Presbyterian Manors of Mid America Employee Reviews

I enjoy my job at the Manor.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clay Center, KSJanuary 11, 2017
I love each of the residents. They are amazing and so is the staff. I like the days I work at the Manor. The Management is wonderful in Clay Center. I really do enjoy my job here.
Pros
Cons
There are no con that I can think of
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 13, 2016
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.,) as outlined for housekeeping department.
-Cleans assigned areas, furnishings, and fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
-Cleans floors: Dry mops, wet mops, sweeps, waxes, buffs, disinfects where and when necessary. -Performs emergency housekeeping where accidents occur.
-Also assists healthcare staff with miscellaneous spills, bed changes, etc to care for residents.
Poor work environment, low morale.
Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 6, 2016
After working for Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America in Topeka, KS, I would not recommend employment with this company.

This company is more concerned with staying in 'budget' than the direct care that their residents receive. When there are staffing cuts, it's always to the staff that directly cares for the residents.

There is an excess of management at this facility. The management staff are not friendly, and rarely come out of their offices, unless State inspectors are in the building, or there is an employee that needs reprimanded.

They cannot keep employees, because the pay is not competitive with most other long term care homes in Topeka, and the health benefits are too expensive to afford for a family on the low wages being paid. From what I was told by some of the veteran employees, the few perks that used to be offered, ie... free lunches, company Christmas party, paid inservice day yearly, have all been stripped as a benefit, leaving little to nothing offered as a positive.

The management certainly will not appreciate you in any way, as they can't even be bothered to offer you a kind word when you're doing a good job!

There just isn't any reward for working here, other than the residents that appreciate and love you.
Pros
The amazing residents, any other 'pro' to employment has been stripped from the staff
Cons
High resident to staff ratio, large corporation with values that are not always 'resident' centered, more concerned with 'budget' than resident care, poor staff morale.
Poor work place
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 27, 2016
Executive director has checked out a long time ago and doesn't care about employees or the work place. You can take major issues like abuse and he will take it to the supervisor to confront the staff member that does the abuse (verbal). Some management refuse to see the issues this includes corporate. They worry about who is saying what rather than what an issue is. It seems more like a high school full of drama rather than a caring retirement home. Most people stay because of their friendship or love for the residents not because they like working there. They don't stay for the benefits because there are non. They don't give raises or show appreciation to the employees. There might as well not be a human resource department because they don't like people. It's great when the human resource assistant cusses at you.
Pros
Immediate staff does care about the residents
Cons
Benefits, management, administration
Failed at all aspects of employee moral/mission statement
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 1, 2016
Current director has literally distroyed the nursing team in less than 3 months. Former member "State survey team", has looked at her employees and told them "I hate you" when reporting an issue. Staff turnover, employees that have been there 16 plus years have moved on do to her being unapproachable, attacking staff and lack of compassionate care to the residents. This lady should not be in management let alone a directors position. Destroying a company one day at a time, and using agency workers because turnover is absolutely horrible. I feel horrible for the residents, they are directly impacted. Staffing coordinator is a joke, always understaffed
Pros
Cons
Fearful of management direction
Best Resident Care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 3, 2016
Not alot of respect from higher ups. Alot of them are very impatient and rude, but the residents are great. I recommend it over all.
Best facility in the area
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 8, 2015
One of the best facilities I've ever worked for!
Staff are friendly and very knowledgeable, genuine care and concern for residents and families. Cultural change with the residents, gives them the choices and independence they want and need. I truly believe the residents and staff are happy there. The staff take pride in the quality care they give, along with TEAM Work. Flexible scheduling with school schedules, major plus. I would definitely recommend TPM to anyone looking for a healthcare career. I would absolutely work there again in the future.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Benefits, staff incentives
Cons
None- I absolutely love that place
Work harder with less
CNA (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSJune 15, 2015
The residents are wonderful! If you care about the elderly and not just about a paycheck you will love working here the residents are so enjoyable!

However you will be expected to work your butt off, you will constantly be running, you will never seem to have enough help and if you do have help they don't really work when they are there. As people my co-workers are pretty good, but as co-workers they suck! Not all suck, but several put forth NO effort to do anything and that makes it much harder on the others.

The D.O.N is pretty amazing and works great with everyone except the director who makes me question if she has ever worked with residents due to some of the poor decisions I've seen made and because if their is a complaint we need trained better or "I'll just take away an aid until you guys learn to work".
Pros
Amazing residents
Cons
Lucky to get a break or lunch
Leadership Questionable!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 1, 2015
Your director should have more knowledge than you, not in Topeka, KS! Has the who ever gets there first is right thing going on. Does not know how to investigate any complaint. In fact, passes her work off to anyone she can. Also, did some terrible things in CO and gave up her license there. NOT GOOD! These things in itself make Topeka Presbyterian Manor a place to avoid!
Pros
Like the people I work with
Cons
Poor leadership in a director. Not sure why she is there or why they hired her in the first place???
Very good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clay Center, KSJanuary 22, 2015
Started the day by assisting residents with getting ready for the day, bathing, oral care, peri-care, dressing, assisting with meals, assisting with activities of the day. Assisted with lunch, toileting, vitals, ambulation.

Learned specifics for working with my residents, worked wonderfully with co-workers as well as residents. Hardest part of the job was the physical part of it. Lifting, dealing with combative residents. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a resident said something nice about how I cared for them. They really liked me and how I took care of them, and I loved being their caregiver.
Pros
Was close to home, and good working environment.
Cons
I did not have to partake in the healthcare due to Military, but the healthcare was not so good. I was glad I didn't have to partake in it.
Mission driven organization devoted to Christian Senior Care
Director of Field Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 22, 2014
High quality provider of senior care through ownership of 18 senior care communities in Kansas and Missouri.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Manors of Mid America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6