Presbyterian Homes and Services

Presbyterian Homes and Services Employer Reviews

Horrible management, patient overload
RN (Former Employee), Roseville, MNApril 7, 2014
too many patients, no help from management... that is, unless the state surveyors are there. I would keep looking if I were you.
Employees making the best out of what they have
CNA (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 2, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: no room for advancement, not enough supplies
A typical day at work includes coming in working short with very little help from management. I have learned it is not what you know but who you now to advance in the workplace. Management of the facility needs to be improved; as members of management carry on like a sorority. Subordinates only can do the best they can with available supplies. The hardest – more... part of the job is trying to make the environment suitable enough for the clients within the facility; while the most enjoyable part is punching out to go home. – less
A large retirement community
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Evanston, ILMarch 13, 2014
Presbyterian Homes is a large retirement community located in Evanston, IL. It was a decent place to work.
na
Wellness Nurse (Former Employee), Evanston, ILMarch 9, 2014
I liked experiencing this area of nursing. I worked with great coworkers as we all worked together when needed and also worked with autonomy to give care to the residents.
Beautiful facility to work in.
TMA/CNA (Current Employee), North Oaks, MNMarch 8, 2014
Pros: beautiful facility to work in, payraise every 1, 000 hours your employed there, and good health and dental benefits. plenty of opportunity to pick up more hours.
Cons: constantly short staffed, management tends to burn out employees due to inablility to hire for open cores, there's a pay ceiling so you can't continue to make more money, management moves employees around to different areas with little to no notice.
It's a huge all in one facility, with nursing home on the ground floor, assisted livings and independant living on the main floor and memory care on the 2nd floor. The resident's are always a delight and the staff is helpful. Times are a little stressful at the time, there's a shortage of workers and management is having a hard time filling open cores, – more... so working short staffed is usually a given on any day; but it teaches you how to be productive and efficient, with a smile always on your face..well on mine anyways! – less
Very good company to work for
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), chanhassen MNFebruary 5, 2014
The training is really intense, they help you get comfortable with your job and provide all the necessary help that you may need
A job I loved
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 24, 2014
This was one job I loved. I provided administrative support to my "department" as well as any other area that needed assistance. I took pride in the fact I was the "go to" person.
Server (Former Employee), MahtomediDecember 27, 2013
Pros: free dinners
Serving residents in dining room of Assisted Living facility.
Learned some food preparation.
Great management and co-workers.
na
Resident Assistant/ HHA (Current Employee), Cottage Grove, MNDecember 24, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
I go to work and pass medications and perform basic ADL. I learned a lot from the residents and the management is alright. My coworkers are fun to work with and enjoy what they do. The hardest part is when they lose someone that we care for. I get to meet and care for some of the most amazing people!
Friendly Staff
Home Health Aide/ Resident Assistant (Current Employee), North Oaks, MNDecember 7, 2013
Pros: nice facility, workout room
Attending to the needs of older adults in an assisted living environment, enabling them to maintain independent functioning as much as possible. Administering medications, once per shift safety checks, assisting with toileting as needed. Coworkers are willing to assist other employees when needed.
Great Working Enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), spring park,mnNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: point system
Love working there everyday and working with the staff and residents.
Work environment was pleasant
Medical Billing and Coding Consultant (Former Employee), Roseville, MNNovember 14, 2013
Consulting on Billing and Coding

I learned to research the information needed

No Management

No co workers

Not sure there was a hard part

Not having to go to the office daily
Top notch facility.
Eight Week Intern (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYNovember 13, 2013
Lots a variety. They will certify you as a CNA if you have no education in that field.
Productive, Fun, Team Work
(CNA), Home Health Aide/ Homemaker (Former Employee), Cambridge, MNOctober 20, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: short staffed sometimes
A typical day at work is assisting the elderly with all ADL's
Productive and a fun place to for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNOctober 9, 2013
A Typical day at work:
I start with a smile saying good morning or good evening, I like to come work 30 or 45 min in advance to get report on the residents that I am working with. Making sure that all their needs are met. Starting off with vitals and blood sugar and other personal cares.

What I learned:
To have great compassion and understanding for – more... my resident and my peers.

Supervisor always had positive free back

Your co-worker
Do the best to my abilities to assist with any needs as necessary. Also to be a great team player.

The hardest part of the job
My hardest of the job is when others leave their work undone.

The most enjoyable part of the job
To assist my resident with basic care and meeting their needs – less
Highschool Job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 3, 2013
Your typical dietary job. I had only worked three hours a day. A great job for high school students
Was great experience to being at this place for an internship
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Roseville, MNSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great experierence and oversees what a cna would start out like.
Cons: short breaks
I have learned that being a CNA wasn't easy for anyone. It takes that person to be one and especially first hands on when they wake up, toileting, and dressing. Above all, I still love my job.
Profressional place to work as a Public Safety Officer.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILAugust 24, 2013
Learned how to provide security and investigative services for a residental facility.
Having the experence of working with different types of animals.
Trained Medication Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MNAugust 19, 2013
I mainly worked here on the weekends. The main thing that I was responsible for was the up keep of the 60 fish tanks. The hardest part of the job was getting everything done. While I liked working with all of the animals.
Many dedicated staff that are willing to go above and beyond.
CNA/TMA (Current Employee), Cambridge, MNAugust 19, 2013
Working there full-time there is a lot that they expect. The staff that I directly work with are great, it is the management that could be better. The hardest part of the job is being able to get everything done on time before having to leave for the day.

1 2 3

About Presbyterian Homes and Services

Presbyterian Homes & Services, based in Roseville, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad – Read more