Presbyterian Healthcare Services

Presbyterian Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2016
I loved volunteering at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas. It was very rewarding. I worked in the hospital and learned how a hospital worked. I volunteered as a Unit Secretary on the Cardiac floor, Administrative Assistant in Nursing and Admissions. In these positions I was able to get a good feel on how different departments worked together in the hospital environment. I was able to have direct contact with patients, which was very rewarding. Great learning experience and I was lucky to have good mentors.
Pros
Working with patients directly
Cons
Not permanent, no benefits or salary
Great environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. PaulAugust 19, 2016
Great place to work with great pay. I love working with the people and the experience is worth it. The residents bring me a lot of joy. I always can learn something new.
poor communication and protocol
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 9, 2016
I have respect for the staff, although training was very poor. The most enjoyable part of the work day was the clients. This all I would like to say as to my opinion and work experience
Pros
good pay
Cons
very poor communication
Fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJune 21, 2016
I loved the people i worked with and for. Such a fun and loving environment to be in! All m residents were pleasant and i enjoyed going to work
See previous summary
Credentialing Specialist for Medical Staff Affairs (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMay 25, 2016
Please see previous summary, this position was working for the same Director in the same building, for a lot less money.
Pros
A lot of work
Cons
Not enough coworkers.
Great Culture Enviroment
Clinical Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 26, 2016
Working for PHP was one of my best experience. The environment is positive and motivating. The job culture was amazing, the management was fair and professional, the job security was a little skeptical but it may have just been the department I was in that had a high turnover rate.
Pros
Positive Enviroment
Good place
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2016
Good work life in there shift I worked was a 12 hr shift .. good benefits ..work day is good and nice place to work . good place to learn ..
Pros
good work life balaice .
Cons
advanicements
nepotism and cronyism
Process Engineer/Lean Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 29, 2016
if you are related to one of the executives, you'll do fine. Otherwise, you'll have to deal with lots of folks who have a job because of who they are related or married to.
Great Place to Work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 25, 2016
All aspects of the job were great. All support staff are supportive and helpful. All modalities will come together to help patients.
Pros
Great placeto work
Long Hours, Good Co-workers, Decent Pay
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 22, 2016
Obama-care has totally ruined healthcare for a lot of us due to the overwhelming number of people we are seeing, but my co-workers and management are making the best of it for us which is nice. Decent benefits and pay compared to other places, and lots of opportunities for extra money.
Pros
Overtime, Flexibility of schedule, PTO
Cons
Amount of Patients, extremely long hours, irate, entitled patients

Want to know more about Presbyterian Healthcare Services?

Ask a question
Ok for a quick job
Employer/Broker Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 1, 2016
This is not the type of job you want if you are looking to go somewhere in life. This place will make you feel burnt out and unappreciated. This is not the place for someone that wants career advancement
PHCS is a good place to work
Medical Group Secretary (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 16, 2016
I am glued for the most part to my desk. Patients needing to be checked in/out, referrals, prior authorizations needing to be done.
There are educational meetings, not so much at other times.
Immediate management needs lessons in dealing with employees in a more kind, compassionate manner.
The hardest part of the job is hearing when people are terminally ill and you've grown close.
Best part: pot lucks
Pros
Mondays we get lunch catered
Cons
healthcare in this state stinks. Not enough pay for the work
good place to work
Executive Chef of Presbyterian (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 2, 2016
Presbyterian has been here over a 100 years that speaks for its self in many ways. lots of long term staff, and chance to grow internally. I love the vision of the company
Pros
chances to advance internal
Cons
To many work hours
I enjoyed my job greatly
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 27, 2015
Typical 8 hour shift.
New medical terminology, new computer system, new friends.
Great management.
Great people to work with
Leaving the job to move out of town.
Medical transcription is great. I met wonderful people and enjoyed my job
Pros
Great benefits, great people to work with
Cons
Leaving the job to move out of town.
Not appreciated and no room for advancement
Albuquerque Ambulance (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 23, 2015
Albuquerque Ambulance has an extremely large turn over and it partially due to lack of respect and no appreciation. They make promises to employees with no fulfillment. They are over worked and under paid. Presbyterian forces peer to peer with issues, however at Albuquerque Ambulance, Presbyterian policies are null and void. A dispatcher had her license to dispatch revoked by the Governor of New Mexico and she is still entitled to work and answer 911 calls. I do not recommend working at Albuquerque Ambulance, not even as a dispatcher. The turn over rate is extremely high and some current employees have absolutely no respect and are not held accountable.
I like all the jobs had so far, learned a lot
member of PMG-GI team (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 30, 2015
I start the day by reviewing my patient's lab, make sure that everything in order specially prior to their GI procedure. I collect the new consults we receive overnight from the answering service and update our list of patients. I see average 10-20 patients daily.
Make round with my GI team in the morning and at 5 PM daily to discuss patients

Every day we have 3 ACP's, NP/PA and a gastroenterologist. We work together and help each other, call M.D. as needed. Also, we have a gastroenterologists at the GI lab for doing procedures.

The hardest part of the job when I have too many patients needing GI procedures and the GI lab con not fit them in one day, sometimes we have to discharge and bring them back as out patient if it is not urgent.

I like my management staff, they help us when we need them, keep us informed.

I enjoy my job because I have more than 20 years experience in medicine and GI practice and I still learn some thing different every day.
Pros
having many days off after a stretch working 8 days
Cons
If it is busy, 8 days seem longer
Excellent Patient Care Ethics
RMA and assisted the Pulmonologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoOctober 21, 2015
I really enjoyed working here with our pediatric patients. It is just sad that some of these pediatric patients have to go thru so much at such young ages.
Pros
schedule accomodating
Cons
short staffing
Human Resouorces (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 20, 2015
Presbyterian was a great place to work and I often wish I was still there. Individual management varied with the person but that's any organization. The executive leadership team is personable and very connected to the business of medicine. Cutting edge in many ways especially compared to other health care systems across the US.
Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2015
Great work place experience. Diverse patient population. Excellent support and Education. Good work culture. Provided critical care of patients with assessment,planning, implementation and evaluation
Enjoyable environment
Nurse Tech II (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMSeptember 15, 2015
Enjoyable environment to work in, with supportive management. The census got low due to Physicians vacationing, therefore hours were cut. Supporting staff is exceptional to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Presbyterian Healthcare Services Reviews by Location