Presbyterian Village North

Presbyterian Village North Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Central Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2015
I worked here for 14 years. I worked with everyone at all levels. It is a wonderful place. I ordered supplies, billing of patient charges, maintained inventory for the facility.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
NA
Fun place to work with good teammates and a positive atmosphere
Host/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2015
PVN is a great place to work, our company believes in teamwork, accountability, and the progression of a human being. a typical day consists of serving my residents making sure they are comfortable and live in a relaxed atmosphere, our management believes in a positive work environment and constantly boosts our morale. PVN practices principals that help you in your personal life as well as in your professional life. i love working here, it's been apart of my life for fifteen years.
Pros
getting to know my residents, working with my teammates and learning how to be a better employee.
Cons
None, as hard as it seems PVN has been real good to me, i can't think of anything negative.
The Residents are great but the Comany itself is still trying to find itself.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2015
The company is still trying to organize and move forward. If you have a few years to be frustrated with uncertainty, disorganization, mixed messages, competing agendas within management ranks etc., with the hope that things will get better, then this would be for you.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Unstructured Management, Measurement & Accounting standards produce uncertainty of individual & Company performance status
Great learning environment
Maintenace Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2015
A typical day is fulfilling work orders to assist my residents with daily needs such as maintaining their living facilities.I've learned that positive energy makes a frustrating situation for my residents more relaxing and less threating.My management team is very supportive with our day to day operations.The co-workers I work with have levels of knowledge and experience that helps when anyone gets stumped on projects.The hardest part of my job is not always being able to help my residents understand things that seem difficult to them.The most enjoyable part is that everyday there is always room for improvement.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
shortbreaks, timeoff
Productive but management is bad
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2015
Its a great company to work for. I love the residents but the pay is not right and there always short on staff. I love my co workers because we work as a team and we have each other backs. I love interacting with each of the residents.
Pros
get attach to the residents
Cons
short on staff
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
Overall it was a great facility. The facility did not have very many test protocols. The staff at PVN are very approachable and my overall experience was great.
Cons
short break, lack of materials
I love my job.
Memory Care Unit Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2014
I love my job at PVN. I have a great supervisor and I work with the best staff in the world. I am a charge nurse in a memory care unit. There is never a dull moment with my residents. The hardest part of my job is losing a resident. I'm attached to them all, so it's painful to lose one. The best part of my job is interacting with my residents. I love talking with them and doing activities with them.
Pros
working with my patients and i have a great staff.
Cons
working holidays
Expanding Dining Services in a Master Plan for the next 15 years has created a tremendous culture of teamwork & collaboration.
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2014
PVN created many opportunities for to step outside of the box. The most difficult aspect was micromanaging from corporate & administration. They fostered a culture of accountability and always providing service excellence for the residents & staff.
Awesome work enviroment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Charge Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2015
Great place to work, great team work, very organized, workload is manageable, at this facility you see a lot of the CEO and upper corporate managers.
Do not be fooled by the presbyterian name
life enrichment (Former Employee) –  dallasJuly 14, 2014
Their mission statement is only that...a statement. The employees are overworked for an embarrassing pay plus there's a pyramid of executives and managers who micro manage you to death

Don't stand up for yourself and PLEASE don't try and talk to the executives.....they are too busy for the likes of you. They don't pay attention to their own policies and God forbid if you step out of their suffocating box they'll cut you off at the knees

Any positive reviews are post regime
Pros
nada
Cons
not the loving christian environment they claim
Short on CNA and nurses
LVN I currently work weekend doubles (Current Employee) –  Dallas TXMarch 17, 2015
The pay is low a lot of work. Short alot on staff. Enjoyed working with the residents. Management keeps cutting the benefits .
Great company to work for.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2013
I worked with this company for two years, by far I think this was the greatest company to work for through out my nursing career. The work load was better than average. A patient ratio was 1:6, staffing was adequate and sufficient to allow one to do his/her job. I would recommend this company to others.
Pros
offered bonus when asked to work extra shifts
Cons
distance from my home.
Friendly work place and very productive with daily food output.
Dining Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2014
My seven years experience at Presbyterian Village North was great. The residents were friendly, accommodating, pleasant and caring to every employee. It is a fun place to work with activities for the Residents.
Pros
free lunch for all employees.
Cons
turnover rate in our department
fun work place
Clinical Care /Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2013
was my first experience in the medical field, it was a bit scary at first because we didn't have a great team work and some people came to work with personal agrandisement and one of the challenges I faced was how I could team with them to achieve a successful end without hurting them more.
we happened to a great team work at last.
I Did love working for that company
CNA&LEAD AIDE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2013
n i start working for that company i enjoyed work there. I was there for 13 years I Learn alot from my co-workers. An i did care about the resident's An i move to a different spot on the job as a lead aide an that was a hard job to do.But i got it down so it came enjoyed for me. Some of my co-worker did not like me
Very busy position - enjoy my job - versitile
Payroll Specialist/Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Dallas, TexasJuly 7, 2012
A typical day at work would be reports, daily accounting paperwork, working with employees and managers/surpervisors to make certain employees were paid correctly.
Pros
i liked being able to have a final great result of my position.
Cons
long comute.
Worst place you can work! Reminds me of slavery days
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2014
The worst place you can ever work. They treat you like your in jail!!!! The pay is low and they always have ppl that dont show up on the schedule and expect others to do their job!!!
Dedication, hard work, yet fulfilling
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2012
A typical day at work involved monitoring and recording dining hall reservations, ensuring customer service met customer’s satisfaction, and served beverages and prepared the salad, fruit, and dessert bar.
I learned the proper way to set a table, the proper way to serve the guest, how to be more attentive and quickly get the job done in a short amount of time.
Management were awesome very approachable, understanding, and attentive to guest and employees.
Co-works were helpful to quickly train me as a hostess. Working as a team allowed everyone to complete their duties.
The hardest part of this job was preparing five or six tables for two lunches with a thirty minute grace period in between. As well as preparing coffee, salad, fruit, and dessert bar.
The most enjoyable part of this job was bring joy and laughter to the elderly. While listening to the veterans tell old stories.
Pros
free lunch, summer position to gain experience
Cons
stand up for three to four hour at a time, only thirty minute breaks
Great place for advancement
Contract Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2012
Friendly coworkers
Flexible management
Great caseload
Diverse patient population, beautiful working environment. Care and compassion are expected and rewarded.
It could have been a wonderful place to work.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2014
No comment. I prefer not to comment about my experience there because it was so terrible.
Pros
management really tried to start changing things.
Cons
no comment