Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, and supportive outpatient rehab clinic
PT student 12-week clinical internship (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 22, 2016
8-5 work day consisting of physical therapy for post-surgical patients and patients with orthopedic conditions. I learned about manual therapy techniques, protocols for therapeutic exercise and activities with respect to surgical procedures, taping techniques, wound care and progression of exercise to meet patient goals.
Pros
Teaching hospital, fosters growth and development, knowledgeable staff
Cons
High patient volume allows for scheduling only 30-45 min sessions
Interactive workplace
Pharmacy Messenger (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 26, 2016
A typical day as a pharmacy messenger consists of miles of walking delivering medication to the different nursing stations. Co-workers and management are very friendly and flexible with working around our needs. Walking around the hospital allows the opportunity to interact with fellow employees from different departments, management, as well as guests.
Pros
Management is very flexible with my hours and schedule.
Cons
As a Pharmacy Messenger there is no room for advancement, unless i decide to pursue a technician license.
Beautiful hospital in a great location, all staff are a pleasure to work with
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 19, 2016
a typical day at work would include clocking in while saying good morning as you walk by each fellow employee. sign in to your desk and begin your work day. some chit chatting along the way, while helping patients. the patients are wonderful.
Cons
I the the Health benefits can be just a little cheaper, as well as the pay could be more competitive.
good small town feel
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 30, 2016
good small town feeling, but big community is little to much for them to handle. I love working with my co worker, we have a team mentality in an area that does not promote team work. All of our team members promote customer service. the best part of the job.
Pros
friendly, people have been there for years
Cons
micro managing
Professional staff working together for the good of the patients
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Working alongside, pharmacists, nurses, and doctors, pharmacy technicians at PIH Health play a vital role in the hospital setting. From making stat iv's for every patient population, to hand delivering first dose medications needed on the floor, the pharmacy technician is relied upon throughout the hospital. Staff and management are professional, and work together to give the patient the best outcome possible.
Pros
great healthcare, fair management
A very positive and enjoyable place to work.
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 13, 2015
A typical day includes my review of assigned patients, driving to patient homes and performing patient care based on assessments, and case managing which entailed coordinating appointments and other disciplines.
I had the opportunity to learn a great deal of various different disease processes as well the opportunity to perform a plethora of nursing skills such as PICC lines, pleurx drains, and CADD pumps.
My supervisors were very supportive and provided ample time and opportunities to learn the job as well as providing support when problems arose.
My co-workers are some of the best I have the honor of working beside. Everyone tries to help each other out and are on friendly terms.
The hardest part of the job is learning to manage your time between driving, seeing patients, and charting.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to have 1 on 1 time with patients to truly get to know them, care for them, and see the progress they make on the road to recovery.
Pros
Great work environment. High standards of care. Hospital works to better the community.
Cons
Long hours. Must have intimate knowledge of all insurance companies and their policies.
Fun workplace
Pharmacy Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work would include relocating specimens to the lab, taking patients out on wheelchairs after they were discharged, and providing newspapers or food to those who asked. I organized files, scanned documents, stamped papers, and greeted people entering the pharmacy.I was able to get to know other fellow volunteers and this gave me different life perspectives. My supervisor was very kind, and she allowed me to be the substitute supervisor while she was gone. It felt very rewarding to offer up my time for a good cause at the hospital I was born at. The most challenging part of the job was seeing sick/dying patients.
Fun
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 8, 2015
I love that we are team players at work and help each other out when its needed. Patients get help when its needed. Its a great experiencing working here and getting to do hands on patient care and love to learn everyday something different
Enjoyed working here friendly staff, patient centered care hospital.
Care Management Administrative Coordinator/Lead (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 9, 2015
I enjoyed the 8 years I worked at PIH Whittier worked with a great team unfortunately due to budgets cuts my position was eliminated therefore I was laid off. I learned a great deal and moved up in my position with the department. I had a good supervisor that communicated well always available when needed and was very organized!
Volunteer
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 14, 2015
This place has got to be the nicest hospital around. The staffing is always friendly and forever helpful. Positive vibes and lots of team player attitudes.
excellent place to work
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 14, 2015
This hospital has very high standards for patient care and has an excellent work culture and established working relationships.
Administrative Manager
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Oversight of the 24 Hour, 365 days per year daily operations of urgent care center, laboratory draw station and satellite radiology department; Clinical float pool; ensuring efficient and effective office operations; holding all staff accountable to a patient care culture; and ensuring the organizational goals and objectives are met at all department level.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is that my knowledge and experience can be fully used to make s difference in the organization, and my value are recognized. My company were able to give me some degree of flexibility to accommodate my other roles in life (for instance, being a mother), so my life is balanced. I believe a healthy, active and productive life style.
A wonderful work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 22, 2014
I look forward to coming to work every day due to the every day work in preparing and medicating our patients.
Radiology
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 7, 2014
Okay place to work. Managers have their favorites who can do no wrong.
uncoordinated
endoscopy technician (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 3, 2014
very uncoordinated management employees very disrespectful toward superiors and Doctors
Great Externship
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 29, 2014
the 2 ladies in the wells outpatient department are extremely professional.
Pros
close to home
Cons
externships arnt paid
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 11, 2014
It was a volunteering job. it was easy. it was a high school requirement for volunteering .
Excellent organization
Oncology Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 30, 2014
Patient and family advocate in oncology unit and outpatient cancer clinic setting. In addition, provide patients and families with assistance in coping with their cancer diagnosis throughout the disease continuum, lead psycho-educational cancer support groups, teach coping relaxation techniques for anxiety reduction, and educate individuals in survivorship with illness and transition to survivorship
I was also involved and continue to participate in the implementation of the distress tool in cancer unit.

Extremely happy at PIH
Safe enviroment
Security Officer/Shift leader (Current Employee) –  whittier, californiaMay 28, 2014
A typical day as a security officer at PIH hospital is briefing before starting shift. A regular 8 hour shift , Every 2 hours rotate to a new post in hospital with other officers.
The hardest part of the job is just having to deescalate intense situation with patients or patient visitors or even disgruntled employees.
I would say the most enjoyable part of the day is being able to help someone even in the smallest way as to guide them throughout the hospital or escorting them to their vehicles.
Pros
special hospital events, hosptial continued education priviliges, advancement oppurunities, flexible scheduling
Cons
short breaks, unpaid lunches, phone clocking in and out system

4.5