Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Would not reccomend
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMApril 11, 2017
At first it seemed like a great place to work; but in the end it was the worst job I have ever had. Loved my patients, loved the doctor I worked for but as for Presbyterian as a whole entity it was awful.
Very fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2017
i love working at the hospital love the employees very great benfits great hour and pay learned so much you will love and management was soo sweet we was like a family very humble and caring people
OK place to work
EMT-I Clinician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2017
Company has good benefits and training. They offer transfer opportunities. Shifts involve long hours. Management is guided by their matrix.
Good
Recruitment Coordinator, New York (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Presbyterian is a good place to grow and learn in whatever field you choose. I have been here for over 4 years and have seen how multiple departments work and have interacted with coworkers of all different professional levels. I would definitely recommend.
Pres is good to their employees
RRT (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 20, 2016
Presbyterian Hospital is an excellent place to work. The management in the Pulmonary Dept is awesome. I love the people I work with in and out of my department.
The lead person was always easy to talk with about difficulty's
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2016
Productive and family like place to work. IT was a team work with co-workers. Working with Medicare Billing. The day always went by fast. Working my way up the ladder from file clerk to a billing specialist
Pros
Cons
Getting the claim through before the rules were changed
Fun work place and productive
Volunteer Guide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2016
I was part of the volunteering program, and it was a wonderful experience, I learned a lot about providing proper service, and communication between visiting guests and patients.
Pros
co workers
Cons
distance
great team work
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2016
Chart reviews to ensure patients meet acute care criteria / interdisciplinary rounds/ peer to peer reviews/ manage denials/ complete Peer Review Instrument (PRI) for subacute rehab facilities/ challenge payors on high dollar accounts/ appeals management .
The challenging part of the job is when patient or family appeal the discharge. I enjoy the revenue area. The people I work with are very professional and are wonderful to work with- great team work.
Pros
team work amongst colleague
Cons
patient case load
Great Company
Medical Assistant/Group Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 30, 2016
Great company to work for. Company message and mission is inspiring. Work load is comfortable in most departments. Co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable.
Management was not supportive of Staff
Nurse Assistant Registered/Home Help Aid (Former Employee) –  Centerville, MNAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed the work but management staff was not very welcoming and supportive to their staff. you cannot approach anyone if you have a problem.
Homelike atmosphere
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 14, 2016
The staff at this facility provided excellent care to the residents.Families and residents often stated it felt like home.
Pros
location
Cons
facility closing
Quality
CLINICAL DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 13, 2016
Great staff/peer groups to work with.
The $$ drives primary decision making.
Change is constant.
Needs processes in place to sustain improvements long term.
ethical, freindly, respectful, educational
Physical Therapist Asst. (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2016
Presbyterian is committed to their staff and the continues education of research for their members and patients. They were committed to staff feed back on working conditions that we maintained well.
Pros
benefits, continue ed funds
Cons
below market reimburement.
Best Place to Work!
Patient Financial Services - Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 11, 2016
Presbyterian is an exception employer. They provide a wonderful atmosphere to work in. They are concerned about the health of their employees and provide support for personal health as well as work performance.
Pros
Great support from Supervisors
Cons
There are none I am aware of after 4 years.
Great place to work with a lot of opportunities
Manager Linen (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2015
I have 10 years of management experience and 12 years working my way up the leadership ladder. In my position as Linen Manager at New York-Presbyterian I am responsible for handling over 6 million pounds of linen annually. My last project was to reduce the budget deficit. This project resulted in a positive budget variance of $245K for the hospital
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 9, 2015
Typical day would be clocking in and taking inbound calls all day long or until our breaks came along. Didn't really socialize because I was busy on the phones. Hardest part was having to sit in one spot taking calls and starring at a computer all day long. I liked my co-workers and the pay.
Pros
breaks, lunch and minimum supervision
Cons
back to back calls
Supportive manager
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2015
Great patient to nurse ratio. Flexible scheduling. Supportive manager. Pro education and works with you to help you attain your goal.
Pros
scheduling flexibility
Benefits
Presbyterian
Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 19, 2015
Presbyterian is the largest employer in the state of NM. They are dedicated to the health and well being of the residents of NM. I have learned responsibility, and I have been given the opportunity to further my career with them.
Assisting patients/nurses and doctors of what they need
FSC Tech (Current Employee) –  Denver,COJanuary 12, 2015
Getting my day started by grabbing supplies for floors that need them. Restocking and maintaining inventory for each assigned floor. Management team is willing to help me in any situation that can not be resolved right away. They give me the skills and knowledge to resolve any issues that come up I have . Coworkers willing to assist me in anyway they can as well as assisting them. The hardest piece of my job is getting the management staff to listen to my ideas to improve quality and being more efficient. I enjoy being on a safety committee that meets every Thursday to review safety policies, putting myself out there and interacting with staff members.
Pros
Hospital gives free lunches for emplyoee precation day
Cons
Working hoildays and weekends when the week is busy enough, Shortbreaks
Presbyterian-St.Lukes was my best job and held the greatest opportunities for advancement.
RN-Staff and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2014
I enjoyed my nine years at Presbyterian-St.Lukes due to the field of medical-surgical nursing. I advanced in all areas of nursing. I especially learned the importance of nursing being a team and how a manager plays a great roll in one's attitude towards work. I had the greatest manager at Presbyterian-St.Lukes and her skills will always stay with me as a positive roll model.
Pros
Fair across the board salary increases. Good equipment.
Cons
Nurse-patient ratio could have been slightly better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian. Our community is ready to answer.