Presence Health Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place for an audiologist unless the current rehab director leaves
Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Millennium building. CbicagoJune 21, 2016
The rehab director is awful. Holds a license in audiology but doesn't know what he's doing. Had another audiologist before my time who also didn't know what they were doing. He talks behind people's backs and if you make a mistake he is mean and rude. He does a review like you're a robot on an assembly line. Great benefits though if they are still offering them for part time. the other people there are awesome and care about the patients. I learned a lot abou the Mexican culture and am a better person for doing so. If you have any self respect. Stay away.
Pros
Everyone other the. The rehab director
Cons
The rehab director
i worked for them in 2015 i got terminated because of no precert wsd not obtain in timely manner billing issues i have a heart co dition due to stress
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJune 14, 2016
I will never refer no one there very favoritism I didn't like because they work you very hard while other woman stand around talking and laughing not doing anything
Pros
very favoritism
Cons
no breaks
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 2, 2016
I was able to learn new, advanced tests in nuclear medicine. The doctors have a good relationship with the technologists. Co-workers are friendly and management is very approachable.
Pros
Staff, independence while working
Cons
Low Census, pay
Friendly work environment.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
Overall, working for Presence Health has been an enjoyable learning experience. My dispatching and multi tasking skills have improved tremendously with having to operate and maintain two hospitals. Most enjoyable part is working with a staff that works together. Also, being able to self manage and supervise security officers. Hardest part of the job is high call volume hours and managing officers as well.
Pros
Maintained and improved multi tasking skills and customer service skills.
Cons
No real room for advancement as a dispatcher. Not much financial incentive from higher ups.
This place make you want to run. they treat. The resident like animal and over work the worker
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Presence heritage villageMay 7, 2016
I hate work for them no break no time no. Help running to your feet come off then sent people Home when they need the help smfh dont places your mother or daddy here
Cons
No break no help
I am very fortunate to get the opportunity to work for Presence Health
Activity assistance (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILApril 21, 2016
My passion is to help people and motivate the less fortunate ones. I had the best boss; she was very co-operative and made me feel like a family.
Pros
I had the best boss
Cons
sometimes less hours
Im homeless because of them
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 20, 2016
This company has the worse payroll department I've ever worked with, I started March 7th it took 3weeks for my first check, which they still use snail mail until your direct deposit is set up, which takes another three weeks to set up. Human resources were very rude, and laughed at my situation. I have yet to receive a check from April 8th and it's the 20th, and payday is yet approaching again. I quit last week because I would be a fool to keep doing the same thing and expect different results.
Pros
Cons
"god has blessed with a job" tgats wgat a Administrator said to me, i asked did he say when id get paid!
Interesting place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2016
This company is a good place to work for. Since I started working here I gained a lot of experience in different aspects of the department.
Pros
Interact with different departments of the hospital
Cons
No room for advancement
'Presence of Devils' vile work place!
Contract COTA (Former Employee) –  Chicago and Rockford IllinoisApril 5, 2016
I contracted to provide occupational therapy services at both the Presence of St. Claire and Presence Ressurection in Northern Illinois and central Chicago. The directors of Rehab were both insensitive and cold as ice toward the employees. They are trained to "sniff out and exploit Medicare money and we were their chained hounds!"
Patient's rights are ignored, especially if those patients are in an assessment period for the Medicare dollar. Meaning, they want those planned minutes, even if the patient refuses, that's a word the rehab managers will not tolerate! And therapists who refuse to play by their rules are terminated. The Catholic Church, associated with the 'Presence Healthcare system' need to investigate, reform and replace these DORS!
Never again will I work for a Presence facility!
Pros
The geriatric population encountered.
Cons
Nothing at all with this company
Unbalanced and missing vital structure
Lead Collector for Medicaid Accounts (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 20, 2016
Vitally understaffed, manager quit 1 week after I was hired. Typical day starts at 6am, even though I'm not scheduled to start until 8am. Feel pressure to fix & review all hospital accounts. High volume, 11 hospitals, too much work and no direction/leadership
Pros
great matching program for 403b
Cons
no breaks, short lunches
Reputable company with room for growth
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 7, 2016
This is one of the busiest hospitals in Illinois. A typical day consists of seeing numerous patients and obtaining vital information in order to do your job successfully.
Company prefers nurses who don't question safety issues or managers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 2, 2016
Typical day bays not stocked with need supplies, staff split into different areas, not enough staffing for safe pt care in each area.
Learned if you speak up , you get terminated
Managment will step on anyone to climb the ladder.
Co-workers were a good team, but management ruined that. Coworkers were afraid to tell the truth because they would be terminated.
A few co workers were turn-coats and spied on others and "reported" to managment.
Hardest part was when hard working rn.'S quit or got fired and when the pct who worked the hardest was fired and the "spy" pct who was always"too busy" is still employed!
Miss the camaraderie and fellowship of the hardworking nurses that are still afraid of being terminated but need their jobs
Pros
Most of the co workers
Cons
Horrible management, and upper management.
Lots of opportunity for advancement/development
Manager, Learning Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
I've been given several opportunities to develop my professional skills while working for this organization. While there has been a significant amount of restructuring while working here, I've learned a lot throughout the process.
Professional Setting
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2016
The people I worked with were pleasant and always ready to work. I feel this company could improve on making the work place less uptight. I believe work can get completed all while having fun.
Medical Records Coder (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 16, 2016
Presence Covenant Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. Patients come first at Presence. The staff is professional and friendly.
hectic,busy surgery department
Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 6, 2016
The staff are ever changing,moving up to more education,or out to life experience.
Very busy schedule that often go into the evening. Staff is helpful, and supportive.
Call can be physically hard,with long cases.Along with long hours.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
sometimes long hours
decent
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 29, 2016
As a food service assistant, its a decent job to start off with but as a whole company its great to move into bigger and better opportunities as a career.
Pros
environment, resources
Cons
pay rate, behavior in some co-workers within the company
Community hospital in a highly competitive market.
Patient Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 27, 2016
My 10-plus years at St. Mary's Hospital of Kankakee were rewarding and challenging. The Patient Accounting department suffered from inconsistent management. I learned how to perform my job duties well, but once promoted to management I wasn't given any training or support in order to refine my own leadership skills.
Pros
Education and networking was promoted through the American Guild of Patient Account Management
Cons
Stressful.
Registration Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2016
Flexible hours, comfortable job culture, tuition reimbursement available to help further your education, there is always something new to learn.
Great work environment!
Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2016
Great company and great management! Very structured. Co-workers are really great to work with too. Really good work life balance.

2.9