Pressley Ridge

Enjoyable
Teamwork
Poor management
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits, travel reimbursement
Cons: constantly having to please foster parents, overworked, under appreciated, safety concerns
the only good thing about this company were the pay and benefits. Although you were expected to work much more than 40 hours a week with no extra compensation. The job itself (working with the kids) is wonderful but very stressful with little support. Safety going into bad neighborhoods alone, and unarmed was always a tremendous concern. The agency is not focused on the child, but more so pleasing the foster parent.
Great support from coworkers and staff; and you can help change a youth's life for the better
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVNovember 7, 2014
coworkers are were absolutely amazing and truly supported you as did supervisors. You can easily see the joy in the youths faces and can know you're making a positive impact in their lives. Residential shifts are a little rough due to the lack of quality sleep. Overall Great job to help build valuable skills that can use in every aspect of life and you get to have a positive impact of today's youth.
Treatment Coordinator
Treatment Foster Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: low pay
Everyday is different for a Treatment Coordinator. You go to court hearing, home visits, MDT meetings, etc. As well, things can change at any moment. You need to be flexible with your work and personal schedule. Along with hearing tough stories about your clients, the traveling is one of the hardest things about the job. Your car become your office.

Even though the position can very hard some days others are very rewarding. It makes your day when a client finds a home and/or is adopted. You build great relationships with coworkers and the families you work with.
Productive and fun atmosphere and culture.
Intake Coordinator/Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee), Dover, DEAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free meals during training, compensation time for when you work over
Cons: salary does not match workload; non-profit organization
This company is great to work for. There is plenty of work (sometimes too much) but the program director is always working to compensate employees with company retreats and other perks.
A place where you can provide tools to children to become successful.
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJuly 28, 2014
I have learn so much during my time as a teacher/counselor. You never what the day my be like. The most important skills that I have grown to love is team work. My co workers were awesome at their job. There was plenty of times we had to face crisis situation but when we came together we would defuse the issue immediately, and that is because our team work was great. The management would let you produce different ideas to help the youth reach their goals. The most enjoyable moment is the positive change I have influenced on a trouble teens life.
poor place to work
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee), Walker, WVJune 28, 2014
Pros: free meals, unlimited overtime
Cons: low pay, lack of support, high turnover rate
Don't fall into this trap! I enjoyed working with the kids, however during training they sugar coat how it really is and so when you get placed in your cottage you are completely thrown off. It is nothing but rude and disrespect on a daily basis. Hope you don't mind having to physically restrain kids! Also, don't expect a break when you work 16 hours because the management sucks!
Great working environment
School-Based Outpatient Clinician (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 16, 2014
I enjoyed with skilled therapists serving children and families in multicultural settings. I developed my skills as a therapist and was given multiple opportunities to continue my growth through trainings and conferences
fun
Teacher Counselor (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVApril 16, 2014
fun place to work with kids. most difficult thing is dealing with troubled youth.
positive working enviornment
Office Cleaning (Current Employee), Waynesburg, PAMarch 18, 2014
great working enviornment, great staff, friendly work place, very flexible.
Good Work Office
Family Advocate/Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2013
great place to work but the communication skills where off with staff and management
Not an easy job, but it can be rewarding helping young people
Teacher Counselor (Current Employee), Walker, WVDecember 18, 2013
Pros: free meals while working, 3 days of work, satisfaction of helping troubled youth, extensive training.
Cons: low pay, stressful environment, poor support from management, little or no breaks in 16hr days.
Pressley Ridge is a level III residential and diagnostic facility for youth who are wards of the state. You counsel and supervise youth (11-17yrs) with negative social behaviors and drug and alcohol addictions. If you work the residential shift, you will be be required to work a 16hr shift and stay overnight for two nights. The advantage is after 3 days, you are off the rest of the week (unless you volunteer to work overtime). You work with 5 to 10 young people in a cottage who have severe behavior problems and you are required to address their behaviors in huddles with the rest of the youth in the cottage. Sometimes you may need to restrain youth (within certain parameters) who become violent. You also would participate in various fun activities and projects with the youth and develop strong bonds with them. You are given extensive training in conflict resolution, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, drug & alcohol abuse and various trainings in First Aid. The job can be extremely stressful but also very rewarding when you see progress in the youths.
Unpleasant Place to work
Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: Diverse population to work with, variety of mental health issues, excellent and friendly support staff, descent size office space, coworkers (with the exception of management) are friendly and supportive

Cons: Very cliquey, some workers are favored and given special treatment, you are expected to work through lunch and dinner breaks, you are expected to work extra than the hours you are paid for without extra compensation, certain management is not supportive, unfriendly and micromanages; cares more about the money than the clients

When hired you are made to feel that they really care about your well-being. After about a month or so things change and you are made to feel at times very uncomfortable.
Nice environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Walker, WVOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work is ordinary.
Resources available.
Security benefits.
Active but strict learning enviroment
Night Watch (Former Employee), Walker, WVOctober 14, 2013
Pros: free meals, free time in between routine checks.
Cons: part time shift with no benefits and no indications of being moved up within a short period
Typical day involved arriving to work anywhere between 8pm and 11pm and doing 10 min checks on clients sleeping. My job was to make sure kids were safe, asleep, and in the correct area. At 7am I did wake up, updated coming in staff of night, and supervised children to breakfast then to school. I performed physical restraints when necessary. I documented nightly on events. Hardest part of the job was the midnight shift itself but the most enjoyable was the relationships built with the staff and clients. Most of my coworkers were supportive but for the most part the management part of staff was lacking in ability to keep staff hired on.
Great place, Great people
Office Manager (Former Employee), Cumberland, MDSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: the people
I was an office manager in charge of appointment confirmation, billing, faxing, filing, answering the phones and general office duties. The environment was pleasant and I enjoyed working with my co-workers on a daily basis. The best part was knowing I was apart of a team dedicated to the placement of children in need of a forever home.
Trying their best on limited funding
School Based Therapist, Part-time (Current Employee), York, PASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility of daily schedule
Cons: paid for direct service only; non reimbursement for travel, office time etc.
Staff very dedicated to their client base. Doing their best without much financial support from state/gov/city funding sources.
Child Centered Successful Outreach
Pressley Ridge (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 21, 2013
-supportive work environment
-rewarding
-administration invests in employees
rewarding if you dont want to make any money or have a life
family worker (Former Employee), PASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: co-workers, nice office
Cons: management enjoys mircomanaging and belittling.
No advancement opportunities unless you brown nose or management feels they can control you. More work without compensation. On-call daily even on Holidays, weekends and days off. Poor pay. Office drama and politics. A personal life is a no-no.
Non-profit
Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2013
Non-profit organization that struggles with funding.
Restructing occurs every couple years when previous restructing didn't work.