Presbyterian Village North Employee Reviews

Nice Buliding
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2018
You really have to be a people person at times some office people talk to you any kind of way and think it is ok to talk to you any kind of way. I enjoyed the time I was there.
"Faith Based"
PTA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2017
When I joined the PVN team a few years ago, they considered themselves to be a "faith based" company. It was the BEST facility that I had ever worked at in my 10 year career! But over the last couple of years, PVN has become more of a "financially based" facility. PVN went from caring about their residents/patients and employees, to caring more about the bottom dollar. Now they are under-staffed and have a low census. They just opened up a brand new short-term rehab center with a beautiful, huge therapy gym and they are having difficulty getting enough patients to fill the beds. The old saying, "You get what you pay for," comes to mind when I think of PVN.
Pros
New facilities
Cons
under staffed/poor benefits/no leadership
Love it
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2017
Best place to work. Team work. Great pay. Team work. Management are the best. Would place a love one here. Passionate. Great customer service. Love it
Pros
Cons
Short staff sometimes
Great starter job
Lanscaper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work with great people and many opportunities the management was always there to help and assist in any situation and the job was always steady
lack luster
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed being around the residents but did not necessarily like how my housekeeping team was led. it was very difficult because i did not speak spanish.
Worst Human Resources Department EVER!
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2017
Management needs to review their mission statement. People are rude, prejudice and there is a real lack of communication. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
asdf
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2017
My coworkers were all great to work with, and I felt a strong sense of community on the floor I worked on. The most difficult part of my job as a CNA was not having the floors stocked with necessary supplies.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
Low on supplies
Great learning experience
Health Information Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
It was a great learning experience about medical records security policies. Prioritizing my work load was a daily matter. Work load at times was over whelming but I learned to take control and made it each and everyday. The most enjoyable part was being able to take care of elderly residents and made a lot of friends as well as being a team player with my co-workers and I call them friends.
Pros
Lunch area good and could buy lunch tickets at facility. Loved my job.
Cons
no cons
Wonderful Residents
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2017
Really enjoyed my experiences with the residents and most of my coworkers. Some tension was evident after the department was restructured. My original director was fantastic!
Executive Director and Associate executive director are poor leaders
None (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2016
Good ol' boy network going on. Enough said. Watch out and apply at your own risk.

I do question the mental capacity of the associate director.

Directors reporting to the executive are either lazy, little Adolf Hitlers, or doesn't really know their job and they hire the likes of them to work iunder them. Go figure.

Christian it is not.
Pros
N/a
Good work place
Dementia alzetimer specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2016
Patient are very great to work with friendly and full of lovei love my hours and my nurse is so caring towards the patient and envolved in there daily activity
Pros
Great work place
Cons
No holiday pay
great place to work
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2016
I love this job I got paid to come to work plan parties, trips, and events and then attend all the things we planned. I went place with this job I would never have been able to attend otherwise
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
to far to drive
Great co-workers however they are leaving the job due to management.
Physicl Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2016
My co-workers were phenomenal ! In fact they were the reason for my lasting at the job as long as I did. Management was not very supportive of the staff and their needs; they listened with "deaf" ears. Most enjoyable part of the job besides my co-workers were the residents who I adored, Salary has a cap and once you reach it there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Staff
Great Place to Work
Central Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2015
I worked here for 14 years. I worked with everyone at all levels. It is a wonderful place. I ordered supplies, billing of patient charges, maintained inventory for the facility.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Na
Fun place to work with good teammates and a positive atmosphere
Host/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2015
PVN is a great place to work, our company believes in teamwork, accountability, and the progression of a human being. a typical day consists of serving my residents making sure they are comfortable and live in a relaxed atmosphere, our management believes in a positive work environment and constantly boosts our morale. PVN practices principals that help you in your personal life as well as in your professional life. i love working here, it's been apart of my life for fifteen years.
Pros
getting to know my residents, working with my teammates and learning how to be a better employee.
Cons
None, as hard as it seems PVN has been real good to me, i can't think of anything negative.
The Residents are great but the Comany itself is still trying to find itself.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2015
The company is still trying to organize and move forward. If you have a few years to be frustrated with uncertainty, disorganization, mixed messages, competing agendas within management ranks etc., with the hope that things will get better, then this would be for you.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Unstructured Management, Measurement & Accounting standards produce uncertainty of individual & Company performance status
is a fun work place and very productive
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2015
is a very good workplace. i learned about teamwork because is a teamwork place. i like my job as i medication aide so i kind of enjoy the work and the my co-workers are so nice. the management treats their workers nice.
Pros
free lunch on holidays
Cons
good pay time off
Great learning environment
Maintenace Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2015
A typical day is fulfilling work orders to assist my residents with daily needs such as maintaining their living facilities.I've learned that positive energy makes a frustrating situation for my residents more relaxing and less threating.My management team is very supportive with our day to day operations.The co-workers I work with have levels of knowledge and experience that helps when anyone gets stumped on projects.The hardest part of my job is not always being able to help my residents understand things that seem difficult to them.The most enjoyable part is that everyday there is always room for improvement.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
shortbreaks, timeoff
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
Overall it was a great facility. The facility did not have very many test protocols. The staff at PVN are very approachable and my overall experience was great.
Cons
short break, lack of materials
Residents are a joy to work with and job is great except for manament. . The management creates hostile work environment, failure situations
Registered Music Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
A typical day included providing activity and music therapy groups from 9:45-11:00. Then assist in dining room with residents who needed assistance. Afternoon activities were from 2:00-4:30. I learned few new skills at this facility and pretty much searched for my own resources. Little budget to provide crafts or other activities. Division between all departments. They do not work together and there is little follow up to make sure state laws and pvn policies are followed. Management would be more appropriate if they were on the floor to enforce follow through. Lots of hostile situations and placing employee's in a place to fail no matter what choices they made or how sincere their motives. In my department we were not allowed to ask questions without some kind of negative consequences. My supervisor was allowed to speak and act any way she chose without consequences (yelling, cursing, getting in others personal space, putting her hands on others in an aggressive manner etc). Co-workers were awesome by supporting one another through all the red tape and lack of appropriate management.

The residenst were the joy of my job. I was able to use music therapy to encourage and increase communication with nonverbal residents.
Provided lots of stimuli to assist in keeping the residents engaged in all activities.
Pros
Residents were a joy to work with and made a lot of progress.
Cons
Management was very poor without leadership or support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Village North. Our community is ready to answer.

Presbyterian Village North Reviews by Location