Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

great to place to work at.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: good retirement and good benefits
Cons: not enough help sometimes
I am a surgical tech so basically I am in an o.r. room assisting surgeons for the entirety of my shift.I derive great pleasure in making a difference in my patients lives with good outcomes.
Productive and learning experience
Registered Nurse (Oncology) (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 13, 2015
I had friendly and helpful environment, the people I worked with we actually were one big family where everybody was satisfied by the end of the shift. The management and supervisors were very helpful and there when needed.
Decent place
Temporary Job (Former Employee), Denton, TXAugust 5, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: hard work
Worked here as a temporary job as a housekeeper but really hard work. Everyone was pretty nice and helpful and the manager was understandable. But as I stated it was a temporary job so there was no benefits.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of people coming and going.
CNA 2 (Current Employee), Matthews, NCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work consist of taking care of alot of sick people trying to get them well so they can go home to their love ones.
Very busy p[lace to work at.
Culinary Ambassador (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch etc
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day at work is very busy for me. The hardest part of the day is my 13 and a half hr shift.All the coworkers are very nice so that help me get through the day. What i learned at this job is that you never know what someone is going through in their life so always be kind and respectful
worked with all kinds of patients but mainly heart patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2015
I would get patients prepared for procedures that they had to go to.
I learned a lot more about the heart system and how it works. I learned more about what heart procedures works best for the patients heart.
LOTS OF PATIENT CONTACT
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2015
Pros: CO WORKERS
Cons: MANAGER
I HELPED PATIENTS FEEL MORE AT EASE ABOUT THERE UPCOMING SURGERY. THEY HAD THERE LAB WORK AND EKG'S AT THE LOCATION I WORKED IN AND THEY KNEW WHERE TO REPORT THE DAY OF THERE SURGERY.
Fun place to work
Scheduler (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Catered lunches, learned new things, cross trained.
Cons: Health insurance
I clock in, call patients back on my call back list, answer telephone calls, schedule appointments. Cross train and help in pre-in post taking IVs out, and help do vitals. I work very well with my co-workers, I get along with everyone. Im learning now how to bill and code, my management is great, hardest part of my job is trying to make all the patients happy and to not be in pain. I enjoy putting smiles on patients faces and making their day.
Great place to work!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Loved the staff and the cafeteria food.
Cons: none
I loved working at the hospital it was different than a nursing home and the patient ratio was different too. I loved working with the staff and management. The pay and benefits were awesome.
this was a volunteer
Patient Caretaker (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
this job was volunteer work, I really liked this job. I like helping people in need. A typical day at work was caring for patients and their needs.
Highly named and ranked 5th among hospitals nationwide
Coordinator (Billing/Scheduling) (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Pros: For good attendance every six months was given a day off
Cons: Seeing/hearing patients diagnosed with cancer
Excellent place to work. I learned a lot from the healthcare organization and worked for this institution for 10 years. Started as Secretary in the Emergency Department Administration office and moved up to Assistant Manager. Learned to work as a team with other secretaries and Directors of other departments, listening was very important, multitasking, prioritizing tasks from upper level management. Office responsibilities and provide support to other departments as needed.
A busy place to work
advanced Gi tech (Current Employee), albuquerque new mexicoJuly 3, 2015
Pros: flexability
Cons: lack of staff
My day typically starts at 630. I set up my room and get ready for the day, the patient comes in I help the nurse set up patient. procedure my cases, I've learned to push myself. management has been a struggle because we've gone through 3 in the last year. My co workers are good people. The hardest part of my job was continuing to learn all of the different doctors and what they like. I love the patients.
Very educational
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJuly 1, 2015
My ability to further my knowledge in the hospital setting was great and very useful. Very good reference's with this hospital
Great Place to work
Clients Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2015
Pros: Reduced Lunch
Cons: short breaks, unprofessional environment
Overall working for the hospital was a great experience. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and meeting new people throughout the hospital, but their was a lack of support from administration.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2015
Management provides support for the staff. There is a place for growth in the department. Quarterly one on one meetings are held for career growth.
Very 'corporate' healthcare
RN (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NmJune 17, 2015
Pros: quality
Cons: pay, hours, environment, staffing shortages
This place is run well, but pay is bad for RNs. It has the typical low pay, census manage, run your butt off thing that most nurses are familiar with. They have no interest in quality of life for its front line employees. Nice staff though. And I think they do focus on quality measures, which is a good thing.
Loved the company
CANCER REGISTRAR 1 (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: None
I would have stayed but my boss was being let go and I didn't have enough experience at the time to continue working till they hired new management.
very good hospital to work for
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2015
State of the art hospital with great benefits. They are growing to meet the needs of the community and offers a wide variety of services.
Exciting Place to work
EKG TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2015
Presbyterian Hospital is a place of growth for whatever career that you choose. Even if you don't have an degree in some jobs, you can still get hired and be trained for that position. Presbyterian will also give someone a second chance. For those who have records (depending on the crime) if the charge is old enough (Felons have to be 7 years old) you can still get hired.
Nice place to work
PCT (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
Presbyterian Hospital is a very nice place to work, with full insurance and nice leadership. They encourage people to better their lives, pay tuition and with full coverage benefits.