Presbyterian Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work at.
REGISTRAR 2 (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 17, 2017
Loved working there but unfortunately had to move. So much improvement to grow as a person. Crossed trained in every department and was always willing to pick up shifts.
Great Place to Work!
Bed Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2017
I have worked at Presbyterian for almost 6 years and it is the best placed I have worked. The culture of caring and putting patients first is amazing. And I love the people I work with.
Poor Management and lack of respect for employees
Home Health Care Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2017
Ongoing mandatory unpaid overtime in a salary position. Poor management and work environment. Lack of respect or communication with employees. Unrealistic expectations for workload.
Decent place to work.
CPE Resident Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 9, 2017
Over all this is a decent place to work. The people work together as a team to make sure patients are receiving the best care possible. The benefits are also good and helpful. They allow employees ways to be able to care for themselves.
Pros
Team work, Opportunities for continued education, Benefits
Cons
Budget cuts
High Stress Coding Department
Remote Enterprise Wide II Coder (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 27, 2017
We had to give at least 3 months notice to take a day off in the inpatient coding department, and then if they couldn't find coverage for you, you couldn't take the time off. Had to work mandatory weekends and holidays, depending on where "end of the month" fell or if the AR was too high for that particular week. Productivity & chart rates increased right after ICD-10 went into effect, which I personally never understood that with having to utilize a brand new code set? They discontinued the contract coder's help and basically wanted to do more with less and put more pressure on the in-house coders to work more OT and maintain the increased chart & productivity rates on a weekly basis. They expected any level of experience coder to make the set productivity rates, regardless if you hadn't coded a specific type of coding before, which I felt like I had to rush and compromise my coding to meet their high productivity rates. Managers in the departments I worked in were very "cold" and didn't offer much guidance or help and all they seemed to care about was getting their AR numbers down each week.
Pros
On-boarding intro into company was great, able to work from home.
Cons
Time off wasn't guaranteed, had to work mandatory weekends / holidays, very stressful
Great Organization
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 25, 2017
Presbyterian is a great organization to work for. It's the best place I've ever worked at. Presbyterian has awesome programs to help employees with weight loss, therapy and smoking cessation programs.
Pros
Programs to help mental health, physical health
Cons
Poor management/Leadership
Getting together for putlucks to celebrate anniversaries or birthdays
Self-Pay Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed learning and being crossed trained to help when needed. The workload was not a problem, never had any major issues, got along with everyone. I never had problems meeting my quotas.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short lunches
Overworked at Kaseman
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 13, 2017
There were many days in which the nurse technicians are required to care for 18+ patients on a shift. I felt overworked the entire time I was employed there with little recognition for the hard work I put in from management. Happy to leave.
fun and fast paced work with the elderly
Dietary Aid / Server (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 11, 2017
Overall I was not sure what to expect as my first food service job, however my coworkers where all very friendly, constantly cracking jokes an keeping the atmosphere bright. The food service manager felt like a real friend and i got to know him personally, which really helped me feel like part of the community, overall was a great job,.
Pros
great managment, good hours
Cons
the elderly can be rude when their hungry
A Typical Day at Work
Analytics Associate III (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 2, 2017
Great coworkers who work as a team to sole problems/issues with data integrity and reporting. Many urgent reporting requests are received on a daily basis making it sometimes stressful.
Management is poor
CM (Former Employee) –  ABQ, NMJune 1, 2017
Presbyterian Health Plan management is riddled with narcissism
and nepotism. Negative and bullying workplace environment. No advancement from within.Good pay and benefits but you have to sell your professional soul to put up with the environment. "Peter Principle" at its best. LPNs telling RNs what to do/disciplinary role-really!
Pros
Case management members work very hard to meet the needs of the clients
Cons
Negative bullying environment. Under educated management
Horrible place for leave issues.
Health Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 28, 2017
When my parent died I was told there was no bereavement leave and written up for calling in when my parent passed in hospice. I would expect a healthcare provider to be more compassionate.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
No compassion
clean patients room ect.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2017
clock in, get equipment the is needed for the job. get with your group push cleaning cart on each floor to clean each room util all rooms in your area is complete.
Great place to work.
Certified NursingAssistant/Trained medication aide (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 14, 2017
Great place to work and friendly environment. Residents and care givers interact as family. Staff break room is welcoming and feels happy to bring suggestion to help making our job rewarding.
dedicated employees and management
Compliance, Data Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Remote, NMMay 14, 2017
this is a great place to work. Management is very dedicated to their patients and those they serve in the NM community. I don't have anything negative to write, I have worked for Presbyterian at two different times in my life and both have been good experiences.
Challenging
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 8, 2017
We work 12 hour shifts with overtime each pay period. The current climate is unsettled as we are undergoing changes in management once again. We have had 5 executive directors in 5 years, DON's number more than 8 in 5 years. Stability in management is a problem that affects staff and creates tension. Rumors continue to fly causing staff to wonder about their job stability.
The best part of the job is interacting with the residents and being a part of their lives. After all we do our jobs for them and not the company.
Working in healthcare will always be challenging as we constantly balance cost vs quality. As a healthcare provider quality should always come first, it is our basic oath to provide care and do no harm.
As we embark on nurses week let us support each other and provide excellent care for those who trust us to provide for their welfare.
Decent job without decent pay
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 6, 2017
The work doesn't seem to fit the pay especially because of the changing schedule. Also the drama between coworkers is out of line and the management is very weak and doesn't hold its employees accountable for their actions.
Very friendly staff
Registered Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  PriorMay 1, 2017
Good benefits and staff are friendly, clients are fun to work with. Great place to meet people of different caliber and flexible schedule. High standards of health care services.
Pros
Different items for grab on free table every week.
Cons
Very good healthcare insurance
Good culture for patients, members and employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 29, 2017
I feel that it is a good place to work. The pay could be better. Most of my co-workers are accepting of me. I feel that if i have a problem i am able to discuss it with my charge nurse and everyone wont hear about it.
Pros
It can be a semi stable job
Cons
Alot of work with no appreciation or acknowledge of all I do for the office
Great people to work with and wonderful residents I cared for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phelps, KYApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed my training and employment at the nursing home. I learned so much from the CNAs there and other staff ..Everyone was willing to help me as I trained
Pros
Wonderful staff and nursing directors.great benefits
Cons
I saw it as a pro ..Lots of overtime available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Presbyterian Healthcare Services Reviews by Location