The Health Care Data Analyst creates and analyzes datasets and reports and summarizes and presents findings and opportunities. This position is responsible for identifying, analyzing and explaining trends and comparing client clinical, utilization, and billing data to applicable benchmarks in order to identify areas for improvement and potential savings. The Health Care Data Analyst supports various business areas in the evaluation of clinical/administrative programs, billing process efficiencies, and other system initiatives.
- Responsible for analysis, design and development of datasets and reports measuring performance on clinical and quality measures.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports for internal and external audiences regarding reimbursement issues and trends, denial rates, and revenue cycle.
- Monitors billing error and exception reports to facilitate correction and resubmission of claims and proper application of payments.
- Able to comprehend complex metrics regarding episodes of care, referral patterns, case management, and outcomes reporting.
- Develops effective methods and tools for presenting key data and findings in an understandable format, whether presented in written, visual or oral fashion.
- Identifies and reviews improvement opportunities utilizing appropriate statistical methods to support business objectives.
- Aggregates current and historical data in order to identify and analyze trends.
- Performs ongoing data validation to determine statistical significance, confidence level, and reliability of outcome.
- Maintains well organized, documented data files.
- Serves as a resource for staff and clients and exemplifies customer service oriented behavior at all times.
- Other reporting/data analysis and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in economics, informatics, or like discipline. Two to three years progressive related experience in health care data analytics and reporting.
Excellent organizational skills with a particular focus on managing details and the ability to develop and meet schedules.
Must be able to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines and high volumes.
A proven track record of driving best practices while establishing and maintaining effective relationships with physicians, medical office personnel and other customers is essential.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Premiere Medical Resources is a management services organization located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. We provide solutions tailored specifically...