A highly successful research company providing data and information to the financial industry has vacancies for Research Analysts to join the team in New York.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain a foothold in the finance industry and as such is suitable for recent college graduates. For the more experienced professional, the role offers the opportunity to develop your career in financial data research.
Our Analysts research events in the Alternative Assets' industry, liaising with key professionals in private equity, venture capital, law firms and Hedge Funds.
They maintain accurate and extensive intelligence on companies, investors and service providers via both web research and by calling investment professionals to obtain reliable information on finance events and investment plans.
They update the company's online databases with key financial information, statistics and analysis ensuring quality and building knowledge of the industry.
The work is independently focussed and you will need to meet agreed targets, but team work is very important to us and you should therefore be a team player.
- A graduate with a minimum GPA 2.5 preferably in finance or economics
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Confidence to call investment professionals to build rapport and to gain financial information
- Strong analytical orientation (comfortable working with numerical data)
- Patience and the focus to update a number of profiles
- A keen eye for detail to ensure the accuracy and quality of the information that you gather
- Process orientated and committed to maintaining quality
- Ability and enthusiasm to work independently within a highly focussed, supportive team
- Knowledge or experience of the financial industry and an ability to learn quickly
- You should have at least 6 months of work experience in an office environment which could be in the form of an internship or part-time work through college.
- Any experience in a role where making telephone calls is important would be a distinct advantage
Along with all of the benefits of joining a small and friendly company with the backing of a strong established global brand we provide a competitive annual base salary of $42,000 USD per annum with a bonus potential of $3,200 per annum
Health care and dental (employee only)