GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for supervising a team of Locate Technicians performing Locate and Mark, Watch & Protect and Standby duties for clients.
SPECIFIC DUTIES / TASKS-
- Be in the work area prior to earliest technician and remain until COB
- Be 24/7 for emergency situations
- Manage Labor according to varying ticket volumes through a team of employees, ensuring compliance with corporate, regulatory and client requirements, while in alignment with company values
- Ensure that work is executed safely as planned, including daily exceptions.
- Monitor field compliance with contractual requirements in order to achieve excellent quality. The Supervisor will do this by aggressively performing Quality Audits in the field.
- Complete and maintain all work documentation and reporting
- Communicate business goals and objectives to work group
- Effectively utilize resources by monitoring employee productivity
- Identify and pursue productivity improvements
- Develop the business knowledge and technical skills of field employees. Foster teamwork with all other District work groups
- Ensure that clients expectations are met; ensure clear, professional, proactive communication with clients
- Fully implement and hold work group accountable for adherence to safety policies
- Facilitate team meetings and training
- Lead Root-Cause investigations for all Damages and Safety Events
- Work unusual hours in emergency situations
REQUIRED SKILLS - List the four or five basic skills an employee should possess for this position.
- Leadership skills
- Computer Literate and proficient in Word and Excel
- Demonstrate the ability to perform effectively under deadline and emergency situations
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to relocate to Southern Illinois within 30 days of promotion
QUALIFICATIONS - Please indicate the basic requirements for an employee.
Education: Pass Federal Approved Drug Testing Program
Pass Client Requirements & Expectations
H.S. Diploma or GED
Certification/Licensure: Pass Federal Approved Operator Qualification Testing
Experience Range: Minimum of 3 yrs. Utility Locate experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS -
Communications: Must be able to read, write, speak, & comprehend English
Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person or over the telephone
Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources & computer screens
Physical: Walking, Bending, Lifting up to 50 lbs, & Driving
1) Utility Locator Machine (Transmitted, Receiver, Clamps, Clips)
2) Metal Detector
3) Paint Cans and Flags
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k including match, life insurance, etc.
- Vacation & Sick