Premier Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Hours and days inconsistant
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 26, 2017
The doctor that runs the facility would close in the morning when patients were scheduled and I never knew when I could expect to work. He is a nice guy to work for just very inconsistent with no rhyme nor reason to his actions.
Upper management
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAOctober 18, 2017
My site manager was my favorite person in the world and often felt bad for how stressed she was. Upper management doesn't know how to treat their staff and makes for a very hostile and uncomfortable environment. Some changes need to be made I liked the 12 hour shifts and I adored my co-workers but with the staffing of upper management I'm surprised they have any staff left.
Fast paced, friendly staff
Externship (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work, fast paced office. Friendly staff, reasonable lunch breaks. Very clean environment. Advanced career opportunities and growing of facilities.
Rewarding Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, infection control and specimen processing, Special talent for instructing patients about procedures, familiar with medical terminology, first aid and safety, excellent multitasking and customer service, stock merchandise knowledge, typing 45 wpm, blood draws.
Unpredictable days
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 13, 2017
The co-owners and management demonstrated a lack of respect to employees who voiced concerns regarding inappropriate behaviors by a fellow employee. The unsuitable handling of several situations led to 1/3 of the staff resigning from their positions.
great coworkers
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  RotatingAugust 17, 2017
fun place to work thanks to the awesome coworkers, doctors extremely approachable and helpful. great variety of patient complaints from emergent situations to broken bones and sneezes.
I love working here!
Team Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick, PAAugust 5, 2017
I have been working for Premier 3 years, and I love it! As in any medical office there is drama sometimes with certain people. But if you do your job with passion, care for your patients and coworkers then you will learn to enjoy and learn from the variety of patients we see everyday!
Pros
learning opportunities, growth
Cons
Holidays away from family
great place to work
Medical Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 27, 2017
this was the first place I actually worked and used my EMS skills. The doctors I worked with were great and so was the rest of the staff. I am sad to see that they sold their business after I left.
Working at Premier
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wynnefield, PA/Langhorne, PA/Levittown, PAJune 1, 2017
Great for a first time job in the medical field! I started in Jan of 2017 for my externship and started in Feb 2017 as a full time Floater employee. Working at premier has really shown me the clinical aspect of being a hands-on certified clinical medical assistant. you will learn something everyday!
Pros
hands-on for clinical aspect
Cons
nothing
Run far away
nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 21, 2017
horrible management, horrible owner, no job security, paychecks received late. Clinical team is great to work with, but the management is terrible. all the owners family member work in management and admin positions and didn't go to school for those position so the have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
clinical team, patients were appreciative
Cons
late paychecks, nepotism
Unrealistic expectations
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAFebruary 18, 2017
Revenue generating, not patient focused. Unsanitary. Unsafe staffing patterns. Outdated equipment. Not sufficient supplies. Payroll errors and no direct deposit or 401K. Medical/dental plans inadequate for family. Minimal orientation. Management inexperienced in healthcare.
great first start but not a long term career
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2017
When I first started I had a wonderful nurse manager that valued her nurses & worked with us on schedules. I left because a change in management prevented me from having a good work life balance.
Positive Work Environment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 16, 2017
I've been with the company for 5 years and despite several offers from local competitors I've stayed with Premier. I really enjoy the fast paced environment. The company has expanded quite rapidly over the past few years and I've learned a great deal during the natural growing pains of such expansion. I've been promoted throughout my time at Premier and although the roles may be a bit ambiguous at first, the management team really helps me settle in to a new role. I typically work 40-50 hour weeks with some weekends on-call. Some of the challenges include a "loose" management structure which has shown great improvement over the past year. Although the management structure is still being developed after rapid expansion, the entire management team is very approachable and willing to help solve problems together. I enjoy direct patient interaction and new site development.
Pros
On call bonuses, full benefits and free healthcare at clinics
Excellent company!
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 6, 2017
I've been a provider at Premier for the last 7 years and it's been a GREAT place to work! I'm fortunate enough to work with some of the most dedicated group of people, from our front desk staff to our RN's, RT's and MA's! The variety of high acuity cases have allowed me to really challenge myself and have certainly kept my skill set sharp!! I also treat local patients who come in for minor illnesses or sports physicals for their children on a regular basis. Feeling like you're an integral part of the community, and the appreciation expressed by the patients, makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
Co-workers, work-life balance, security
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Windsor, NJDecember 29, 2016
We all work as a team,generally everyone is happy that makes it easier. Pt population is happy as we are able to deliver better care as a happy team. Schedule is better and consistent.
Pros
12 hours shifts
Cons
I cannot think of any
Challenging experience
Medical Assistant / Clinical Lead (Former Employee) –  Hockessin, DENovember 25, 2016
Many roles to fill in this setting. Typical day consisted of anywhere from simple sore throat up to heart attacks and allergic reactions and even strokes.

Some roles were rma, team leader, and even front desk clerk. Much to fulfill in a busy urgent care.

With typical non complicated cases, days were noneventful.

Exciting days included pts with chain saw lacerations, near amputions of toes and fingers.

Educations opportunities with anaphylaxis, cardiac and vagle events - amazing and unforgettable

Some days were typical. Some days were overwhelming.
Pros
Working with great teams
Cons
No room for growth, Poor communication and mismanagement
Very Productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJNovember 24, 2016
What I enjoyed about this job was you never know what to except. You never know what situation would walk through the doors. I learned wound care, suture removal, ekg, how to read ekg's. The work environment was enjoyable, they were always willing to teach you if you wanted to learn.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
no lunch breaks
Wonderful place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 22, 2016
My co-workers are amazing and the upper management/owner treats you like family.
Very team oriented environment and everyone helps and looks out for one other.
Management is superior
Director of Occupational Medicine (Current Employee) –  Hellertown, PANovember 14, 2016
I have been with Premier Urgent Care for almost 5 years. I am one of those people who love what they do and don't dread coming to work every day. The simplicity of my job comes from the wonderful clinical staff who support me in everything that I do. The opportunity for advancement and growth is endless. I wouldn't change a thing!
Pros
staff
Cons
Fast paced, rewarding great coworkers
Provider (Current Employee) –  All sitesNovember 14, 2016
Enjoy helping people who need immediate care, coworkers are wonderful, great to work as a team. Many positive changes occurring regarding management. Always looking for motivated, team players to join and grow with the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.