Presbyterian Manor Employee Reviews in United States

It was "eh".
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSApril 5, 2016
I worked here for a few months. Presbyterian Manors isn't a bad entity, but the branch I worked for was awful. My manager (ADON) wasn't effective, and intimidated her employees constantly.

My only beef is that the branch I worked at didn't allow nursing professionals to wear scrubs. Instead, we were forced to wear these smelly, bright red polos. I got one polo, and was full time. I had to wash it each night after work. It had pen marks all over the back, and stretched to my knees.

I left after four months because of the manager.
Pros
ugly polos provided something to bond over
Cons
no lunch breaks, low pay, really really ugly polos
There was always something to do, not boring.
Supervisor - Laura Ortez (Former Employee) –  4712 sw 6 Topeka,Ks.March 24, 2016
I enjoyed my job very much. I worked with a good nursing staff. My duties required a lot of contact with my residents and getting their opinion on things of interest to them.I supplied activities of interest to them such as games, parties, outings. In the activity department we always encourage families to participate.
Pros
Getting to know my staff, residents and families.
Cons
no advancement
Nice and Fun Retirement Home
Independent Living Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 1, 2016
As a Independent Living Dining Server I would work mornings and afternoons whenever I could. A typical day in Aberdeen would start at 11 AM, or 10 AM only Sundays, where we a group of 1-3 girls will set up the dining room to be acceptable, do menus that include what will be served today and clean up tables and kitchen area after residents have left. We would then set up the dining room for dinner which includes making more menus and setting up the dining room. Most of the co-workers are fun to work with because most of them are teenagers except the cooks. The hardest part of the job is trying to finish on time which almost never occurs, the day is supposed to end at 8:30 but we usually don't leave until 8:50 or so because of many reasons. The best part of the job is the bond you grow with residents after seeing them multiple times and becoming friends.
Pros
Long breaks, Pays for you studies after a year of work
Cons
Co-workers, Benefits
Great staff
CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work was good. My co workers were always working together so we could get the job done. I learned how to be a great care taker. The hardest part of the job was when everyone would be on their lights.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Only one break
Staff do work with a smile and residents are very appreciative of the care they recieve with plenty of smiles.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 7, 2016
Begin the morning with report and follow up immediately with any resident that there may have been a concern about and inform staff of updates to be aware of. Vital signs and morning medications are administered. Chart on all residents throughout the shift, complete scheduled skin assessments, attend "stand-up" meeting after residents eat breakfast, communicate with APRN and any PT members regarding residents.

Communication is key within any organization to make things flow as smoothly as possible. No organization is not without this flaw.

Management make themselves available for staff with any concerns.

My co-workers make my job easier, they are awesome with the residents.

The most difficult part of my job is when something has not been communicated to me for some reason or another. Communication, communication, communication.

Anyone can have an enjoyable job with the right attitude.
Pros
Staff to patient ratio.
Cons
No free meals
I really enjoyed my job.
LICENSE PRACTIAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2015
I did enjoy my job. As the years went on and there were new director of nurses and executive directors brought on board, the work environment went down. The workers as well as the residents were not happy with a lot of the changes. Each new director was new to that particular type of position. Not every selected leader is a good leader.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours and little help.
Fun and fast paced with management support
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with the residents. I learned that you can't always expect things to run smoothly. My co-worker were always supportive. I worked in the evening so I didn't get the interact with management very much.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Sometimes short on employees.
hard worker reliable and ready
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Topeka,kansasMarch 30, 2015
I do some plumbing electrical outlets boiler sheetrock painting wall repair lot of miscellaneous things. run floor buffers and all kind power tools get along great with co workers. I take pride in my work and do the best I can do in everything I do
Pros
enjoy working with people
Cons
like to see no smokeing place
Difficult work place
Night shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 16, 2015
Staffing was difficult during a mass departure during changing of management.

I was in charge of 65 residents with a medication pass. The shift was 12 hour nights.
Pros
some very good people that stayed during a mass departure
Cons
staffing shortage
they take good care of residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MOFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day is getting to work at 245. I recieved report from current shift. Do room checks, residents checks. At 4 we start getting residents up for supper. We do b&b while they are being done. (0r try to) Do our assignments. feed the residents and make ready for them to lay down for the night. more charting. Get all residents that want to go to bed down, make sure rooms are clean and stocked. do rounds at 10. give report about 1045 leave around 1115.
Pros
love working for the company where residents come first.
Cons
charting could be different but better than paper.
Good place to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 10, 2013
A typical day at work starts at 5:00 am and ends at 1:30 pm. I prepare, cook, and serve breakfast and lunch. I have learned the importance of serving sizes, diets, and following recipies. I have also learned what it means to be a supervisors. The management teaches a lot but is not always fair when it comes to schedules or break times. My co-workers are usually always willing to help out when needed. The hardest part of the job is cooking and serving lunch since it is short order cooking for more then one dining area. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the residents and being able to socialize with them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not always fair
working at this nursing home was a very fun experience.
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMay 29, 2012
a typical day at work was fun. I loved working with the elderly. I learned that you have to be very sanitary while working with the elderly or even with public. I was the youngest female working at Presbyterian manor so I felt like I was the doing most of my co-workers job when they were being lazy , but on the other hand my co-workers where very helpful and nice. Doing this type of work wasn't hard at all. The most part I enjoyed about this job was the elderly residents. Those guys loved me and i loved them. They always wanted to talk to me , they were always happy. so they really helped me enjoy my job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
workable work place
Certified Nurse Assistance (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 14, 2013
I liked working there cause of the residents i liked the fact that i made a change in someones life everyday i came to work and that made me feel very fgood.but the only thing i didnt not like is the enviornment i was made to work in some of the staff was very disrespectful wasnt at all a team player when u got to be in a establishment like that.Some of the men nurse's was out of line in some conversations but overall i like the residents i took good care of.
Pros
get bonuses
Cons
some rules only apply to some people
Calm and enjoyable place to work
Busboy/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 19, 2012
When I first got this job I thought i wouldn't like it at all. But it turned out to be the only good job I've had. The managers were very kind and helpful. The co-workers were also helpful although they had their days of bad moments. Everything we did from serving, to cleaning, setting up, and washing dishes seemed to be full of excitement. One of the best places to work at in my opinion.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Productive work enviroment
CNA CMA HHA RA (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 6, 2014
have worked for them over twenty five years and continue to work there as well as other home health jobs and have advanced and received raises performance based and extra training provided by the manor.
Pros
very few
Cons
health care costs and sometimes long hours, but thats health care in general
P.M. Cook/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSJuly 16, 2014
cooking and cleaning for the residents and staff of the Manor. I learned how to prepare for a large number of people. The management and co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of the job would be lifting heavy pans of food to serve to everybody. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with all of the residents of the Manor.
Emotionally challenging job
Cook/ dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOMarch 29, 2013
It is easy to get attached to residents. I found it emotionally challenging to work there. I didn't agree with the care of the residents. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the residents everyday. I enjoyed spending time with them and learned alot about their history.
Pros
interaction with residents
Cons
emotional atmosphere
Why I enjoy working at a healthcare facility.
CMA (Current Employee) –  Clay Center, KSMay 23, 2012
Very professional place to work. I work 12 hr shifts, I pass meds on healthcare unit some shifts. I give whirlpools and help with ADL's on the assisted living floor. I enjoy interaction with residents and help to make their life happier with a positive attitude and a willingness to please others.
Great place, residents make the job fun, great people.
Administrative Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 26, 2013
Help residents with daily living and office tasks. Co-workers are great people and great to work with. Management has inconsistencies of rules and trouble with enforcement of the rules. There is also an intolerance of family.
Marketing Director Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MODecember 1, 2013
Productive place to work, great management staff. Awesome Director of nursing.

The hardest part was residents that I became close to would expire.

The most enjoyable part of my job was advocating for the healthcare of seniors.
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Manor. Our community is ready to answer.