Premium Retail Services Employee Reviews

Typical Merchandising Company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ironton, OHNovember 16, 2017
Work is not hard. Varied hours and no mileage or drive paid. This is a typical part time merchandising job. Great for an add on company. They do a variety of jobs for different clients.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No pay for mileage or drive time
great job for pepole seeking part time
Google Specialist (Former Employee) –  sonoma ,marin and soloano countiesNovember 11, 2017
great company to work most of the positions is self paced pays decent get to meet lots of great people one the funnest jobs i worked the store i visited employees and mangers were always helpful.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
if you on the merchandising team your on the road a lot
Fun for the most part
Merchandising/resets (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 10, 2017
Resets were great working for premium can't make much unless on resets, really enjoyed going out of town doing the resets Premium paid for motel and food plus traveling time would enjoy working out of state for a week or two at a time
Pros
Free lunch on occasions
Part time gig
FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORNovember 8, 2017
My position was part time working from home and traveling to sites. Acting as a Visual Merchandiser/ Field Representative I make my own schedule. I select the work I want and when I want to go. You have to have good WIFI access though for tablets, if you don't have a smart phone. Once you learn the different jobs types and challenges, it's great and relaxed work.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
sometimes poor instructions
Was a great experience
RETAIL TRAINING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2017
The time I spent with them was great. My manager was very engaged with the team, very positive, and expectations were clear making it simple to hit goals. Support from the Corporate Office was great as well.
Pros
Flexibility, training, promotions
Cons
Nope
Hard work with travel
Reset Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 4, 2017
The work could in very fact be grueling, especially if for some reason the merchandise reset was not going as planned, or if some of the things we needed were missing or in short supply. That said, it was also very satisfying work, giving me the satisfaction that comes only after a hard but well-spent day's work. My immediate supervisor was top-notch with an eye for detail, but an understanding that there were times when going by the book was simply not possible.

I'd gladly work for them again,
Pros
Motel rooms covered. Per diem for meals.
Cons
Pay could have been better.
Relaxed with opportunities
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 2, 2017
There is potential to take higher positions which will give longer term assignments or even management positions. Compensation is fair and even pay for travel.
Awesome company
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2017
Very good company to work for. As always could get paid a little more for the work you do for them. They have multiple brands under their umbrella as well and offer both part and full time positions
At first it was great but then...
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 25, 2017
I loved the job initially it was 30-35 hours per week at $17 an hour, but then after the Walgreens Simplify resets I got dropped into Merchandising work which was less than 20 hours per week at $10 an hour.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
wear and tear on vehicle not steady income
Petsmart Royal Canine demos
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 24, 2017
Very fun social events with big sales. Very good company to work for. Offered me both merchandising and brand ambassador positions. There needed to be more brand ambassador events.
Pros
Good pay structure
Cons
Not enough events
fast
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
Its ok, not something I would recommend long term. I think its just time for me to head out and find something that fits my personality better, It's not a bad job just not for everyone
Disingenuous management hierarchy
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 17, 2017
Complete disconnect between line and staff positions; consequent environment is one of sniping and back-stabbing. Dysfunctional and unnecessarily stress-filled culture.
Work
Lead Google Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 16, 2017
Good place to work for part time or full time. Especially if you have retail experience in wireless devices like mobile and tablets. Also great if you have any leadership skills.
Great Management Staff - Good Work/Life Balance
Samsung National IT Training Manager (National) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2017
The management staff here is fair and treats the employees well. The culture is that of a family-owned company, and anyone who has put the time in at PRS is taken care of like family as well.
Pros
Great Management, Great Teams
Cons
Contract Work
3Pl
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2017
Wouldn't recommend for someone looking for a "nest" or a long term career. The "top heavy" corporate structure is ineffective and does not promote transparency. There is almost no focus on talent development. Communication is poor and leadership is out of touch in most cases.
On a positive note, if you are willing to put in the work, there are opportunities for advancement, which is almost the only way to get a raise. Again, If you are willing to put in the work...
Pros
Good stepping stone for about 2-3 max.
Cons
Minimal focus on talent development.
You really are just a number
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2017
Lack of communication, management won't address you personally, will have someone else do it instead. No explanation to anything, I was dismissed without merit. Corporate job where you'll be treated as a number only....NEXT!
Pros
Good hourly wage
Cons
Poor communication, lack of direction & training
Good Work Environment
Trade Activation Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2017
I worked out in the trade with Premium Retail. Job was fun, busy, and flexible. My direct manager was great at Premium. Premium Retail offers a good work environment.
Likable job but horriable management
Retail Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2017
With this job you are pretty much on your own. You may get a couple hours training if that. The field management are ridiculous and unprofessional. The upper management could care less if you go to them with a problem you are having.
Pros
Flexiable hours, weekends off
Cons
management not professional
Merchandising is helpful with organizing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2017
Merchandising is refreshing through traveling to different stores setting up displays and meeting new people. Having the option to work of town gives you peace of mind and makes working more interesting.
Pros
Working independently with the ability to travel
Cons
Poor transportation caused a problem with being able reach your destination
Good job
Assisted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 25, 2017
This was an excellent place to work they really provide the best pay for the job it was very flexible. The management staff made sure that we where will prepared to handle the day-to-day tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premium Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.