Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

new direction in health care
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2017
competitive work environment
daily work schedule changes frequently
document everything in multiple platforms
continual competencies
guaranteed hours
small team
Pros
guarenteed hours
Cons
small team
Good job, poor pay, poor leadership, flexible hours
Emergency Department EMT-Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 18, 2017
Work 12 hour shifts, usually 3 days a week. Required to pick up to oncall shifts every month. Management is usually flexible with what days you need to work. Have prn, part time and full time positions. Pay is low compared to other hospitals. Management always asks for your opinion then go opposite what people say. Doesn't make sense. If your a nurse or provider you are more valuable. Techs are expendible. Always short handed. ER is always busy and people are worked to the bone which leads to high turnover rate. Pros Enjoy helping people to feel better and get them on there way. Enjoy all the skills you can do as a tech and flexability in hours. Cons cant give meds, lazy nurses, charge nurses that micromanage. Also management does not care about its techs and never listens to its staff.
Felt like one in a crowd
Registered Nurse, Clinical Practice Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 17, 2017
While there were strong benefits and decent pay- the switch to corporate/larger organization from a smaller, locally owned company made me feel like one in a crowd. Pressure for overtime and changes in management were drawbacks to this position.
benefits
Cons
large organization, management
Place where you gain skills
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2017
learned how to make patient charts, pull charts for patients being seen that day to making copies faxing ,and putting documents away.
the job is easy and you get to work alone
Pros
in your office working and listening to music
Cons
alot of paperwork have to be really organized
Learning experience
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 14, 2017
Great Hospital, I got to volunteer there for a while and I learned a lot like how to answer phone calls, file and even take messages. This was a learning experience for me since I was kind of young.
My job was in a fast pace setting but I learned and experienced alot
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2017
Everyone come in and start getting report from the off going shift,Then afterwards you get report from the nurse who just received the patient.Together you and that work as a team with his or her patients.My manager is pretty fair with her staff when it comes with getting time off and trying to make things work smoothly for her staff.The hardest part of my job is helping the nurses save lives everyday.The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on they ones faces knowing you done a good job.Everyone on my floor get"s along with each other because that creates a better work place for everyone.I"ve learned that team work always make the dream work.
Christian-based, community feel
Staff RN/Charge Nurse on Coronary Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2017
A typical day for RN's were 12-hours (7-7), day or night. Every other weekend. Small hospital feel, where everyone seems to know everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was having co-workers who also became lifelong friends.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
stress
In house transcription, I was allowed to work remotely for 7 years.
Remote Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for Presbyterian as I was able to work from home while my kids were growing up. Super management and support. When I did go in house for meetings, everyone was very pleasant.
Pros
I was able to work from home for 7 years
great place to work
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2017
I investigated complaints that patients had regarding care of the hospital. I learned patience dealing with anger people. My boss was amazing and taught me a lot. The culture was great being non profit.The hardest part of my job was seeing the hurt and anger in the patients. The most enjoyable part was being able to assist and resolve the issue they had.
benefits
Cons
my ablity to commuicate with staff
Family feel in Hospital
Staff RN/Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75093April 10, 2017
Department had good teamwork. I was able to grow and advance in the department. The culture when I first started at hospital was very close. It became more money driven towards the end

Want to know more about Presbyterian Hospital?

Ask a question
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 10, 2017
Loved the nursing care offered here. I enjoyed the nurses and other clerical staff. The doctors were fairly easy to work with. Very demanding but good at what they do. The Human Resources Dept. cares about their people and offer opportunities for educational advancement. Tuition Reimbursement.
Pros
Culture, People, Learning Environment
Cons
Politics
Exciting environment and fast paced
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2017
This is a great place to work and is fast paced and fulfilling. Eager coworkers that work together to make sure that each patient is taken care of at the highest quality of care.
Pros
Amazing environment to excel
Cons
Management at that time did not communicate well
hectic place to work.
Security Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2017
Management keeps adding more small tasks with no consideration for time constraints. Managers have no experience outside of Presbyterian which is a big short coming.
benefits
Cons
management inexperience
Productive and fast paced
Nursing Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Fast paced hospital setting. Enjoyable place to work. Laid back atmosphere as long as work was getting done. Co-workers worked well together with nurses and staff.
great place to work with plenty of opportunities to move up
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2017
Working in admissions at Presbyterian you are the first customer service encounter a patient receives. Your interaction with them will determine how the rest of their visit will go. Meeting new people daily is the best part about the job. No day is going to be like the other.
Interesting
Volunteer, New York (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Volunteering in Presbyterian Hospital is my best experience of working so far. I learned how to communicate with people formally and deal with difficult situations without panic.
Click environment
Unit Secretary/tech (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 8, 2017
Enjoyed helping people. Click , high school-ish environment . Nurses are over worked. Watched staff stand around a lot and Dr's take forever to handle patient care. Close to shift change and they will definetly not see anyone or take care of anyone . Nurses lack compassion for patients and talk about patients negatively when at nursing station . There are good staff there. Just not in the ER.
Pros
Cons
Request for days off in advance denied, click environment, lack of compassion for people
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2017
I loved working there. I worked with the newborns, got to hold them, feed them and rock them. The was so cute and adorable. Just think minutes after they were born.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
short breaks
LOVED working here!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 4, 2017
I loved volunteering here in high school! great environment and great place to learn for my future career in trauma. Fellow workers were very nice and willing to help me learn.
Pros
free lunch for volunteers
Cons
nothing!
great place to work
EKG technician/unit sec./monitor technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 23, 2016
monitor pt's on telemetry. measure P,QRS Comples and QT interval.report changes to RN. Respond to codes and document and send report to each floor. I was also unit secretary on another floor at this hospital.
Pros
great staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.