Presbyterian Homes and Services

Presbyterian Homes and Services Employer Reviews

Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNJanuary 30, 2015
I was a nursing assistant there and really enjoyed my time there. the nurses and other nursing assistants were very supportive and made for a great work environment
It's a job
Home health aide/ resident assistant (Current Employee), roseville, MNDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great residents
Cons: no breaks
If it wasn't for my residents I don't know what I'd do. The management and other departments are so disrespectful towards homecare at this facility. We are the scum of the earth here. But we stick together and get through our shifts from day to day. They never have enough staff on duty and the residents complain and the can's are exhausted.
Great people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNDecember 19, 2014
Great place to work, the only draw back is scheduling is unwilling to work with you.
Fun workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNNovember 8, 2014
Enjoyable and a good place to gain knowledge. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Friendly staff. The most enjoyable part is working with the residents.
Great site
Resident assistant (Former Employee), Oak Park Heights, MNNovember 2, 2014
Pros: nice building
Cons: no 15 min breaks even after you work long enough to get one, horrible co workers, management, short staffed
It was a lovely building but co-workers and management below par. Constantly short staffed, if you had a issue and you brought it to the manger it was never solved. And don't get injured on the job! They will fight not to pay your workmans comp and will suspend you so they don't have to!
ok for what it was
Baker/Cook (Former Employee), Prior Lake, MNOctober 18, 2014
Pros: lunch provided, benefits
Cons: management
starting pay was ok, management was at best indifferent to what was going obn in the kitchen and at worst incompetent
Great people to work along side and good foundation
grounds lead (Current Employee), lakeland flOctober 16, 2014
This is and was my favorite job to work at because of the atmosphere. there are good wholesome people to work around that make you feel at home. the only downside is the pay. For all the hard work that the employees put in and how much the job pulls in I feel as though the employees should be paid way more than they receive.
Sad and Racist un-Christian Organization
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), MN, WoodburyOctober 13, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: underpaid and over stressed
The management is poor. This is a very fake "Christian" society. I have never worked for a job this stressful before. For it to be a Christian organization they do not treat people like God would want and a lot of the managemt are very racist. If I could have given them one star I woukd have! The only position is the residents.
All of us team worker and friends
C.N.A (Current Employee), Evanston, ILOctober 10, 2014
I am happy workin with this company and residents all we are team workers to make better and best facility.
Great Work Place
Server (Current Employee), New Richmond, WISeptember 21, 2014
Everyone at the Nursing home is super nice and will help you out if you need it.
Very Inconsistent with standards of practice and interpersonal communicqtion.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 25, 2014
some colleagues do not value the efforts and sacrifices of other colleagues. Staff sometimes are filled with bitterness which circulates in the work area and transcends down to those who need help (patients).
However, the diversity in culture and race creates a good impact on the population served and reduces individualism.
na
CNA (Former Employee), Spring Park, MNAugust 18, 2014
great work place , friendly environment and flexible hours
Great learning opportunity and fun job.
Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) (Current Employee), Cambridge, MNJuly 18, 2014
Worked for company 4 years now, enjoyed the variety of the work experience I received and learned a lot about the profession. Management and co-workers were helpful and understanding. The typical work day consumed of taking care of residents such as, toileting, transporting, transferring, dressing and feeding. The hardest part of the job is losing a resident. The most enjoyable part is putting a smile of the residents face.
CNA (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 17, 2014
One of the best places I have ever worked in. There is spirit of cooperation among the staff when it comes to helping out. Issues concerning jobs get addressed in a timely manner. The environment is physically attractive. Most people would want to work there. I enjoyed working there.
Productive, Keeps you on your toes and fun place to work
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Evanston, ILJune 13, 2014
Pros: nice benifits and scholorship
Patrol on foot and in a vehicle. Use a radio. Respond to calls for service. Respond to emergency situations. Make effective decision in emergency situations. Preform alarm testing. Drive escort vehicle to and from campus. Run dispatch center.
Great place to work and amazing employees
Homecare Services Coordinator/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 1, 2014
Pros: co-workers, family like atmosphere
PHS is a non-profit, Christian Organization that cares not only for the people it serves, but also it's employees.
Daily Schedule
Community Service Counselor (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMay 28, 2014
Determine patient’s qualifications by assessing their daily needs.
Schedule and verify appointments and home consultations for patients.
High-impact communicator effectively presenting and conveying information through written and verbal contact with patients and family members.
Utilized Ability software for medical billing.
Utilized HCHB and Point Click Care software for patient entry.
Maintain high level of confidentiality.
Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Poor Management and heavy work load
Nursing (Former Employee), CambridgeMay 17, 2014
Poor management. Very large work load. No forgiveness for family issues or illnesses. Work load makes it very easy to make mistakes.
Great job for high school students
Waitress (Former Employee), Evanston, ILApril 15, 2014
Great job for high school students, but not for anyone looking for a career.
Horrible management, patient overload
RN (Former Employee), Roseville, MNApril 7, 2014
too many patients, no help from management... that is, unless the state surveyors are there. I would keep looking if I were you.

1 2 3

About Presbyterian Homes and Services

Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad – Read more

Presbyterian Homes and Services Salaries