Presbyterian Manor Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSDecember 11, 2016
Loved working here. They are very professional and the environment is very welcoming. The residents and staff are very nice and helpful
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Need to change uniforms. Not very welcoming and warm.
Great CNA experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  KSNovember 26, 2016
It's a great experience with wonderful people. I would work here without the pay and that says a lot. You will learn a lot if you engage yourself. Plus, there is always new things going on for the residents to enjoy which creates a good atmosphere to help them.
Cons
Have to work weekends
great place
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 8, 2016
i like working there because management showed appreciation for there cnas they would give us incentives for picking up extra shift and let us know how much of a good job we were doing.
Pros
extra hours
typical day at work
cna (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 22, 2016
Making sure all the residents are up and ready for the day doing the daily activities like showering, toileting, getting them dressed, brushing their teeth, hair make up and anything else they may request. getting them to dinning to eat their meals and repeating the routine after each meal before they are situated for their naps.
Nice place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSSeptember 21, 2016
Mangement is very caring!! Love love them. Work can be hard at times but the teamwork is awesome. Very involved on making it a home and an institution. Holidays are the best. Love to worship with the residents.
Pros
great staff, great management, great pay
Cons
staff gossip
Prodctive/ calm environment
Assist patients as a CNA (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 12, 2016
I began working here last June as my first CNA job. Everyone was extremely helpful with showing me the do's and dont's to being a successful aid for the residents as well as the family members. This company provides numerous activities for residents as well as a enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Easily negotiates with schedule, DON does her best to make schedules that best fit workers
Cons
Petty drama, occasional favortism shown to certain CNA's from charge nurses
Great staff
CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work was good. My co workers were always working together so we could get the job done. I learned how to be a great care taker. The hardest part of the job was when everyone would be on their lights.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Only one break
Nice and Fun Retirement Home
Independent Living Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 1, 2016
As a Independent Living Dining Server I would work mornings and afternoons whenever I could. A typical day in Aberdeen would start at 11 AM, or 10 AM only Sundays, where we a group of 1-3 girls will set up the dining room to be acceptable, do menus that include what will be served today and clean up tables and kitchen area after residents have left. We would then set up the dining room for dinner which includes making more menus and setting up the dining room. Most of the co-workers are fun to work with because most of them are teenagers except the cooks. The hardest part of the job is trying to finish on time which almost never occurs, the day is supposed to end at 8:30 but we usually don't leave until 8:50 or so because of many reasons. The best part of the job is the bond you grow with residents after seeing them multiple times and becoming friends.
Pros
Long breaks, Pays for you studies after a year of work
Cons
Co-workers, Benefits
Staff do work with a smile and residents are very appreciative of the care they recieve with plenty of smiles.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 7, 2016
Begin the morning with report and follow up immediately with any resident that there may have been a concern about and inform staff of updates to be aware of. Vital signs and morning medications are administered. Chart on all residents throughout the shift, complete scheduled skin assessments, attend "stand-up" meeting after residents eat breakfast, communicate with APRN and any PT members regarding residents.

Communication is key within any organization to make things flow as smoothly as possible. No organization is not without this flaw.

Management make themselves available for staff with any concerns.

My co-workers make my job easier, they are awesome with the residents.

The most difficult part of my job is when something has not been communicated to me for some reason or another. Communication, communication, communication.

Anyone can have an enjoyable job with the right attitude.
Pros
Staff to patient ratio.
Cons
No free meals
It was "eh".
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSApril 5, 2016
I worked here for a few months. Presbyterian Manors isn't a bad entity, but the branch I worked for was awful. My manager (ADON) wasn't effective, and intimidated her employees constantly.

My only beef is that the branch I worked at didn't allow nursing professionals to wear scrubs. Instead, we were forced to wear these smelly, bright red polos. I got one polo, and was full time. I had to wash it each night after work. It had pen marks all over the back, and stretched to my knees.

I left after four months because of the manager.
Pros
ugly polos provided something to bond over
Cons
no lunch breaks, low pay, really really ugly polos
There was always something to do, not boring.
Supervisor - Laura Ortez (Former Employee) –  4712 sw 6 Topeka,Ks.March 24, 2016
I enjoyed my job very much. I worked with a good nursing staff. My duties required a lot of contact with my residents and getting their opinion on things of interest to them.I supplied activities of interest to them such as games, parties, outings. In the activity department we always encourage families to participate.
Pros
Getting to know my staff, residents and families.
Cons
no advancement
I really enjoyed my job.
LICENSE PRACTIAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2015
I did enjoy my job. As the years went on and there were new director of nurses and executive directors brought on board, the work environment went down. The workers as well as the residents were not happy with a lot of the changes. Each new director was new to that particular type of position. Not every selected leader is a good leader.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours and little help.
Fun and fast paced with management support
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with the residents. I learned that you can't always expect things to run smoothly. My co-worker were always supportive. I worked in the evening so I didn't get the interact with management very much.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Sometimes short on employees.
hard worker reliable and ready
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Topeka,kansasMarch 30, 2015
I do some plumbing electrical outlets boiler sheetrock painting wall repair lot of miscellaneous things. run floor buffers and all kind power tools get along great with co workers. I take pride in my work and do the best I can do in everything I do
Pros
enjoy working with people
Cons
like to see no smokeing place
Difficult work place
Night shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 16, 2015
Staffing was difficult during a mass departure during changing of management.

I was in charge of 65 residents with a medication pass. The shift was 12 hour nights.
Pros
Some very good people that stayed during a mass departure
Cons
Staffing shortage
Productive work enviroment
CNA CMA HHA RA (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 6, 2014
have worked for them over twenty five years and continue to work there as well as other home health jobs and have advanced and received raises performance based and extra training provided by the manor.
Pros
very few
Cons
health care costs and sometimes long hours, but thats health care in general
Good Learning Experience
Aide (Former Employee) –  FarmingtonOctober 29, 2014
was an excellent and enlightening place to work. You work closely with residents and that is probably the most rewarding part of this job. the pay isn't so great but you feel good leaving there.
Resident oriented
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Clay Center, KSJuly 28, 2014
Really resident oriented place to work. Rehabilitation, and holistically.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
Don't offer discounted meals to employees
P.M. Cook/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSJuly 16, 2014
cooking and cleaning for the residents and staff of the Manor. I learned how to prepare for a large number of people. The management and co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of the job would be lifting heavy pans of food to serve to everybody. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with all of the residents of the Manor.
ugh
cna (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 20, 2014
the people are not friendly. they do not promote education or career advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Manor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval