Presbyterian Medical Services Employee Reviews

Bad
Family Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 16, 2017
I came home crying most days and did not ever want to go back to work. Unfortunately, I was fresh out of college and needed some sort of job before my student loans kicked in.
Account Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 26, 2017
Very relaxed environment, very productive, crossed trained to learn multiple positions in various departments. Management very easy to get along with.
Upper Management needs major improvement
Clinician Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 20, 2017
They have good people working for them, but management is clueless about how to keep them happy, so they have high employee turnover. They lose good people who would be assets to their company and they could care less about it.

Employee morale is very low. I blame that on management. They only care for themselves and the very few "incentives" they think makes employees happy...people could care less about. Management ignores major issues because if it's making them money, that's all they care about.

Advice to Management:
Re-train yourselves to actually "manage" properly. Get out of the "New Mexico" mentality that keeps your company at a basic level. The rest of the world is in the 21st century...you might want to consider joining them.
Pros
If you're a "follower" and don't need to voice your own opinions, then you will be happy here.
Cons
If you are an independent thinker who thinks your voice can make a difference, you will not be happy here
HIghly professional, successful corporation
Health & Nutrition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 17, 2017
Professionally managed non-profit with a valuable mission in the State of New Mexico, addressing the broad health and human services needs of adults and children and families.
Caring, friendly, welcoming atmosphere
Patient Registrar 3 (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 4, 2017
I enjoy my job. I care about my patients. I am constantly busy. I make my patients happy. I have goals to move up with company. I take pride in my work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
daily changes
High needs area deserve high quality services but this is not a foreseeable goal for those who make decisions about program development & funding
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  New MexicoAugust 31, 2017
A typical day at work would be full of unnecessary stress, front desk people misleading the clients and lower and upper management spending their time turning one provider against another. Horrible environment to work in great needs areas.
Pros
the clients
Cons
management
Low pay but company is providing a needed service
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Cuba, NMAugust 21, 2017
Rural area health care provider. Low pay but providing a very necessary and important function in a low wage and high unemployment area of New Mexico. The staff is very committed to the goal of the organization.
Pros
low stress
Cons
low pay
Good job
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMAugust 8, 2017
My over all experience with PMS was good. I like the work since I am a case manager, I learned fairly quickly. The medication administering was difficult since I had little training on this. Management was poor since my supervisor only expected things done rather than working with me, he talked at me all the time. It was difficult also because he had little knowledge of the Navajo culture.
Pros
Good pay and good work environment
Cons
Supervisor was difficult to get along with since he only dictated rather than working with me.
many location options
Family Service Assistant/Infant teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMAugust 6, 2017
Busy and consistent work place. Lots of support staff available when needed. The amount of administrating can be overwhelming at times but overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
lots of free training.
Cons
No breaks, very few hollidays
Needs better training
Accounts Receivable Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2017
The training is non existent
No one knows the "right" way to do things
The clinics are great but the office is very unorganized and needs help
Management is all over the place
beautiful community great team learders
Therapist/MST (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 5, 2017
it was a great place to work. I had wonderful supervisors who were there when you needed them. Our team was well liked and know in the community and never letting them down and ready to help a new family.
Pros
great team supportive great communication
Cons
no bonus for being a spanish speaker
Good, stable job
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 25, 2017
Stable job, rewarding, good hours, good benefits, get to impact people's lives in a meaningful way. On the job training and all certifications are paid for.
Short staffed and micro managed
Emergency Medical Technician- Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 21, 2017
on a normal day in the ED it is short staffed and some people do all the work well other sit around it is a friendly place to work but have to know the right people
management ties to help but with such a rotating staff is hard
its a good place to learn new stuff
Pros
abale to pick up as many shifts as you would like
Cons
short staffed
Awesome place to start a career in Psychology
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 26, 2017
Days were overall good, its the place where I learned about dealing with adverse occurrences (documenting and filing) in the state of NM, management was very understanding, workplace was okay in its own right, the hardest part of the job was saying good bye to successful treatments and I would say that was the most enjoyable as well.
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 20, 2017
Productive work environment , great team effort. Enjoyable work environment. Able to multi task and be productive amongst each other. Have learned so many skills by being with this company, have learned essential day to day communication skills with patients, co -workers and management staff
A great "family first" company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 6, 2017
Great company to work for. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the direction the company is going in. The company is very "family first" which I valued.
Pros
Family First
Presbyterian Medical Services
Administrative Assistant (Home Care & Hospice) (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJanuary 18, 2017
Learned a lot during my 12.5 years but was very stressful, management was not very supportive, not a healthy environment to work
Pros
cross training
Cons
poor management
Great Medical staff
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 13, 2017
Care directed towards numbers instead of patient care. Upper management not cross trained to jump in when needed and /or short handed. upper management looks down at Medical staff doesn't give them positive recogniztion
Pros
work schedule 4- 10 hour shifts
Cons
short lunches, under staffed
Love the position
Multisystemic Therapist (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJanuary 11, 2017
Love the position and the populations that we work with. Very rewarding work. Wonderful experience with clients and creating lasting sustainable change with the families utilizing a systemic approach. Extremely successful modality.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
very productive and busy clinic providing good care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 2, 2016
I enjoyedcmy co workers and providers. we are all a team and always do our best to provide good care. we meet quality goals with good leadership. we are always busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Medical Services. Our community is ready to answer.