This is not a code from home position
This position has responsibilities for coding, charge entry, and maintaining all current and past business for your specified accounts.
- Coding and Charge Entry which includes coding to the highest degree of specificity with correct usage of CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS codes and correct usage of modifiers on all charges.
- Maintain coding compliance with Medicare/Medicaid billing guidelines as well as specific policies of Commercial carriers.
- Maintain a 2 day turn around of work received from OPS management for returning charges in a timely manner.
- Maintaining coding credentials by continuing education and renewal of the coder(s) license, as applicable, on a yearly basis.
- Certified Coder, CMC, CPC or other Coding related Certification(s).
- At least 2 years of experience in the coding/billing field.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.