Presbyterian Manors of Mid America Employee Reviews

Best facility in the area
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 8, 2015
One of the best facilities I've ever worked for!
Staff are friendly and very knowledgeable, genuine care and concern for residents and families. Cultural change with the residents, gives them the choices and independence they want and need. I truly believe the residents and staff are happy there. The staff take pride in the quality care they give, along with TEAM Work. Flexible scheduling with school schedules, major plus. I would definitely recommend TPM to anyone looking for a healthcare career. I would absolutely work there again in the future.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Benefits, staff incentives
Cons
None- I absolutely love that place
Work harder with less
CNA (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSJune 15, 2015
The residents are wonderful! If you care about the elderly and not just about a paycheck you will love working here the residents are so enjoyable!

However you will be expected to work your butt off, you will constantly be running, you will never seem to have enough help and if you do have help they don't really work when they are there. As people my co-workers are pretty good, but as co-workers they suck! Not all suck, but several put forth NO effort to do anything and that makes it much harder on the others.

The D.O.N is pretty amazing and works great with everyone except the director who makes me question if she has ever worked with residents due to some of the poor decisions I've seen made and because if their is a complaint we need trained better or "I'll just take away an aid until you guys learn to work".
Pros
Amazing residents
Cons
Lucky to get a break or lunch
Leadership Questionable!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 1, 2015
Your director should have more knowledge than you, not in Topeka, KS! Has the who ever gets there first is right thing going on. Does not know how to investigate any complaint. In fact, passes her work off to anyone she can. Also, did some terrible things in CO and gave up her license there. NOT GOOD! These things in itself make Topeka Presbyterian Manor a place to avoid!
Pros
Like the people I work with
Cons
Poor leadership in a director. Not sure why she is there or why they hired her in the first place???
Very good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clay Center, KSJanuary 22, 2015
Started the day by assisting residents with getting ready for the day, bathing, oral care, peri-care, dressing, assisting with meals, assisting with activities of the day. Assisted with lunch, toileting, vitals, ambulation.

Learned specifics for working with my residents, worked wonderfully with co-workers as well as residents. Hardest part of the job was the physical part of it. Lifting, dealing with combative residents. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a resident said something nice about how I cared for them. They really liked me and how I took care of them, and I loved being their caregiver.
Pros
was close to home, and good working environment.
Cons
i did not have to partake in the healthcare due to military, but the healthcare was not so good. i was glad i didn't have to partake in it.
Mission driven organization devoted to Christian Senior Care
Director of Field Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 22, 2014
High quality provider of senior care through ownership of 18 senior care communities in Kansas and Missouri.