Presence Health Employee Reviews

Stay away. Don't work here.
Insurance Verification Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 5, 2017
DO NOT WORK HERE. This place is like going to high school all over again. The management is flighty. The coordinators are disrespectful and unhelpful. Then, they do not let you train on the computer only to complain you are not faster when you have been learning from afar. My favorite, however, is when the employees talk about everyone in Spanish. By the way, if you call the HR department, don't expect them to answer or return your calls. I could not run out of there fast enough. STAY AWAY or wait for everyone to grow up. Good luck!
Pros
Lunch Room
Cons
Management, Department Itself
Horrible employer
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 1, 2017
This is a terrible place to work. The management is very unorganized. There's no room for advancement within the company and everybody plays politics. They believe in delegating so you will always be doing someone else's work. They gossip and will set you up so that you will get fired if they don't like you. I wouldn't recommend working at any Presence Health facilities.
Cons
Worked and learned duties in different departments.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2017
I worked there for ten years basically enjoyed everything in the hospital. Worked and enjoyed registering Oncology on Mondays and Thursdays. Ortho on Wednesdays and then had to resigned to relocate here in Cincinnati.
Pros
Busy but we always had a nice time working there.
Cons
Actually all was ok.
friendly place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  med-oncApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed patient care and was fulfilled helping patients achieve the goals. My favorite parts were hospice, oncology, general medical patients. The environment was friendly and the people are caring individuals who make working there easy.
Pros
good people
This place is a stressful one
Admn. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working here, they are very disorganized and If you make any human errors they come down on you as if it's the end of the world. Their training wasn't the best either, its like a set up for failure working there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
stressful, poor training, dis-organized
Great coworkers, but awful staffing
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 9, 2017
Extremely understaffed, not enough resource PCTs. Low-average pay compared to other hospitals. High patient to PCT ratio. Low staffing puts staff and patient safety at risk.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
Often no breaks, understaffed
Company is mediocre
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2017
The company is in growing pains and still trying to determine policy and procedures regarding therapy. It does provide good care. However, it is not providing growth opportunity for me
Great work environment...most days
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 6, 2017
Presence is an ok place to work. I feel like we are underpaid for the work we do many other locations are at 2 or 3 dollars more per hour based on experience. For being in the healthcare field I would think insurance would be better but I pay $50 to see my pcp.
Toxic working environment in IT
Network Specialist Sr. (Current Employee) –  Bollingbrook Il.April 5, 2017
The environment at Presence is one that I see happening in some large corporate companies. IT is being treated in a similar fashion as the trashcans. The culture is more and more untenable with the sudden revocation of Work from home, flex scheduling, increased "busywork" used in the guise of process.
The power of compassion?
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 4, 2017
I lost my job because I have a son with Autism. I tried to fight for my position by asking to work a afternoon shift I really loved my position there but my child with Autism had to of course come first I loved interacting with the patients it's a very humbling experience and rewarding I would love to be apart of their team again.
Pros
Learing something new and exciting.
Cons
No compassion for a parent trying to make it with a special needs child.
Easy opportunity to advance
Cardiac Cath Lab RN (Current Employee) –  AurApril 4, 2017
Good company to work for. staff among units work well together. Most of the physicians are understanding and easy to work with. opportunty to advance in the company if desired.
Great work enviornment
Registration/ Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2017
Everyone I seem to come in contact with loves working for this company and have been here many years. They enjoy the work/life balance and seems like everyone is enjoys the work environment.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Compensation isn't too high
Okay
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
Job stablity was okay, new CIO fired almost 30% of the IT department. I hope that they make it a better company, pay was not bad but the company was whatever.
Company has had several merges, which has resulted in loss of jobs
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 22, 2017
While working here I was compensated fairly although the stress of a possible reduction in force (RIF) was considered at that time. This did eventually happen.
n/a
Billing & Follow-up Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 20, 2017
Better management finally in place 5 years after merger. Too many good employees left the company when the merger happened in 2011. Great healthcare benefits and options to work from home were the best part of the perks from Presence Health.
flat out horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 17, 2017
All I have to say is DO NOT apply here. Very short staffed. The residents are not taking care of because you cant physically do it. Its not fair to them.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Extremely short staffed.
Stressful workplace, for what the employee is paid.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 7, 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone. Employees are petty and back stabbing people, if you're not in their clique. You are put under so much stress, and do not get paid enough money for all that you have to do. I have no issue with working, but I couldn't even make ends meet with what I made there. Management, unfortunately is not fair to all their employees, they have their favorites, which comes with a lot of companies, but this department is so small, that it is easy to notice. The employee morale is low, due to the stress that the employees are placed under. If you do not meet your daily quota, you must email the manager to explain the reason why, every time that you don't. Are we not, Adults!?! I would never apply, to another job with Any Presence Location again.
Pros
Cons
They do not pay enough, for all the stress they put you under.
its ok
Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2017
its ok if you want to work a 9-5 job and want a dead-end career,, sr leadership has gotten better but region leadership still isnt at its best. but overall its ok organization to work for
A place to stop briefly until you find a better opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2017
Not the best place to be they only care about the companies interest not the employees. Been there for four but I've been injured due to me doing my job for the last two and I got terminated because I wasn't able to return at 100% percent.
uneasy environment
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Although I'm proud to work for Presence Health overall, my current department has poor management and the best employees are burning out quickly and transferring out to other departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presence Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7