Presbyterian Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Intern
Marketing/Public Relations Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2015
I worked for Presbyterian Healthcare during my time at Western Carolina. The internship was a great learning experience, and I still use many samples of my work with them to show to clients now.
Presbyterian Healthcare Rating
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 30, 2015
Pros: Good training
Cons: Petty office gossip
A typical day at work meant coming in at 6:00 a.m. and readying for patients to arrive for outpatient surgery admission by 6:30. I had a group of usually 20-25 patients with files ready to complete as they came in. Along with collecting their EID or self-pays, I rechecked the files to be certain their documentation was in order. Of course there were other admissions that arrived in the department at the same time so there might be occasion when my attention would be divided among other patients depending upon how well staffed the department was at the moment. Generally we had only two to three other patient clerks. As an account representative, I did not have to do this as the clerks were on the front desk. As a representative I did mostly computer input and coding. Furthermore I would check my past due accounts in files that were at 30/60/90/120 and beyond.

Management was supportive and there were many training sessions and occasion for opinions and surveys by staff to hospital administration. The environment was positive and upbeat and when organizational policy was ready to be changed, management was always ready to explain in a thorough and empathetic manner.

The best part of the job was the pot luck dinners we held and the relationship that management had with the employees.
Leadership has no idea what employees do
revenue (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueMay 20, 2015
Pros: Always hiring (they can't keep employees)
Cons: Everything
Leadership constant institutes new 'projects' that the employees are told to 'embrace'. When the people who actually do the work tell them it won't work, they don't listen. When it doesn't work, they pretend that they knew it wouldn't work and that's why they're introducing a 'new' project.

Presbyterian is always hiring because they cannot keep good employees.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services provided ample educational opportunities for professional growth.
Enterprise Wide Coding Auditor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoMay 13, 2015
Pros: Help with CEUs, potlucks, birthday celebrations, Holiday Dinner
Cons: N/A
A typical day began with greetings from team members. We would sign into the system and begin working. We worked independently since we each were assigned specific sites to audit. I audited the hospitalist groups at Presbyterian Main Hospital, Kaseman Hospital, Clovis Hospital and Socorro Hospital. Other auditors were assigned different specialty groups. Medical records were requested for each hospitalist, reviewed and audited. Then I met with the doctors individually and we would go over the audit. Power points were provided for education along with the audits. The hardest part of the job was convincing the provider that I was on his side. The most rewarding part of the job was when the provider passed his audit and thanked me for helping him or her to meet that goal.
Productive and busy workplace.
HIM Quality Review Specialist (Former Employee), 1100 Central Ave Se Albuquerque, NMMay 12, 2015
Pros: Was allowed to listen to music device while working.
Cons: Short breaks and lunches.
Scan all documents into the Epic system and place in correct files to be viewed by nurses and providers. Quality review on all entries. Once work was completed I would utilize my time to prep and scan documents into the system to keep the flow and work pace. Pull charts for specific departments.

I learned how the medical records system supports the hospital and clinics and importance of privacy.

The hardest part was running out of work.

The people I worked with and got to know was the most enjoyable part.
Filled with excellent nurses
Nurse Navigator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 24, 2015
Supportive of education, both professional and personal. Provides incentives for the pursuit of wellness and fosters those goals. Nursing management consistently attempts to achieve improved patient care. Evaluation of current practices is ongoing.
Great organization to work for overall
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Albuquerque/Rio RanchoApril 22, 2015
I love Presbyterian, it has been a wonderful place to work. I have worked there for almost 25 years and have had the opportunity to work in many different areas throughout the organization.
An Exciting and Challenging place to work
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 13, 2015
Pros: Helping people on a daily basis
Cons: Current Staffing
Presbyterian Healthcare services is a Challenging and rewarding place to work, our team of ECSM's is a team of 2 supporting 8 Hospitals and over 40 Clinics. We are responsible for everything Technical that pertains to EPIC, from building and troubleshooting printing issues to Installing patches for our 40+ Windows servers and coordinating upgrades to our Citrix environment. Not only do we support our Hospitals and Clinics we provide Technical assistance to our application support teams.
Organization promotes a strong mission with strong leadership
Director IT Planning & Portfolio Management (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 7, 2015
Good top-down communication on goals, strategies and plans. The company lives its mission to improve the quality of health while reducing costs.
Poor infrastructure and poor management
Medical-surgical staff nurse (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: too many pilots interfering with nursing care
Too many pilots that take place that interfere with nursing care. Retaliation by charge nurses and new nursing staff. It was awful how they eliminated the LPN's from working inpatient medical-surgical nursing. Some of those LPN's were amazing nurses and put some of the RN's to shame. It was just an awful experience having to say good bye to some of the best nurses there.
Terrible pay
HB Configuration Analyst (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: fun work, great co-workers
Cons: terrible pay
While the work was fun and my co-workers were great, the pay was so low I had to get a second job to pay all of my bills. I took the job because I was laid off and the work looked fun.
PHS RR
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: no breaks
Rooming patients, recording vitals and history

Management was horrible. No communication other than with their "friends".
This position requires focus and knowledge of what needs to be accomplished.
Premium Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: stayed well occupied and assured my position required my full attention.
A typical day would be organizing priorities, and completing tasks to ensure that all areas of this position were fulfilled.

The management was always available for questions, assistance and listened to new ideals with an open mind.

All co-workers were focused knowing that the day was full of responsibilities and requirements to compete tasks. Co-workers were very friendly and willing to assist with each other when needed.

This position required full focus which makes your day zoom by and I felt each and every day was filled with accomplishments.
Albuquerque Ambulance Needs a Hero
Field Crew (Current Employee), Albuquerque Ambulance ServiceNovember 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers, understaffed = more hours and more $ in your pocket
Cons: clueless and corrupt upper-management, airhead dispatchers, working 60+ hours a week for minimal pay
Albuquerque Ambulance provides great EMS opportunity, however the company is poorly run. If you plan to work for AAS, I beg you to LOVE what you do while being ready to forsake sleep, family life, social life, second/third jobs, pay, and any semblance of sanity. Be ready for a big helping of back-to-back calls and a side of bi-weekly mandatory overtime, garnished with hours of overtime charting. Make sure you pack a lunch (or all 3 meals) because you will get no breaks, no snacks, and no sympathy. Do not expect respect from anybody in dispatch or management. Scheduling will deny your time off, even though they have open PTO slots to give away. Field and logistics staff will be the only people that keep you from becoming a total drone. But don't let me dissuade you; the city of Albuquerque needs you, and AAS is severely understaffed!
making a difference with patients and family
Medical Assistant/Surgical Assistant (Current Employee), Rio Rancho, NMOctober 29, 2014
Pros: making my patients feel that they were very well taken care of.
Cons: having to rush my ptients
I so much enjoy helping the elder. I feel that we tend to forget how special and important they are. Working with the elder gives me such a heart feeling sense of acomplishement, In my everyday work....
Strong Sense of Mission
Market Analyst (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2014
I loved working for Presbyterian and felt like what I did really mattered. It's a great company doing good things. Somewhere along the line I got a little stuck in my advancement opportunities [' had a boss who didn't believe in me], so I moved on, but that was long ago!
Worked with a great group of coworkers, fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: office was open m-f, no weekends or holidays
Cons: occasionally had to move to other departments to fill in where ever needed.
A typical day at work was registering patients, obtaining demographics and signatures, verifying insurances, collecting copays/deductibles, answering phones and assisting other front end staff. Co-workers and I worked closely and assisted each other whenever needed to get work done. Hardest part of the job was remaining on hold for insurance companies to obtain benefits and authorizations. Enjoyed working with patients and staff.
The All Time Worst Employee Ever.
N/A (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 6, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible working atmosphere. constant threats.
I worked for Pres and it is the most demoralizing place to work. They could care less about their employees. This shows in the fact they cannot keep good employees. The pay is great but they treat you like a machine. The Directors, Managers and Supervisors are taught to pit employees against each other. Stay far away from this company.
Presbyterian could be a good place to work.
Coder/Abstractor II (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 28, 2014
I had issues with new and old management personnel and not being able to count on things I was assured would happen.
Had a Manager with a Heart of Gold
Medical Unit Nurse Tech II (Current Employee), Clovis, NMJuly 9, 2014
Co-workers were like family and my boss cared about each and everyone of us.