Presbyterian Communities and Services

Presbyterian Communities and Services Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Lead Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 28, 2016
Process 300-350 invoices weekly, prepare 2 weekly check runs
Learning Microsoft Excel was a challaenge, but the company paid for my training. All of coworkers & I work as a team
Cons
longer commute
Faith base environment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2016
great work ethic job
good growth opportunity went to work to the Corporate office
Learned labor and Federal laws
great experience on internal investigations
Fast pace environment
horrible
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, txJanuary 29, 2015
Work you like a dog... And the pay sucks I was there two years.when I received my rise I was very disappointed as well as others 12 cents its not appreciation for your hard work
For Profit Non-Christian Home
Life Enrichment (Former Employee) –  North Presbyterian VillageSeptember 16, 2014
Don't let them fool you. This is the WORST place to work. They suffocate you with their Micro-Management. You have to put together a "Project Committee" to throw any event...ANY.

By no means can you talk to the executive director or the assistant executive director. Don't look them in their eyes either. They are way too special for the likes of you.

Oh yes we have a "healthy" budget....it's just for the independent living though

RUN RUN FAR AWAY
Pros
NADA
Cons
Micro Management, No support, Health care is treated like second class
very tough place to work
Former CNA (Former Employee) –  North DallasSeptember 2, 2014
Very low pay micro managed no team work very demanding patients and family members. They give you a bad refencece when they find out you are looking for another job. The turn over rate is very high and they are always under staff. They promised family members everything then expected the Nursing staff to follow through on those promises. Expect the family to tell you how to do your job and a lot of verbal abuse. Management does not stuck up for employees. no room for growth unless you are WHITE.
Pros
its a job if you just need a job
Cons
low pay no raise and a lot of discrimation
Toxic work environment
Occupational Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Presbyterian Village NorthJuly 23, 2014
Poor micro managers which tell you how to perform your job. Marketing staff promising everything to patients and lying pretty much to get them in there. Co-workers really not working as team mates but as sabotaging to be promoted. They promote themselves as religious but unless you know the boards of trustees then you really aren't treated the same. The hardest part of the job is dealing with staff that aren't educated enough.
Pros
Vacation which you can build up and 401 K
Cons
Poor management and false illusion of work environment. Very toxic
Great place to work!
Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  DallasJune 3, 2014
I love my job as a nurse here! My co-workers, supervisor and the doctors are all fantastic. Really - this is the best place that I have ever worked. I work for the hospice side of the company, so we are sad when a patient dies, but this company makes giving great care to our patients the TOP priority. Management often helps with patient care when we are really busy.
Pros
great management
Cons
will let you know when I find one
Non Profit Christian Organization
AR Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasNovember 17, 2011
Non profit, inspiring. Christian filled. Becoming bigger and better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Communities and Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8