning. They are moving unsafe trailers on public roadways. BEWARE!!
Regional Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMay 8, 2017
Upper management is out of tune with satellite terminals. People tend to overreact to company politics. Managment is on call 24/7 with little time off.
Pros
People
Cons
Time away
Less than 3 hours per day or sometimes none
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 2, 2017
I think this is the worst place i have ever worked at from the temp agencies that send you here to the supervisors. U never know how many hours your gonna work per day and the pay sucks. Its like crackhead pay and u only barely make enough for pack cigaretts or beers u better off collecting cans and selling them as (scrap) they treat you like a slave plus you dont have a time card to punch in out with they write your time down for you
Pros
no pros for drug fiens and uneducated people
Small Management Team for Large Employee Base
employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 12, 2017
Company hierarchy is not spread out enough, leading to lack of support and development across the employees. There are no set SOP in place. It is handled like a small private company when at it's size, it should be driven to improve and develop it's employees and their talents.
Busy place, lots of change
Parts Manager ,Break Down Coordinator, Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAApril 9, 2017
Busy place , Lots of change,
New tractors and getting some newer trailers.
They expect a lot and will keep you moving.
I just moved too far away to balance my personal life with work.
Pros
new trucks
Cons
old trailers
easy job to do
Class B Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILMarch 9, 2017
You start your day early morning hours,come in and get your route for the first half of the day we do two runs a day which is great the hardest part of the job is the driving
Pros
home every day
Cons
Healthcare, management
It was a good work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 3, 2017
It was a good job and easy to catch on to. My job was to stay on the assembly line and find the number assigned to me and place it on the pallid that was on my side and stack it till it reaches a certain height. I also scanned the boxes, pulled the pallids when the boxes reached a certain hieght to the designated area, and unloaded the truck and placed the boxes on the assembly line
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Short breaks
Its a decent job
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 25, 2017
Actually i love my job and things I get to do while working here. I actually get work done and get things I need to at home or weekends. You get a chance to earn extra if wanted or sometimes they will even offer. ONLY thing I dont like about this job is the HIGH health insurance, i mean for the lowest for a family is a joke but other than that i like it!
Pros
Pay, hometime
Cons
No communication, health benefits
Management was horrible
Terminal Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAFebruary 15, 2017
I worked here for many years. It was a hard company to work for. The dispatching of drivers was fine it was the management in Forest Park, GA that was so bad. They would talk to you like a dog and then laugh about it. The pay was good and great benefits but couldn't get passed being treated like dirt. Every one was scared to death to speak up. You never knew what you were going to walk into from day to day. I never felt like anyone had your back.
Pros
money
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9