Presbyterian Villages of Michigan Employee Reviews

Overall Great Company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 26, 2017
This is the first company that I have been at where I feel that I can retire. EVERYTHING that they've touted within recruitment has been true so far.
Pros
Crains Detroit Business ranked us 2016 Best Managed Non-Profit, A very charitable organization, Has a heart for the Communities that they serve, Employee engagement is high, Connected leadership, Company mission/values guide the Company, family oriented Company
Resident assistant is time sensitive work, you must like to giving care to residents.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIOctober 16, 2017
Presbiterian Willage of Michigan assisting leaving, is the place where elderly people are in need of personal care services with a daily basic activity. Here I learned about aging with all aspects of health ,and how to provide them good care daily. Coordinating work with healthcare professional, registered nurses, therapist and other medical staff ,you have the satisfaction that residents received the best assistance.
Pros
Satisfaction when you see elderly they enjoyed the day.
Horrible Management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 5, 2017
Horrible place to work! HR and management don't take the time to train and then write you up for not doing what they never trained to do in the first place! Do not work here!!
Do not work here.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  MIMay 10, 2017
The "main campus" is filled with a bunch of people who are not interested in the well-being and happiness of their employees. They are only interested in helping PVM making as much money as possible, even if that means cutting their employees hours short, not paying out time off hours, not paying them for the hours they worked, etc. I worked for a home for multiple years before it was merged with PVM and the second it merged, the home changed and became a horrible place to work. Very happy I am no longer there. :)
Pros
The residents are all lovely.
Cons
HORRIBLE management.
Must learn work-life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 15, 2017
Great company for senior citizens. Workers must balance their time and not burn themselves out. The fellow employees for the most part are great to work with.
Terrible
Nursing staff (Current Employee) –  Village of east harborJanuary 7, 2017
All these reviews are for the main company or other campuses. The village of east harbor is terrible and short staffed. The quality of the building is bad and the lifts are even out dated. Management think they are beyond helping under any circumstance. I've never seen the director of nursing on the unit unless it was to get out the door where she parked. I've been there for 3 years and I'm leaving. There's better out there. Plus the nurses are short staffed and have more residents than elsewhere.
Cons
Short staffed. Management only cares about their big lunch breaks together.
Great people
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 21, 2016
A great place to work with a family environment. Lots of work and management knows that and you get to take time off. The management i dealt with was caring and understanding.
Great place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIOctober 17, 2016
This company is amazing. to date one of the best jobs i have ever had. Steady hours, great benefits, and room for advancement. I was let go in 2014 due to tardiness otherwise i would still be there
Pros
All sorts of pros they treat there people good
Cons
None to mention
good place
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 11, 2016
Learned new things every day. Enjoyed staff and residents. Ability to grow in my position and take on many responsibilities.
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MINovember 8, 2014
I enjoy working with seniors, although I am seeking full time employment.

Want to know more about Presbyterian Villages of Michigan?

Ask a question
Valuable place to work
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 27, 2014
This company is awesome! They are very supportive of educating their team members with formal education through the NALP. The company is also very open and supportive of advancement within. They service the elderly by providing outstanding management services as well as well being services at each of their communities and in house! The apartment communities are all, for the most part impeccable places to live and work. This is a non profit organization who really cares about their residents and their quality of living. If given the opportunity, I would gladly work for and recommend this company to my peers. I obtained all of my property management certifications through Presbyterian Villages of Michigan and have been very successful because of the experience and education that PVM has afforded me.
Pros
Advancement opportunity and supportive towards furthering education
Cons
They are solely housed out of Michigan
Serve seniors in all areas of care
Technical Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 19, 2014
Offers Seniors all levels of care. Very clean communities.
Not a good place to work
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  chesterfield miApril 17, 2014
Management changes policies on a whim. They charge way to much when an if you get health benefits ,specially when pay is terrible.
Pros
coworkers great to work with, residents terrific to be around
Cons
no advancement, terrible pay for work load demanded, management not easy to work with
Great for Healthcare staff!
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MINovember 27, 2012
Good company values are promoted, and many wonderful people work there!
Progress Workplace
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 31, 2011
I worked in the Corporate Office for many years and PVM is an excellent secure and progressive non-profit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Villages of Michigan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9