Presbyterian Village North

Presbyterian Village North Employer Reviews

I love my job.
Memory Care Unit Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: working with my patients and i have a great staff.
Cons: working holidays
I love my job at PVN. I have a great supervisor and I work with the best staff in the world. I am a charge nurse in a memory care unit. There is never a dull moment with my residents. The hardest part of my job is losing a resident. I'm attached to them all, so it's painful to lose one. The best part of my job is interacting with my residents. I love – more... talking with them and doing activities with them. – less
DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE PRESBYTERIAN NAME
life enrichment (Former Employee), dallasJuly 14, 2014
Pros: nada
Cons: not the loving christian environment they claim
Their mission statement is only that...a statement. The employees are overworked for an embarrassing pay plus there's a pyramid of executives and managers who micro manage you to death

Don't stand up for yourself and PLEASE don't try and talk to the executives.....they are too busy for the likes of you. They don't pay attention to their own policies – more... and God forbid if you step out of their suffocating box they'll cut you off at the knees

Any positive reviews are post regime – less
It could have been a wonderful place to work.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: management really tried to start changing things.
Cons: no comment
No comment. I prefer not to comment about my experience there because it was so terrible.
Fun, warm environment to work in.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2014
My days are never typical. I help to take care of 75 elderly men and women. In the mornings I start by updating the census and e-mailing everyone on campus to let them know if our resident status has changed, after that I do an array of tasks from taking care of maintenance requests, correspondence, faxing etc.

I work very closely with my supervisor, – more... keeping her calendar, creating family e-mails for her using our constant contact system, compiling our monthly orders, keeping her updated on things going on and a wide variety of other tasks.

My co-workers are all very warm and friendly and we all work together great. We communicate by radio most of the day. I take care of their schedules, PTO requests and help them with their education requirements.

The hardest part of my job is when we lose one of our residents as they are all like an extended family. But at the end of the day you can leave knowing that you were one of the people that helped to make the end of their life easy and enjoyable. It's a curse and a blessing all at the same time.

The easiest part of my job goes hand in hand with the hardest part; my residents. They bring me joy every day and it’s a good feeling to be able to go into work and feel like you are also at home. Working at PVN has taught me that we are all individuals and the elderly are no different then anyone else, they just know a lot more and have better stories. – less
Friendly work place and very productive with daily food output.
Dining Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch for all employees.
Cons: turnover rate in our department
My seven years experience at Presbyterian Village North was great. The residents were friendly, accommodating, pleasant and caring to every employee. It is a fun place to work with activities for the Residents.
Great company to work for.
CNA (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: offered bonus when asked to work extra shifts
Cons: distance from my home.
I worked with this company for two years, by far I think this was the greatest company to work for through out my nursing career. The work load was better than average. A patient ratio was 1:6, staffing was adequate and sufficient to allow one to do his/her job. I would recommend this company to others.
I Did love working for that company
CNA&LEAD AIDE (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2013
n i start working for that company i enjoyed work there. I was there for 13 years I Learn alot from my co-workers. An i did care about the resident's An i move to a different spot on the job as a lead aide an that was a hard job to do.But i got it down so it came enjoyed for me. Some of my co-worker did not like me
fun work place
Clinical Care /Support Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2013
was my first experience in the medical field, it was a bit scary at first because we didn't have a great team work and some people came to work with personal agrandisement and one of the challenges I faced was how I could team with them to achieve a successful end without hurting them more.
we happened to a great team work at last.
Great place for advancement
Contract Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2012
Friendly coworkers
Flexible management
Great caseload
Diverse patient population, beautiful working environment. Care and compassion are expected and rewarded.
Nice Community
management (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2012
Pros: nice place
Cons: private pay so if you don't have the money you don't get to enjoy
Great and caring staff. Some of the best nurses I have ever worked with.
Very busy position - enjoy my job - versitile
Payroll Specialist/Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), North Dallas, TexasJuly 7, 2012
Pros: i liked being able to have a final great result of my position.
Cons: long comute.
A typical day at work would be reports, daily accounting paperwork, working with employees and managers/surpervisors to make certain employees were paid correctly.
Dedication, hard work, yet fulfilling
Hostess (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 28, 2012
Pros: free lunch, summer position to gain experience
Cons: stand up for three to four hour at a time, only thirty minute breaks
A typical day at work involved monitoring and recording dining hall reservations, ensuring customer service met customer’s satisfaction, and served beverages and prepared the salad, fruit, and dessert bar.
I learned the proper way to set a table, the proper way to serve the guest, how to be more attentive and quickly get the job done in a short amount – more... of time.
Management were awesome very approachable, understanding, and attentive to guest and employees.
Co-works were helpful to quickly train me as a hostess. Working as a team allowed everyone to complete their duties.
The hardest part of this job was preparing five or six tables for two lunches with a thirty minute grace period in between. As well as preparing coffee, salad, fruit, and dessert bar.
The most enjoyable part of this job was bring joy and laughter to the elderly. While listening to the veterans tell old stories. – less