Presbyterian Medical Services

Presbyterian Medical Services Employer Reviews

Fun work place.
Medical Abstractor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2013
Fun work enviorment to work in. very detailed, alway something to stay on task.
In home family therapy
Case management (Current Employee), Farmington, NMNovember 12, 2013
Pros: changing families every six months, open scheduling
Cons: on call 24-7, no time off
I start my day around 11 am. We have between two and three families to see each day. We spend two hours each session two times a week.
I have learned so much from this job, i did not think that i could work with families, my passion has always been teenagers, i have learned to get families the services that they need. I enjoy my job.
My direct supervisor – more... is amazing he is always their to answer questions we have or give us another idea to help the family. The management is about numbers and productivity. When our clients were doing good then our numbers would drop and we would get in trouble.
My co-workers and i rarely see each other. We see one another one day a week when we have group supervision. Other than that we never see each other or talk with each other.
The hardest part of the job is being on call 24/7 even if we are on leave we still have to answer our phones. I have had calls in the middle of the night and on the weekends, i have had to leave my home on the weekends to deal with crisis's.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the families they are all different and its enjoyable getting to know them and watching them turn their lives around. – less
ok Company to work for
Business Office Supervisor II (Former Employee), Gallup, NMOctober 22, 2013
I enjoyed my supervisor and my coworkers, It was just alot of work and under paid.
Moderate
CLINICAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Farmington, NMOctober 20, 2013
Pros: staff is very knowlegable and caring
Cons: administrator in farmington is a very emotional leader
PMS upper management is not well organized, a lack of written policies and procedures. Middle Management does not consider harm to clients by pulling staff suddenly (from one day to the next) of their cases and reassigning somewhere else without appropriate termination for clients.
behavioral Health Specialists are not being consulted by Administrators – more... in Farmington. – less
good place
Patient Care Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 12, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low salary
we are upgrading to NextGen 8.1 so there is a lot to do.

lots of different duties

food people to work with
I enjoy helping others.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Farmington, NMOctober 7, 2013
Pros: having a fun staff meeting and getting along with others. parties for different occasions.
Cons: not enough overtime.
I enjoyed working with records and helping patient/clients any way I can. I do this politely and professionally. I demonstrate courtesy and willing to assist in time of customer need. I cooperate with others to resolve customer problems. Working with records is time consuming and very challenging. I can multitask and get my work done as accurately and – more... as quick as I can. I enjoy meeting people. – less
Nt a good place for a new grad
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMApril 20, 2013
They had poor management and poor support system. They did not support a new graduate with the type of support they would need.
Good mission, poor management
program manager (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: paid time off, benifit package
Cons: low pay, stiffling management, micro management.
I worked for PMS nearly 2 yrs. I became disenchanted after 6 months and started looking for a new job after 1 yr.

This company has outgrown it original small company status and is now a larger player, yet it still thinks like it is small. They say the want new ideas and are open to continuos improvement, but they are stuck in the old ways and resist – more... change. There is a bubble around management and they only see what they want to see and only hear what they want to hear. They do not listen to the professonal experts they hire to give them guidence. They try to do leadership and team building training, but there's nothing of substance behind what they say.

Professonals are hired to take charge of programs, but when they try to take charge and change the way things are done, the company silences them and takes away their authority leaving them set up for failure. Managers and supervisors are not held accountable for not following standard procedures.

Turnover is high, moral is low. PTO package and benifits are good, but employees complain about base pay.

They have relocated portions of thier HQ to another city and when they did employees had to reapply for their jobs and had to accept less pay to stay with the company. This may happen again soon. – less
enjoyed working with children and families
Family Service Assistant (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMNovember 26, 2012
Pros: rewarding experence
Cons: to far to travel daily
Got to visit families at home and school and worked with children daily.
Provide Many services to the community
Adm Asst & H R & Safety Officer (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMOctober 15, 2012
Satisfying work
Learned how to do too much at the same time
Management was fluid
Co-workers were awesome and dedicated
too much work for one person
I learned and did so much with and for great people.
Interesting place to work with diversity of cultures among staff
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Gallup, NMSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor administration
Reconciled patient accounts, correct and resubmit bills for payment to insurance. Turn over rate for employees is high. Poor guidance from administration but the ability to help patients with problems made the job worthwhile.
Excellent company to work for with great advancements.
Patient Care Training Specialist (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 23, 2012
Pros: pay for travel and food.
Cons: wish that there was more given back to the employees.
I originally started working at the front desk of a billing office and have been promoted to a trainer position. This company recognizes hard work and promotes within. I have learned how the medical world functions and a lot of the terminology. Management is very helpful and understanding. You work with great support all around you within your co-workers. – more... Every day brings new challenges on how to figure out a work flow or combining a schedule to ensure task are done in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part is that there is a new challenge every day. Not a boring job by any means. – less
Builded a Healthier State and Community
Administrator II (Former Employee), Questa, New MexicoApril 9, 2012
Pros: excellent leadership from executive committe, support from regional director, and having a proactive, dedicated staff
Provided integrated healthcare (Dental, Medical, & Behavioral Health)to the people of Northern New Mexico regardless of their ability to pay with the support of grants and Federally Qualified Funding. Provided free Breast and Cervical Cancer screenings and participated in the Title X program.

Staff had an excess of a combined 100 years of service to – more... PMS and their community.

The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye.

The most enjoyable part of my job was providing healthcare to people who needed it by operating within the funding parameters. – less