Presbyterian Hospital

Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Student Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2015
Management provides support for the staff. There is a place for growth in the department. Quarterly one on one meetings are held for career growth.
Very 'corporate' healthcare
RN (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NmJune 17, 2015
Pros: quality
Cons: pay, hours, environment, staffing shortages
This place is run well, but pay is bad for RNs. It has the typical low pay, census manage, run your butt off thing that most nurses are familiar with. They have no interest in quality of life for its front line employees. Nice staff though. And I think they do focus on quality measures, which is a good thing.
Loved the company
CANCER REGISTRAR 1 (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: None
I would have stayed but my boss was being let go and I didn't have enough experience at the time to continue working till they hired new management.
very good hospital to work for
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2015
State of the art hospital with great benefits. They are growing to meet the needs of the community and offers a wide variety of services.
Exciting Place to work
EKG TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2015
Presbyterian Hospital is a place of growth for whatever career that you choose. Even if you don't have an degree in some jobs, you can still get hired and be trained for that position. Presbyterian will also give someone a second chance. For those who have records (depending on the crime) if the charge is old enough (Felons have to be 7 years old) you can still get hired.
Nice place to work
PCT (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
Presbyterian Hospital is a very nice place to work, with full insurance and nice leadership. They encourage people to better their lives, pay tuition and with full coverage benefits.
good experience
Unit Secretary and Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXMay 14, 2015
This job was the main reason for me to go into nursing. The experience I gained and the knowledge I took with me was truly amazing. Helping people is something that is very rewarding especially working in a hospital.
Respectful place to work
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 13, 2015
Excellent environment to work co-workers are nice and I fill very appreciated. Excellent benefits does alot to show employees that they appreciate everybody
Very High Stress Environment, Lack Of Professionalism
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Pros: Very good starting salary and benefits of extensive sick days, vacation, personal days and insurance starts immediately.
Cons: Poor communication, lack of focus/concern on patient care, fake doctors, GREED
I was very excited initially working for Presbyterian hospital...that quickly changed. The department was overwhelmed with corruption/fraud/money laundering. I performed credentialing, Observation/Rotation paperwork for visiting doctors as well as appointment and re-appointment for Presbyterian doctors only to find a slew of them to be FAKE doctors which the divisional chief approved for employment, though they had no college degrees and/or had their licenses taken. Communication with outside hospitals/vendors/doctors etc was very unprofessional and disrespectful, often leaving me to rectify the matters. Patient care and communication was at a low almost non existent minimum and confidentiality pretty much did not exist. Shocking to see this abhorrent level of "care" and lack of concern for quality medical attention, but I guess that is what happens when the main focus of the hospital is MONEY MAKING. Very high turn over rate of employees due to stress, poor work environment and lack of communication especially on pertinent matters. Starting salaries are very good so are benefits, but they quickly loose luster once work environment is experienced. Fellow employees are too stressed to enjoy company. Most enjoyable part of work day is the end of the work day.

I would not refer anyone to work at that institution.
great place to work,
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros: free food
nyp is a great place to work. i enjoyed working there. i worked in the nutrition department. The food there was great, coworkers were cool.
Hospital
Staff Assistant/front Desk Coordinator (Promotion) (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: Known location
Cons: Insurance co payment is expensive
Working with such a known organization has been an honor and a longtime dream for me.
I and my two children were born here. Now, after working here for over 15 years, I have realized that for retirement I will need a better plan. I believe it is time for a change.
In addition, I will be able to gain more knowledge and skills.
emergency register
EMERGENCY REGISTRAR (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Learned very interesting medical termanology
Cons: Saw a lot of poeple die.
I would input the information of a patient that would enter the emergency room so they can be seen by the doctors and I would go to the back to get any trauma patients that would enter the hospital. also helped with the insurance verification.
Cheap
RN (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2015
Pros: Good team work.
Cons: Expensive benefits, lowest pay in Albuquerque, Haughty Executives
The work environment is typically busy and challenging. I do feel like I earn my money and receive decent job satisfaction.

Management is hit or miss. Unfortunately, the management appears to be ruled by an iron fist. This leads to the unit managers being unable to waiver or work with the employees (nursing staff) in order to provide them what they need for appropriate patient care.

I love my coworkers. Team work is an essential part of Presbyterian. My coworkers are the most enjoyable part of my job.

The hardest part of my job is feeling unappreciated and not "backed up" when dealing with a difficult situation. At Presbyterian, the nurse is always wrong. Also, this organization is among the cheapest I have worked for. Staffing and nurse/tech/patient ratios are always issues. Significant cuts to raises, sign on bonuses, and educational programs were made with no apology or promise to "getting things back to normal." The "pay for performance" initiative is a joke. The senior management and executive staff are haughty and unapproachable.
i enjoyed working at presbyterian hospital, The department I worked in was a very busy one.
Medical Receptionist/registration and schedular (Former Employee), Whittier, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Discounts on prescriptions
Cons: THEY DID HAVE BUDGET CUTS
I was told I was good worker and team player and that work good under pressure and multitask.They offer good benefits, 401k, life insurance plans. It was a little far from my home ,I am looking for a job closer to home and my sons school. I take him to school
Teamwork excellent
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 1, 2015
Presbyterian Hospital is an awesome place to work, excellent teamwork and staff, wonderful benefits. Hard workers and patient care is always first.
Atmosphere !
Transporter (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Working as a transporter is great you get hands on feeling what its like in an everyday life of an nurse or doctor. You get to speak with patients and build a connection with them. I love my job, the best part is being able to see a patient and they remember you by the great service you've done. Hardest part of my job is having to see someone die and take them to the morgue, that's so sad but its apart of life. I love everything I do and have fun doing it.
Productive, fun, and lots of GREAT people
Addictions Treatment Counselors' Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great company with competitive compensation packages
Cons: management was predjudice
It was a learning environment, medical office skills, management some ok, hardest part/there was none, most enjoyable meeting great people.
A job were I can use my creative abilities
Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: risk of illness
It was a workspace that respected the employees and their rights. It had good communication and mutual understanding. The environment allowed me to grow and to learn in new ways.
great place
Food Service/ Environments Services-Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, TxFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: learning new things in food service and evs
Cons: not enough advancement
worked with friendly nice people. Enjoyed going to work, Learned about all aspects of food service and evs. It was a great place to work. I started out working week ends in Housekeeping and was moved to Commerce to be supervisor of Housekeeping because I proved myself and worked really hard. I was finally moved up to manage both Dietary and Housekeeping. Then we were outsourced to Vanguard Resources. I have worked under Vanguard Resources for 10 years but still at Commerce Presbyterian which recently changed its name to Hunt Regional Community Hospital. I rate this hospital as good.
Summary
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management
It was temporary
Able to meet some amazing people
Management has favoritism

1 2 3 4 5

About Presbyterian Hospital

Established in 1966, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas (PHD) is celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2006. PHD is the flagship hospital – Read more

Presbyterian Hospital Salaries