Location: Milwaukee, WI
Salary/Pay Rate: $80-95,000
Employment type: Full Time
The Griffin Groupe Professional Staffing is sourcing candidates for a premiere client in Milwaukee, WI.
Hiring Company Summary:
This is an opportunity to work with a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in over 150 countries. Committed to sustainability, our client is creating quality products and services and solutions including advanced battery tech, solar, refrigeration, marine & navy technology and more.
Upward Mobility Plus: 10% annual growth results in additional Lead and Senior Audit Positions
The internal audit team is fast paced and is the gate for many of the management positions within the operating units. Knowledge of internal audit, the ability to lead teams, and boardroom presence are keys to this position. Internal Audit is a basis for understanding the inner workings of this client’s individual business units. Many of the company’s executives have been sourced from Internal Audit.
Public and corporate experience (6-10 years) and a desire for a career plan that would lead to a key management role are desirable attributes for the right candidate.
Under the general supervision of the Director, Internal Audit or other Internal Audit department leadership, is responsible for planning, supervising and executing field audits, evaluations of internal controls, financial and management reporting, operational effectiveness, and business systems at primarily U.S. locations. Written and oral presentation of findings to all levels of Company management is required. The individual may also be involved in special operational projects, department projects and administrative duties. Travel up to 40%.
- Proactively plans and leads audits and special projects throughout the Americas.
- Defines the specific objectives, theory and scope of audit work to be performed, including risk analysis and audit programming.
- Carries out assigned Sarbanes Oxley related activities such as scoping analysis, planning and management testing.
- Ensures timely and effective accomplishment of administrative tasks related to planning and performing audits.
- Assists in the coordination of work performed with the independent public accountants.
- Interviews individuals and surveys activities in audit areas assigned.
- Ensures audit approach and work program addresses the highest risk areas given the time available.
- Analyzes processes and data and assesses level of compliance with applicable procedures, adequacy of controls, efficiency and effectiveness of operations and accuracy of reported information.
- Drafts, reviews and discusses audit findings with Internal Audit management and the management of the audited unit (and higher level management, as appropriate) on a timely basis.
- Reviews and ensures the timely completion all staff audit work performed.
- Completes work papers appropriate to the type of assignment.
- Responsible for compiling draft audit reports in the field for management review prior to audit closing meetings.
- As necessary, assists in conducting reviews of hardware, software and data in terms of security, management, and data integrity.
- Assists management with the development of department planning and scheduling.
- Involvement with special projects such as investigations, acquisitions, and re-engineering teams.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of the International Standards for the Professional
- Practice of Internal Auditing and the Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley related matters.
- Good skills in cost and inventory accounting and in manufacturing plant auditing, including financial, operational and control areas.
Requirements and Desirable Experience:
- B.S or B.B.A. in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA, CPA, CIA, CFA, PMP considered Pluses
- Preferably 6 years of increasingly responsible total experience in public accounting, accounting and/or internal audit function of a large size Global corporation auditing or managing financial or operations audit. Minimum of 2 years in a senior auditor position.
- BIG 4 experience strongly preferred
- Experience in just-in-time- manufacturing, facility operations management, energy, building automation and service a plus.
- Experience in Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, PeopleSoft, MFG/PRO and Service Alliance are Pluses
- Proven experience with analyzing processes (accounting and operations), identifying deficiencies and implementing process improvements.
- Strong experience in compliance management including the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and must have progressive experience in multi-division and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Fluency in English required, other foreign language skills are desirable.
- Excellent communications skills, including significant experience in written and oral reports and presentations to high-level management. Should have ability to listen effectively, evaluate the most critical elements being communicated and communicate with staff and management on an open and timely basis.
- Proven ability to effectively manage time, prioritize, and handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with people even under difficult circumstances.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve desired results. Leads others to take appropriate action, and follows through on commitments.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and contribute to the efforts and accomplishments of individuals and teams throughout the organization.
Keywords: accounting, cpa, bachelors degree, mba, masters degree, gaap (us gaap), gaas process development, CPA, CIA, big 4; auditor; public accounting, oracle, sap, hyperion, peoplesoft, service alliance, certified associate in project management, pmp and project manager, CAPM, PgMP, PMI-SP, OPM3, public accounting, internal audit, B.S., B.B.A., sarbanes oxley,