Presbyterian SeniorCare Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable job if you care for people
Nursing Aide/Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakmont.PASeptember 1, 2015
Activities of Daily Living for all patients. Bathing, Feeding, Walking. need to have patients and compassion. Very hard work a lot of lifting and transporting patients
Cons
healthcare
Get your job offers in writing and shift
Nursing (Current Employee) –  OakmontOctober 31, 2014
I was hired for shift and then was blindsided. Given an shifts I cannot nor will not work. They lied to you in face! Staffing personnel not professional and without having talking to new hires: put you on schedule without asking if there was any days that you could not work and when you bring it to staffing attention
all you get :YOU HAVE FIND SOMEONE TO SWITCH WITH YOU! How you supposed to do that if you only get your schedule only!And you are new hires! It's not good at all. Co-workers are great and helpful. And that's why they have high turnover in nursing and other position. They want agency out of the building. But they don't do right be their employees new and old they're be working on nursing floors all be their self!
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Very good organization to be a part of.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAApril 30, 2014
I supported the director of the campus and handled contracts we had with numerous outside vendors. Followed up on contract renewals and insurance certificates. Also handled calenders for various people in the department. There were always activities for the seniors that lived at PSC and it was nice to volunteer your time and assist with these activities. I found that very rewarding and hoped I helped someone enjoy their day a little more.
Pros
you could visit the senior's that lived there and that was very rewarding.
Great company, layed back atmosphere, worked with families
Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakmont, PAFebruary 6, 2014
A typical day consisted of assisting others in their housing emergencies, scheduling home inspections to ensure our clients were living well; answering calls and working with Social Workers in researching more assistance for the clients. Management was great, I worked directly with my supervisor, which was great. The hardest part of the job was, sometimes the clients passed away. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others with their housing emergencies, I felt like I made a difference every time I assisted a client.
Pros
interacting with the clients, making positive change, managing paper work.
Cons
when the grant money ran out for the fiscal year, i wasn't able to assist the clients.
very prejudice
cna (Former Employee) –  OakmontNovember 24, 2014
Sometimes you will have 2 aides with 50 residents and the nurses DO NOT HELP! As an African American aide I would commit the same flaws as a Caucasian aide but would be penalized for it. I usually do not pull the race card but once you experience certain things more than once you have to come to terms with reality.
Terrible
Hospitality aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, PaSeptember 20, 2014
Severely understaffed, management will fire aides with YEARS of service for the most insignificant reasons. Most of the "higher ups" are on a power trip and will make your experience miserable. The ADON allowed me to be left alone on a floor even though I haven't taken the cna certification class which is highly illegal. They play favorites and will find any reason to dislike a worker, once that happens the worker is usually fired. It's like high school drama meets survivor. Several of my co-workers who are black we're fired because of "bad attitudes" but my white co-workers who call off constantly (well past the 10 occurrence limit) are forgiven and kept on the schedule. Seems a bit racist to me. I've only worked here for two months and I'm already searching for a new job. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment
Cons
low pay, poor management, cliques, very little job security, poor staffing
No room for advancement or job growth
HHA (Former Employee) –  Oakont PAAugust 7, 2014
I worked at Presbyterian Senior Care for 10 monthe as a private care giver. In that time I met with all the requirements of the job. I have seven years experience as a a caregiver. I knew the client's family and they were pleased with my work. I recieved one performance related report that was performance related that I responded to in a constructive and satifactory way, however, because my client's needs changed, I was fired from the job without any warning, even though I followed all careplans and directives from the company.The "performance" related problem that was cited was, in my opinion, a result of a change in the client's condition and response to the existing care plan and not negligence on my part. If anything, it shows that the management was looking for a scapegoat because they are incapable of providing for the comprehensive care of the client.
Pros
some staff is very supportive and professional
Cons
some staff memebers are not professional, however management is often absent and authoritarian, and apathetic to concerns of clients and employees.
Why are they still hiring?
HHA (Current Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 15, 2014
I am a current home health care aide for PSC. I love my job. The management is excellent. But I have been cut down to a 1/4 of my previous hours, without an offer to replace them.

2.8