Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2016
It was a great place to start my nursing career! When I first started, I was enrolled in a program that helped new graduate nurses transition from school in to full nursing practice. I think that going through this training was the hardest part of the job. The education provided in this program was excellent. It was a large group of us new nurses because the Cardiovascular Institute was expanding but they took the time to make sure that everyone was on track. I was learned a great basis for what it meant to be a nurse and how best to take care of my patients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients get well. That aspect of the job was very rewarding. My co-workers were amazing. It was a great atmosphere to work. There was a good balance of work and personal life. They encouraged growth and development for every employee. My nurse manager spent more time on the floor than in her office. She believed that in order for her to be an exceptional manager, she needed to spend time on the floor working closely with the staff nurses and other staff members. We were a close group of nurses who helped each other out when needed.
Pros
Great co-workers and charge nurses, great benefits, encouragement for growth and development
Cons
There was not an ability to float to other units to learn new skills or other types of nursing
Not terrible but far from great
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2016
Actual company is great to work for but is very dependent upon departmental management.
HR and departmental information is very contradictory.
Benefits are excellent. Schedules are inconsistent.
Training is lacking .
good experience
Certified Nurse's Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 16, 2016
Good place to work for the experience , not all staff answers the call lights, they are everyones responsibility. Unit does not work as a team.
Was a fun workplace and got along with everyone
Charge Poster (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed working here but, unfortunately I had to move back home. But, now everything is taken care of and I want to move back to the city. They had competitive wages and room for promotions.
Pros
Fun Work environment
Friendly and comfortable
Internship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2016
Friendly and comfortable place to work, so many opportunities for advancement. I would love to get back into this system again.
Nice place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2016
typical day of work is dealing with a lot a paperwork and answering phone, l have learned a lot working with this company, management and co-workers are great, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients.
Pros
decent pay, good environment
Job is okay
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 3, 2016
The team I work with is great. I work nights we all help each other. patients are demanding which is a con. and very impatient
Pros
Self Scheduling
Cons
Short handed
job was very fullfilling
Patient Account Representative III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2016
processed over 25 referrals daily
I've learned I always needed assistance to produce more.
Management was fair.
I loved my co-workers on every level
Hardest: I was not able to assist anyone for a free program for there conditions.
Enjoyable: meeting new people daily
Pros
i organized health work shops for the public
Cons
the funding for my position had ended.
only good in medical treatment,
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Fun place to work, Except in support services or Housekeeping, the managers is very incompetent, and uneducated and when you have people like that leading you its, bad, because is mostly minority works in these department senior leaders don't care, so that department run very poorly, there are people that work as supervisor in this department that was fired from their previous job for stealing yet they hired him or her, some thing funny going on,
Pros
good pension plan
Cons
lots of vendetta
RN, staff inpatient c are
RN (Former Employee) –  InptDecember 8, 2015
Poor culture of caring. Management does not communicate well. Poor compensation.
Wonderful education received. Enjoyed working in a L&D enviroment.
Great experience in hospital setting
Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2015
This is when you work as a team and learned to use good communicative skills. The co-workers were very helpful and was very patient with me when teaching nursing skills.
No respect for respiratory care.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2015
No respect what so ever for respiratory care. You are always mistreated and disrespected. Other staff and no idea of the job you do.
Paramedic
Paramedic (Emergency Room) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2015
Receiving report from medic leaving. Stock and inventory Trauma rooms. Check equipment is functioning and accessible for use. Receive trauma patients and any high acuity patients. Assist other units in the ER. Respond to RRT (Rapid Response) codes throughout the hospital.
great place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
Meeting and learning about different cuturals and understanding first hand what can bring us together.
Great place to grow in house, with many different feilds to pick from.
Managenment
Billing Specialist/Home Health Department (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2015
Great company to work for & the manger was a nice person.
The coworkers were nice also. I would work there again.
Good insurance & benefits, Also decent 401K
Pros
nice people
Cons
laid off
Experience & Quality merge to give you excellent experience
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Presbyterian Main Hospital for the experience that you can only get at a big facility. I was a staff nurse in a pre & post operative unit where I did get to work with transplant patients. I aquired skills with specialty providers that I would not have otherwise had the pleasure of in my previous experience. Even though the organization was very big, it never had a lack of warmth or caring feel.
Pros
Outstanding pay scale
Cons
Growth limited knowing more of my co-workers better
Great place to work for
Medical records Specialist (Current Employee) –  new mexicoOctober 20, 2015
over all love my job, work with some great people.Managment is great and understandable. Would work for this company anytine
Making everyone in the hospital comfortable
Hospital Operator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2015
A day at work could be how ever u made it, things could be difficult or could be smooth. Learning how to cope with patience, doctors, nurses, and employees.
fun, fast paced, busy day
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2015
fun fast paced work place, the management isn't the best or very fair but everyone is willing to teach and very friendly,
Pros
willing to teach
Cons
managemant isnt the best
its an ok job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2015
I did an internship there its a good job with good people I don't know about the benefits or the pay but I do know tht the job is a good job
Pros
Good pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.