Presbyterian Village North Employee Reviews

Executive Director and Associate executive director are poor leaders
None (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2016
Good ol' boy network going on. Enough said. Watch out and apply at your own risk.

I do question the mental capacity of the associate director.

Directors reporting to the executive are either lazy, little Adolf Hitlers, or doesn't really know their job and they hire the likes of them to work iunder them. Go figure.

Christian it is not.
Pros
N/A
Good work place
Dementia alzetimer specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2016
Patient are very great to work with friendly and full of lovei love my hours and my nurse is so caring towards the patient and envolved in there daily activity
Pros
Great work place
Cons
No holiday pay
great place to work
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2016
I love this job I got paid to come to work plan parties, trips, and events and then attend all the things we planned. I went place with this job I would never have been able to attend otherwise
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
to far to drive
Great Place to Work
Central Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2015
I worked here for 14 years. I worked with everyone at all levels. It is a wonderful place. I ordered supplies, billing of patient charges, maintained inventory for the facility.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
NA
Fun place to work with good teammates and a positive atmosphere
Host/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2015
PVN is a great place to work, our company believes in teamwork, accountability, and the progression of a human being. a typical day consists of serving my residents making sure they are comfortable and live in a relaxed atmosphere, our management believes in a positive work environment and constantly boosts our morale. PVN practices principals that help you in your personal life as well as in your professional life. i love working here, it's been apart of my life for fifteen years.
Pros
getting to know my residents, working with my teammates and learning how to be a better employee.
Cons
None, as hard as it seems PVN has been real good to me, i can't think of anything negative.
The Residents are great but the Comany itself is still trying to find itself.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2015
The company is still trying to organize and move forward. If you have a few years to be frustrated with uncertainty, disorganization, mixed messages, competing agendas within management ranks etc., with the hope that things will get better, then this would be for you.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Unstructured Management, Measurement & Accounting standards produce uncertainty of individual & Company performance status
is a fun work place and very productive
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2015
is a very good workplace. i learned about teamwork because is a teamwork place. i like my job as i medication aide so i kind of enjoy the work and the my co-workers are so nice. the management treats their workers nice.
Pros
free lunch on holidays
Cons
good pay time off
Great learning environment
Maintenace Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2015
A typical day is fulfilling work orders to assist my residents with daily needs such as maintaining their living facilities.I've learned that positive energy makes a frustrating situation for my residents more relaxing and less threating.My management team is very supportive with our day to day operations.The co-workers I work with have levels of knowledge and experience that helps when anyone gets stumped on projects.The hardest part of my job is not always being able to help my residents understand things that seem difficult to them.The most enjoyable part is that everyday there is always room for improvement.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
shortbreaks, timeoff
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
Overall it was a great facility. The facility did not have very many test protocols. The staff at PVN are very approachable and my overall experience was great.
Cons
short break, lack of materials
Residents are a joy to work with and job is great except for manament. . The management creates hostile work environment, failure situations
Registered Music Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
A typical day included providing activity and music therapy groups from 9:45-11:00. Then assist in dining room with residents who needed assistance. Afternoon activities were from 2:00-4:30. I learned few new skills at this facility and pretty much searched for my own resources. Little budget to provide crafts or other activities. Division between all departments. They do not work together and there is little follow up to make sure state laws and pvn policies are followed. Management would be more appropriate if they were on the floor to enforce follow through. Lots of hostile situations and placing employee's in a place to fail no matter what choices they made or how sincere their motives. In my department we were not allowed to ask questions without some kind of negative consequences. My supervisor was allowed to speak and act any way she chose without consequences (yelling, cursing, getting in others personal space, putting her hands on others in an aggressive manner etc). Co-workers were awesome by supporting one another through all the red tape and lack of appropriate management.

The residenst were the joy of my job. I was able to use music therapy to encourage and increase communication with nonverbal residents.
Provided lots of stimuli to assist in keeping the residents engaged in all activities.
Pros
Residents were a joy to work with and made a lot of progress.
Cons
Management was very poor without leadership or support.
Productive but management is bad
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2015
Its a great company to work for. I love the residents but the pay is not right and there always short on staff. I love my co workers because we work as a team and we have each other backs. I love interacting with each of the residents.
Pros
get attach to the residents
Cons
short on staff
Awesome work enviroment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Charge Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2015
Great place to work, great team work, very organized, workload is manageable, at this facility you see a lot of the CEO and upper corporate managers.
Short on CNA and nurses
LVN I currently work weekend doubles (Current Employee) –  Dallas TXMarch 17, 2015
The pay is low a lot of work. Short alot on staff. Enjoyed working with the residents. Management keeps cutting the benefits .
Worst place you can work! Reminds me of slavery days
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2014
The worst place you can ever work. They treat you like your in jail!!!! The pay is low and they always have ppl that dont show up on the schedule and expect others to do their job!!!
Expanding Dining Services in a Master Plan for the next 15 years has created a tremendous culture of teamwork & collaboration.
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2014
PVN created many opportunities for to step outside of the box. The most difficult aspect was micromanaging from corporate & administration. They fostered a culture of accountability and always providing service excellence for the residents & staff.
I love my job.
Memory Care Unit Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2014
I love my job at PVN. I have a great supervisor and I work with the best staff in the world. I am a charge nurse in a memory care unit. There is never a dull moment with my residents. The hardest part of my job is losing a resident. I'm attached to them all, so it's painful to lose one. The best part of my job is interacting with my residents. I love talking with them and doing activities with them.
Pros
Working with my patients and I have a great staff.
Cons
Working Holidays
Do not be fooled by the presbyterian name
life enrichment (Former Employee) –  dallasJuly 14, 2014
Their mission statement is only that...a statement. The employees are overworked for an embarrassing pay plus there's a pyramid of executives and managers who micro manage you to death

Don't stand up for yourself and PLEASE don't try and talk to the executives.....they are too busy for the likes of you. They don't pay attention to their own policies and God forbid if you step out of their suffocating box they'll cut you off at the knees

Any positive reviews are post regime
Pros
nada
Cons
not the loving Christian environment they claim
It could have been a wonderful place to work.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2014
No comment. I prefer not to comment about my experience there because it was so terrible.
Pros
Management really tried to start changing things.
Cons
No comment
Fun, warm environment to work in.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2014
My days are never typical. I help to take care of 75 elderly men and women. In the mornings I start by updating the census and e-mailing everyone on campus to let them know if our resident status has changed, after that I do an array of tasks from taking care of maintenance requests, correspondence, faxing etc.

I work very closely with my supervisor, keeping her calendar, creating family e-mails for her using our constant contact system, compiling our monthly orders, keeping her updated on things going on and a wide variety of other tasks.

My co-workers are all very warm and friendly and we all work together great. We communicate by radio most of the day. I take care of their schedules, PTO requests and help them with their education requirements.

The hardest part of my job is when we lose one of our residents as they are all like an extended family. But at the end of the day you can leave knowing that you were one of the people that helped to make the end of their life easy and enjoyable. It's a curse and a blessing all at the same time.

The easiest part of my job goes hand in hand with the hardest part; my residents. They bring me joy every day and it’s a good feeling to be able to go into work and feel like you are also at home. Working at PVN has taught me that we are all individuals and the elderly are no different then anyone else, they just know a lot more and have better stories.
Friendly work place and very productive with daily food output.
Dining Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2014
My seven years experience at Presbyterian Village North was great. The residents were friendly, accommodating, pleasant and caring to every employee. It is a fun place to work with activities for the Residents.
Pros
Free Lunch for all employees.
Cons
Turnover rate in our department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Village North. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9