- Directs the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures designed to effectively support organizational strategy and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Prepares job descriptions and salary ranges for all positions as well as maintains record of current pay scale for each position in organization.
- Maintains constant communication with the management team ensuring understanding of policies, changes to current practices, etc.
- Understands healthcare business operations and aligns human resource policies and procedures to support business goals.
- Provides guidance and direction to management staff (disciplinary actions, employment termination, employee grievances, performance improvement plans, performance evaluations, etc.)
- Evaluates statistics related to employee satisfaction and turnover rates identifying trends and recommends actions to senior management. Monitors improvement efforts and provides direction as needed.
- Drives the strategic planning process related to employee morale, recruitment and retention.
- Directs all HR related functions for acquisitions/mergers, both internally and externally.
- Identifies the need for employee development at all levels. Develops and implements needed activities to improve employee’s skill sets.
- Manages all aspects of employee benefits including negotiation, analysis, implementation and ongoing maintenance. Makes recommendations on appropriate changes.
- Actively participates in FTE, payroll and expense management processes making recommendations for operational improvement.
- Oversees and directs the employee recruitment process and ensures staff effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet company objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Provides direction to staff of the Human Resources department. Reviews performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Directs company- wide performance review processes.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of company goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, and local regulatory agency requirements.
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have company-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
- Educates all staff and affiliated physicians on benefits. Completes all adds/changes/terminations from benefit programs as necessary.
- Manages other functions in support of physician practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHR,SPHR, Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. Five to seven years progressive related experience in the healthcare field is required.
Service and results oriented with exceptional customer service, organizational, management and communication skills required.
Knowledge of and familiarity with Microsoft Office products, predominantly Word and
Excel is required.
A proven track record of driving best practices while establishing and maintaining effective relationships with physicians, medical office personnel and other customers is essential.
Indeed - 12 months ago