Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital Employee Reviews

Appreciation is Important
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 4, 2017
Appreciation of those that work hard and get work done, within realistic means should be appreciated and rewarded; don't just ignore and continue to increase the workload because they are reliable.
Pros
Great people that share your vision for health.
Cons
Not competitive with other hospitals.
Great intern experience
Community Health Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 15, 2017
Was able to have the opportunity to intern in the community health education department of the hospital and was amazed with all that I learned and has given me motivation on my career path.
Far commute, trafffic
Administrative Coordinator / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed helping patients, I enjoyed some of the staff, lots of gossiping amongst the younger staff, the commute was long, hours did not work with my children's schedule at school
Pros
Loved helping patients
Cons
Long commute, hours did not work with childrens school schedule
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CANovember 29, 2016
Came in and was always greeted by coworkers. A typical day at work is vitals, injections, verified insurances and assisted the doctor in any directions given
Pros
an hour lunch
Large hospital serving many communities with multiple disciplines.
Nurse Oncology Unit/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 20, 2016
This hospital provides many interdisciplinary fields to work in. Advancement is easily attainable. A typical nurse works a twelve hour shift. Most enjoyable part of the job is caring and supportive work environment.
Pros
Large hospital with multiple areas to switch too when in need of change.
Walking on Egg Shells All the Time
eMD Trainer (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 29, 2016
Management and Leadership need a lot of improvement in dealing with dysfunctional employees. I've worked here for many, many years and just in the last 3 years co worker relationships have been so difficult that it makes it so stressful to work here.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of Customer Service and Management Skills
Most enjoyable
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working at PIH is that this Organization really works hard to make sure Patients First. It is a non-profit organization that tried it best to acclimate each patient, employee and family,
Productive, fun, and supportive outpatient rehab clinic
PT student 12-week clinical internship (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 22, 2016
8-5 work day consisting of physical therapy for post-surgical patients and patients with orthopedic conditions. I learned about manual therapy techniques, protocols for therapeutic exercise and activities with respect to surgical procedures, taping techniques, wound care and progression of exercise to meet patient goals.
Pros
Teaching hospital, fosters growth and development, knowledgeable staff
Cons
High patient volume allows for scheduling only 30-45 min sessions
Interactive workplace
Pharmacy Messenger (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 26, 2016
A typical day as a pharmacy messenger consists of miles of walking delivering medication to the different nursing stations. Co-workers and management are very friendly and flexible with working around our needs. Walking around the hospital allows the opportunity to interact with fellow employees from different departments, management, as well as guests.
Pros
Management is very flexible with my hours and schedule.
Cons
As a Pharmacy Messenger there is no room for advancement, unless i decide to pursue a technician license.
Beautiful hospital in a great location, all staff are a pleasure to work with
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 19, 2016
a typical day at work would include clocking in while saying good morning as you walk by each fellow employee. sign in to your desk and begin your work day. some chit chatting along the way, while helping patients. the patients are wonderful.
Cons
I the the Health benefits can be just a little cheaper, as well as the pay could be more competitive.
good small town feel
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 30, 2016
good small town feeling, but big community is little to much for them to handle. I love working with my co worker, we have a team mentality in an area that does not promote team work. All of our team members promote customer service. the best part of the job.
Pros
friendly, people have been there for years
Cons
micro managing
Professional staff working together for the good of the patients
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Working alongside, pharmacists, nurses, and doctors, pharmacy technicians at PIH Health play a vital role in the hospital setting. From making stat iv's for every patient population, to hand delivering first dose medications needed on the floor, the pharmacy technician is relied upon throughout the hospital. Staff and management are professional, and work together to give the patient the best outcome possible.
Pros
great healthcare, fair management
A very positive and enjoyable place to work.
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 13, 2015
A typical day includes my review of assigned patients, driving to patient homes and performing patient care based on assessments, and case managing which entailed coordinating appointments and other disciplines.
I had the opportunity to learn a great deal of various different disease processes as well the opportunity to perform a plethora of nursing skills such as PICC lines, pleurx drains, and CADD pumps.
My supervisors were very supportive and provided ample time and opportunities to learn the job as well as providing support when problems arose.
My co-workers are some of the best I have the honor of working beside. Everyone tries to help each other out and are on friendly terms.
The hardest part of the job is learning to manage your time between driving, seeing patients, and charting.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to have 1 on 1 time with patients to truly get to know them, care for them, and see the progress they make on the road to recovery.
Pros
Great work environment. High standards of care. Hospital works to better the community.
Cons
Long hours. Must have intimate knowledge of all insurance companies and their policies.
Fun workplace
Pharmacy Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work would include relocating specimens to the lab, taking patients out on wheelchairs after they were discharged, and providing newspapers or food to those who asked. I organized files, scanned documents, stamped papers, and greeted people entering the pharmacy.I was able to get to know other fellow volunteers and this gave me different life perspectives. My supervisor was very kind, and she allowed me to be the substitute supervisor while she was gone. It felt very rewarding to offer up my time for a good cause at the hospital I was born at. The most challenging part of the job was seeing sick/dying patients.
Fun
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 8, 2015
I love that we are team players at work and help each other out when its needed. Patients get help when its needed. Its a great experiencing working here and getting to do hands on patient care and love to learn everyday something different
Enjoyed working here friendly staff, patient centered care hospital.
Care Management Administrative Coordinator/Lead (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 9, 2015
I enjoyed the 8 years I worked at PIH Whittier worked with a great team unfortunately due to budgets cuts my position was eliminated therefore I was laid off. I learned a great deal and moved up in my position with the department. I had a good supervisor that communicated well always available when needed and was very organized!
Volunteer
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 14, 2015
This place has got to be the nicest hospital around. The staffing is always friendly and forever helpful. Positive vibes and lots of team player attitudes.
excellent place to work
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 14, 2015
This hospital has very high standards for patient care and has an excellent work culture and established working relationships.
Administrative Manager
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Oversight of the 24 Hour, 365 days per year daily operations of urgent care center, laboratory draw station and satellite radiology department; Clinical float pool; ensuring efficient and effective office operations; holding all staff accountable to a patient care culture; and ensuring the organizational goals and objectives are met at all department level.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is that my knowledge and experience can be fully used to make s difference in the organization, and my value are recognized. My company were able to give me some degree of flexibility to accommodate my other roles in life (for instance, being a mother), so my life is balanced. I believe a healthy, active and productive life style.