Presbyterian Healthcare Services

Presbyterian Healthcare Services Employer Reviews

Made for a great short-term experience.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly staff
Cons: short lunch breaks
I worked at the Infusion Center at Presbyterian Health Care for only a month but in that time greatly enjoyed myself. The atmosphere was friendly and patient-minded. Management was very hands on and approachable. Learned how to blend working alone with working with a diverse group of people.
Industry Leader in NM
Network Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits, growth potential, work environment, job security
Cons: pay, too many co-workers who aren't interested in growth, top heavy
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is the largest non-profit integrated delivery system in the state of New Mexico. In addition they are one of the largest private employers in the state. Additionally PHS is one of very few remaining entities that offers cradle to the grave security and creates a career path for any employee willing to take it. Advancement – more... and growth are encouraged from the back office to the front lines of patient care. – less
productive and fun work place
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 8, 2014
a typical day consist of work and small talk make the day enjoyable and the day go by. I learn something new everyday because there is so much stuff coming in on a daily basis. Our supervisor is there day to day and willing to help anyone. The hardest part of the job is the thought of messing up when putting a tray together. the most enjoyable part – more... is knowing that you are helping someone everytime you step into the department. – less
Very nice place to work for
CRT Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2014
In the Adult population I worked with a small group of therapist who made sure that we worked well as a team. Our day typically started out with assessments, and breathing treatments, and it rarely was busy. Of course it had it busy days, but it was never to the point where it was overwhelming. The patients at this hospital were easy going, and didn't – more... have to many traumatic issues like the Trauma 1 hospitals, but they did have some rough days. The most enjoyable part of this job was building relationships with staff, and patients. – less
Registrar II/Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: management
would work there anytime. Recommend this place of employment great chance for advancment
Medical Receptionist responsability
Medical Group Secretary (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
I worked for Presbyterian Healthcare for 20+ yrs. I learned a lot and had opportunities for advancement.
Fun, fast-paced place to work
Marketing/Public Relations Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2014
It was a great experience to work for a renowned company in the healthcare industry. I enjoyed my time there tremendously and learned a lot. I worked on several projects, including writing banners for the website, social media posts/blogs, and headed up a couple public relations pitches for new equipment/services.
Provides quality health care to New Mexico residents
Registered Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good benefit package
Cons: high pressure job
I did laboratory diagnostic testing used the latest instrumentation and record keeping technology. All the laboratory workers have training specific to the type of work they do. The work volume is large and the job is high pressure. It is rewarding to be part of a team that saves lives and provides excellent care to patients.
long hours often working alone because nurses are to busy to help you. If you have questions good luck on that.
ER (Former Employee), New MexicoDecember 31, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: nurse manager did not seem to know how to manage & was a micromanager, some co-worker huge power trip.
Good pay and benefits.

Long hours often no break, patient after patient. It seemed it became more about getting people in and out than about patient care. Some Charge Nurses should not have been in charge either they were grouchy, no sense of humor or no back bone. Other Charge Nurses were fun and cool.

Most enjoyable part trying to help people that – more... really need help. Trying to make their or their families time in the hospital a bit better. No one likes being sick.....

You are spending too much time with patients. .. I thought that was our job to make people feel better. Sometimes that comes about by talking to them, trying to get a smile or heaven forbid a laugh. – less
Great Culture
Lean Specialist Candidate (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 12, 2013
Love this Company...great place to work. If you want to feel like you are making a difference this is the company for you.
Great environment to learn and improve my pr/marketing skills from credible sources in the communications field.
Marketing and PR Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2013
Pros: acquiring countless skills to take with me throughout my pr career
Cons: i was the only intern in the department
• Created public relations materials for release to media outlets, corporate employees, patients and executive leaders
• Conducted interviews with multiple patients and leaders for internal newsletter as well as external media release
• Assisted with coordinating and promoting Breast cancer Awareness events throughout the month of October
• Conducted – more... and presented beneficial social media information to marketing & public relations team – less
Reimbursement Specialist
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 13, 2013
Prepared Medicare and Medicaid cost report for Hospital and Nursing home for reimbursement.
Excellent opportunities to learn new and useful skills in the workplace
Patient Services Coordinator III (Former Employee), Supply, NCAugust 29, 2013
I would love to work with this company again, however, traveling around with my Husband doing outages seems like the better choice for our family at this point.
Great Values and Good People
Project Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 25, 2013
Pros: flexible work options
Overall my experience has been notably positive. I have worked across disciplines and departments and have met a significant percent of the employees. They are great colleagues and are always willing to share their knowledge and provide honest, thoughtful input, direction and solutions.
Billing / Coding / Cash Posting
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 25, 2013
Pros: everything i loved working for presbyterian
Cons: long hours at the end of the month
I loved working for Presbyterian! We had great benifits, great people, and just a overall fun place to work!
exelent work place
Point of Service (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2013
care and supportive management. new computer system financial services for patients calculations for insurance ded and co insurance for procedures. hardest part was calling to try to explain to patients that they owed money before they got procedures done and why. every day I enjoyed going to work.
Know your manager before hire!
RN Enterprise-wide coding (Current Employee), Business CenterMay 18, 2013
Pros: large, stable company, good co-workers.
Cons: don't expect management support. do your homework!
Company is really making an effort but management in some areas is antiquated in style including dictating dress beyond code rules, highly mistrustful toward staff,etc. Total lack of interest in staff personal needs.

HR can't/won't deal with it after consistent complaints.

This is NOT every department!
Volunteer & Community Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2013
I manage a volunteers who help support our hospice mission or providing physical, emotional and spiritual support to patients and emotional and spiritual support for their families.
Busy day to day function of a hospital.
Patient Service Representative /Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoApril 2, 2013
Pros: co workers, opportunities
Cons: not enough staff for work load.
Loved working for Presbyterian Hospital. You work with a variety of people and learn many different functions. Motivating environment and wonderful team work!
Never a dull moment`
Exec Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 25, 2013
A typical day in the S/C Service Line Administrator offices never offered a dull moment. Many different personalities, expectations and personal goals... all having to do with excellence of patient care. It was a delight to be part of such an entity. My only reason for leaving is to relocate back to my hometown in Montana following a family tragedy.