Presbyterian Homes & Services

Presbyterian Homes & Services Employee Reviews

Amazing Residents and Staff
Server, Hostess, Preparation employee (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 19, 2015
It's a fast paced environment once the shift starts and slows down at the end to a more relaxing pace where you can talk to the residents and staff more. Staff are very nice and helpful.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch/dinner depending on what shift you work
Cons
Almost always short staffed
Woodbury Location
server (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNNovember 16, 2015
Working short is defined as...serving 50+ seniors with only 2 servers instead of 4..meanwhile you will be bussing the tables ..doing all the dishes including all the cooks pots, pans, knifes, cutting boards , all the dishes from the 18+ residents in the memoryloss dept. vaccuming dining room, sweeping and mopping kitchen, folding napkins for the tables , resetting the tables all between the hours of 430-7
Pros
Free meals
Cons
upset, irritable seniors
Look elsewhere, you will find a better place. I promise.
server (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNNovember 9, 2015
This specific location is a joke. The company needs improvement. Trust no one, especially upper management. We were always short. The place talks a lot about "budget" but spends $$ on the craziest things. Look elsewhere! I promise you, you will find a more decent job. If you aren't someone's favorite here then good luck!
Pros
Free food. Residents. Some awesome co workers who actually got your back.
Cons
Low pay. Always short staffed. Upper management not involved but talks mad trash.
The management is a joke
server (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 26, 2015
I feel like I have been here forever and yet I am never rewarded for of my efforts in any kind of way. All of the upper management are fake and hardly try to improve the lives of the workers since they are only concerned with themselves. Many promises are made, but are never fulfilled. They don't even think our job is hard, but they're not the ones staying 1 or 2 hours after their shift was supposed to end. I have had to leave at almost 9pm and all the work was still not complet, yet were usually expected to be perfect. There is never any communication with the managers. They will say one thing you agree with, then once your back is turned they will do the complete opposite. Even the residents tell us many times how this place is a joke. I try to make it better for them, but I know it is never enough. We are short almost always. The scheduling is never consistent and normally a new one doesn't come out until a few days before the old one ends. There are usually only 2-4 days during a 2 week period where we are fully staffed. The work here is very demanding and tiring, but is even more so when there is only two of you working for a dining room full of hungry people. It makes it harder to get motivated to do the job well because you just want to get it done so you can end the day with some dignity left. Everyone is leaving because they know there is never any progression at this site, especially for its servers.
This isn't even the end of all the awful stuff that goes on here, I'd tell you to see for yourself, but I'd rather advise you and say to just ignore this job because
  more... there are way better options out there than this worthless place.  less
Pros
Free food, residents, weekends are free of upper management, coworkers
Cons
no compensation for hard work, bad management, always short
Clean and productive workplace
RN,BSN (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 9, 2015
Fun work place with friendly staff but not so very good management with the staffing. Learned new things from colleagues with good teamwork. Approved paid vacation and that's what i look forward after a year of accumulating my paid leave credits.
A great place to work
Household Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 9, 2015
A typical day at work is spending time with residents, I have learned patience and kindness. I have learned many leadership skills and work with many cultures.
Deer field gables new Richmond wi
Nurse (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 22, 2015
staffs are very unfriendly which creates a hostile work environment especially if you are a person of color basically the staffs are racist .Facility is Poorly managed.
Cons
racist, underpaid, no team work
I have some much Compassion working with the Elderly
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCAugust 19, 2015
I enjoy working with the elderly. It's rewarding in assisting them on a day-to-day bases. The hardest part of this job was when someone passes away.
Pros
Embracing the needs of others
Cons
Death of a patient
I assist with elderly individuals as they play games, go on outings or use the computer.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNAugust 4, 2015
I assist with elderly individuals in playing games, using the computer and going on outings. I work one-on-one with some, as well as work with larger groups. The hardest part about volunteering here is finding time while working. The part I enjoy the most is feeling like I made a difference or brought joy to their day.
Pros
Residents, staff
Cons
Finding time to volunteer
Have the right attitude
Hospice (Current Employee) –  RosevilleAugust 1, 2015
This company has a culture of caring. I am impressed with their attitude and mindset. I belive that they want to do the right thing for all of their patients. It is evident in what they do, their policies, and the people that they hire.
Pros
You know that you matter with this company
Cons
Pay could be better
Productive, busy work invironment, resulting in satisfying results of patient care.
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring Park, MNJuly 7, 2015
A typical day involves everything from resident health assessment and medication management, to coordination with interdisciplinary team from MDs to Pharmacists, and care planning of individual residents. Good place to advance in various skills that have enhanced my knowledge, direct management is very supportive. Hardest part of the job is the demanding schedule, with limited replacement for sick day or vacations. Co-workers are supportive and easy to get along with. Patient and family interaction and assistance is where I derive the most enjoyment.
Pros
Faith based invironment, beautiful setting
Cons
often work short when another staff is sick or on vacation
Life fufillment and Opportunity for Advances.
Supervisor, Lead Server (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 20, 2015
A typical day at work requires someone who is full of energy and always kind. I have learned at this job that the opportunities for advancement begin with who you know. Management adheres to policies and procedures while looking to maintain individualized services. The co workers vary by age, interest and longevity in the workforce. The hardest part of the job is working understaffed some days without breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a supporting team enriching the lives of older adults in a Christian based community!
Pros
Free lunch for nutrition staff, chaplin support, personal fufillment.
Cons
Heavy amount of walking per day, limited to just the dining room.
Nursing Assistant. Resident Care. Memory care. Hard but rewarding.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Park, MNMay 29, 2015
Participated in Daily activities of residents, took care of residents' needs and wants, resident hygiene, recorded output and input, took vitals.
I learned how to care for residents with memory loss.
Coworkers were great friends of mine after working together.
Hardest part of job was the lack of time we were allowed to spend with each resident. It seemed like we were always rushing everything.
I loved every resident like they were my own grandparents. They were so enlightening and delightful to be with every day.
Pros
rewarding. loved working with the residents.
Cons
time crunch. some employees didn't do their jobs.
Not what I expected
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 29, 2015
I took this job to see what it had to offer. I was very frustrated with this job the only positive I had was serving the residents that lived in the building. My typical day would start at 7am and would go to 2pm. I would have a half hour break then start my shift at 4 and get done at 8:00 pm. I got paid very little for all the work I did and for a bonus they don't give cash but a gift card for 10 bucks. The cook would always have an attitude and so did those in management. Many people left this job after a few months. Tomorrow is my last day and I am glad I am leaving.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
pay, schedule, managment
The best part was the residents
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNApril 3, 2015
Very, very busy mornings, but this allowed for the residents become part of my family. It was hard to leave because I knew that the residents were getting exceptional care when I was working and couldn't always guarantee that with the following shift.
Cannot be trusted
not hired (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest PlaceMarch 22, 2015
I was hired for a specific schedule. Uniforms were ordered, drug test and criminal background were completed. All new hire paperwork was completed. Then I was told that my schedule would not be what was agreed upon. Very disappointed. Executive Director can not be trusted. Thank god I did not resign from my current position.
Pros
Not known
Cons
ED can not be trusted
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 30, 2015
I was a nursing assistant there and really enjoyed my time there. the nurses and other nursing assistants were very supportive and made for a great work environment
It's a job
Home health aide/ resident assistant (Current Employee) –  roseville, MNDecember 21, 2014
If it wasn't for my residents I don't know what I'd do. The management and other departments are so disrespectful towards homecare at this facility. We are the scum of the earth here. But we stick together and get through our shifts from day to day. They never have enough staff on duty and the residents complain and the can's are exhausted.
Pros
great residents
Cons
no breaks
Great people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNDecember 19, 2014
Great place to work, the only draw back is scheduling is unwilling to work with you.
Fun workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 8, 2014
Enjoyable and a good place to gain knowledge. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Friendly staff. The most enjoyable part is working with the residents.