Premier Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Very Productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJNovember 24, 2016
What I enjoyed about this job was you never know what to except. You never know what situation would walk through the doors. I learned wound care, suture removal, ekg, how to read ekg's. The work environment was enjoyable, they were always willing to teach you if you wanted to learn.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
no lunch breaks
Wonderful place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 22, 2016
My co-workers are amazing and the upper management/owner treats you like family.
Very team oriented environment and everyone helps and looks out for one other.
Management is superior
Director of Occupational Medicine (Current Employee) –  Hellertown, PANovember 14, 2016
I have been with Premier Urgent Care for almost 5 years. I am one of those people who love what they do and don't dread coming to work every day. The simplicity of my job comes from the wonderful clinical staff who support me in everything that I do. The opportunity for advancement and growth is endless. I wouldn't change a thing!
Pros
staff
Cons
Fast paced, rewarding great coworkers
Provider (Current Employee) –  All sitesNovember 14, 2016
Enjoy helping people who need immediate care, coworkers are wonderful, great to work as a team. Many positive changes occurring regarding management. Always looking for motivated, team players to join and grow with the company.
One word: Fraud
Billing Rep/Custom service (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAOctober 30, 2016
I worked at the exton location for three months before just recently getting laid off. They are outsourcing the billing company and customer service and putting all the companys info and patients info into strangers hands who arent on site to deal with anything. The owner has no clue how to run a business let alone treat patients. The billing department should be shut down overall. This is the first place that had two different fees for different insurances. They are always changing their prices and they know how to beat around the bush. When patients mail in payments they dont even check to see if that patient owes anything. They just scan that check straight to the conpany bank acct because they need to pull in money and numbers to keep running. They have failed to pay their employees on time and if you get fired and get laid off and get your check in the mail and go to cash it, most likely there will be insufficient funds. These people will use you to catch them up and then tell you they dont need you anymore.
Pros
Hours/pay
Unethical Practices
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Multiple LocationsOctober 13, 2016
I worked here for 2+ years as a Physician Assistant and have had enough. Upper management is only concerned about getting the patient in and out the door and making sure we bill them for as much as humanly possible. Even billing for services that were never rendered.
A patient could have an open head wound and be bleeding out on the waiting room floor but we'd be expected to get some form of payment before seeing them first. It's unethical the things that go on here and I will no longer be putting my license on the line. I recommend you don't either.
Pros
Zero
Great Team
Professional Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTOctober 10, 2016
Very family oriented. Worked with some of the smartest and best physicians and co-workers. Able to ask questions at any time. Management willing to teach you anything if you are willing to learn. the best part of the job, was seeing the comfort in our patients eyes and smiles.
Premier Urgent Care
Medical Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAAugust 12, 2016
Greet, triage and gather health history of patients presenting for urgent care. Provide care in their time of need, range of care from medications, splints, wound care, and discharge
Pros
Positive influence in the life of some one in need
If you're smart, you won't work for Premier Urgent Care
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 6, 2016
They do not value their employees at all. The management is completely unorganized and will feed you lies to try and keep you from leaving. Everything you hear from management (especially the CEO and his Admin. Assistant are empty promises). It's really a wonder that they're still in business. Checks are often held because the company couldn't afford to pay on time. High rate of turn over.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Never Accept a job
AR (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 4, 2016
The company has no clue what it's doing. It is very surprising they are still in business. They tell you in the interview at the hours are flexible but in reality you only have 2 choices in hours 8am to 4:30 pm or 9am to 5:30pm, if you get a choice. They tell you that you were hired for one position but either change it without tell you or you are expected to split your time between 2 separate jobs. The pay is really low and the benefits are point blank horrible. There are some pay periods were you have no clue if you are going to get paid. I have heard they held pay checks before the holiday's last year because it fell on a holiday. There is no option for direct deposit.

The communication is horrible in the company and expected to read minds. They often rip the rug right out from under you quite often. The management often back stab the employes and often tell one employee one thing and another employee a whole different thing. The management have a bad routine of playing favoritism and not hiding it. If you are not one of their favorites, it feels like you are walking on egg shells everyday, add day. No one knows what the management even does because they are always going out for smoke breaks and their door is always shut. When the door isn't shut you can often find them shopping online. They love meetings, often have meetings about the next meeting. The management never told anyone that one of the sites closed down.

There is a really high turn over right. If you stay for more than 3 months you are considered seasoned but often people will get fired
  more... within the 1st year. In only 7.5 months I had 5 different bosses. If you want stability, this place is not it. There is often talk about being laid off and often you don't know if you have a job the next day. There are several violations that are there but they won't fix any of them and turn a blind eye to them.

Even the companies Lawyer has no clue about Medical Law and often has to play stupid in getting the answer and tell the lawyer about the law.

The X-Ray tech's can't even take proper X-Ray and a lot PA's and Doctors misdiagnose patients.
Pros
Ummmm
Cons
everything
Flexible yet unorganized
Billing (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 19, 2016
Place is flexible with work schedules, needs better organization all around, more time on training, better prioritization of what is important to better the departments.
Providers BEWARE!!
PA-C (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAJune 28, 2016
I worked there a few years ago and it is SCARY that they are still in business! I left because I was afraid for my license! The "head guy" is too old/incompetent to be still practicing medicine. There are a lot of illegal things that take place there and they hire new grad mid-levels to work without a doctor and untrained support staff. They leave you completely on your own and strongly discourage from sending anyone to the ER. This means that you are set up for all kinds of bad outcomes with patient and possible lawsuits! DO NOT jeopardize your license!!
Pros
nothing!
Cons
no breaks, low pay
RUN!!! Scary
LPN (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAMay 15, 2016
Short staffed, all about get em in get em out. Terrible attention to detail and horrible nursing management. Super fast paced with no extra help yet agency making $$$$. NPs and PAs get no support from medical director in emergency situations. PAs googling medical conditions to get diagnosis while patients sat in rooms. PAs questioning themselves on whether or not to send patients out to hospitals but reluctant because medical director discourages this; so they will treat conditions that really need hospital level care!! SCARY!! Pay is way below average for running non stop on your feet for 12 plus hours a day. It is 12 hour shifts- no benefits either. They also utilize MAs because they can even pay them cheaper(however I do believe MAs deserve more $$ and the ones there were good, just burnt out). All about making profits and could care less about qualified adequate staffing. Heaven forbid you should take to long in a room for a nursing assessment; you are timed and patients you see calculated. It is like a race. Bunch of staff looking like crazies running around!! RUN far away as a patient and an emoloyee!!
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
No breaks, lowest pay, no insurance, terrible management
great work place
chief complaint (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2016
great atmosphere for a beginner Medical assistant. not a super busy office but they keep things clean and polite upon visits.
Great experience
Medical Assistant (Extern) (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PA 19348April 18, 2016
Learned various clinical tasks Perform initial triage assessment/data collection to identify care needs of the patient. I Anticipate patients’ needs to patient presentation and implements intervention/treatments. Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients and families. I am responsible for Documenting patient care services by charting in patient and department records. Maintaining patient confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential. I maintained nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies. I Maintained safe and clean working environments by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel. Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Fast paced ,diverse cases
RN (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 22, 2016
We Take back a pt., take their complaint & history. Then Vital signs.
After the PA-C sees them we do a number of different things for them. Depending on diagnonis, it may be a rapid Strep test & Throat Culture. If it is Bronchitis they may get a breathing treatment,
Dehydration, we start an IV & give fluids. STD panel, we draw blood for testing.
We origanally write information down on a worksheet then enter it into a computer.
Cons
need more hours
Providers, run away!
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAMarch 9, 2016
Two huge problems with this place. One, it is unsafe for patients. You will constantly be left hanging without support, unsafe practices will be conducted, and the constant mismanagement will make you fear every day that patients will be harmed or even die. Two, it is poorly run by incompetent people who do not respect you. The head honcho loves to intimidate providers and has hired a support staff that not only traffics in the same bad approach, but often lacks even basic competency. I knew probably 20 other mid-level providers during my time there, and only one finished their two year contract. Everyone else did what I did and got out.
Pros
many locations
Cons
low pay, lack of respect, lack of physician support, many unsafe practices
unsafe place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 14, 2016
medical assistants administered medications which is outside scoop of practice

upper management does not want to send patients to the emergency room when needed

benefits are horrible

pay is very low $20 LPN $ 25 RN
Registered Nurse working here for 3+ years
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 8, 2015
I've been working here for the past three years and I love my work family. We work as a true team and always support each other when help is needed. While the company itself does have its flaws, it's a growing and evolving business and the management is very fair when you are open and honest with them and complete the work you've been hired to do.
Pros
Salary increases often, good medical and dental
Cons
Some young, catty staff
A/R Representative (Current Employee) –  Exton, PASeptember 9, 2015
Great atmosphere and benefits, but no job security, raises or room for advancement.

Management is unorganized and have minimal knowledge of jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.