PresenceLearning (www.presencelearning.com) is the leading provider of online speech therapy and other special education-related services for K-12 districts and families of children with special needs. PresenceLearning’s nationwide network of hundreds of highly qualified clinicians includes speech language pathologists (SLPs), occupational therapists (OTs) and other related services professionals. Therapy sessions are delivered “anytime anywhere” via live videoconferencing using the latest in evidence-based practices combined with powerful progress reporting.
Serving thousands of students in public, charter and virtual schools across the U.S. and globally, PresenceLearning has shown that online delivery of related services is practical, convenient and highly effective.
The Director of Special Education Services will (1) strengthen PresenceLearning’s relationships with our existing school district customers and (2) conceive and test new services and products that we can offer to current and future clients. The Director will be an important part of the Company’s senior leadership team, with the opportunity to significantly impact our future direction.
PresenceLearning is based in San Francisco, CA, but our clients are located throughout the U.S. The role will require meaningful travel, so we are open to candidates who are not based in the San Francisco Bay Area and are interested in working from home.
- Work with the founders and the VP of SLP Clinical Services to create a plan to expand PresenceLearning into new service areas (e.g. counseling) and markets (e.g. parents, international) based on client feedback and your strong expertise in learning disabilities / special needs
- Create deep, trusting and lasting relationships with our school clients through in-person visits and candid, friendly conversations about their needs
- Quickly identify any challenges existing customers are experiencing and communicate them to our Clinical & Operations teams
- Guide customers toward early renewal and expansion of our services
- 10+ years of Special Education administrative experience in the U.S. public school system
- Strong preference for candidates who have led the Special Education department at a school district
- Meaningful private sector experience or strong evidence of the ability to succeed in a customer-facing role with a for-profit company (albeit one with a strong social mission)
- Charismatic and engaging; excels at building trusting, lasting relationships; an excellent listener
- Innovative, tech-savvy and creative; understands the PresenceLearning vision and shows up with concrete ideas for how PresenceLearning can expand our business and help more people
- Sound clinical knowledge of multiple categories of learning disabilities / special needs
- Sound knowledge of areas adjacent to Special Ed such as RTI and ELL
- A “start-up person”: hands-on, proactive, sees their role as more than just a job