As an Integrated Delivery System (IDS), PIH Health provides a range of healthcare services to better serve its community. The IDS offers quality healthcare across multiple service lines, including utilization of primary care teams to provide general medicine and preventative care; access to emergency and urgent care, home health services and hospice; a network of over 180 specialists and more. PIH Health’s services includes a 400-plus bed acute care, nonprofit hospital founded in 1959 and today serves over 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, the greater San Gabriel Valley and Orange County areas.
We are currently seeking a Cancer Program Data Specialist
The Cancer Program Data Specialist is responsible for all cancer-related data collection systems for reportable cases, ensuring that all State of California and American College of Surgeons (ACoS) guidelines are met. The selected candidate will perform the registry functions in accordance with guidelines, reviewing and identifying all cases with a malignant diagnosis for inclusion into the registry accurately, in addition to assisting with abstracting of information and entering the information into CNeXT. Will also be responsible for coordinating Cancer Conferences.
- Successful completion of an approved Cancer Registry training program
- Must be a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) or CTR eligible
- If CTR eligible, employee must pass the CTR exam within 6 months of employment
- Two years experience in a hospital-based American College of Surgeons (ACoS) approved cancer program is preferred
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Technical knowledge of all areas of the Cancer Registry
- Knowledge of general principles of statistical computation
- Experience in publishing an annual report is preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area’s leading community health care provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you’ll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Plus, we use team concepts to encourage profession growth and development.
To apply or to find out more about this position, contact our recruiter. EOE.